PDA

View Full Version : this fucking game we call life...

korn_fed
06-14-10, 6:19 pm
Life for us, brothers, is tough. This life we choose to live... eat clean, train until you drop, and do cardio until you can see the striations in your ass cheeks. Sure, some, if not most of us, enjoy eating healthy and busting our balls in the weight room. But when we get to the outside world, out of the realm that we claim as ours, outside of the gym, temptations are around every corner. You sacrifice going out with friends and having some drinks on friday night in order to hit up the gym, get in a missed meal, or start your cooking for the next day. So what do you do to cope? How do you keep yourself in check, keep that squat 'til you die mindset?

Optimus Prime
06-15-10, 10:52 am
Life for us, brothers, is tough. This life we choose to live... eat clean, train until you drop, and do cardio until you can see the striations in your ass cheeks. Sure, some, if not most of us, enjoy eating healthy and busting our balls in the weight room. But when we get to the outside world, out of the realm that we claim as ours, outside of the gym, temptations are around every corner. You sacrifice going out with friends and having some drinks on friday night in order to hit up the gym, get in a missed meal, or start your cooking for the next day. So what do you do to cope? How do you keep yourself in check, keep that squat 'til you die mindset?

chosing between liftin and partying up is soo hard.

G Diesel
06-15-10, 11:25 am
Not to be argumentative brother, but there are people out there who live with gunshots outside their bedroom window with no idea where their next meal is coming from. We're all pretty blessed to consider training hard and eating right a "tough" life.

While I believe no great achievement comes without sacrifice, I've gotta say if you are doing something you really love and pursuing something you really want, the shit you give up is no great sacrifice, in fact it should be a joy to a certain extent because you are sacrificing as a means of moving closer to your goal.

Peace, G

eric downey
06-15-10, 11:47 am

its simple. the game is your life. either you "cope" or become one of the many who have tried instead of the few that have. its a daily, hourly struggle.

Legacy
06-15-10, 12:10 pm

I agree with what G said. Although for some life may be tough, always remember there is someone out there whose life is a lot worse off. And on the flipside, there is something out there whose life is a lot better.

I believe life is as hard as you want to make it. You control a lot of what happens in your life and the choices you make. fballfanatik31, I appreciate your desire to achieve your goals and make things work, but I see your 19 years old bro. I am just going to give you some advice that I wish I knew when I was your age. Unless you are trying to go somewhere far in your sport, whether it be bodybuilding, powerlifting, whatever; don't lose sight of the things that are in front of you now. Don't put off things you "could have done" because you were so tied up in this game and regret them later. Your only 19 once bro, so enjoy the things you can; the weight room will always be here. I'm not saying this to discourage you or change your views or nothing, (just trying to give you advice from my experience) but like I said, unless you want to truly take your goals and sport to a high level, don't miss out on the things you can do as a young guy and have regrets later. Go out with your bros and have some brews, don't let lifting restrict you from having a life I guess is what I am trying to say. I did it when I was in my teens and missed out on a lot of things I wish I hadn't, but that was the price I paid. Finally realizing lifting wouldn't make a career for me, I turned it into my daily lifestyle and now enjoy a lot of the things in life I probably wouldn't have. With that being said though, I still train hard, eat great, and take my lifting seriously, I just don't get bent out of shape anymore if I miss a meal or have a shitty workout. Theres always another meal and always another lift.

moreofme2kill
06-15-10, 3:15 pm
it seems most youngsters forget that this lifestyle is a privelege, not a mandatory means of existence. you dont HAVE to train or lift weights to live, you dont HAVE to eat the quantities of food daily that most families would, you dont HAVE to do any of this, YOU CHOOSE TO! So man up, quit cryin, and be thankful for all of your blessings and freedoms to be able to live your life in a manner that in most corners of the world is unheard of.

As far as temptation goes, its all a matter of will power and a test of ur true dedication, and it never gets any easier with age, at least it hasnt with me.

korn_fed
06-15-10, 4:37 pm
hey guys, great feedback on this one, and for the books im actually 15, i fucked up my age my bad
and i think i was mistaken a little bit, because i fucking love the way i live right now, eating healthy, gym every day, theres nothing i could love more than what i do. im just saying what do you do to keep yourself on track and stay away from the indulgences? for most, its easy, but when youre young, its a bit different.
and i couldnt agree more with the fact that some people out there are struggling to get through the day. When ever something seems tough, I think to myself, shit im just lucky to have clothes on and an excess of food on my plate.

korn_fed
06-15-10, 4:38 pm
and this post was meant for conversation, im not saying i actually need help getting through the day my brothers

Legacy
06-15-10, 10:37 pm
im just saying what do you do to keep yourself on track and stay away from the indulgences? for most, its easy, but when youre young, its a bit different.

and this post was meant for conversation, im not saying i actually need help getting through the day my brothers

Best way to keep yourself on track is to not let outside factors interfere with what you want to do. Don't let other peoples bullshit become a part of your life. You control the choices you make. If you got a goal, grab that shit by the horns and take off with it, fuck everything else. But most importantly, be discipline and learn to control yourself. Nothin more powerful than that.

I remember reading a quote, I forget who said it, but it said said "mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power".