PDA

View Full Version : no pain no gain?

fawaz
06-10-10, 4:58 pm
who feels this phrase is balls out to the wall or just a way to get injured.i would like to see your thoughts.

Legacy
06-10-10, 7:16 pm
Mixed feelings. When you go above and beyond and squeeze out the last possible rep, that is beneficial. But when you go to the point that you strain a muscle or get a partial tear or some type of injury, in my opinion thats taking it too far.

AntoineV
06-11-10, 3:52 am
Mixed feelings. When you go above and beyond and squeeze out the last possible rep, that is beneficial. But when you go to the point that you strain a muscle or get a partial tear or some type of injury, in my opinion thats taking it too far.

For me that saying not only means physical pain. For me pain can also be psychological. Counting everything to the gram, eating plain foods, bringing your lunchbox to the restaurant, skipping the parties etc. All of this can be hard and ''painful''. It's not easy pushing all those heavy weights almost every day and piling up hours after hours of cardio... as it is not easy enduring the low carb days and being different than everybody else. Pain isn't fun, the basic instinct is to avoid it. But the bodybuilder learns to embrace all of that PAIN because he knows he will GAIN something good and positive out of it.

No pain no gain!

peace

fawaz
06-11-10, 9:58 am
For me that saying not only means physical pain. For me pain can also be psychological. Counting everything to the gram, eating plain foods, bringing your lunchbox to the restaurant, skipping the parties etc. All of this can be hard and ''painful''. It's not easy pushing all those heavy weights almost every day and piling up hours after hours of cardio... as it is not easy enduring the low carb days and being different than everybody else. Pain isn't fun, the basic instinct is to avoid it. But the bodybuilder learns to embrace all of that PAIN because he knows he will GAIN something good and positive out of it.

No pain no gain!

peace

i agree with you all the way on that one.

Machine
06-13-10, 5:34 pm

No pain no gain!

peace

This is well said and pretty much what my early frame of mind was. I really cant say it any better. You are bright and clearly understand the "work versus reward" motivational skill set. Keep pushing and do what you need to do to avoid injuries...but at the end of the day...the injuries are out there waiting in neutral for the inevitability of opportunity.

MACHINE

korinek00
06-13-10, 8:37 pm

No pain no gain!

peace

Well said brother.

Keeping the diet in check, eating the same fucking foods over and over again, choking down that gallon of water or milk a day, bringing your food with you wherever you go, getting to bed early.

THAT is what separates the men from the boys in this game. THAT is what it's all about. Life, bodybuilding, you name it, it's fucking 90% mental and 10% physical.

A lot of people can go in and put in a good workout, but that's only 10% of the equation. Very few have the guts, balls, and drive to tackle the other 90%.

Think about it, you only workout for maybe 6 hours per week, give or take some, the other 162 hours is mental, psychological warfare. Not many have the fucking nuts to step foot on that battlefield.

ZombiePower
06-13-10, 8:53 pm
Well said brother.

Keeping the diet in check, eating the same fucking foods over and over again, choking down that gallon of water or milk a day, bringing your food with you wherever you go, getting to bed early.

THAT is what separates the men from the boys in this game. THAT is what it's all about. Life, bodybuilding, you name it, it's fucking 90% mental and 10% physical.

A lot of people can go in and put in a good workout, but that's only 10% of the equation. Very few have the guts, balls, and drive to tackle the other 90%.

Think about it, you only workout for maybe 6 hours per week, give or take some, the other 162 hours is mental, psychological warfare. Not many have the fucking nuts to step foot on that battlefield.

WOW bro that just motivated me big time its true though not many people have the balls to do it im stepping up my game thanks bro

MELTDOWN
06-13-10, 10:47 pm
My dad is good friends with motocross icon Malcolm Smith and they always used the phrase..
"..Racing is 90% mental.....the other half is physical.."

Insert lifting, training, bodybuilding (whatever) for Racing and it still applies.

fawaz
06-14-10, 2:34 pm
Well said brother.

100% true bro

PIJW
06-14-10, 2:50 pm
I have something similar is why i have my forvm name

I was taught during basic training for the Marine Corps that Pain is just Weakness leaving the body. With that if i don't feel any pain/soreness/tightness or any discomfort on what i am working on them i am not pushing myself hard enough. I could go on about this but i think the saying says enough