PDA

View Full Version : Road To College Ball

Pigskinmuscle
06-15-10, 2:48 pm
My name is David. I've been playing football since 7th grade but started getting serious about the game after my junior year. My original goal was to play football at the United States Naval Academy. I started garnering some interest from I-AA teams and a lot from D III teams. I suffered a season ending injury the third week to my right ankle. I realized that DI schools discontinue contacts with 2nd tier recruits. With that said, my dreams of playing at Navy Marine Memorial Stadium went down the drain. I was supposed to play at the United States Merchant Marine Academy, but last minute medical bullshit fragged me and my acceptance was rescinded...... I'm going to be attending Stevenson University next year. They just started a football program this year and I will be one of the first to wear a Stevenson jersey. We are gonna be a developmental squad for the 2010-2011 season, meaning that my eligibility will not be affected. I'm going to attempt to transfer next year to Navy or Merchant Marine. Hopefully the politicians I've made connections with could help....lol..... All honor and glory be to God and God alone.

mcbeast
06-15-10, 2:52 pm
My name is David. I've been playing football since 7th grade but started getting serious about the game after my junior year. My original goal was to play football at the United States Naval Academy. I started garnering some interest from I-AA teams and a lot from D III teams. I suffered a season ending injury the third week to my right ankle. I realized that DI schools discontinue contacts with 2nd tier recruits. With that said, my dreams of playing at Navy Marine Memorial Stadium went down the drain. I was supposed to play at the United States Merchant Marine Academy, but last minute medical bullshit fragged me and my acceptance was rescinded...... I'm going to be attending Stevenson University next year. They just started a football program this year and I will be one of the first to wear a Stevenson jersey. We are gonna be a developmental squad for the 2010-2011 season, meaning that my eligibility will not be affected. I'm going to attempt to transfer next year to Navy or Merchant Marine. Hopefully the politicians I've made connections with could help....lol..... All honor and glory be to God and God alone.

Best of luck in your goals brotha.

Pigskinmuscle
06-15-10, 2:52 pm
I will be lifting Mon/Wed/Fri and running Tues/Thurs/Sat

My current stats
Height:5'9"
Weight:275lbs
Bench:335lbs
Squat(real atg):465lbs
BB Deadlift:465lbs
Trap Bar Deadlift:525lbs
Power Clean:245lbs(weak sauce)
40yd Dash: 5.00
Vert: 29inch

Still recovering from ankle injury(tore every ligament in ankle, no surgery). I will be wearing my ankle brace for all running workouts.

Yesterday's workout..

Power Shrugs
4x10@225lbs

Hang Cleans
4x8@ 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 165lbs

Front Squats
4x8@ 135lbs, 155lbs, 165lbs, 175lbs

Leg Curls
3x10@90lbs

Bench Press
4x8@ 135lbs, 155lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs

Later Raises
3x10@15lbs

Seated Rows
4x10@160lbs

BB Curls ss Tricep Pushdowns
3x10@95lbs, 90lbs

Pigskinmuscle
06-15-10, 2:53 pm
Best of luck in your goals brotha.

thanks man. wish the best to you and yours.

mcbeast
06-15-10, 2:55 pm
Some solid numbers bro. What are you goals as of right now?

Pigskinmuscle
06-15-10, 2:58 pm
not that great but oh well... will take more next week

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0593.jpg

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0602.jpg

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0600.jpg

Pigskinmuscle
06-15-10, 3:00 pm
Some solid numbers bro. What are you goals as of right now?

-get 100% healthy
-kick the offense's ass (I play Nose Guard)
-365lb bench, 525lb squat, 275lb power clean by end of freshman year
-grow closer to Christ

mcbeast
06-15-10, 3:07 pm
-get 100% healthy
-kick the offense's ass (I play Nose Guard)
-365lb bench, 525lb squat, 275lb power clean by end of freshman year
-grow closer to Christ

I like them. Similar to mine, minus the weight differences and kickin the offenses' ass!

Pigskinmuscle
06-16-10, 4:02 pm
gonna get a lift in later around 7:30 ish

Pigskinmuscle
06-16-10, 10:12 pm
Got my second lift in.... slight, slight tweak in my lower back, so I stopped all lower body work after the box squats...

Box Squats(Westside style onto 12 inch box) Sit as far back as possible
5x225lbs, 3x245lbs, 3x275lbs, 3x315lbs

DB Bench
4x8@85lbs

Standing Military Press
8x95lbs, 8x105lbs, 8x115lbs, 8x125lbs----> coming back from AC Joint sprain

Lat Pulldowns
4x10@150lbs

DB Curls ss Tricep Pulldowns (the ones where you put your back onto the padded thing so you can't cheat

3x10@40lb dbs, 3x10@90lbs

Standing Calf Raises
4x15@210lbs----> Bodymaster S 100 kicks serious ass

Hyperextensions
2x10@35lbs

good stuff, got some conditioning to do tomorrow in the humid.. should help me get into game shape..

Pigskinmuscle
06-17-10, 8:05 pm
I need to get in shape! The running was pretty tough, mainly because I haven't done any type of running in forever and my legs are kinda sore from hitting them 3x per week.... plus I was wearing extra layers which helps me get in shape faster...

5x of the following...
4 Cone Box Agility Drill
7 Cone Zigzag Agility Drill
"T" Drill
Pro Agility Drill

Supposed to have done 3 quarters of position specific drills, but was too gassed after the agility/speed work... need to get back in shape.... Good news though, my ankle seems to be nearly at 100%. Still wearing my heavy duty ankle brace, but my ankle doesn't bother me at all when I cut and such.....

Lift tomorrow and conditioning on Saturday..

Pigskinmuscle
06-18-10, 10:26 pm
Got in a lift today, had 1lb of mackerel and 1 cup of rice for dinner afterwards

Hang Cleans
4x8@140lbs, 150lbs, 160lbs, 170lbs

Power Shrugs
4x8@245lbs

Oly Squats
4x8@225lbs, 245lbs, 265lbs, 275lbs

Incline Bench
4x8@ 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs, 185lbs

DB Lateral Raises
3x10@30lb db's

Preacher Curl
3x10@80lbs

CGBP
20@135lbs, 15@135lbs

Got Position specific sprints, 8 110yd sprints, and some game simulated conditioning tomorrow.... gonna go get my drivers permit as well....

Pigskinmuscle
06-20-10, 9:36 pm
damn, I didn't realize that I needed to bring my passport for my permit... gotta go next weekend... I hit the 110yd sprints, felt pretty winded, but this is the first time I'm running these sprints since last summer 15lbs heavier.... gotta lift tomorrow and mow the lawn as well.

Pigskinmuscle
06-21-10, 10:25 pm
Mowed the lawn a few hours before I hit the gym.. needless to say, being outside in 90 degree heat will affect your strength.. nevertheless, I felt good.

Bench Press
4x8@135lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs

Seated Double D Rows
4x10@165lbs

Hang Cleans
4x8@135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs

Power Shrugs
4x10@265lbs

DB Curls ss Tate Presses
3x10@45lb DBs each

Gonna hit sprints tomorrow.... got a dinner appointment Thursday so I will have to run earlier. On a sidenote, I spotted a guy doing decline bench with 335lbs for reps and he was built like a brick shithouse.... he spoke little english and I think he was of Polish or Russian decent... those fellas teach strength.... a humbling experience at the gym once again. You need people like this to kick you in the balls every once and then to keep the fire burning strong.

Pigskinmuscle
06-23-10, 9:41 pm
damn, supposed to be 98 degrees tomorrow with high humidity... sprints are gonna suck...

Box Squats(12inch box)
3X3@315LBS--->focus on sitting back and flaring out the knees......

Step Ups(onto plyo box to knee height)
3x5@135lbs

RDL
4x5@225lbs(going lighter on these because squatting and sprinting are killing the hammies real well)

1 Arm KB Bench ss Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
4x8@28kg, 4x10@170lbs

BB Curls ss Rope Tricep Pushdowns
3x10@95lbs(thicker barbell), 3x10@100lbs

Explosive Calf Raises(Explode up and come down slowly for stretch)
4x10@220lbs

Pigskinmuscle
06-24-10, 4:31 pm
wow.. pretty humid outside... got some agility stuff in today..

5x
4 Cone Box Drill
Triangle Drill
Scramble Drill
Pro Agility Drill

gotta get in shape... gonna go out to see a shitty ass movie and get some grub

Pigskinmuscle
06-25-10, 9:49 pm
Got a lift in today... pretty tired and beat up...

Hang Cleans
4x8@135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 180lbs

Oly Squats
4x8@225lbs, 245lbs, 275lbs, 295lbs

Incline Bench
4x8@135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs, 195lbs

DB Rows
2x10@100lbs(grip was dead after doing cleans without wraps... the bar I use has mad knurling)

Seated Rows
1x20@150lbs

CGBP ss DB Curls
2x20@135lbs/2x10@35lb DB's

Bent Over Rear lateral Raises
2x10@15lbs

mcbeast
06-25-10, 11:20 pm
Looks like things are going well brotha. Keep up the hard work.

Pigskinmuscle
06-26-10, 7:47 pm
Looks like things are going well brotha. Keep up the hard work.

thanks man. you too.

Pigskinmuscle
06-27-10, 9:47 pm
really, really hot and humid today... feels like August already.... got some position specific conditioning in today....

9 plays ranging from 5yds to 40yd sprints with 10 to 15 second rest in between reps... 2 minute rest in between sets...

did this 3 times and my shirt was soaked to all hell....

Pigskinmuscle
06-29-10, 6:28 pm
gonna switch back to 5/3/1 football, doing the 6 week preseason summer cycle... got exactly 6 weeks until first day of camp.....

didn't get a lift in yesterday because I was out for business from 6:00am to 8pm... didn't have much time to eat anything decent and I figured that I could use the extra rest.... the reason im gonna go back to 5/3/1 football is because i cant recover from the running and the lifting, so hopefully this will help. gonna lift in a couple hours...

Pigskinmuscle
06-29-10, 9:42 pm
first day back on 5/3/1 football and man have i lost strength....

Deadlift
5x315lbs, 5x335lbs, 5x355lbs

Push Press
5x170lbs, 5x180lbs, 5x190lbs

BB Rows
4x8@155lbs

Strict BB Curls
3x10@85lbs

Decline Sit Ups ss Hyperextensions
3x15@bw/3x15@bw

got my orientation tomorrow.. six hours of mind numbing information...........

Pigskinmuscle
07-02-10, 9:29 pm
been a hectic week, didn't get any running in this week but oh well, I could use the extra recovery....

Bench
5x225lbs, 5x245lbs, 5x255lbs-----> (been 4 weeks since benching anything heavy)

HS Rows
4x8@3pps

Face Pulls
3x15@40lbs, 50lbs, 60lbs

Seated calf Raises
3x20@3 plates

DB Push Ups
5x20@bodyweight

1 Arm DB Preacher Curls
3x10@30lb db

Lateral Raises 3x10@25lb dbs

Pigskinmuscle
07-06-10, 9:31 pm
got some serious things going on in my life.....

Deadlift
5x315lbs, 5x335lbs, 6x355lbs----->PR

Strict Overhead Press(didn't do push press because of pain in right clavicle and neck)
3x8@155lbs

BB Rows
4x8@165lbs

BB Curls
3x10@95lbs

Hanging Leg Raises ss Back Extensions
3x15@bw/3x15@bw

Pigskinmuscle
07-08-10, 10:54 pm
just got my wrist wraps in today.. ordered the 12' Strangulators and the 24' Basic Motivators wrist straps... the wrap is stiff as hell and I love them already... gonna take some time to break into the straps....

B. Rowe
07-09-10, 2:09 am
Yo bro keep hitting it hard. i understand what you went through. I had lots of buzz coming out of high school, decided to go to prep-school for a post grad year to land that big D1 scholarship. Got a fracture and torn ligaments in my ankle second game of the season, couldnt play whole year and missed out on combine at end of year. Lost my previous offers and ended up at a small 1aa school. I was resentful at first, but i made some amazing friends, got a GREAT education, and was on the field 70% of the time as a freshman. When i look back now, yeh i wonder what if but i would not change a thing.

Now down to business, who made your training routine was it strength coach at school or just a program you found? Secondly, back off the training a little and emphesize on the conditioning and agilities. Winter and spring are the time to get big and strong, summer is the time to get your ass in shape. Trust me, this is going to be nothing like high school. You will probably have conditioning test that you have to pass and nothing worse than not passing and having to do extra conditioning after practice on days you have doubles (i know i had an incident during my test where i had to use the bathroom and i was told to shit myself and keep running or do extra conditioning, i had too much self respect so i took off to the club house lol). But in all honesty get fast and get agile because you will do more damage than another guy who may be stronger but cant make it through a 10 play drive.

Pigskinmuscle
07-09-10, 2:48 pm
Yo bro keep hitting it hard. i understand what you went through. I had lots of buzz coming out of high school, decided to go to prep-school for a post grad year to land that big D1 scholarship. Got a fracture and torn ligaments in my ankle second game of the season, couldnt play whole year and missed out on combine at end of year. Lost my previous offers and ended up at a small 1aa school. I was resentful at first, but i made some amazing friends, got a GREAT education, and was on the field 70% of the time as a freshman. When i look back now, yeh i wonder what if but i would not change a thing.

Now down to business, who made your training routine was it strength coach at school or just a program you found? Secondly, back off the training a little and emphesize on the conditioning and agilities. Winter and spring are the time to get big and strong, summer is the time to get your ass in shape. Trust me, this is going to be nothing like high school. You will probably have conditioning test that you have to pass and nothing worse than not passing and having to do extra conditioning after practice on days you have doubles (i know i had an incident during my test where i had to use the bathroom and i was told to shit myself and keep running or do extra conditioning, i had too much self respect so i took off to the club house lol). But in all honesty get fast and get agile because you will do more damage than another guy who may be stronger but cant make it through a 10 play drive.

Thanks for the advice. I am hitting the conditioning and agility stuff, it's just that I forget to post that shit here. Another thing is that this is gonna be a developmental season so we practice three times a week with no games. As far as the routine, I'm using 5/3/1 Football because I made some great gains over the winter. I'm doing our conditioning and agility drills that were sent to me from the strength and conditioning staff. Thanks for dropping by man.

B. Rowe
07-09-10, 5:11 pm
well best of luck to you and your summer training. If you have any questions let me know, my knowledge in strength and conditioning is probably more in depth than my bodybuilding knowledge.

Pigskinmuscle
07-09-10, 5:59 pm
well best of luck to you and your summer training. If you have any questions let me know, my knowledge in strength and conditioning is probably more in depth than my bodybuilding knowledge.

thanks man. have you ever had a serious injury during your playing career? im coming off a brutal ankle injury and i need to be mentally prepared more than physically..... any ways to boost confidence reassuring yourself that the injury is a thing of the past and how to get back to the reckless attitude necessary to play football?

Pigskinmuscle
07-09-10, 9:32 pm
Good workout... seems like bench isn't cooperating with me recently... i've been using a thicker bar the past few weeks..... gonna switch upto a normal barbell.

Bench
5x225lbs, 5x245lbs, 5x255lbs(1 with some spotter help)

HS Row
4x8@145lbs/side

Incline Bench Press
2xmax@75lb DB's 19,14

Lateral Raises ss Face Pulls
3x10@25lb DB's/80lbs

Strict BB Curls
3x10@95lbs

the wraps are great at supporting the wrists.. no pain at all with db benching, which is a huge plus. going to the MVA for the fourth time this month tomorrow for my fucking learner's permit.... fucking asshole government employees.....

Pigskinmuscle
07-11-10, 4:52 pm
right patella tendon is kinda sore from doing barefoot plyos on hard surface... NOT a good idea... what a fuckin moron...

Hang Cleans
5x165lbs, 5x175lbs, 5x185lbs

Lunges (front and rear lunges)
4x6@30lb DB's

Oly Squat
5x315lbs, 5x335lbs, 5x355lbs---->after box squatting for so long, I'm surprised that I could squat the way I did today.... had great flexibility and slammed the glutes onto my claves

L Raises
3x10@bw

started supplementing with fish oil... we'll see how it goes..

Pigskinmuscle
07-13-10, 9:41 pm
sore patella tendon, right knee, will slowly incorporate running again.... started M Stak.. don't know if it's mental but hit two big PR's today......

Push Press
3x155lbs, 3x185lbs, 6x205lbs----->PR(wrist wraps=savior)

Convo Deadlift(narrow stance)
3x295lbs, 3x335lbs, 4x375lbs---->PR(hit heavier weights with sumo stance, but this was pretty big)

BB Rows
4x8@175lbs

BB Curls
3x10@100lbs

Seated Calf Raises
3x15@3 plates

B. Rowe
07-13-10, 10:18 pm
thanks man. have you ever had a serious injury during your playing career? im coming off a brutal ankle injury and i need to be mentally prepared more than physically..... any ways to boost confidence reassuring yourself that the injury is a thing of the past and how to get back to the reckless attitude necessary to play football?

Yes, did a post grad year and ripped up my ankle had to miss games at end of season and our end of year combine. Going into junior year i couldnt train during summer because of motorcycle accident and had to miss first week of camp so when i came back i had a pretty severe hamstring pull. The ankle injury was a little easier to come back from mentally because you can feel the pain for the most part and you still can have the security of wearing a brace a little longer than needed. The hammy was tough because you feel great and get out there and start running and next thing you know you feel like you have been shot in the leg. So that was something that honestly took a little time to get used to after it had healed but that was all during pre-season. But the main thing is to give yourself proper rest and care for the injury and when you are cleared to play just go for it. When your running down the sidelines to make a play and your ankle is on your mind you are gonna get hurt worse than playing balls out and maybe injuring the ankle again. NEVER step on the playing field timid

Pigskinmuscle
07-13-10, 10:28 pm
Yes, did a post grad year and ripped up my ankle had to miss games at end of season and our end of year combine. Going into junior year i couldnt train during summer because of motorcycle accident and had to miss first week of camp so when i came back i had a pretty severe hamstring pull. The ankle injury was a little easier to come back from mentally because you can feel the pain for the most part and you still can have the security of wearing a brace a little longer than needed. The hammy was tough because you feel great and get out there and start running and next thing you know you feel like you have been shot in the leg. So that was something that honestly took a little time to get used to after it had healed but that was all during pre-season. But the main thing is to give yourself proper rest and care for the injury and when you are cleared to play just go for it. When your running down the sidelines to make a play and your ankle is on your mind you are gonna get hurt worse than playing balls out and maybe injuring the ankle again. NEVER step on the playing field timid

Yea. I talked to my center/linebacker about this when I came back for a game and he tore his ACL junior year and was cleared to practice/workout the next summer. He told me the same thing and that I should stop worrying about the injury.... I just need to regain my confidence and I guess that takes some time.... thanks for the advice.

B. Rowe
07-13-10, 11:30 pm
Yea. I talked to my center/linebacker about this when I came back for a game and he tore his ACL junior year and was cleared to practice/workout the next summer. He told me the same thing and that I should stop worrying about the injury.... I just need to regain my confidence and I guess that takes some time.... thanks for the advice.

You said it yourself man, just gotta regain your confidence. Everytime you walk on that field just tell yourself you are the sickest motherf*^ker that ever strapped on a helmet. But keep it to yourself, no need to be cocky or flamboyant, just tell yourself every play you know exactly what your assignment is and how you are going to execute and you are going to dominate any opponent that gets in your way.

Pigskinmuscle
07-15-10, 12:42 am
just got done with some complexes and prowler sprints... feel pretty good, no soreness in knee, which is a good sign.. got a bench workout tomorrow and if weather permits, I'll get some field work in as well.... I've said this before, but M Stak is king!

B. Rowe
07-15-10, 9:34 am
really, really hot and humid today... feels like August already.... got some position specific conditioning in today....

9 plays ranging from 5yds to 40yd sprints with 10 to 15 second rest in between reps... 2 minute rest in between sets...

did this 3 times and my shirt was soaked to all hell....

its tough out there lately. be sure to stay hydrated with water or a low sugar sports drink and if you are drinking just water make sure you have a little sodium and other electrolytes. Keep up the good work

Pigskinmuscle
07-15-10, 7:09 pm
prowler sprints + M Stak = wonderful recovery aid for sore lower body... glutes, hams, quads were on fire from Sunday's squat workout and Tuesday's deadlifts, but I feel 100% down there, meaning that this combo is fucking awesome! Gotta lift in a bit and hitting some more unorthodox conditioning tonight...

Pigskinmuscle
07-15-10, 9:27 pm
Benching has been pretty difficult for me the last few weeks.... I recently switched to a closer grip to save any more potential damage to my shoulders.....

Bench
3x205lbs, 3x245lbs, 3x275lbs(plus 2 with spotter help)--> closer grip...

DB Incline Bench(pretty steep incline) 14x85lb DB, 10x85lb DB

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
4x8@180lbs

V Grip Seated Rows
4x8@160lbs

Heel Raises(works Tibialis Anterior)
3x15@25lb DB

Rope Pushdown
3x10@130lbs

gonna have 2lb pork with rice for dinner

B. Rowe
07-15-10, 10:22 pm
Benching has been pretty difficult for me the last few weeks.... I recently switched to a closer grip to save any more potential damage to my shoulders.....

If you are having issues with shoulder, do what you said keep a closer grip on bench also avoid incline as much as possible as this puts extra strain on the shoulders

Pigskinmuscle
07-15-10, 10:25 pm
If you are having issues with shoulder, do what you said keep a closer grip on bench also avoid incline as much as possible as this puts extra strain on the shoulders

it's not that the bench was aggravating the shoulder, it's just that i would like to avoid any potential damage.. i had a few stingers in my right shoulder so i'm trying to spare them. incline seems to be fine though....

Pigskinmuscle
07-17-10, 1:39 am
gonna throw tomorrow's workout out the window and shoot for 315x20 on squat.... just watched Jesse Marunde squat 407x20 and Andy Ruse squat 462x20.... needless to say, squatting 315x20 will boost my confidence immensely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqz54LCBrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFGdpQD_O0

I'm gonna try to get it on video......

Pigskinmuscle
07-17-10, 5:01 pm
managed to get 315 for 18 reps... bar slipped off my back because my hands went numb.... i couldn't breathe for 10 minutes.. if you want to know what women go through during birth, go do some widowmaker squats.. will upload video later......

Pigskinmuscle
07-17-10, 9:58 pm
managed to get 315 for 18 reps... bar slipped off my back because my hands went numb.... i couldn't breathe for 10 minutes.. if you want to know what women go through during birth, go do some widowmaker squats.. will upload video later......

got the video I promised..... you wanna come closer to Jesus Christ? Do these with heavy weights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSW3Jxm3FI

B. Rowe
07-17-10, 11:36 pm
got the video I promised..... you wanna come closer to Jesus Christ? Do these with heavy weights...

i feel you bro i did the bros vs pros squat comp n did 405 x 26 wanted to die

Pigskinmuscle
07-17-10, 11:52 pm
i feel you bro i did the bros vs pros squat comp n did 405 x 26 wanted to die

haha you blow my squat out the fucking water!

B. Rowe
07-17-10, 11:54 pm
haha you blow my squat out the fucking water!

I got some years on ya man... you will be there dont worry

Pigskinmuscle
07-17-10, 11:56 pm
I got some years on ya man... you will be there dont worry

thanks man. the boost in confidence I got from this is immense

B. Rowe
07-18-10, 12:15 am
thanks man. the boost in confidence I got from this is immense

Thats some damn good endurance to get that up 18 times bro, you should feel good about yourself

Pigskinmuscle
07-19-10, 9:58 pm
felt a light pinch in my lower back today... still not fully recovered from saturday's squats.... I am NOWHERE as sore as I should be.. M Stak=gift from God.

Convo Deadlift
5x315lbs, 3x355lbs, 2x395lbs--->PR(pr for convo, close stance deadlift, pulled 405x5 with sumo)

Push Press
5x170lbs, 3x190lbs, 6x215lbs---->HUGE PR(strangulator wrist wraps are awesome!)

KB Towel Curl
3x10@28kg

Neck Flexion
4x20-10@45-70lbs

L Raises ss Hyperextensions
2x10@bw/2x10@bw

gonna get some running in tomorrow, thursday, and saturday/sunday

had 2lbs of sole with 1 cup of rice

Pigskinmuscle
07-21-10, 12:03 am
got done with some foot drills and prowler sprints.. having an interesting squat conversation with this kid that's transfering from U of Akron.. interesting stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=130019227015123&v=wall&story_fbid=143886502295062&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

this jonathan kid is making me lol

Pigskinmuscle
07-21-10, 12:36 am
some pics..

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0630.jpg

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0630.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s914.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac343%2Fpigskinmus cle66%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN0629.jpg% 26

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0630.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s914.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac343%2Fpigskinmus cle66%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN0627.jpg% 26

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0624.jpg

Pigskinmuscle
07-21-10, 10:03 pm
bench has stalled... i think i hit a plateau.... gonna switch it up to incline bench for next cycle.....

Bench
5x225lbs, 3x255lbs, 2x285lbs

Incline DB
14x90lb DB's, 9x90lb DB's

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
4x8@190lbs

Neck Work

next week is gonna be more of a rep workout except for squat before i hit a deload... i want the most out of my m stak cycle... some heavy, high rep DB/machine work will help me add more size to my upper body, which is good because I have the base to hold more size and weight...

had lots of spare ribs with rice for dinner....

B. Rowe
07-21-10, 11:41 pm
some pics..

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0630.jpg

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0630.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s914.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac343%2Fpigskinmus cle66%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN0629.jpg% 26

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0630.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2F s914.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fac343%2Fpigskinmus cle66%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN0627.jpg% 26

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0624.jpg

lookin good man, hope things are progressing how you want

Pigskinmuscle
07-22-10, 1:55 pm
thanks man... weight is upto 280lbs but feeling good with the new weight.. gonna get in some agility work and conditioning with some of my hs teammates, one of whom I will be playing with next year....

Pigskinmuscle
07-22-10, 8:33 pm
well we fucked off the agility because the 110's were kinda hard... gonna do them on sunday by myself....

ran 12 110yd sprints with 45seconds in between... gotta get my flexibility back.. I've been neglecting my stretches and my hip flexors, glutes, and hammies kept giving out on me after 80yds.... gotta get the flexibility back... gonna chill tomorrow with friends and back into the weightroom on saturday for squats and power cleans.

Pigskinmuscle
07-24-10, 7:09 pm
holy canoli is the heat stifling today... 100 degrees with too much humidity...

Hang Cleans
3x155lbs, 3x185lbs, 5x205lbs----> BIG PR(struggled to power clean 205 just one year ago, hang cleaning that weight for 5...)

Oly Squats
3x295lbs, 3x355lbs, 5x375lbs---->PR(used to get 5 reps with 355lbs a few months ago, damn sunburn killed when the bar was on my back today)

Power Shrugs
2x10@315lbs

Neck Flexion/Extension

gonna have some liver for my pwo meal....

Pigskinmuscle
07-26-10, 10:10 pm
Rack Deadlifts(2 inches below knees)
5x325lbs, 3x415lbs, 3x465lbs, 3x465lbs

Incline DB Press
11,7@95lb DBs

Seated Rows
4x10@180lbs

Grip/Forearm Circuit
Hex DB Holds/Grip Machine/Reverse Cable Curls
3xmax@25lb DBs/3x10@125lbs/3x10@70lbs

Neck Flexion/Extension

B. Rowe
07-26-10, 11:51 pm
great conditioning workout we did were 100's... sprint 100 yds and then jog back to the other end with 45 sec rest from the end of the sprint portion. Try and keep your time under 19 sec for he sprint.

Pigskinmuscle
07-27-10, 10:47 am
great conditioning workout we did were 100's... sprint 100 yds and then jog back to the other end with 45 sec rest from the end of the sprint portion. Try and keep your time under 19 sec for he sprint.

yup. the time limit for the lineman is 19 seconds.... I made them in time except for the last 5 because my legs got real tight and started to give out...

Pigskinmuscle
07-27-10, 9:47 pm
Got in a quick, high rep(for me) workout....

Clean and Press
6x6@135lbs

Close Grip Bench Press
5x5@225lbs, 10@185lbs

Hammer Curls
8@50,55,60,65lb DB's

Pigskinmuscle
07-29-10, 12:47 am
http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0640.jpg&newest=1

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0640.jpg&newest=1#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs914.photobu cket.com%2Falbums%2Fac343%2Fpigskinmuscle66%2F%3Fa ction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN0632.jpg%26newest%3D1

http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/pigskinmuscle66/?action=view&current=DSCN0640.jpg&newest=1#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs914.photobu cket.com%2Falbums%2Fac343%2Fpigskinmuscle66%2F%3Fa ction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCN0631.jpg%26newest%3D1

Pigskinmuscle
07-30-10, 9:36 pm
I saw stars for the first time today... wasn't feeling too well but I hit it as hard as I could today....

Hang Cleans
5x170lbs, 3x190lbs, 0x215lbs----> just couldn't get it up..

Oly Squats
5x315lbs, 3x355lbs, 5x395lbs---->PR&Stars

RDL
3x8@225lbs

Towel KB Curls ss Tate Presses
3x10@32kg KB/3x10@50lb DB's

Going in for my motherfucking learner's permit tomorrow.....

Pigskinmuscle
08-02-10, 9:40 pm
i was really sleep deprived going into today's training session but i stepped up my game because there was a group of guys training real hard....

Basically went in doing whatever I felt I needed to do

Push Press
worked upto 235x3.. lost control and badly scraped my shin... could've gotten way more....

Deadlift(Convo)
335x30---->rest pause

Close Grip Bench Press
worked upto 275x3

Seated Rows
2x10@200lbs

Neck work

Think I'm gonna report to camp at around 275~280lbs... 8 days until training camp. can't wait

Pigskinmuscle
08-04-10, 9:39 pm
Today's workout

Afternoon

Prowler Suicides
up and down 10yds x5= 1 set for 3 total sets

PM Weights

Incline DB Press
2x7@100lb DB's

1 Arm DB Bench (using 1 DB, not 2, makes it MUCH harder as stability is nearly impossible)
3x6@90lb DB

Clean Pulls(thicker bar than normal)
4x185lbs, 4x205lbs, 4x235lbs, 4x255lbs (no wrist straps)

Pendlay Rows
3x8@185lbs (thicker bar than normal)

BB Curls
3x10@95lbs(thicker bar than normal)

Leg Press Calf Raises
5x20@3pps

Leg Press Heel Presses
3x20@3 pps

B. Rowe
08-04-10, 10:10 pm
How are you feelin bro, are you excited for camp? How many days off are you going to give yourself before you have to report?

Jon_Blaze
08-04-10, 10:21 pm
What part of the line you positioned at?

Pigskinmuscle
08-05-10, 12:32 am
How are you feelin bro, are you excited for camp? How many days off are you going to give yourself before you have to report?

feeling great. for the most part, my conditioning is right where i left off last year 20lbs lighter. the only thing I'm "concerned" is how much flak I'm gonna receive from coaches for my piss poor bench (went from 335 to 285x2). I'm training hard tomorrow, friday, and sunday. I report to camp on wednesday so I'll give myself 3 days off, which will be plenty. feeling real good.

What part of the line you positioned at?

Jon, I play Nose Tackle/D Tackle

The Sun
08-05-10, 12:54 pm
ok im in

B. Rowe
08-05-10, 12:58 pm
feeling great. for the most part, my conditioning is right where i left off last year 20lbs lighter. the only thing I'm "concerned" is how much flak I'm gonna receive from coaches for my piss poor bench (went from 335 to 285x2). I'm training hard tomorrow, friday, and sunday. I report to camp on wednesday so I'll give myself 3 days off, which will be plenty. feeling real good.

Sounds good bro, dont sweat the bench thing too much. As long as you are powerful in your hips and more explosive it can make up for alot. Our all-american center was the weakest thing in the world but he was explosive, had great footwork, and knew how to control his body and he was great. Stats are not the true measure of success. Best of luck to you

Pigskinmuscle
08-05-10, 1:01 pm
ok im in

welcome aboard man. glad to have you.

Sounds good bro, dont sweat the bench thing too much. As long as you are powerful in your hips and more explosive it can make up for alot. Our all-american center was the weakest thing in the world but he was explosive, had great footwork, and knew how to control his body and he was great. Stats are not the true measure of success. Best of luck to you

yea I'm not too worried about it but I KNOW there are gonna be kids who talk a good game simply because they have a big bench... let the ignorance pour down.

Jon_Blaze
08-06-10, 3:46 am
Well if they give ya shit, put them in pads and see if they can take ya. Then afterwards, IF they win, they can talk smack.

Pigskinmuscle
08-06-10, 12:58 pm
Well if they give ya shit, put them in pads and see if they can take ya. Then afterwards, IF they win, they can talk smack.

haha its just going to be from friendly competition, but we'll see.

I had a terrible dream last night... I had this dream before but I was late to the first practice... this happened my senior year and I never want this to happen again....

Pigskinmuscle
08-06-10, 9:33 pm
Pretty shitty day of sleeping and eating... fell asleep at 4:30am, ate one solid meal and one high calorie shake before training.... needless to say, I'm content with what I accomplished today...

Power Snatch (third time doing them)
3x105, 3x135lbs, 3x145lbs, 1x150lbs

Oly Squats (Ass to Grass)
5x315lbs, 5x365lbs, 5x405lbs-----> Motherfucking PR, 3x405lbs

KB Swings (First time ever)
16x48kg KB

1 Arm KB Farmer's Walk
3x10yds each arm

Reverse Forearm Curls
dont remember, dont care

The Sun
08-06-10, 9:55 pm
Pretty shitty day of sleeping and eating... fell asleep at 4:30am, ate one solid meal and one high calorie shake before training.... needless to say, I'm content with what I accomplished today...

Power Snatch (third time doing them)
3x105, 3x135lbs, 3x145lbs, 1x150lbs

Oly Squats (Ass to Grass)
5x315lbs, 5x365lbs, 5x405lbs-----> Motherfucking PR, 3x405lbs

KB Swings (First time ever)
16x48kg KB

1 Arm KB Farmer's Walk
3x10yds each arm

Reverse Forearm Curls
dont remember, dont care
that's a sick job there! hell of a workout.

Pigskinmuscle
08-06-10, 10:27 pm
that's a sick job there! hell of a workout.

thanks man. keep grinding. im sure you'll be first string the way you work.

The Sun
08-07-10, 6:45 am
thanks man. keep grinding. im sure you'll be first string the way you work.

you should let everyone see that 315x18 set. post it here, that was sick. only when you starting to feel the lights go out it means you pushed yourself to the limit!

Pigskinmuscle
08-07-10, 6:58 am
you should let everyone see that 315x18 set. post it here, that was sick. only when you starting to feel the lights go out it means you pushed yourself to the limit!

It's back here somewhere. In regards to a wider stance, I only do them because I can't physically squat with a narrower stance because of my ankle.

Pigskinmuscle
08-08-10, 7:57 pm
No workouts until I report to camp Wednesday..... First collegiate practice Thursday!! If it counts, I mowed the lawn....

B. Rowe
08-08-10, 8:06 pm
No workouts until I report to camp Wednesday..... First collegiate practice Thursday!! If it counts, I mowed the lawn....

Hell yeh bro, best of luck to you and i hope you enjoy camp. Keep us posted if you can

Pigskinmuscle
08-08-10, 11:43 pm
Hell yeh bro, best of luck to you and i hope you enjoy camp. Keep us posted if you can

thanks man. Will do.

Jon_Blaze
08-09-10, 9:41 pm
Nose Tackle eh? Man it's gotta be awesome to be a brick wall.

Pigskinmuscle
08-11-10, 11:55 am
Nose Tackle eh? Man it's gotta be awesome to be a brick wall.

haha yea it is.

im in my dorm.. getting ready for my physical and other team orientations!

B. Rowe
08-12-10, 3:19 pm
Lets hope you dont get the nervous blood pressure syndrome. So many athletes fail their physicals because they are nervous and excited and get their bp too high and have to miss a few days till they get it in check

Pigskinmuscle
08-12-10, 5:49 pm
Lets hope you dont get the nervous blood pressure syndrome. So many athletes fail their physicals because they are nervous and excited and get their bp too high and have to miss a few days till they get it in check

haha I hear ya... my top number was a little bit high but the other numbers were good..... 70bpm so its not like im a fat fuck... unlike some guys...

first practice! im currently working with the 1st string defense at nose guard... basically a weak side tackle.... cant wait to get in pads..

The Sun
08-12-10, 5:55 pm
update us how its going man. looking forward hearing about you smashing people.

Jon_Blaze
08-13-10, 3:36 am
haha I hear ya... my top number was a little bit high but the other numbers were good..... 70bpm so its not like im a fat fuck... unlike some guys...

first practice! im currently working with the 1st string defense at nose guard... basically a weak side tackle.... cant wait to get in pads..

Glad you're starting with the 1st string defense. And yeah definitely update us on how it goes.

Pigskinmuscle
08-13-10, 4:11 pm
got pads today... start helmets and shoulder pads tomorrow... cant wait

B. Rowe
08-13-10, 4:56 pm
got pads today... start helmets and shoulder pads tomorrow... cant wait

Doesnt mean no contact, shit they had us do goal line drill in just uppers. Have fun bro i wish i was reporting as well

Pigskinmuscle
08-14-10, 7:35 am
Doesnt mean no contact, shit they had us do goal line drill in just uppers. Have fun bro i wish i was reporting as well

hell yea except we are still on the astroturf wearing shoes until Monday because the Bermuda field is delicate to rain and its been raining a lot recently...

feeling some soreness in my left ankle, got fitted with a brace.. we'll see how that works

Pigskinmuscle
08-14-10, 2:44 pm
WHOOOOOO!!!!! got some hitting going on.... defense is absolutely annihilating the stupid ass offense... especially the line.... the o line is scared for one on ones..... still hanging with 1st string...

The Sun
08-14-10, 6:25 pm
WHOOOOOO!!!!! got some hitting going on.... defense is absolutely annihilating the stupid ass offense... especially the line.... the o line is scared for one on ones..... still hanging with 1st string...

sounds like mayhem going on there. hope you doing well with the guys and keep on pounding them

Pigskinmuscle
08-15-10, 2:29 pm
Practicing as 1st string nose guard and then I sprained my right ankle doing leapfrogs for conditioning..... don't know when I'll be back on the field... this blows..

B. Rowe
08-15-10, 2:39 pm
Practicing as 1st string nose guard and then I sprained my right ankle doing leapfrogs for conditioning..... don't know when I'll be back on the field... this blows..

Dont sweat it too bad bro, keep a positive attitude and do all the rehab you can. You have already made 1st string. Get healthy and you will be back on track in no time

Pigskinmuscle
08-15-10, 5:28 pm
Dont sweat it too bad bro, keep a positive attitude and do all the rehab you can. You have already made 1st string. Get healthy and you will be back on track in no time

yup. trainers told me its nothing too serious... should be back by next week for sure

Pigskinmuscle
08-28-10, 2:24 pm
shit, its been a loooong two weeks... i practiced the day after i sprained my ankle and am going full swing with 1st string defense... playing with all sorts of overuse injuries but it is what it is... classes started last week and things are going well.

The Sun
08-28-10, 3:25 pm
shit, its been a loooong two weeks... i practiced the day after i sprained my ankle and am going full swing with 1st string defense... playing with all sorts of overuse injuries but it is what it is... classes started last week and things are going well.

sounds great. how does the ankle feel right now?

do you have any time to do lifting?

Pigskinmuscle
08-28-10, 4:38 pm
sounds great. how does the ankle feel right now?

do you have any time to do lifting?

its almost 100%.. it should have healed fully last week but i practiced full speed the day after the injury because we were so shallow at interior line but its almost fully healed, which is good. we are going to start lifting after practices mondays and fridays at 4pm

B. Rowe
08-29-10, 10:24 pm
its almost 100%.. it should have healed fully last week but i practiced full speed the day after the injury because we were so shallow at interior line but its almost fully healed, which is good. we are going to start lifting after practices mondays and fridays at 4pm

Good to hear you will be back at it soon. Jus keep pushing, injuries happen to everyone.

Pigskinmuscle
08-30-10, 1:08 pm
Good to hear you will be back at it soon. Jus keep pushing, injuries happen to everyone.

haha i was back in full swing practice the day after the injury.. i've been practicing for the last 2 weeks full speed... just a lot of pain throughout the body but oh well.. not much you can do

Pigskinmuscle
09-04-10, 3:01 pm
first intersquad scrimmage.. offense vs defense.. did well

B. Rowe
09-04-10, 10:01 pm
first intersquad scrimmage.. offense vs defense.. did well

Always fun to bust heads against your own boys.

Pigskinmuscle
09-05-10, 5:47 pm
Always fun to bust heads against your own boys.

yea it is. they are the only boys we get to hit this year but its all starting to piece together.. starting to look like an actual team.. still have lots of work to do.. monday off and lift on tuesday and back on the field wednesday.

Pigskinmuscle
09-10-10, 3:34 pm
in season lifting on tuesdays at 7am and fridays at noon.. practice is going well.. im starting to better understand what to do with film time and actually learn and better use technique rather than just brute strength... i get yelled at here for what i got praise in high school so i'm focusing on the little things like film and studying plays.. still 1st string and getting better each day

B. Rowe
09-29-10, 3:35 pm
How are things going? Weather is dying down a little for you guys hopefully. Keep us updated bro

Pigskinmuscle
10-31-10, 1:17 am
How are things going? Weather is dying down a little for you guys hopefully. Keep us updated bro

things are going well. the season ended and i am moving to offensive line, preferrably center. offseason workouts mon, wed, fri at 645 am. hopefully we get better as a team come spring ball. cant wait to see how much we develop after our first offseason.

Pigskinmuscle
11-01-10, 8:59 am
first offseason workout....

Power Cleans
4x5@70%, 165lbs

HIgh Pull
4x6@70%, 165lbs

Squat
4x6@70%, 355lbs

Military Press
3x6@115lbs

Pull Ups
3x10

Upright Rows
3x10@115lbs

Side Bridges
2x30sec both sides

BamBam
11-01-10, 2:57 pm
Subbed and along for the ride brother!! I'm sorry that things didn't workout the first go around with college, but it's all apart of God's grander plan... only advice I will give as of now, is to move 4.) growing closer to God, to NUMBER ONE... put God first and the rest will come. God Bless man and I am happy to see another ANIMAL not afraid to show his christian colors..

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
11-01-10, 9:21 pm
Subbed and along for the ride brother!! I'm sorry that things didn't workout the first go around with college, but it's all apart of God's grander plan... only advice I will give as of now, is to move 4.) growing closer to God, to NUMBER ONE... put God first and the rest will come. God Bless man and I am happy to see another ANIMAL not afraid to show his christian colors..

IN IRON,
BB-

haha of course God is number one. I just put them in no specific order, but absolutely, God is number one! Thanks for subbing man. I've read through your journey and you're strong as hell.. goal is to get to where you are some day

BamBam
11-02-10, 2:05 pm
haha of course God is number one. I just put them in no specific order, but absolutely, God is number one! Thanks for subbing man. I've read through your journey and you're strong as hell.. goal is to get to where you are some day

Thanks brother. I appreciate it man.. and I will be of any help to you as I can be and feel free to hit me up at any time.

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
11-02-10, 4:03 pm
Thanks brother. I appreciate it man.. and I will be of any help to you as I can be and feel free to hit me up at any time.

IN IRON,
BB-

thanks. always to have good people in your corner

BamBam
11-02-10, 4:11 pm
thanks. always to have good people in your corner

Hell yeah... agreed 100%

livebyiron1028
11-02-10, 4:32 pm
yo man deffntiyl subbed and watching you bro! i miss playing ball so much man but was never the real caliber to play in college, but its good to know someones working hard out there man! keep up the good work bro

Pigskinmuscle
11-03-10, 7:37 pm
yo man deffntiyl subbed and watching you bro! i miss playing ball so much man but was never the real caliber to play in college, but its good to know someones working hard out there man! keep up the good work bro

thanks man. glad to have you in for the ride.

wednesday workout, 1st week of offseason

Hang Cleans
5x5@70%, 185lbs

Bench Press
5x6@75%, 245lbs

BB Lunge
3x6 each leg@135lbs

Shoulder Circuit(10 lat raises, 10 front raises, 10 bent over raises)
2x10@20lb DB's

Plate Raises
3x10@45lbs

Bent Over Rows
3x10@135lbs

sore as shit and have squats, close grip bench, and push presses on friday

Pigskinmuscle
11-05-10, 8:23 am
Friday morning lift

Hill Sprintsx10

Squat
3x6@70%, 355lbs

Push Press
4x5@155lbs

Close Grip
6x185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 235lbs

Lateral Lunges
3x3@95lbs

Pull Ups
2x10

gonna catch up on sleep this weekend since im not a big party animal... sleep, rest, food, and game day are all i need right now....

BamBam
11-05-10, 3:45 pm
Likin' the workouts brother.. glad things are coming along and def need that rest! God Bless man

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
11-05-10, 8:09 pm
Likin' the workouts brother.. glad things are coming along and def need that rest! God Bless man

IN IRON,
BB-

thanks man. goal for the year is to do this with 405

Pigskinmuscle
11-08-10, 8:21 am
5:30 am run because of the bitches who skip the workouts.... he made the 48 kids that didnt miss a lift do the running while the rest watched -__-

monday lift

Power Clean
worked upto 205lbsx3

Squats
3x6@365lbs

Clean Pulls
worked upto 315lbsx6

BTN MIlitary Press
worked upto 135lbsx6

Upright Rows
2x10@115lbs

Pull Ups
2x10

Pigskinmuscle
11-12-10, 8:28 am
Wednesday

not worth mentioning... rough workout... just one of those days where the grind comes to a halt, no matter what you do....

Friday

much better....

Squats
3x6@375lbs

Push Press
4x5@165lbs

Close Grip Bench Press
worked upto 245lbsx6

Cossack Squats
3x3@135lbs

Pull Ups
17 total reps,,,,,,, couldnt get shit

Hammer Curls
2x10@50lb DB's

Pigskinmuscle
11-15-10, 6:39 pm
Monday lift

Squats
315x5, 365x5, 405x3, 455x1

Clean Pulls
worked upto 315x5

DB Rows
100x20

Hammer Curls
2x10@70lbs

Wrist Curls
up and downx4@12.5lbs

Calf Raises
lots

Neck Curls
lots

Pigskinmuscle
11-17-10, 8:17 pm
Starting to split up my workouts to AM and PM...

AM

not worth fucking metioning....

PM

Front Squats
worked upto 315lbsx2

Standing Military Press
2x6@155lbs

Incline DB Press
90'sx9,7 (flat bench earlier)

Seated DB "Hang Cleans"
2x6@ 30lb DBs

external rotation and other shoulder stretches

Pigskinmuscle
11-19-10, 5:07 pm
Friday lift

Squats
405lbsx 5,4,3,2,1 (keep in mind that I squatted 3 times this week, so the weights are gonna be low)

Close Grip Bench Press
4x5@225lbs, 1x5@245lbs (emphasis on speed and power)

BB Row ss Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
3x6@185lbs, 180lbs

Curls ss Tate Press/Rolling DB Extensions
some

Pigskinmuscle
11-22-10, 6:11 pm
Monday Lift

Squat (all squats are done oly, narrow stance, ass deep)
405x3, 455x2, 475x1, 505x1=====> Oly PR, 315x10x2 (I think if i go wider stance and go for 315, I could crust 30 reps)

Incline Bench
just did some with 225

Clean Pull
275x3x3 (worked on explosiveness, conservative with weights because my legs were crushed)

Hammer Curls
2x6@75lb DB's

Wrist Roller

mcbeast
11-29-10, 8:15 am
Puttin in some solid work brotha. Keep it up..

BamBam
11-29-10, 11:25 am
Everything still going good in here pigskin?

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
11-29-10, 7:48 pm
Puttin in some solid work brotha. Keep it up..

thanks man.. still going strong

Everything still going good in here pigskin?

IN IRON,
BB-

of course man.. still griding along

Pigskinmuscle
11-29-10, 7:50 pm
Took last week off to deload and give my body time to rest and recuperate.. back on 5/3/1 football because that program is the shit...

Week 1 of Winter Offseason

Monday

Push Press 5x145lbs, 5x165lbs, 9x190lbs---> PR, could have had a few more, but wrists gave out

Squat
5x250lbs, 5x305lbs, 5x340lbs(done as explosively as possible)

Pull Ups
3xmax, got 11

Barbell Push Ups
3xmax, got 71

Curls
wrist was hurting, went easy on them

Glute Ham Raises
3x10(shit hurts, bad)

Pigskinmuscle
12-01-10, 8:51 pm
I dont even wanna talk about today's training.... I dont think Ive ever had a shittier day of training than all my shitty days combined....... I couldnt even deadlift 315 without straps.... barely got 385x2 on weights I would rep for double digits... couldn't get pull ups going.. couldnt get high pulls at all...... holy shit this was the worst day of training in history of lifting.....

Pigskinmuscle
12-02-10, 7:35 pm
gave blood today. that is all.

BamBam
12-02-10, 8:09 pm
I dont even wanna talk about today's training.... I dont think Ive ever had a shittier day of training than all my shitty days combined....... I couldnt even deadlift 315 without straps.... barely got 385x2 on weights I would rep for double digits... couldn't get pull ups going.. couldnt get high pulls at all...... holy shit this was the worst day of training in history of lifting.....

Man, we all have those days. I have been having a very hard time in my life right now outside the gym, and been doing good in the gym... so I feel ya. So you had one bad day? Ok, make up for it on another good day.. and make that one great! As long as you move forward and keep pushing you will forget this ever happened and u will be happy... I'm in your corner man... keep pushing... finish the fight.

gave blood today. that is all.

That's a good thing man and a great gift to help someone who needs it. God Bless

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
12-03-10, 10:40 am
Man, we all have those days. I have been having a very hard time in my life right now outside the gym, and been doing good in the gym... so I feel ya. So you had one bad day? Ok, make up for it on another good day.. and make that one great! As long as you move forward and keep pushing you will forget this ever happened and u will be happy... I'm in your corner man... keep pushing... finish the fight.

That's a good thing man and a great gift to help someone who needs it. God Bless

IN IRON,
BB-

thanks for the support man. i had a rough day and the bad day of training made it worse but its all good.. got another session later today..

BamBam
12-03-10, 1:10 pm
thanks for the support man. i had a rough day and the bad day of training made it worse but its all good.. got another session later today..

Put the bad session behind you. FOCUS on what is ahead of you, whether it's life or in the gym. I am talking from my own personal experiences that I'm going through. You seem like you are a very christian guy and a vary faithful person and by seeing that, know that your FOCUS decides your FEELINGS. Broken focus can keep you from your harvest God has for you whether it's in the gym or in life. Your faith moves God and I have a very strong feeling that this session today is going to be a great one... but you have to have faith in that too! Anxious to see some serious results..

God Bless... IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
12-04-10, 3:23 pm
Put the bad session behind you. FOCUS on what is ahead of you, whether it's life or in the gym. I am talking from my own personal experiences that I'm going through. You seem like you are a very christian guy and a vary faithful person and by seeing that, know that your FOCUS decides your FEELINGS. Broken focus can keep you from your harvest God has for you whether it's in the gym or in life. Your faith moves God and I have a very strong feeling that this session today is going to be a great one... but you have to have faith in that too! Anxious to see some serious results..

God Bless... IN IRON,
BB-

thanks for being in my corner man. it means a lot to know that someone i dont know personally can give me support. i did have a better session on friday and a better day overall...

Bench
5x185lbs, 5x215lbs, 11x240lbs------> huge pr (got 225x12 last year)

Squat
5x250lbs, 5x295lbs, 5x340lbs

Incline DB Press
3x12@80lb DB's

Dead Hang Pull Ups
6 total reps

had to cut the workout short because of class, but i only skipped curls/triceps so its no big deal.. did work on the main lifts

BamBam
12-04-10, 4:34 pm
thanks for being in my corner man. it means a lot to know that someone i dont know personally can give me support. i did have a better session on friday and a better day overall...

Bench
5x185lbs, 5x215lbs, 11x240lbs------> huge pr (got 225x12 last year)

Squat

Incline DB Press
3x12@80lb DB's

Dead Hang Pull Ups
6 total reps

had to cut the workout short because of class, but i only skipped curls/triceps so its no big deal.. did work on the main lifts

Congrats on the PR bro! I knew it would be a good session! Just keep pushing as I know you will and trust me, you may not know me personally, but we wear the same ANIMAL name and I'm always in your corner, and whoever needs me to be. Awespme work man and hope to see more PR's in the future! God Bless

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
12-06-10, 8:03 pm
Congrats on the PR bro! I knew it would be a good session! Just keep pushing as I know you will and trust me, you may not know me personally, but we wear the same ANIMAL name and I'm always in your corner, and whoever needs me to be. Awespme work man and hope to see more PR's in the future! God Bless

IN IRON,
BB-

Thanks dude for having my back. let me know if you need anything and I'll do what I can.

Monday

Power Clean
5x135lbs, 5x160lbs, 7x185lbs

Oly Squat
5x295lbs, 5x340lbs, 7x385lbs---> Going olympic style squat and its going well I guess...

Bench Press
5x155lbs, 5x185lbs, 5x215lbs (emphasize on explosion)

Dead Hang Pull Ups
9 total reps---->PR (pull ups at 280lbs with bad wrists, its getting there)

Barbell Push Ups
94 total reps

Med Ball Sit Ups
3x20@20lb Ball

good workout, upper body is catching upto lower body in terms of strength and explosiveness

Pigskinmuscle
12-08-10, 9:08 pm
Wednesday Lift

Push Press
5x145lbs, 5x170lbs, 9x190lbs---> PR

Squat

Dead Hang Pull Ups
6x2, done after every set of push presses and squats

Curls ss Tate Press
4x10

Natural GHR
3x5@bw

Pigskinmuscle
12-10-10, 3:18 pm
Friday Workout

Threw today's workout into the can... one of those days where you just do your own thing

Oly Squat
5x315lbs, 3x405lbs, 3x455lbs, 0x495lbs------> Had to dump it..

Bench
3x225lbs, 3x275lbs, 2x295lbs, 14x225lbs----> could've gotten 18 but was too tired

Deadlift (Conventional)
5x315lbs, 3x365lbs, 3x405lbs, 3x425lbs, 1x445lbs, 1x455lbs--->PR in convo... cant seem to get sumo technique down... its good though

Pigskinmuscle
12-13-10, 10:54 pm
Monday Workout

Bench Pres
3x198lbs, 3x225lbs, 9x255lbs---->PR MOTHERFUCKER!!!! (bench, along with cleans, is my weakest lift)

DE Box Squat onto 12inch box
8x2@315lbs

DB Incline Press
3x12, 1x10@ 80lb DB's

Pull Ups
3 sets for 14 total reps

Hammerstrength Iso Rows
5x8@325lbs

KB Holds
3xmax time@ 48kg bells

Pigskinmuscle
12-15-10, 10:06 pm
couldnt get to the gym today so i will go tomorrow and friday... doesnt mean that i took the day off.. just got done with heavy prowler sprints.. i plan on lifting mon/wed/fri and doing some type of heavy conditioning work tues/thurs/sat and using sunday to rest and recover

Pigskinmuscle
12-16-10, 11:25 pm
damn snow made it so that I couldnt get to the gym today.... maryland has a lot of hills and they arent very efficient in cleaning up snow... living on top of huge hills makes snowy travel nearly impossible.. so i hit up some more prowler sprints... gotta do what you can..

Pigskinmuscle
12-17-10, 9:09 pm
Crammed in the basic lifts in today....

Push Presses
3x170lbs, 3x190lbs, 5x215lbs---->PR

Oly Squat
3x315lbs, 3x365lbs, 5x410lbs---->Oly Squat PR, hit 405x8 with a wider stance before.... (heavy conditioning isnt affecting squats as much as i thought it would yet...)

Clean Pulls
worked upto 3x275lbs with a thicker bar

Close Grip Bench Press
3x8@225lbs, 1x6@225lbs

Pull Ups
10 total reps

Seated Rows
a couple sets to finish off lats

Pigskinmuscle
12-18-10, 4:57 pm
HIt more conditioning today... jump ropes supersetted with prowler sprints

Pigskinmuscle
12-20-10, 9:32 pm
Monday Lift

Hit the sushi buffet with a few friend... ate a shit load....

Deadlift(convo)
5x320lbs, 3x365lbs, 4x410lbs---->Convo DL PR (levers blow... short arms, short legs, massive back pump)

Standing Shoulder Press
5x135lbs, 5x145lbs, 5x165lbs

DB Reverse Lunges
3x6@30lb DBs

Pull Ups
15 total reps

Barbell Push Ups
85 total reps (really works the lats... exact motor pattern as bench press)

Hanging Leg Raises
3x20@bw (need more lower ab strength.... keep getting back pumps when my anterior core, aka abs, get weaker)

Jon_Blaze
12-21-10, 12:32 am
Monday Lift

Hit the sushi buffet with a few friend... ate a shit load....

Deadlift(convo)
5x320lbs, 3x365lbs, 4x410lbs---->Convo DL PR (levers blow... short arms, short legs, massive back pump)

Standing Shoulder Press
5x135lbs, 5x145lbs, 5x165lbs

DB Reverse Lunges
3x6@30lb DBs

Pull Ups
15 total reps

Barbell Push Ups
85 total reps (really works the lats... exact motor pattern as bench press)

Hanging Leg Raises
3x20@bw (need more lower ab strength.... keep getting back pumps when my anterior core, aka abs, get weaker)

Love sushi buffets! And great work man.

Pigskinmuscle
12-22-10, 9:21 pm
Love sushi buffets! And great work man.

Thanks dude. Sushi buffets are the best! No doubt about it

Pigskinmuscle
12-22-10, 9:27 pm
Wednesday Lift

Bench Press
5x215lbs, 3x245lbs, 4x275lbs----->(no PR, chest/triceps/lats were still sore from monday... kept perfect form and great negative though)

Squat
5x295lbs, 5x315lbs, 5x340lbs

Incline DB Press
Completely wiped out after bench... 100x8, 90x6, left shoulder giving me problems.. real tight, so doing shoulder dislocations to help alleviate it.....

HS Iso Rows
worked upto 185lbs/sidex8

Seated Rows
200x10x2

Rope Tricep Pushdown
3x10@150lbs(spread the rope apart at the bottom)

Seated DB Clean and Press
25x10,8

Band Pull Apart
30 total reps

will do shoulder disloactions for shoulder mobility/rehab... M Stak is doing wonders in helping me maintain lower body strength, despite the heavy conditioning 3x week pushing the prowler and other drills.. current goal is to improve pull up/back strength and maintaining leg strength while cutting some unwanted weight... i am willing to sacrifice strength in order to be in better/cleaner shape... current weight is 280lbs but leaning out...

Pigskinmuscle
12-24-10, 5:23 pm
Friday Lift

Power Clean
5x155lbs, 3x185lbs, 4x205lbs--->no PR, felt a slight pop behind my knee, but didnt affect workout

Oly Squat (used a belt for the first time since July)
5x340lbs, 3x385lbs, 4x430lbs---->Oly PR (felt strong as shit with the belt)

DE Bench
6x3@185lbs (supersetted 3 sets of pull ups and 3 sets of hanging leg raises)

Pull Ups
9 total reps---> lats got serious pounding last two workouts

Hanging Leg Raises
3x20

Barbell Push Ups (works lats exactly like bench press)
89 total reps

Pigskinmuscle
12-28-10, 9:28 pm
Put in work today... did two workouts today because im gonna be busy this week...

Monday/Wednesday workout

Push Press
5x155lbs, 5x175lbs, 8x200lbs----> PR (using a false grip got rid of the triceps and wrist pain)

Oly Squat
5x315lbs, 5x365lbs, 7x405lbs--->PR, 5x405lbs

Pull Ups
6x2 dead hang

RDL/Snatch Grip Deadlift
popped my LCL last week doing power cleans.... went easy with deadlifts and just did a few light sets to gauge my knee.. feels fine but a bit tight... another week off heavy deads will suffice

Incline Bench Press
switched incline bench for flat bench for my training cycle
5x135lbs, 5x185lbs, 10, 8, 5x205lbs(just wanted to get a bit of pressing in)

Seated Low Rows
3x8@210lbs
DB Seated Clean and Press
3x6@30lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
12-29-10, 1:19 pm
hit a conditioning circuit this morning/afternoon...

jump rope
prowler sprint
mountain climbers

Pigskinmuscle
12-31-10, 5:11 pm
Threw today's workout into the can...

Friday Lift (going on 2 hours of sleep)

Safety Squat Bar Oly Squat
5x335lbs, 3x385lbs, 3x405lbs(PR), 3x3@335lbs-----> Felt strong and stable.... bar wasnt moving around like it used to, due to stronger core

Hook Grip Deadlift
Decided to fuck around with the hook grip with a bar thicker than 28mm... thumbs are torn up
5x225lbs, 3x315lbs, 3x335lbs, 1x355lbs, 1x365lbs

Bench Press
14x225lbs, 5x225lbs

CGBP
10x185lbs

Seated Cable Rows
2x8@200lbs, 6x220lbs

felt real strong despite the lack of sleep and working since 9am

Pigskinmuscle
01-03-11, 9:51 pm
Monday Lift

Oly Squat
5x315lbs, 5x365lbs, 6x410lbs--->PR, 4x410lbs

DE Bench Press
6x3@185lbs

Pull Ups
11 total reps

Hanging Leg Raises
2x20

DB Row
3x10@100lb DB

Seated Low Row
worked upto 230x8

Seated Low Row Face Pull
5x8@50, 70lbs

KB Curls
3x8@28kg KB

BamBam
01-05-11, 10:42 am
Hey bro... lookin' good in here as always. How r things in your neck of the woods?

IN IRON,
BB-

Pigskinmuscle
01-05-11, 12:47 pm
Hey bro... lookin' good in here as always. How r things in your neck of the woods?

IN IRON,
BB-

Things are going well here. Having a nice, quiet winer break. How are you doing?

Pigskinmuscle
01-05-11, 9:22 pm
Wednesday Lift

The new years flocks are in full effect.. ugh...

Push Press
3x165lbs, 3x185lbs, 6x210lbs---->PR

Power Cleans (hook grip)
5x145lbs, 5x165lbs, 6x185lbs---->hook grip is hard as shit to do cleans with... gotta get more comfortable using it

Clean Pulls (hook grip)
fucked around with it some more to get accustomed to the pain

BB Push Ups
100 total reps

BB Curls
light weight.. havent done these in forever because my left wrist is fucked up

Hex DB Holds
2xmax@25lb DBS

90Lb Plate Pinch
1xmax

I cant stand this fake ass "powerlifter" in my gym.... hes a fucking bitch that does more talking in 3 hours than he does lifting.. he does a set of some lift and talks for 15 minutes.. the only shirts he wears are EFS shirts and you couldnt even tell if this guy actually lifts... today's bullshit lift, a fucking 315lb 5 board press... -__- what the fuck? you would think someone who has so much fucking "knowledge" would be able to push better numbers than that.. what the fuck? He barely got 2 fucking reps!!!! He fucking pisses me the fuck off.. Goddamn this motherfucker gets me worked up! Ok.. end of rant.

Pigskinmuscle
01-07-11, 9:47 pm
Shitty ass day of training....

Friday Lift
Deadlift (hook grip until final set)
3x315lbs, 3x365lbs, 2x405lbs---->couldnt get shit, normally can get this 6 times conventional stance

Floor Press (first time)
3x225lbs, 3x255lbs, 3x265lbs--->PR

Meadows Rows (take a T Bar Row and stand perpendicular to the barbell and grip the fat part of the bar and row, kills the grip)
4x6@2 plates

CGBP
3x8@185lbs

Seated DB Clean and Press
3x8@25lb DBs

horrible day of training, minus the floor press

Pigskinmuscle
01-10-11, 10:18 pm
I decided to switch up my program to allow more variety in my choice of movements so I am now running Defranco's Westside For Skinny Bastards III with my own little twist added to it. Instead of training basic jumping for my DE lower body workout, I will incorporate speed squat/pulls.

Monday ME Upper Body

1) Floor Press
worked upto 3x270lbs--->PR (really like floor presses, it teaches acceleration because for me, since my arms are so short, I can rest the barbell on the safety pins, thus taking away any stretch reflex, which forces my muscles to move the weight without the aid of momentum)

2) DB Bench Press
2xmax@80lb DBs, 15, 13 reps

3a) Pendlay Style T Bar Rows (rest the weight on the bottom to kill momentum after each rep)
3x8@125lbs

3b) Face Pulls
3x8@100lbs

4) Barbell Shrugs
3x12@225lbs

5) KB Curls (using triceps extension rope handle)
3x12@24kg KB

First workout felt great and took just over an hour to complete... once I hit 550/365/500 squat/bench/deadlift, Im gonna start going with 1rm on my main lifts for my ME days and cycle in new exercises every week whereas now im hitting a 3-5rm and rotating exercises every 2-3 weeks.

Pigskinmuscle
01-12-11, 9:38 pm
Tuesday Lift

Couldnt go to the gym because of the snow yesterday so.....

1)DE SSB Squat
6x3@255lbs

2)Bulgarian Split Squat
4x5@35lb DBs (this will rip up your quads and ass like nothing else)

3)Kettlebell Swings
3x8@48kg KB

4)Hanging Leg Raises
4x15

Pigskinmuscle
01-13-11, 10:27 pm
Thursday Lift

RE Upper Body

1) Incline DB Bench
3xmax@ 85lb DBs 15, 11, 8

2a) Lat Pulldown
2x8@200lbs (supposed to be 3 sets, but shoulder felt like shit)

2b) Seated DB Power Cleans
2x8@25lb DBs (supposed to be 3 sets, but shoulder felt like shit)

3) Lateral Raises
3x10@25lb DBs

4a) Seated Rows
3x10@220lbs

4b) Triceps Pushdown (this machine is waaay way harder than other machines)
3x10@80, 90, 100lbs

5) Reverse Curls
lots

Pigskinmuscle
01-16-11, 5:10 pm
Friday Lift

ME Lower Body

Safety Squat Bar Olympic Squat
worked upto 425lbx3--->PR

Reverse DB Lunges
3x8@30lb DBs

KB Swings
3x10@48kg KB

Barbell Rollout
2x5@95lbs

Barbell Complex (deadlift, power clean, military press, squat)
2x6@95lbs, 2x8@95lbs

Pigskinmuscle
01-18-11, 9:13 pm
Monday ME Upper Body

Floor Press
285lbsx3---->PR

DB Incline Press
2xmax@75lb DBs, 21, 17

Pendlay Rows ss Face Pulls
3x8@185lbs/3x8@70lbs

Tuesday DE Lower Body

DE Oly Squat
6x3@275lbs

Bulgarian Split Squats
3x8@30lb DBs

Didnt get to do GHR or abs because we ran out of time, but its all good.

Pigskinmuscle
01-20-11, 6:56 pm
Thursday DE/RE Upper Body

DE Bench
6x3@185lbs

DB Bench Press
3xmax@80lb DBs---> 17,16,14

Seated DB Power Clean and Press ss Triceps Rope Lat Pulldowns
3x8@30lb DBs/3x8@140lbs

felt great, skipped the other accessory lifts because they werent necessary

Pigskinmuscle
01-21-11, 5:46 pm
Friday ME Lower Body

Squat
455lbsx3

RDL
3x8@225lbs

Reverse Lunges
3x8@45lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
01-24-11, 8:23 pm
Monday ME Upper Body

Floor Press
2x290lbs--->PR (could have gotten 3 but my dumbass training partner forgot the 10lb plate on the right side..._

DB Incline Bench Press
2xmax@80lbs----> 21,16

Pendlay Rows ss Face Pulls
3x8@195lbs/3x8@70lbs

DB Shurgs
3x8@100lb DBs

Curls
3x8@95lbs

Pigskinmuscle
01-25-11, 7:59 pm
Tuesday Lift

ok.. so we fucked off the DE Lower Body and just did our thing.... we were in the zone

Oly Squat
3x465lbs--->R

Conventional Deadlift
475lbs single---->PR

GHR
3x8

Pigskinmuscle
01-27-11, 7:47 pm

DE Bench
6x3@185lbs

DB Bench Press
3xmax@85lb DBs, 20,20,19

Pull Ups ss Seated DB Clean and Press
4,4,3/3x8@35lb DBs

Lateral Raises
3x8@25lb DBs

Rollin DB Triceps Extensions ss BB Curls
3x8@60lb DBs/3x8@100lbs

Pigskinmuscle
01-31-11, 8:48 pm
ME Upper Body

A) Pin Press Off Chest
3x265lbs---->PR (1st time, brutal on the triceps)

B) Bench Press (index finger on smooth part of bar)
2xmax@185lbs 21,15

C1) Pendlay Rows
3x8@205lbs

C2) Face Pulls
3x8@70lbs

D) Pull Ups
3xmax@ 4,3,3

E) Curls
3x8@105lbs

F) Barbell Complexes
4x6(RDL, Bent Over Rows, Hang Clean, Military Press, Squat)@ 115lbs

Pigskinmuscle
02-01-11, 9:05 pm
ME Lower Body

A) Deadlift (convo)
2x425lbs---> Tried sumo, but that shit doesnt agree with me anymore.. was too tired

B) Reverse DB Lunges
3x8@40lb DBs

C) RDL
3x8@225lbs

D) Hanging Leg Raises
3x20@bw

E) Clean and Press
3x8@135lbs

Pigskinmuscle
02-04-11, 10:42 am
Thursdsay DE/RE Upper Body

A) DE Bench
8x3@185lbs

B) DB Bench
3xmax@90lb DBs, 20, 20, 15

C1) Pull Ups
3xmax@ 5,4,3

C2) Rear Flyes
3x8@30lb DBs

D) Seated DB Press
3x8@55lb DBs

E1) Rolling DB Tricep Extensions
3x8@65lb DBs

E2) Curls
3x8@110lbs

Pigskinmuscle
02-07-11, 9:09 pm
Monday ME Upper Body

A) Pin Press 3x275lbs----> PR, 1x285lbs--->PR, 0x295lbs

B) CGBP
3x12@225lbs

C) Pendlay Rows
3x8@225lbs

D) Snatch Grip High Pulls
3x5@185lbs

E) Curls
3x8@115lbs

got after it.. gonna kill it tomorrow with deadlifts...

Pigskinmuscle
02-08-11, 8:38 pm
ME Lower Body

A) Deadlift (over left arm, under right arm, switches eerything up)
2x455lbs--->PR

B) Oly Squats
3x12@315lbs----> Lower back was killing me

C) Hanging Leg Raises
3x20

we were dead after the squats.. good workout, tired as shit

Pigskinmuscle
02-10-11, 8:19 pm
DE/RE Upper Body

A) DE Bench
8x3@185lbs

B) DB Bench
3xmax@95lb DBs 20,18,14

C1) Pull Ups
3xmax@5,4,3

C2) Rear Flyes
3x12@20lb DBs (arms kept straight at all times)

D) Seated DB Press
3x12@65lb DBs

E1) DB Rolling Triceps Extensions
3x8@70lb DBs

E2) Curls
3x8@120lbs

got after it today..... sore and tired as fuck... gotta get after it again tomorrow

Pigskinmuscle
02-11-11, 9:25 pm
Friday DE Lower Body

A) Power Clean (full triple extension) 235lbsx1, 245lbsx0----> havent done "heavy" cleans in a while.. felt pretty good

B) Bulgarian Split Squats
3x8@50lb DBs (would rather do 20 rep squats than this bitch)

C) RDL
3x8@245lbs

D) Seated Calf Raises
lots

Pigskinmuscle
02-14-11, 8:52 pm
ME Upper Body

A) Pin Press
1x295lbs----> PR, 0x305lbs

B) CGBP
3xmax@225lbs, 13,10,9

C) Pendlay Rows
3x10@235lbs

D) Snatch Grip High Pulls
3x5@195lbs

E) Curls
3x8@135lbs

Pigskinmuscle
02-15-11, 9:08 pm
ME Lower Body

A) Deadlift 475lbsx1

B) Oly Squats
3x12,10,8@315lbs

C) Cossack Squats
3x6@45lb DB

D) Weighted Sit Ups
2x12@45lbs

E) Neck Work
3x12@45lbs

Pigskinmuscle
02-17-11, 8:02 pm
DE/RE Upper Body

A) DE Bench
8x3@205lbs

B) DB Bench
@110lb DBs 11,10,10

C1) Pull Ups
3xmax@5,4,4

C2) Rear Flyes
3x12@25lb DBs

D) DB Triceps Rolling Extensions
2x8@80lb DBs, 1x5@80lb DBs

didnt do shoulder presses and curls... body wasnt agreeing with me, but still got after it.... tore a chunk of skin from my right pinky base, so i will see what tomorrow's workouts gonna be like

Pigskinmuscle
02-20-11, 11:01 pm
DE Lower Body

Wasnt feeling it at all... trained with 4 hours of sleep... everything was fine except for the clean.... too technical to be performed with limited sleep....

A) 0x225lbs---->LOL

B) Split Squats
3x8@55lb DBs

C) RDL
3x8@275lbs---->Lower back was pumped as fuck... used straps because of my hand... the callus completely ripped off.....

D) Seated Calf Raises
3x20@90lbs------> Slow, controlled movement with lockout and squeeze at the top

hand is messed up.,,,bloody and painful... got heavy close grip bench tomorrow and pin good mornings on tuesday.... lets goo!!

Pigskinmuscle
02-21-11, 9:32 pm
ME Upper Body

Tired as fuck and my hand hurts like fuck

A) CGBP
1x305lbs---->PR

B) Bench Press
3xmax@225lbs 11,9,8

C) Pendlay Rows
3x8@205lbs

D) Cable Curls
3x8@70lbs

Pigskinmuscle
02-22-11, 8:10 pm
ME Lower Body

A) Bent Knee Good Mornings
3x295lbs---> PR, 1x305lbs--->PR (first time doing this)

B) Reverse Lunges
3x8@45lb DBs

C) Cossack Squats
3x8@50lb DB

Pigskinmuscle
02-24-11, 9:37 pm
DE/RE Upper Body

Got after it today!

warmup (dont know why we didnt start this from the beginning -__-)

Chest Slap Push Ups
2x5

Partner Medball Chest Pass
2x5@15lb ball

A) DE Bench
8x3@205lbs---> Definitely felt a huge increase in speed w/ proper warmup

B) 1 arm DB Bench (done with only 1db)
3x10@90lb DB

C1) Pull Ups
3xmax@6, 4.5, 3.5

C2) Rear Flyes
3x12@25lb DBS

D) Seated DB Press
3x10@70lb DBs

E1) Straight Bar Triceps Pushdown
3x10@100lbs

E2) Cable Curls
2x8@80lbs----> Wrist really bothered me today...

Pigskinmuscle
02-25-11, 10:46 pm
DE Lower Body

Goddamn it..... i hate power cleans

A) 1x205lbs, 0x225lbs

B) RDL
3x8@285lbs---->PR

C) Split Squat
3x8@60lb DBs

D) Reverse Curls
3x15@70lbs

E) Seated Calf Raises
3x20@135lbs

F) Leg Press Calf Raises
3x20@3pps

Pigskinmuscle
02-28-11, 9:07 pm
ME Upper Body

Got after it again tonight... fucked shit up

Warm Up
Partner Med Ball Chest Pass
2x8@15lb Ball

Vertical Chest Pass
1x6@15lb Ball (done laying on the ground, partner drops ball and you press as fast as possible)

A) CGBP
1x305lbs, 1x315lbs----> P FUCKING R, 0x320lbs----> need to learn when to quit while ahead

B) Bench Press
3xmax@225lbs 12, 10, 9---> Burnt out from CGBP

C1) Pull Ups
3xmax 6,4,3---> Shoulder hurting from doing these.. gonna pull these out for a while

C2) Wide Grip Low Rows
3x10@170lbs

Pigskinmuscle
03-01-11, 10:03 pm
ME Lower Body

Wasn't the greatest training session, but still hit PR so its all good.

A) Good Mornings
3x295lbs, 2x305lbs-----> PR

B) Reverse Lunges
3x8@50lb DBs

C) Cossack Squats
3x6@55lb DB

D) Leg Press Calf Raises
4x20@4 PPS

E) Seated Calf Raises
3x15@155lbs

Pigskinmuscle
03-04-11, 9:03 pm
Smashed my laptop so I couldnt get online the last couple days..

Warmups using med ball

A) Moderate Tempo Bench Press
5x5@225lbs----> Slow negative, explosive press

B) 1 Arm DB Bench
3x10@95lb DB

C1) BB Rows (normal rows, the Pendlay Rows helped out A TON)
3x10@225lbs

C2) Rear Flyes
3x12@25lb DBs

D) Clean and Press
3x10@135lbs

E1) Triceps Pushdown
3x10@100lbs

E2) Cable Curls
3x10@80lbs

F) Manuel Neck
3x15 each direction

Friday DE Lower Body

A) Snatch Grip High Pulls
2x225lbs

B) Oly Squats
3x12@315lbs

C) RDL
3x8@295lbs

D) Leg Press Calf Raises
3x20@5pps

Pigskinmuscle
03-07-11, 8:27 pm
Okay day.... pretty interesting

ME Upper Body

Warmup: Chest Clap Pushups 2x6

A) CGBP
1x315lbs-----> Barely got it... interesting cuz I smashed it last week...

B) Bench Press
3xmax@225lbs---> 13,10,9

C1) Underhand BB Rows
3x10@225lbs

C2) Face Pulls
3x10@80lbs

D) Tate Presses off Floor (feels better on shoulders)\
3x10@55lb DBS

E) Manual Neck
3x15 each direction

Pigskinmuscle
03-08-11, 8:41 pm
Added a new member to my lifting group....

ME Lower Body

A) Good Mornings
3x315lbs-----> HUGE PR

B) Snatch Grip Deadlifts
3x5@315lbs

C) Reverse Lunges
3x8@55lb DBs

D) Cossack Squats
3x6@60lb DB

E) L Raises
3x10@bw

Pigskinmuscle
03-11-11, 1:40 pm
DE/RE Upper Body (was tired as fuck)

A) DE Bench
8x3@205lbs

B) 1 Arm DB Bench
2x10@100lb DB

C) 1 Arm DB Row
3x20@100lb DB

D) DB Rolling Triceps Extension
3x6@80lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
03-19-11, 5:15 pm
Spring ball starts on monday..... fucking gay ass morning practices are gay as hell.... on spring break so far so no lifting, just running/conditioning w/ prowler and stones... hopefully spring ball doesnt blow as much as the coaches say it will -__-

Pigskinmuscle
03-21-11, 9:39 am
1st day of spring practice..... 645am practice... it sucked.

Pigskinmuscle
03-22-11, 9:48 pm
ME Upper Body

A) 2 Board Press
1x335lbs--->PR

B) BB Rows
3x8@245lbs

C) 1 Arm DB Rows
1x20@120lb DB

D) Lateral Raises (real strict)
3x12@25lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
03-23-11, 9:33 am
Spring Practice II

Worst/hardest day of training of my fucking life....

A) Circuit of Burpees, Mountain Climbers, Push Ups, BW Squats, and Wrestling Spins for 45 seconds each.... topped off with a 100yd sprint for 4 rounds

B) Various Circuit of sledgehammer slams, tug of war, farmers walks, 1 legged bear crawls, and agility drills

C) 3 Circuit of mountain climbers, burpees, and 400yd sprints...

swear to God I thought i was gonna die.... all at 645 in the morning while its raining in shorts and t shirts

Pigskinmuscle
03-25-11, 10:31 am
Spring Practice III

Same as wednesday with the exception of an extra circuit of mountain climbers, burpees, and sprints.... it was 30 degrees this morning and we were doing this shit in shirts and shorts.. -__- shits no fucking joke

Pigskinmuscle
03-28-11, 8:17 pm
Practice IV

Tons of Running/Agility circuits... did group tire drags for 400 yds... thought my quads were gonna explode....

ME Upper Body

A) 2 Board Press
0x345lbs--> CNS feels smashed

B) DB Press
10,9.5,8.5@110lb DBs

C) 1 Arm DB Rows
2x15, 1x13@130lb DB

D) Seated DB Clean and Press
3x8@20lb DBs

E) Side Lateral Raises
3x12@25lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
03-31-11, 1:56 am
Spring Practice V

CNS Meltdown mode......

30 200yd Sprints

Pigskinmuscle
04-03-11, 12:11 am
Spring Practice VI on Friday

actually started football stuff....

did a little workout with a stone in my backyard as well

Pigskinmuscle
04-04-11, 8:26 pm
Spring Practice VII---- Did more football stuff today..... Ran more 200yd sprints

ME Upper
A) 2 Board Press
1x335lbs----> Feeling pretty weak... oh well

B) DB Press
3x10@110lb DBs

C) DB Rows
1x20, 2x15@130lb DB

D) Lateral Raises
3x12@30lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
04-06-11, 10:36 pm
Spring Practice VIII

Actually did a ton of football stuff.....

ME Lower

A) Olympic Squats
1x475lbs

B) RDL
3x8@275lbs

C) Leg Press Calf Raises
lots

Pigskinmuscle
04-08-11, 11:17 pm
Did a random workout yesterday for pumps and giggles

A) Clean and Press
3x8@135lbs

B) Yates Rows
3x8@255lbs

C) JM Press (first time)
worked upto 8 reps @ 185lbs with ease

D) BB Curls
3x10@115lbs---> Real Strict (favorite biceps movement of all time)

Pigskinmuscle
04-11-11, 8:29 pm
Spring Practice IX

The worst back/calf pumps ive ever had im my life.....

ME Upper

A) Pin Press (Dead bench)
0x295lbs----> Almost got it, struggled for a good 5 seconds

B) DB Press
8,6,6 @115lb DBs

C) Pull Ups
7,6,6----> PR, felt beast

D) 1 Arm DB Row
1x15@140lb DB---> Back/biceps shot

E) Lateral Raises
3x10@35lb DBs

F) JM Press
3x8@185lbs---> Brutal

Pigskinmuscle
04-18-11, 8:56 pm
Worst. Workout. Of. My. Life.

only highlight would be the pull ups... 8,7,6,5..... tested maxes on saturday... missed 305 on bench, missed 495 on squat, and got 225 on power clean..... shitty performance and shitty week of practice and shitty month of spring ball... cant wait for this shit to end.... adrenal burnout at full throtle

Pigskinmuscle
04-25-11, 7:51 pm
Finished spring ball last friday.... best practice of camp.....

RE Upper

A) BB Pushup with DB
2x15, 1x20@90lb DB

B) Pull Ups

C) DB Rows
1x20@140lb DB

D) Rear Flyes
3x12@20lb DBs

E1) DB Preacher Curl (wrists cant handle BB curls)
3x10@30lb DB

E2) CGBP
3x10@225lbs

Great workout.... prep for finals week starts tonight -__- good bye sleep

Pigskinmuscle
04-26-11, 7:50 pm
Lower Body

A) Deadlift
1x455lbs

B) Snatch High Pulls
3x5@185lbs

C) Rotational Core Work

D) Med Ball Slam
2x6@25lb Med Ball

Pigskinmuscle
04-28-11, 8:16 pm
Upper

A) DE Bench
8x3@185lbs

B) Pendlay Rows (Squeeze at the top)
3x10@225lbs

C) Push Ups
2x40@bw

D) Inverted Rows
3x12@bw

E) DB Curls
3x8@45lb DBs

Pigskinmuscle
05-02-11, 7:55 pm
A) Barbell Push Ups
3x15@110lb DB

B) Pull Ups

C) BB Bench
7,7,5@245lbs

D) Horizontal Rows
3x10@200lbs

E) 1 Arm Lateral Raises
3x8@50lb DB

Pigskinmuscle
05-03-11, 8:14 pm
A) Overhead Squat
2x5@barbell

B) Snatch
worked upto 135lbsx3 (4th time doing them)

C) Deadlifts
2x455lbs, 20x315lbs

D) DB Preacher Curls
3x10@35lb DB

E) Med Ball Slams
3x10@25lb Ball

two finals tomorrow and im done with freshman year of college