PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forvm. First Contribution!

JCimo
06-10-10, 12:24 pm
Whats up? This is the current workout I am repping at the gym. What do you guys think? I do it 4 days a week and than the fifth day I do a total body training routine.

Operation Muscle Mass

Day 1 Day 3
Chest Shoulders
Pull Traps
Core Core

Exercises Exercises
Jammers 3 x 12,8,6 High Pulls 3 x 8
DB Chest Press 3 x 12,8,6 Side Raises 3 x 12,8,6
Back Extensions 3 x 12 Oblique Extensions 3 x 12

Scarecrows 4 x 5sec hold Shoulder Press 3 x 12,8,6
Incline DB 3 x 12,8,6 DB Bent Laterals 3 x 12,8,6
Decline Bench 3 x 12,8,6 Front Raises 3 x 12,8,6

Flys 3 x 12,8,6 Shrugs 3 x 12
Leg Raises Leg Raises
Ab Twists Weighted Crunches

Day 2 Day 4
Legs Biceps
Back Triceps

Exercises Exercises
Squats 3 x 12 Close Grip Bench 3 x 12,8,6
T-Bar 3 x 12,8,6 Barbell Curls 3 x 12,8,6
Leg Extensions 3 x 12 Tricep Extensions 3 x 12,8,6

Lat Pull Downs 3 x 12 DB Curls 3 x 12,8,6
Leg Curls 3 x12 Tricep Pushdowns 3 x 12,8,6
Deadlifts 3 x 12 Preacher Curls 3 x 12,8,6

Calf Raises 3 x 12 Calf Raises 3 x 12
Calf Extensions 3 x 12 Calf Extensions 3 x 12
Shrugs 3 x 12,8,6 Shrugs 3 x 12,8,6

JCimo
06-10-10, 12:32 pm
It is tough to red but its the Day and then underneath is the exercises with the sets and reps. Like i said, new to the forum so I am still learning how to edit the text!

Universal Rep
06-10-10, 12:34 pm
Welcome.

What are your goals? Do you have lagging parts you're trying to address or just lookin' to add overall strength and health?

Aggression
06-10-10, 12:41 pm
Welcome, Big JC. Looks like you have the basics covered in here. What's the diet like?

J-Dawg
06-10-10, 12:50 pm
Glad to have you here JC. How ya likin' that routine so far?

C.Coronato
06-10-10, 1:05 pm
Welcome my man, I see your from Jersey. There is a good amount of us from Jersey, and we get together frequently. You should come check out an ABC brother. The next one is in NYC .. here is the thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090 - NYC
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11549 - Jersey

Mr. Dead
06-10-10, 1:15 pm
Welcome!!!

JCimo
06-10-10, 3:32 pm
Thanks Men! Glad to be here! My cousin actually works for Universal so I am all about ANIMAL! I teach a fitness class called Chizeled I designed mostly for woman. My goals are to look like the name of my class, Chizeled. I also want to gain some size without the side effect of gaining weight in the mid section. I have been doing 12 10 8 and 6 reps. I figured the routine I do is for the most part one body part a day but I get after it. and than once a week a full body routine as well. What do you think?

Aggression
06-10-10, 3:49 pm
Thanks Men! Glad to be here! My cousin actually works for Universal so I am all about ANIMAL! I teach a fitness class called Chizeled I designed mostly for woman. My goals are to look like the name of my class, Chizeled. I also want to gain some size without the side effect of gaining weight in the mid section. I have been doing 12 10 8 and 6 reps. I figured the routine I do is for the most part one body part a day but I get after it. and than once a week a full body routine as well. What do you think?

So you're hitting each body part, by itself, once per week, and then on top of that, you're doing a full body routine once per week? Hmm .. I might drop the full body routine and just stick with the former split. You gotta give your body time to rest up a bit and recover.

Gaining size without body fat is going to come down to the diet. What's the diet consist of?

Universal Rep
06-10-10, 3:56 pm
My goals are to look like the name of my class, Chizeled. I also want to gain some size without the side effect of gaining weight in the mid section.

Sounds like someone has a goal. I suggest startin' a Journey for yourself and makin' yourself comfortable here in the FORVM...

JCimo
06-10-10, 5:23 pm
My diet is clean for the most part, more carb intake earlier in the day than late. High Potein intake. I really for the most part keep it good but sometimes I feel like I am not eating the right foods at the right times. I teach so I need to bring my lunch and I am never sure what to bring.

C.Coronato
06-14-10, 1:49 pm
Can you give a run down of what your exact diet is brotha?

Aggression
06-14-10, 2:31 pm
My diet is clean for the most part, more carb intake earlier in the day than late. High Potein intake. I really for the most part keep it good but sometimes I feel like I am not eating the right foods at the right times. I teach so I need to bring my lunch and I am never sure what to bring.

As CC requested, post up your diet so we can take a look. The best thing to do is cook up a bunch of food on the weekend so you have it ready. I cook up 3 packages of chicken, one package of beef, potatoes, broccoli, etc., all on a Sunday night. That way I just come home during the week, spend 5minutes throwing meals into tupperware and I'm ready for the next day.

Big Wides
06-15-10, 6:12 am
Like both CC and Aggression said, it comes down to the diet. Your routine looks pretty good and I like the Jammers and High pulls. They key to gaining size that has worked for me is the "less is more" mentality. Less time in the gym for more recovery time outside the gym. 4 days is plenty to train on, but for diet this is something your going to have to play around with.

Without seeing in I would keep it high in protein, moderate carbs, and a good amount of greens. For ratios, play around with them to see how it effects your body then go from there, but try something out for about 6 weeks. Don't try something for 2 weeks, not like the diet or think the results aren't coming fast enough.....give it time since there are no shortcuts.