PDA

View Full Version : costruction meal plan

Train209
06-12-10, 8:49 pm
I work construction during the day and I hit the gym right after that and I bring all my food with me. I dont have access to a microwave or anything like that at work. Are there any good solid muscle building meals that I can bring with me that taste good cold/room temp? Ive tried meat with rice cold and i cant stand that.

Ass to Ankles
06-13-10, 2:15 am
Oatmeal with water poured over it and eggs (cooked prior obviously but they arent bad cold)

Preston
06-13-10, 3:54 am
Oatmeal with water poured over it and eggs (cooked prior obviously but they arent bad cold)

Brutal, that doesn't sound appealing at all to me. lol

Preston
06-13-10, 3:59 am
I work construction during the day and I hit the gym right after that and I bring all my food with me. I dont have access to a microwave or anything like that at work. Are there any good solid muscle building meals that I can bring with me that taste good cold/room temp? Ive tried meat with rice cold and i cant stand that.

I remember cooking up chicken breasts, slicing them and taking non cooked veggies with me when I was doing tree removal a looooong time ago. Now, if chicken breasts are too expensive you could always go the beef route and buy some ground beef, cook it up into burgers and eat it cold with mustard packets.

Tell you what is really good.

Teriyaki Burgers:

Ground Beef
French Onion Soup Mix
Teriyaki Marinade
1 Egg

MIX CONTENTS AND COOK

My wife makes these for me dude and I seriously melt every time she tells me that she's making them for dinner; they're to DIE FOR. I've ate them cold and they taste as good cold as they do hot off the grill.

One thing I've learned; if you cook the meat bland, it's brutal eating it cold so make it worth your time and spice up your proteins ;)

Legacy
06-13-10, 11:14 am
Eggs and pasta is a meal I take on the go all the time. Taste the same when its cold and warm. I spice a lot of my food up, whether with sauce or salsa, something to give it some more flavor, doesn't have to taste bad. You can also bring some shakes with you or bars.

Ass to Ankles
06-13-10, 12:18 pm
Brutal, that doesn't sound appealing at all to me. lol

Its surprisingly not bad at all lol

moreofme2kill
06-13-10, 2:29 pm
most things sound unappealing cold, but actually taste ok. me personally almost everything i eat ends up in some burrito format, and cold burritos taste awesome. the main thing is that if ur gonna eat meat cold, or room temperature, dont over cook it!!! if you do it will dry out and be tough to swallow. nothing worse than trying to swallow a chicken titty thats so dry it feels like kitty litter stuck in your gullet. ya dig?

PORTERHOUSE
06-13-10, 2:55 pm

I think that's what they ate at Shawshank.

jeff00z28
06-14-10, 12:49 am
tuna

HatemElAkkad
06-14-10, 7:57 am
For me bro, i grab some tuna with home made low fat tomato paste, chicken, some sauteed vegetables, and a big ass bowl of salad.....thats when im cutting
if im gaining i'll bring in some bread, rice, pasta, or the like...

i recently though of having my egg whites in brown bread, such as the with my peanut butter...you could also grab some nuts

Sometimes the food doesnt taste good....but u gotta do what u gotta do right?

Stay sharp man, eat train and sleep!

C.Coronato
06-14-10, 10:19 am
I eat alot of cold chicken and sweet potatoes. I guess its something you kinda gotta get used to. Cold chicken really isnt bad with some hot sauce. Rice tends to get a little hard, so that may not be something you want. But you can check out quinoa which is good cold as well.