PDA

View Full Version : Bulking

Felo7
06-13-10, 8:51 pm
I'm currently in a bulk and my gains have been amazing, specially the past few weeks that I have been taking Mstak and Pump. I feel I have gained a lot of muscle, but I don't know how my bf has changed. I feel I gained a little fat, which is normal, but don't know if at some time I should stop bulking, start cutting (to shred some fat) and then go back to bulking to avoid gaining to much fat. Or should I just continue my bulk and then do the cutting separate?

Peace

Machine
06-13-10, 9:13 pm
I'm currently in a bulk and my gains have been amazing, specially the past few weeks that I have been taking Mstak and Pump. I feel I have gained a lot of muscle, but I don't know how my bf has changed. I feel I gained a little fat, which is normal, but don't know if at some time I should stop bulking, start cutting (to shred some fat) and then go back to bulking to avoid gaining to much fat. Or should I just continue my bulk and then do the cutting separate?

Peace

In my opinion you must widen your gaze as relates to your training and physical goals.

1. Stop thinking in finite terms...if you utilize only one or possibly two "bulking / cutting cycles" you literally phase out of more efficient methodology. You shouldn't weigh all the way up...and you shouldnt weigh all the way down. You should modify your goals to capture your maximum functional bodyweight at both the top and bottom levels.

2. The way to do that is to evaluate yourself at the bottom end (when you are at your athletically functional lighter weight) - without conventional cardio. Then determine a REAL functional top end (athletically functional heavier weight).

3. Once you have determined your athletically functional low end and high end bodyweights...it will be easier and more managable to push the scale up in a manner more befitting an athlete as follows:

A. You will not need to fight yourself at the dinner table to "max out" to your finite "bulking" bodyweight.

B. You will not need to subsequently fight through all the waste and fat you put on trying to attain the "bulking" goals you began with.

C. You will have evolved as an athlete by utilizing the full "training year" to effeciently push your maximal athletic bodyweight up without compromising your athletic accumen.

D. You will not potentiate unhealthful life situations, medical ailments, or chronic negative health issues while attempting to acheive athletic success.

I know I have given you alot here...but you asked for it...its time to move into some next generation nutritional and training theory.

MACHINE

Optimus Prime
06-16-10, 9:40 am

Peace

i have the same probl bro. whenver i try to bulk i gain some fat to.

moreofme2kill
06-16-10, 4:34 pm
ive been bulking for 28 years now. someday ill feel the need to cut.

AntoineV
06-26-10, 5:10 pm

Peace

Fat is pretty useless so if you start gaining too much of it just lower your carbs a little bit... make sure it's only lean mass that you are adding!!

Legacy
06-26-10, 10:36 pm
Instead of doing a "cut", keep your protein where its at, lower the carbs a little bit to 300-400 grams a day, and bump up your fat intake (maybe 100 grams per day). Obviously you can adjust this for your weight. Healthy fats are a good source of additional calories to help you protect muscle loss and create growth. So try this out and see how your body reacts to it. Help you stay a little bit leaner like you wanted, but will also encourage growth.