PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this happen?

c-doll
06-11-10, 3:38 pm
A story to share about PM. So last night my girl and I go to sleep around 11. I fall asleep like immediately because I took my PM at 1030. She can't get to sleep because she's got a dance recital this weekend and all kinds of things to do like finalize numbers and finish costumes, so she's stressing about getting things done. Anyways, she's awake while I'm asleep and she told me that I was doing things like jerking around (punching? kicking?), I dunno she wasn't too specific. And she said I was making noises, not talking, I'd assume more like grunts. I did some web research and found these are REM abnormal sleep behaviors, which in some cases are signs of bad things to come down the road. I've had these types of things happen in my sleep before and was a frequent sleep walker through puberty. I was just wondering, has anyone else had these abnormal behaviors?

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:08 pm
A story to share about PM. So last night my girl and I go to sleep around 11. I fall asleep like immediately because I took my PM at 1030. She can't get to sleep because she's got a dance recital this weekend and all kinds of things to do like finalize numbers and finish costumes, so she's stressing about getting things done. Anyways, she's awake while I'm asleep and she told me that I was doing things like jerking around (punching? kicking?), I dunno she wasn't too specific. And she said I was making noises, not talking, I'd assume more like grunts. I did some web research and found these are REM abnormal sleep behaviors, which in some cases are signs of bad things to come down the road. I've had these types of things happen in my sleep before and was a frequent sleep walker through puberty. I was just wondering, has anyone else had these abnormal behaviors?

Punching, kicking the air I hope?

I haven't while using PM. At least not as far as I know.

c-doll
06-11-10, 4:35 pm
Punching, kicking the air I hope?

I haven't while using PM. At least not as far as I know.

Yeah actually, the dog did more damage to her than I did lol.

Beowulf
06-11-10, 4:39 pm
Yeah actually, the dog did more damage to her than I did lol.

... dog? Lol.

Anyway, sorry I can't be of much help. I don't have any sleep disturbances, so I didn't have any issues with PM.

Mauricio
06-11-10, 4:57 pm
"Rapid eye movement behavior disorder occurs when there is a loss of normal voluntary muscle atonia during REM sleep resulting in motor behavior in response to dream content. It can be caused by adverse reactions to certain drugs or else during drug withdrawal." quote from wiki.
common adverse reactions of l-dopa: muscle twitching, confusion, nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, agitation, psychotic episodes with paranoid delusion, hallucinations, severe depresion and hypomania. could be that you're a little too sensitive to the drug, or perhaps you had these symptoms before taking pm, if you keep having these agitated dreams you should consult a doctor my man. i really hope it's nothing serious though.

Funky
06-11-10, 5:13 pm

#1 I hope you won your dream fight #2 If you are sleeping fine and do not hit her there should be no problem. The later down the road thing consult a doctor!!

Preston
06-13-10, 4:08 am
About your sleeping issue: were you really hot when you were sleeping? One thing that I've begun to notice with my wife is that if she is sleeping and it's really hot; she starts talking in her sleep and some of the shit she says man will scare the fuck out of you. Seriously, like one time she was talking (she thinks I made this up) and said the words "baby" and "kill" in the same sentence.

You can search all you want about REM and what "should" or shouldn't happen in your dreams or your sleep but what matters most are your surroundings. If something is off in your sleeping environment it will effect your sleep and sleep patterns. I remember in a few of my psychology courses we saw and did tests on sleep patterns and (you not being really in-depth) with the twitching of body parts, grunting, thrashing around is partially a state of your body being uncomfortable in the position you were sleeping. From what I REMEMBER, when you go to sleep and you hit that deep sleep your body and mind become separated as your brain is doing the work in creating whatever previous experiences you had, and is then turning them into an 8 hour "dream-reality."

If you think it's a serious thing and it happens more and more I would see a sleep therapist and if you start talking about weird shit and stand next to your bed overlooking your lady for 5 hours throughout the night; see a demon dude. :-P

c-doll
06-14-10, 3:06 pm
I'm one of those people that "runs a little warmer", so I usually fall asleep over the covers and don't get under them until I wake up freezing cold, even in the winter lol. I'm not too concerned about it, was just wondering if anyone else has reported this while taking PM.

rockyIV
06-15-10, 3:57 pm
Nothing like that for me. I do end up sleeping more soundly and get crazy dreams and wake up kind of groggy... not like hungover but like I just woke up from a really deep sleep. After about 5 minutes I'm good and feel great but those first 5 minutes are pretty bad