PDA

View Full Version : The best way to do cardio

fawaz
06-17-10, 4:27 pm
after weight training i have found that high intensity cardio is the best way to shed fat quickly.
this is how you do it.
you push the effort level all the way to the highest point and sprint on that for about 30 seconds.then calm down but keep your legs moving then repeat until you have burnt 150 calories you will sweat like hell especialy after hardcore weight training.
fat loss is about how much breath is giong in and out of the body so i think low intensity wont burn much fat.
who agrees with me and if you want you can leave behind some other cardio tips i would really aprecieate.

naturalguy
06-17-10, 4:30 pm
Are you talking about HIIT cardio? (High Intensity Interval Training) - that can be very effective however I have gotten good results with lower intensity, longer duration cardio as well. There are benefits to both in my opinion.

fawaz
06-17-10, 5:03 pm
Are you talking about HIIT cardio? (High Intensity Interval Training) - that can be very effective however I have gotten good results with lower intensity, longer duration cardio as well. There are benefits to both in my opinion.

yes i am talking about HIIT its very affective and more advanced.i also see it burns fat quickly over time than any othe thing i have dont wich was rubbish compared to this.

Legacy
06-17-10, 5:18 pm
I like doing other activities for cardio. For example, I do martial arts and that usually kicks my ass nonstop for cardio. On the flip side I also enjoy doing sprints at a football field. 10-15 sets of 100 yard sprints and my ass is taxed. I do my cardio this way because it gets me out of the gym, I also feel like I get a better workout doing sprints on a field than I do on a treadmill because you have more control of how your body moves since you are propelling it instead of having a belt run underneath you at a prescribed speed.

fawaz
06-17-10, 5:26 pm
I like doing other activities for cardio. For example, I do martial arts and that usually kicks my ass nonstop for cardio. On the flip side I also enjoy doing sprints at a football field. 10-15 sets of 100 yard sprints and my ass is taxed. I do my cardio this way because it gets me out of the gym, I also feel like I get a better workout doing sprints on a field than I do on a treadmill because you have more control of how your body moves since you are propelling it instead of having a belt run underneath you at a prescribed speed.

thats a good way of cardio thanks legacy

Brick By Brick
06-17-10, 5:31 pm
I like running after the ice cream truck.

DumbbellBanana
06-17-10, 10:01 pm
I tend to get very bored on cardio machines after my workout, so i started to use the stairs at my gym.

There is 20 steps i believe, and I grab a 50lb dumbbell in each hand, I run up and down the stairs 3 times as fast as i can, on the second one down it usually starts to burn. Once i finish 3 i drop the dumbells and sprint the stairs 3 more times as fast as i can. I take a 3 minute rest in between and usually do this a total of 3 times. By the end of it I am ready to lay down and dont get bored because its very explosive and quick.

71bbo455
06-17-10, 10:31 pm
HIIT training after lifting is a very effective method. I like doing 40 yard sprints using a harness. 6 or 7 of those with 10 seconds rest will fry your ass.

theharjmann
06-18-10, 9:44 am
i like taking the dog for 2 long walks every day

once in the morning

once in the evening

that does me fine

adidas
06-18-10, 11:24 am

I'm with Legacy here...I prefer other methods for cardio. Tires (flip, pull, drag), sprints, work outs designed to tax not only your muscles but your lungs as well.