PDA

View Full Version : Positive Attitude

Funky
06-11-10, 11:24 am
I could actually go on for hours about how a positive attitude can not only help you in life, but actually change your entire life. By keeping a positive attitude you will actually help your muscles and body. Getting you several great results.

Result #1
You get less stressed. By having less stress in your life your body will react by doing what it is supposed to whether you are growing, or cutting, stress just messes you up.

Result #2
You do not get burnt out. If you have ever been here you know what I mean. The things you once loved to do become work, it is never good. So not burning out is good. Positive attitude keeps the good things you love on your mind all the time!

Result #3
When you are positive, positive people seem to come out of the wood work. This is my favorite as the more positive people you know the more motivating and exciting life becomes.

Result #4
The people with a bad attitude will get pissed that you always have a positive attitude!

Now I will admit a positive attitude will not solve every one of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth your effort!

Beowulf
06-11-10, 11:58 am
Having a positive attitude can alter your brain chemistry.

Funky
06-11-10, 12:25 pm
Life is all about attitude. Life is what you perceive of it and make of it. We are all in control of our own feelings, and our feelings truly shape our attitudes and how we go about our daily lives. If you feel that you can be successful, you'll have a positive attitude that'll help you succeed. If you feel that you can't be successful, you'll have a negative attitude that'll help you fail. A positive attitude is the key to opening many doors in life. A negative attitude is never going to unlock any of those doors.
Translating into body building or powerlifting if you think you can do it and keep the positive attitude that it will happen, soon you will have that 3% bodyfat step on stage for the win, or that 600 pound bench PR. If you don't think you can, well you never will!

Beowulf
06-11-10, 12:34 pm
We are all in control of our own feelings

I don't control mine, but I wish I could. Teach me, sensei. I want to learn. Seriously though, you're right about the power of having a positive attitude.

Funky
06-11-10, 1:04 pm
I don't control mine, but I wish I could. Teach me, sensei. I want to learn. Seriously though, you're right about the power of having a positive attitude.

Self control is another topic all together! The hardest control to achieve is self control cause well you go up against the one person that knows and uses every one of your weaknesses against you!!

Beowulf
06-11-10, 1:22 pm
Self control is another topic all together! The hardest control to achieve is self control cause well you go up against the one person that knows and uses every one of your weaknesses against you!!

This feels very Eastern philosophy. Do you collect samurai swords and stuff?

Funky
06-11-10, 1:23 pm
This feels very Eastern philosophy. Do you collect samurai swords and stuff?

I have one sword LOL

Beowulf
06-11-10, 1:24 pm
I have one sword LOL

Ha! I knew it, lol. Is it functional? From what period? Or is it a replica?

Funky
06-11-10, 1:28 pm
It is a full tang, battle ready, high carbon, from the edo period! I actually have a fascination with swords not just eastern and not just one era. I will admit someday I will have a collection LOL

Beowulf
06-11-10, 1:32 pm
It is a full tang, battle ready, high carbon, from the edo period! I actually have a fascination with swords not just eastern and not just one era. I will admit someday I will have a collection LOL

Authentic? Nice. Lot of guys do. You'd be surprised.

korinek00
06-11-10, 5:25 pm
The posters in school said, "Attitude is a small thing that makes a big difference."

Right on the money, it is such a SMALL thing and is often neglected and never even noticed. People don't even realize that their attitude is negative, bad, and sour. Be more aware of your attitude towards everything, every second of the day. When you go to work, go to work with a positive attitude, rather than one like, "This sucks, I hate work, how long do I have to be here, etc. etc."

When you become more aware of your attitude, you will begin to notice how much negativity you actually projected towards your life. When you do notice your attitude become negative, you can change it on the spot, instantly.

Another thing, you do not have to let bad things effect you in a negative way. Again, work for example, yeah it may suck, yeah it robs you of time, I'm sure we would rather be out boating, spending time with family, you name it, BUT don't let bad things get to you. Don't let them get you down, get you angry, get you flustered, because if you do, you are giving it power over you. When you let something effect you in a negative way, you are giving it control of your thoughts, your emotions, and essentially are letting it control you.

Work on mastering your mind, controlling your thoughts, your emotions, and your attitude.

Preservation
06-11-10, 5:39 pm
Thinking positive or negative really affects you emotionally when hitting the gym if your in the wrong or right state of mind when workout it either helps or brings you down. I find it to be 90 percent mental.

''Positive outlook positive results''

Cellardweller
06-12-10, 4:38 pm
Funky, this is just what I needed to hear. I've been stressed out with my own shit and now I'm dealing with someone's else's shit too. Long story. I'm stressed and burnt out big time. Thanks man for checking me.

Funky
06-14-10, 8:06 am
Funky, this is just what I needed to hear. I've been stressed out with my own shit and now I'm dealing with someone's else's shit too. Long story. I'm stressed and burnt out big time. Thanks man for checking me.

Well the only thing you can change is the Man in the mirror and when you do everything else will fall in line Brother!! I hope for you the best. Just remember no matter what keep moving forward!!

Funky
06-14-10, 8:06 am
I like everyone's ideas on positive and negative attitude keep them coming!!

naturalguy
06-14-10, 8:32 am
I couldn't agree more about how important a positive attitude is.

You have a choice and you can focus on the negative things in life or the positive. Don't dwell on the negative, that leads to "stinkin' thinkin'".

Some people call this cheesy and don't buy into it however I have read many motivational books and listened to my fair share of motivational CD's, podcasts, etc. in fact I have Tony Robbins on my ipod right now and sometimes listen during cardio. This stuff has made a positive influence on me and my attitude.

A positive attitude can change your life especially when the chips are down and you find yourself in a bad situation. I've seen many people overcome obstacles and adversity in their life due to their attitude.

Funky
06-14-10, 8:45 am
I couldn't agree more about how important a positive attitude is.

You have a choice and you can focus on the negative things in life or the positive. Don't dwell on the negative, that leads to "stinkin' thinkin'".

Some people call this cheesy and don't buy into it however I have read many motivational books and listened to my fair share of motivational CD's, podcasts, etc. in fact I have Tony Robbins on my ipod right now and sometimes listen during cardio. This stuff has made a positive influence on me and my attitude.

A positive attitude can change your life especially when the chips are down and you find yourself in a bad situation. I've seen many people overcome obstacles and adversity in their life due to their attitude.

Man how true! I am one of the ones that are completely sold on this idea because it turned my entire life around! Before I was a complete mess and had as many downs as I did ups. These days life is simple I live with a great attitude and nothing gets me down!!