PDA

View Full Version : Posing Routine

_Trainlikeafreak
06-18-10, 12:42 am
Sup fellas, I'm going to a guy my buddy knows Saturday to learn a posing routine for my contest. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers/tips on how to pose since its my first show. Much appreciated

Mazda 6
06-18-10, 3:36 am
Have you trained the basic poses?

Side chest, double front biceps, lat spread, relax...? Try to pose one of them for 15 sec before do another one. Learn to breath and to control your stomach. Don't forget to breath out in any pose.

To your posing routine check out some routines at you tube and try to "copy" them... try to avoid tracks that many athletes choose (Rammstein-Du hast) and choose something special if you can pose it.

A friend of mine pose with a song ( i can't remember the title or the artist) "Like this! Like this!" and he change the pose in every 'like this".

C.Coronato
06-18-10, 9:28 am
Make sure you hold every pose for a few seconds, dont just go from one to another to another to another because every picture will look like you are not set, remember to enjoy it. What show are you doing? I see your from NJ ..

Legacy
06-18-10, 9:54 am
Sup fellas, I'm going to a guy my buddy knows Saturday to learn a posing routine for my contest. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers/tips on how to pose since its my first show. Much appreciated

I think you should learn to do the classic posing, nothing like taking it back to old school and to the roots. Take a look at vids of mike liberatore, he does them a lot, as does jose raymond

_Trainlikeafreak
06-18-10, 11:20 am
Make sure you hold every pose for a few seconds, dont just go from one to another to another to another because every picture will look like you are not set, remember to enjoy it. What show are you doing? I see your from NJ ..

NGA Garden State Classic: Teen Amateur Middleweight Division

http://www.njnga.com/home/jul_2010.html <-- thats the link to it

71bbo455
06-18-10, 9:16 pm
Try watching the "Master Poser" Ed Corney. Check out youtube and anything you can find by him. He is awesome to watch. Simple and classy.

And by the way Good Luck with your first show and let us know how you do.

_Trainlikeafreak
06-18-10, 10:28 pm
Try watching the "Master Poser" Ed Corney. Check out youtube and anything you can find by him. He is awesome to watch. Simple and classy.

And by the way Good Luck with your first show and let us know how you do.

appreciate it homie, oh and TTL, I am dropping to Lightweight. I talked it over with a few trainers and close buddies I train with.

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 10:15 am
NGA Garden State Classic: Teen Amateur Middleweight Division

http://www.njnga.com/home/jul_2010.html <-- thats the link to it

appreciate it homie, oh and TTL, I am dropping to Lightweight. I talked it over with a few trainers and close buddies I train with.

Nice man! That looks like its going to be a good show, wish i could make it but ill be doing the NPC Team Universe that day. Best of luck to you brotha!

_Trainlikeafreak
06-21-10, 4:19 pm
Hey TTL, do you know of any tanning agents I can use to get a good tan. Like I've heard of certain creams that you rub on and it darkens your skin.