PDA

View Full Version : Dedication last more than a week.

Abelli
06-16-10, 5:36 pm
Ill try and keep this short and simple

17 years old, 18 on september 5th, 6'0 200lbs and ready to put some size on.

Im going into my Senior year in HighSchool, so my last try on achieving a scholarship for basketball, so its all or nothing. This will be my first clean bulk. I want to add on a pretty good amount of weight before its deep in season. I live in Texas so if your on a sports team, you basically have another practice during the day instead of gym. So the " season " is from the 1st day of school, till when we get cut or win in the playoffs in winter.

Im going to bulk up until i feel i am happy, and then cut, just like every other brother on these FORVM'S. I will post up my basic diet and track my workout logs daily. I will start next wednesday, the 23rd of june, because thats when i finally get back home with my Ma in texas.
All comments, criticism, and tweaks that you see i should make is definitely welcome and taken as wisdom since im a young gun in this game. Thanks for the support, and lets do this because there aint no tomorrow brother.

C.Coronato
06-17-10, 9:59 am
Welcome my man. I can only imagine the competitiveness in TX with sports. Lets see how the diet is looking.

Abelli
06-17-10, 10:58 am
To start, im going to have a base of 3200 cals a day. 50% protein 35-40% carbs, and 10-15% fat. 6 meals a day, 60g protein, 40-50g carbs, 15-20g fat with every meal. Chicken, fish, lean beef ( at least 85-15 ), and eggs are my main proteins. With carbs, my body does really well with oats, sweet potatoes and brown rice so thats mainly it. Maybe some kidney beans or whole wheat pasta once in a while but thats about it. Not a big bread guy so. Fat sources i will get mostly from the foods i eat like the beef, eggs and fish. But i do take an omega, deff would take animal omega, just short on cash right now, But other fats are from mac nut oil, and nuts. Thats my basic diet, ill adjust the cal's if i dont gain any weight within 2 weeks and ill bumb it up to 18 per body weight. If the weight still isnt sticking 2 weeks later ill bump it up again, just keep adding until it sticks.

Training is 5 days on, 2 off.

Sun: Legs
Mon: Chest
Tues: Back
Wed: off
Thurs: shoulders
Fri: Arms
Sat: off

if you guys think i should change any thing up just let me know. But this is my basic right now, ill change it up every once in a while to just keep my body guessing.

But yes will be living right by houston, ( cypress ), so it is hot as hell down here and when im playing basketball to get ready for senior year season im soaked from head to toe.( SO SYCED!! ) So my cardio is gona be pretty high and water intake is through the roof. Which is why im only waiting 2 weeks to see if the weight sticks instead of 4.

As far as supps go. Im taking pak and flex ( i had some minor knee pain so hoping this helps out a good deal ), an omega 3-6-9 , creatine, glutamine and whey. So i have the basics down. Once i start workin ill try and get my hands on some torrent.

But thats basicly it, im syced and ready to go. Cant wait to start this journey and see how far my body can be pushed. All the advice you guys can give me is much appreciated and will be a major help to me along this journey. Lets see who has what it takes because no one is stealing my dream out from under me.

Abelli
06-17-10, 12:20 pm
Welcome my man. I can only imagine the competitiveness in TX with sports. Lets see how the diet is looking.

TreeTrunkLegs its an honor to have you here man. Thanks for the support bro.

Abelli
06-17-10, 12:21 pm
sorry, forgot to also add shocktherapy to the supp listing.

rev8ball
06-17-10, 12:23 pm
Your journey's title is so true, bro..... more like a lifetime.

Best of luck....

Abelli
06-17-10, 12:39 pm
Your journey's title is so true, bro..... more like a lifetime.

Best of luck....

rev8ball, Yea it is. Constant grind my man. Thanks for the support, much appreciated.

Abelli
06-21-10, 7:51 am
Will be flying back to texas today, after 10 months away from home, ill be glad to be back. South jersey was straight, but toms river is where its at. But will be home around 9:30 tonight, gym membership on wednesday, so its about to begin.

Abelli
06-28-10, 3:16 pm
Had a good but minor set back in my journey. My 2 best friends flew up to texas to surprise me and 1 of them has a strained abdomen from football. So needles to say he cant lift, so no weights till the 3rd or the 4th depending on when their flight leaves. Its a set back but gotta love it.

Abelli
07-04-10, 1:28 pm
1ST day of my 16 week journey. Chest day on Sunday as usual for me.

warm up 2 sets 12 reps /w 55: flat dumbbell fly

Flat bb bench- 4 sets- 8 reps /w 155
Incline bb bench- 4 sets- 7 reps /w 135
Hammer strength incline press- 3 sets-8 reps /w 130
flat db bench- 4 sets- 8 reps /w 55
cable cross over- 3 sets-12-15 reps with some lifestyle machine using 27

worked abs afterwards but good start i think. My overall goal with my chest is to add a little width but mostly add some thinkness in my upper pec's. Took torrent and flex afterwards.

Abelli
07-04-10, 2:38 pm
My workout day's will change compared to what i wrote previously. Sunday- chest. Monday- Back, Tuesday - Legs, Wed- off Thurs- shoulders, Fri- Arms, Sat- off. Then repeat.

Abelli
07-05-10, 10:22 am
total calorie intake was 3567, protein was 369, and carbs were 292.

Abelli
07-05-10, 10:23 am
Today is back day, favorite day, ready to go to the gym in a little, let you know how it went once i get back and eat.

Abelli
07-05-10, 1:15 pm
warm up- 2-15 wide lat pulls

6sets-10 reps of med and close grip lat pulls
4sets-10 reps machine row
4sets- 10 reps of hammer strength pull downs
4 sets- 10 reps incline one arm rows /w 55 ( thanks bondons )

couldnt do deads because dont have a weight belt yet, but next week is a deff.

then did 2-15 /w 35 back extensions and then did behind the back wrist curls for a little forearms . Got a really good pump from s.t so it was a good workout. Torrent afterwards.

Abelli
07-06-10, 7:22 am
legs today, going to the gym soon, let you know hot it went once i get back.

Abelli
07-06-10, 9:58 am
leg wokrkout.
extensions- 2 warm up 4 working. warm up: 2s-15r, working sets: 4s-12r hold for 4 seconds on 10-12 for a little more contraction.

Hack squats- 4s- 8r, 9r, 8r, 10r /w 3 45's each side
Leg press - 4s-10r /w 5 45's on each side.
Leg curl- 4s-12r with 150

was going to do lying leg curl but my knee kept popping which of course is not good so didnt do that one.

Calf raises: 6s - 12-15r.

Got good pain today which was good, havent felt that in a while.

Couldnt do squats because no weightbelt but will have one next time so lookin forward to it. Goal with my legs is to just get some good growth, they're 25 1/2 inches now so i just want some size overall. Torrent after wards.

It was my 1st time doing legs in at least 5 months, so they are weak for now.
I walked into the gym at 7:05 and everyone else was triple my age which i thought was damn hilarious. They were staring at me once i started going since i was sweating my balls off but i was thinking its a gym what the fuck do you expect? But i thought that was pretty damn funny.

Abelli
07-06-10, 10:04 pm
Total calories-3587
Protein-387
carbs-301

Tomorrow is 1st off day of the week so, just gotta eat. Relax, take it in, then go tear the damn wall down.

Abelli
07-07-10, 10:03 pm
Total cals-3545
Protein-376
Carbs-279

Good off day, needed the time to rest and recover, feels good to be back into a real gym again. Shoulders early tomorrow!

Abelli
07-07-10, 10:32 pm
I feel the need to say and ask something to myself and to every brother on these FORVM's. When you look yourself in the mirror every damn morning what in gods name do you see??? Do you see the man or woman that cant stand the sight of what you've become, or do you see a person that is going to persevere through all of life's bullshit and use the knowledge that you have gained to better your self and others around you. Another thought goes through your head once those first 3 seconds go by: Why in the hell do i do this. Hypothetically if there wernt any stages, no shows, no contests, would you still train and work your ass off as hard as you do right now?? We need to train for ourselves, if your not, no offense but your not going any where or bettering anything. When you truely love what your doing, no matter what the circumstances you enjoy it. The pain and soreness that comes from the workout where you just pucked up your last 2 meals, you live for that shit. Its what defines us and what we do. Now, dont get me wrong loving bodybuilding and all that comes with it is great, the shows the prep, all of it. But when it comes down to weather or not you actually love what your doing, thats where you find out why you will be able to work past others expectations and all of the world's bullshit. A vast majority of people would look at us and think What The Fuck is wrong with you?? They dont and never will understand the love we all have for the iron. Thats what makes these FORVM'S so special, a group of brothers who all share a common bond. Thank you.

Abelli
07-08-10, 9:59 am
Shoulders- started off with 5 min on bike for warmup
Machine side laterals- 4s-12r with 10
Front raises- did 3 sets tried for 4 but my left shoulder kept grinding and popping. 3s-12r /w 20
Dumbbell shoulder press, idk i just couldnt lift heavy on this one at all- 4s-10r /w 40's
Hammer strength iso press- 4s-10r /w 110, last set drop set to 90 for 6
Hammer machine press- 4s-10r with 70 drop to 60 for 3 for all 4 sets
Front shrugs immediately into behind the back shrugs- 3s-15r each /w 205
Side lateral machine- 4s-12r /w 50.

did abs afterwards. Throught the whole workout my left shoulder felt weird, just like a pain right in the center of it, idk i think ill start off with presses next week and see if that makes a difference. Torrent afterwards.

suicidegripme
07-08-10, 10:37 am
I feel the need to say and ask something to myself and to every brother on these FORVM's. When you look yourself in the mirror every damn morning what in gods name do you see??? Do you see the man or woman that cant stand the sight of what you've become, or do you see a person that is going to persevere through all of life's bullshit and use the knowledge that you have gained to better your self and others around you. Another thought goes through your head once those first 3 seconds go by: Why in the hell do i do this. Hypothetically if there wernt any stages, no shows, no contests, would you still train and work your ass off as hard as you do right now?? We need to train for ourselves, if your not, no offense but your not going any where or bettering anything. When you truely love what your doing, no matter what the circumstances you enjoy it. The pain and soreness that comes from the workout where you just pucked up your last 2 meals, you live for that shit. Its what defines us and what we do. Now, dont get me wrong loving bodybuilding and all that comes with it is great, the shows the prep, all of it. But when it comes down to weather or not you actually love what your doing, thats where you find out why you will be able to work past others expectations and all of the world's bullshit. A vast majority of people would look at us and think What The Fuck is wrong with you?? They dont and never will understand the love we all have for the iron. Thats what makes these FORVM'S so special, a group of brothers who all share a common bond. Thank you.

I rarely feel good when I look in the mirror, more like sh*t I need to pack on more muscle.. I just do it out of habit.

This is one of the few forums/sites that are hardcore and actually inspires/motivates me. Keep up the good work bro, hope to see some massive lifting here soon.

Abelli
07-08-10, 11:31 am
I rarely feel good when I look in the mirror, more like sh*t I need to pack on more muscle.. I just do it out of habit.

This is one of the few forums/sites that are hardcore and actually inspires/motivates me. Keep up the good work bro, hope to see some massive lifting here soon.

I agree bro, its a rare site to come by and its a life changer for most. The muscle will come with time, we all know that. Thanks for the support, much appreciated.

Abelli
07-09-10, 10:45 am
total cals-3740
Carbs-326
Protein-386

Arms today.

Abelli
07-09-10, 1:22 pm
5 min warm up on bike
Biceps
Preacher curls 3s-12r /w 75
incline hammer curls 3s-10r /w 30
Machine Rope curls - 3s-12r: s1 42, s2-3 50.

Triceps-
Pushdowns- 3s-12r: s1-42, s2-50, s3-57
Reverse pushdowns- 3s-12r: s1-42, s2-3.50
Kickbacks- 3s-12r /w 25
Press Downs- 3s-10r: s1-190, s2-3: 210.

Did abs afterwards. Got a really good pump, 1st arm day in a while, they werent as weak as i thought they would be but, my main goals are still the big 3: back, chest and legs, theyre the main muscles i want to see major improvements in. Torrent afterwards.

Abelli
07-09-10, 10:12 pm
total cals-3540
Carbs-260
Protein-383

Off day tomorrow, damn i hate em. Cant stand not lifting. It sucks but life's a bitch. Got the UT college visit tomorrow at like 8:30 though, so hopefully i like the campus.

Abelli
07-11-10, 10:52 am
UT tour was good, nice campus and everything. Wasnt a bad day off since my mind was occupied. Chest today, let you guys know how it went once i get back and eat.

Abelli
07-11-10, 1:51 pm
10 min warm up on the running machine thingy idk haha.
2 Warm up sets, 12 reps on incline fly's with 40's

Flatbench- 2s-8r /w 155, 2s-6r with 175
Incline smith- This was weird, i started off with 135 did 2s-6r i thought that i was going backwards, i put 155 on and did it 6 times, then i was like ok, went to the normal incline and did 135 for 10 for my 4th set, never touching smith machine for bench again.
Hammer strength incline iso press- 3s-9r /w 140, 1s-6r /w 160
Cable Cross Overs- 2s-12r /w 27, then did the kind where you pull up instead of down to hit the upper pec more, Did 2s-10r /w 17.
PecDec- 4s-12r /w 145, did a drop set on the 4th down to 120.

Good workout over all, strength was up a little which is great. The scale said i was up 7lbs though, which i thought was a little to much for my 1st week back in the gym, ill check again tomorrow before i lift instead of after and see if there is a difference. I did measurements and didnt go up in the waist and couldnt see any significant fat gain so, my back and legs and arms went up a little though. But i know there is some fat gain in that #. Torrent afterwards.

Abelli
07-11-10, 2:14 pm
Just remembered how good 90's rap was, cant replace it, nowadays "rap" is garbage.

B. Rowe
07-11-10, 2:52 pm
bro, if your training to be an athlete skip the isolated bodybuilding workouts man. Yeh your gonna put on muscle but your not gonna help your athletic abilities. You have got to be doing compound movements, squats, cleans, dead lifts, weighted step ups, plyometrics. You should care more about being explosive and agile rather than muscular. 6'0" 200lbs isnt small for a bball player. As a coach id rather have a kid that can out hustle and out jump anyone than a 6'0'' brick that cant make it down the court. Everyone wants to be jacked but if you truly love the game and want a future in it you need to start doing sport specific exercises. Hit me up if you need any help i played college football went through 3 diff strength coaches so i have some knowledge.

Abelli
07-11-10, 4:01 pm
bro, if your training to be an athlete skip the isolated bodybuilding workouts man. Yeh your gonna put on muscle but your not gonna help your athletic abilities. You have got to be doing compound movements, squats, cleans, dead lifts, weighted step ups, plyometrics. You should care more about being explosive and agile rather than muscular. 6'0" 200lbs isnt small for a bball player. As a coach id rather have a kid that can out hustle and out jump anyone than a 6'0'' brick that cant make it down the court. Everyone wants to be jacked but if you truly love the game and want a future in it you need to start doing sport specific exercises. Hit me up if you need any help i played college football went through 3 diff strength coaches so i have some knowledge.

Thanks bro, I know exactly what you mean, id be the same way if i was a coach. I appreciate it alot.

Abelli
07-11-10, 5:52 pm
Im changing up to a push-pull routine instead of the typical bodybuilding style of training. Probably shoulda thought of that on my own haha but thats the great thing about the FORVM, people understand and wana help. Thanks B. Rowe

B. Rowe
07-11-10, 8:10 pm
Im changing up to a push-pull routine instead of the typical bodybuilding style of training. Probably shoulda thought of that on my own haha but thats the great thing about the FORVM, people understand and wana help. Thanks B. Rowe

Any time brother, when your done with your long successful basketball career then we will get you on a mean bodybuilding routine. Best of luck

Abelli
07-11-10, 8:48 pm
Any time brother, when your done with your long successful basketball career then we will get you on a mean bodybuilding routine. Best of luck

Haha thanks for the support man.

Abelli
07-12-10, 10:26 am
Pull today, dont know when im in the gym but sometime today, need a weight belt though for deads, so probably like 2 ill be in there. When its packed as hell and wont get a machine since they take hours sitting and talking.

B. Rowe
07-12-10, 7:46 pm
Pull today, dont know when im in the gym but sometime today, need a weight belt though for deads, so probably like 2 ill be in there. When its packed as hell and wont get a machine since they take hours sitting and talking.

Try not to use a belt either. keep the weight lighter and focus on holding in your abs tight as well. It will strengthen your core which will make you overall a stronger athlete. I ONLY used belt for very heavy squats.

Abelli
07-12-10, 9:36 pm
Try not to use a belt either. keep the weight lighter and focus on holding in your abs tight as well. It will strengthen your core which will make you overall a stronger athlete. I ONLY used belt for very heavy squats.

Well, ok then. Thanks, never thought of that. Thanks for your support B. Rowe

B. Rowe
07-13-10, 12:34 am
Any time bro, thats why we are here

Abelli
07-13-10, 1:12 pm
Rest day today, going to do some speed and agility training though, hopefully my knee can keep up. Lets find out.

Abelli
07-13-10, 5:24 pm
Changing my overall goals towards lifting, like B. Rowe told me, 6'0 200lbs is not small at all, id say i have pretty good size. Granted there are people who have my stats that are much bigger than me but thats not the point haha. My main goal now is to just get much stronger than i am now, as you seen if you read my last thread post which had a whopping 20 views haha. But yea, I guess i just needed a kick in the ass to finally switch things up. Just wondering though what rep/set scheme do you use when aiming for strength and not size?? Though my body personally as i've seen it will grow as long as i lift any thing so thats not my priority at the time, maybe if i dont get a scholarship for ball, then ill go back to wanting to get bigger, but right now i just want to be able to knock the guy on his ass who jumps with me.

Abelli
07-15-10, 10:47 am
Push/Pull setup is going great, I like it allot more than I expected. But I thought this was pretty damn funny so I figured I'd tell you guys about it. So The gym I go to isnt necessarily great, alot of older people go there, its cheap, has what you need besides more squat racks and space. BUT there is a sign that says a bunch of dont do this and that, but the main one is dont drop weights. SO i go to do deads, read the sign and im like FUCK! but w.e i put the 2 metal self spotter things on the ground and just lift-off from there. I thought ok, its not hitting the floor so no big deal. I only put 225 on so im thinking its not gonna be that loud, i stand up go back down and its not loud at all. I do my 12 reps, stand up look around, and every one in there is staring at me like i just escaped from a physc ward or something. Its a shame, but i did my 4 sets and didnt get bitched at by the gym so, it was fine i guess.

B. Rowe
07-15-10, 10:55 am
Push/Pull setup is going great, I like it allot more than I expected. But I thought this was pretty damn funny so I figured I'd tell you guys about it. So The gym I go to isnt necessarily great, alot of older people go there, its cheap, has what you need besides more squat racks and space. BUT there is a sign that says a bunch of dont do this and that, but the main one is dont drop weights. SO i go to do deads, read the sign and im like FUCK! but w.e i put the 2 metal self spotter things on the ground and just lift-off from there. I thought ok, its not hitting the floor so no big deal. I only put 225 on so im thinking its not gonna be that loud, i stand up go back down and its not loud at all. I do my 12 reps, stand up look around, and every one in there is staring at me like i just escaped from a physc ward or something. Its a shame, but i did my 4 sets and didnt get bitched at by the gym so, it was fine i guess.

Just do your damn thing, too many gyms with this bullshit dont do this dont do that. Your not at a high end health club, if they say anything tell them you are training for your upcoming season and you need to do this and its the only place you can get to and afford, they will more than likely let you slide. Good luck bro, i know its tough out there to get in a real workout

Abelli
07-15-10, 11:13 am
Just do your damn thing, too many gyms with this bullshit dont do this dont do that. Your not at a high end health club, if they say anything tell them you are training for your upcoming season and you need to do this and its the only place you can get to and afford, they will more than likely let you slide. Good luck bro, i know its tough out there to get in a real workout

HAHA yea its something, Thanks B. Rowe.

Abelli
07-17-10, 1:56 pm
Hardest part of today was the military press, havent done it in a while, need to though worked the shoulders really well, better than standing press IMO. Couldnt squat since it was pulling on my groin/hamstring area really bad which sucked since i love squats, but it was a decent day, strength has gone up since last time in every lift , so still progression .

Abelli
07-20-10, 11:27 am
Just thought id ask you guys for advice on this one cause it seems pretty bad. Ok my left shoulder has been in some pain the past 2-3 days, its been acting up for a while but never this much. I know its my rotator cuff which sucks, but what are ya gonna do. When i do any type of shoulder presses ( besides dumbbell ) it feels pretty good, other than that its shot. Later Raises annoy it, when i do back, and type of exercise you can name, tweaks the shoulder into an awkward position and all of the weight is put onto my shoulder and not my lat. Chest exercise's are the worst. I warm up alot since it seems to help, but if i try and go far away from a good warm up weight, i end up having to lift lighter than that. Dumbbell chest is the worst out of them all. I know its effecting strength and size gains but im way to scared to tear it to lift heavy, cause that would really suck. Havent gone to the doc yet since im still not under medical coverage since the move, so im pretty screwed right now. Just wondering your guys take on this, any advice is always appreciated, thanks brothers.