PDA

View Full Version : new at it

reSPEctiron
06-18-10, 11:32 am
this is my first post on the form, and i do have to say that ive been reading post on here for a while and have gotten nothing but good ideas and advice. but what i comes for is alittle help.
im just that normal gym rat that wants to take his body to the next level. they say to be big you have to move big weight right? got that in check but my diet is all over the place i dont know what direction i need to go in.
i need some kinda of plan to base mine off of. kinda of a lay out of what types of food to eat and what are the times to eat them. im cutting so i firgured less calories but all that has done is leave me tired all day and weaker in weight room. can anyone help.

adidas
06-18-10, 1:08 pm
you need to tell the ForVm more.

what does your current diet look like?

C.Coronato
06-18-10, 1:10 pm
Welcome my man. You are in a good place for sure. Like Adidas said, whats the current diet looking like?

reSPEctiron
06-19-10, 11:21 am
9:00
2 cups of oatmeal
protein shake
apple
10:30
pre work
11:00
gym normal routin for the day followed by
cardio for 30mins at the end of the work out.
12:30
protien shake 2 turkey sandwiches on whole weat.
3:30-4:00
grilled fish and rice

heres where i run into a problem i just stop eating till 9:30
i take a protien shake and try to eat something befor i head to bed at 11

i try to stick to this pretty hardcore but it get old what can i replace so that im not tempeted to cheat also let me know where improvements can be made
im open to anything
thanks

PIJW
06-19-10, 12:29 pm
Well i saw that you said you wanted to cut. Once problem i see with your diet off the bat is A not enough protein thoughout the day and B not enough meals. Even when cutting we still consume about 6 meals a day to keep our body fueled.

reSPEctiron
06-21-10, 1:50 am
i know i need to take in 1-1.5 per pound of body weight
but how lol i take 6 scoops of synthea six a day just in protein shakes.
anyone have kind of a food time outline
i wake up everyday at nine like clock work and lift 6 of the 7 days at 11
all i need is someone to point in the direction and ill do what im told.

J-DOG
06-21-10, 2:43 am
9:00
2 cups of oatmeal
protein shake
apple
10:30
pre work
11:00
gym normal routin for the day followed by
cardio for 30mins at the end of the work out.
12:30
protien shake 2 turkey sandwiches on whole weat.
3:30-4:00
grilled fish and rice

heres where i run into a problem i just stop eating till 9:30
i take a protien shake and try to eat something befor i head to bed at 11

i try to stick to this pretty hardcore but it get old what can i replace so that im not tempeted to cheat also let me know where improvements can be made
im open to anything
thanks

You have definetly come to the right place bro because you will get all the help or advice you need from your Animal bros & Sistas.

I agree with PIJW that you need to have more meals spread throughout the day to keep your body burning cals at a nice steady rate without the highs and lows that most people not on the forum here would experience i am sure.

Let me just say IMO that taking in extra protein from shakes is fine provided that you have a solid meal plan that it would compliment. Shakes are best consumed pre and post workout and during if you like and any other time that you cant sit down to a well balance meal. Just to keep in mind that 1 scoop of S-6 is 200cals so that is an extra 1200 cals a day you are having and that is even if it is in water. That is fine if you are on a bulk phase but if you are cutting it is best to get whole meals in and save the shakes for times around your workouts.

Can you give us some more info about your current height,weight,bf levels, what you are currently doing for training eg reps, exercises, rest breaks, type and duration of cardio etc The more info you can give the clearer the advice can be. As for doing what your told, you always have to ask questions and learn. Everyone will have a different opinion on what works and what doesnt because we all have different physiques and what works for one may not work for another.
In saying that you are 110% in the right place to build up your knowledge from all the experienced lifters on the forum. It ultimately be up to you to try and decide what works for you and what doesnt regardless of anyone else's opinion.

The thing that makes the forum great is the range and wealth of knowledge and expeience from all the chosen sporting fields. The common underlying theme from everyone here though is the desire to get better and achieve the best possible results from whatever their chosen sport.

Anyway have a think about what you want to achieve and what your goals are then you can start planning a way to achieve them.

As G-Diesel said Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow. Always. Believe that".

Peace

JD

Thrawn
06-21-10, 3:00 am
Welcome, brother!
To make a small correction from your first post: to get big you gotta EAT big. not necessarily move big weight. although that last one will also help a lot =)

I am a bit confused. You say to get big i move big weight, you got that in check and later on you speak of cutting? A bulkdiet is WAY different then a cutdiet. Or am i just not reading it right?
Anyway; like some previous brothers have said: the help and info you need is around here and you WILL get your answers.

Just give us a bit more info, like goals, training methods, time you can spent in the gym etc and you will get a few plans and suggestions i am SURE. Then you will have to do your work and experiment. What works for me will not work for others.
Simple example? When i want to gain a few extra lbs, i go for the milkdiet. I just drink 2 liters of milk a day at least. Works GREAT for me. But my former trainingspartner was sensitive to lactose.... I do well with less days in the gym, but bigger workouts.

Dont put too much faith in supplements to do the work for you when dieting. Cardio, lean wholefoods and discipline. that is where its at. Supplements are exactly what the name implies. Supplements. They can help / assist.

Thats my 2 cents for now, we will be waiting here for more info from your side!

reSPEctiron
06-22-10, 3:04 am
moday chest&back
barbell press
3 sets of ten keep the weight around 250
dumbbell flies 3-15
incline dumbbells 3-15
flat dumbell press 3-15

deadlift 3-10
seated row 3-15
bent rows 3-15
pull down 3-20