PDA

View Full Version : My journey to Ithaca...

Mazda 6
06-18-10, 1:51 pm
Once you set out on your way to Ithaca,
wish that it should be a long road
full of adventures, full of knowledge.
The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
the angry Poseidon do not fear,
for such as them on your path you will not find,
if your thought remains superior, if a refined
sentiment your spirit and your body touches.
The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
the ferocious Poseidon you will not encounter,
if you do not carry them inside your soul,
if your soul does not stand them up in front of you.
Wish that it should be a long road
That many the summer mornings will be,
that with such pleasure, with such joy
you will be entering ports never seen before
be stopping over at Phoenician market places,
and the fine merchandise you will come to posses
mother-of-pearl and corals, amber and ebony,
and sensual perfumes of every kind,
as many sensual perfumes as you possibly can,
to pay a visit to many Egyptian cities,
to learn and to learn from the educated.

Always keep Ithaca on your mind.
The arrival there is your destination.
But do not rush the voyage at all.
It is better that is should last for many years.
and as an old man to throw anchor at the island
rich with everything that you have gained on the way,
not expecting riches to be given you by Ithaca.

Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage.
Without her you would not have gone out on the road.
She has no more things to give you.
And if poor you find her, Ithaca has not deceived you.
As wise as you have become, with such experience,
by now you must have realized what Ithacas mean...

Constantine P. Cavafy (1911)

This is a poem of Cavafy, a famous Greek poet. Ithaca was the home of Odysseus, who after the victory of the Greeks at Troy wandered the seas of the Mediterranean and beyond, living so many adventures to come back to Ithaca, to his wife Penelope and son Telemachus.

In this poem by Cavafy, one speaks to an Odyssey (can be anyone, not the real hero) telling him to enjoy the long trip and wandering in unknown countries, mythical places, faced with many dangers and adventures. Indeed, he says that trusts should be a long journey and take time, but do not expect to find wealth and money in his "Ithaca".

But in the end he will understand how wise he became through his journey and his adventures, and the real gain is his experience and his wisdom...

This is for me the real mean of bodybuilding: My Ithaca. A journey with difficulties and challenges... a journey who needs patience, strength, dedication and willpower.

At the end you might achieve your goal, but the most important thing is that you are more wise than before...

Mazda 6
06-18-10, 4:36 pm
11:22 pm

Before bedtime many thoughts are in my mind. Finally worth it to be so tired and depressed psychologically? Worth it not being able to eat that other people eat? Worth it to can not go for a walk with your girlfriend because you have to go to the gym?

When you lift your shirt and pose, then you know that ultimately worth doing so many sacrifices...

Dawns another day closer to my Ithaca.

Strength bros

Mazda 6
06-19-10, 2:05 pm
8:24 pm

I watched a British documentary about fat people and their obsession with food. They watched the 9-month effort of four people to lose weight.

The first by an operation on her stomach, the second one by exercising, the third and the fourth by simply changing their eating habits. No one manage to make better his life. Everyone lose some weight, and after one year they was fatter than before.

Everyone was talking about how hard is it to avoid a pizza, a burger, a waffle, a pancake, a chocolate or a candy. I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT LACK OF WILLPOWER!!!

I was 60 lbs overweight when i start my first cutting period. I manage to avoid all harm things! I manage to discipline myself, to be dedicated, to be focused... that's how i managed to lose 60 lbs and be fit, strong and ripped!

So bros... by every damn can of tuna... by every fucking egg white... by eating for 6th time at the same day chicken breast fillet... by every stride at the treadmill... by every painful set on squat... we are closer to what we want to do!!!

Shut the fuck up and train!!! Shut the fuck up and eat!!! You have to pay your dues every day...

Peace

Mazda 6
06-20-10, 2:04 pm
8:51 pm

Another day passed... 20 days for my next cheat meal...

A friend saw me today and he told me that i am very small because i am natural and i do a strict diet, training and cardio.

Please if someone read this check my pic and make some comments. I am trying hard to stay focus on my goal. I am trying to achieve more hard muscles, more definition and as much lower body fat i can for a natural.

Today pic

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3266/abs10.jpg

I am 164,24 lbs, 5,87 tall.

At this hard moments another voice, another advice from the brotherhood of iron is very important...

moreofme2kill
06-20-10, 6:17 pm
look pretty shredded to me man. keep it up. i have never, or ever will be that defined, so be proud of yourself, you deserve it.

Mazda 6
06-20-10, 6:59 pm
look pretty shredded to me man. keep it up. i have never, or ever will be that defined, so be proud of yourself, you deserve it.

Thanks a lot my friend!!!

I don't know if i am doing the right thing... i have 5 weeks more to complete my cutting period. I think i will complete this week and if i am satisfied i will stop.

This is a storm on my journey. But i will pass through...

Stay strong.

Mazda 6
06-21-10, 6:59 am
2:00 pm

I am getting reading for chest training. I must post new pics.

I feel my body ready but my cutting period should end in 5 weeks more. I can't understand if i am satisfied or i listen to my "sirens" who mislead me from my goal...

Strength bros...

Mazda 6
06-21-10, 10:56 am
One new pic...

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3671/21610.jpg

Those voices becoming louder and louder every moment. My best friend advised me to stop and start a maintain period, because the water that i hold down on my belly button is to difficult to drop it out. If i will try to do it i will sacrifice much muscle mass...

I will take my decision on Saturday morning if i will continue or not...

Any commends and advises will be welcomed.

Mazda 6
06-22-10, 3:23 am
10:20 am

I return just right now from my morning 45 min cardio.

I see my body needs those weeks. I can't drop my fat, or the holding water just like that.

I have to fight. I have to stay strong. I have to stay focused. I have to stay alive!

And hell yeah, it's leg day today!!!

Strength

Mazda 6
06-22-10, 1:14 pm
HELL YEAH!!!

I was amazed today!!! I couldn't believe how my legs looks!!! Very nice, ripped, hard with veins.

The side chest looks very nice, not only my legs from the side, also me arm and chest.

But i talked to my trainer and when i told him that i am 3 lbs lighter than the last measurement, he told me to eat 2 cheat meals!!! One at Saturday night and another one at Sunday night!!!

Great psychology boost to continue. After my Sunday cheat i will have 4 weeks to end my cutting period.

Some stats:
Squat: 200 lbs for 6 reps.
Military press: 176 lbs for 6.
Incline chest press: 77 lbs dumbbells for 6.

I am 160 lbs.

Mazda 6
06-22-10, 1:31 pm
Today pic of my abs.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8879/163kk.jpg

P.S. I post those pics of my abs because i don't have someone to take a pic of a pose :)

Mazda 6
06-22-10, 2:13 pm
Finally!!! My brother help to take 2 pics

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/492/95503521.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/871/84135147.jpg

Mazda 6
06-22-10, 7:14 pm
02:00 am

Girlfriends. If your girlfriend is not related with bodybuilding you have 2 ways of behavior:

1st: She don't like what you are doing because she hasn't a good body, or a very good body and she jealous.

2nd: She don't like what you are doing because she think that you are doing it for girls...

All options start with a period when your girlfriend likes what you are do.

I had a very serious fight with my girl tonight. She wants to go out too late bat i can't. I have to wake up early for my cardio. She wants to go for a drink, but i can't drink, she want to go out with some friends for pizza, but i have my diet. Damn girl, i am the hungry one! I train every day! I do it, not you!

Hope that she understand what i told her... if she don't, i' ll have to buy a really nice present for our anniversary!!! HAHAHAHA

Peace

Mazda 6
06-23-10, 12:03 pm
Today diet:

10:00 am: 200 gr potato and 8 egg white.

13:00 pm: 200 gr. potato, 150 gr. o chicken breast fillet and 1 tablespoon linseed oil.

16:30 pm: 200 gr. potato and 150 gr. o chicken breast fillet.

18:30 pm: 200 gr. potato and 150 gr. o chicken breast fillet.

21:30 pm: 200 gr. potato and 150 gr. o chicken breast fillet.

00:00: Green salad and 150 gr. o chicken breast fillet

I have two more meals until the end of the day...

Training

9:00 am: 45 min cardio.

15:30 pm: weight training.

Every day i look better and better. I think that me cheat meals at Saturday and Sunday, will give me not only the psychological boost, but also my body will be full of salt and cholesterol that will help me to do more hard training and will make my body look harder.

But i also know that until next Friday i would hold water under my skin. This is trick is something similar to a pre contest carb up-carb down.

Mazda 6
06-24-10, 2:13 pm
I can't wait for my cheat meal... I think it all day long...

I 've made my mind for my next step. Another one week and then i will go for a maintain period (8 weeks) before i start me bulking period.

Mazda 6
06-25-10, 7:46 pm
19 hours left...

Thank you God that you give me strength to complete my journey...

Fearless Rabbit
06-27-10, 7:12 am
Keep it up. Lookin` good bro. I know your pain with the girl, I live it every day :)

Salutes from Mediterranean neighborhood.

Mazda 6
06-28-10, 6:41 am
Hello Rabbit!!!

Thanks for your post!!!

Yesterday i eat the hole world!!! I spend 65 € To fast foods and pizza... but nothing special happened. I gain only 3 lbs... my abs looking good. I expect my weight training to see any special pumps...

mcbeast
06-28-10, 6:56 am
Some serious dedication in here brotha. Now that your going to bulk soon you should consider some kind of strength program. It will only benefit you in the end. Look up 5x5, 531, rippetoe starting strength etc. Good luck bro.

Mazda 6
06-28-10, 7:04 am
Some serious dedication in here brotha. Now that your going to bulk soon you should consider some kind of strength program. It will only benefit you in the end. Look up 5x5, 531, rippetoe starting strength etc. Good luck bro.

Thanks Excessive for your comment!!!

I have to search for a good strength program. But i am always consider about mass. I know well that strength=muscle mass but i have to read many threads from THE FORUM to understand what i can do on a bulking period. Any help welcomed :)

Fearless Rabbit
06-28-10, 7:42 am
Consider HRT, it`s awesome!

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Mazda 6
06-28-10, 3:58 pm
Consider HRT, it`s awesome!

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130

Yeah, i 'm gonna check it.

The only problem is that i don't have a training partner...

Mazda 6
06-29-10, 2:11 pm
I am not well today. Wake up early in the morning because i had to go my Nissan Qashqai for oil change...

I paid 185 € and i had only 20€ until 2 July that i' m gonna be paid. Really disappointed i did 'nt go for leg training or cardio today...

Mazda 6
06-30-10, 1:53 pm
I lost another 3 lbs after my cheat day at Sunday... it is like it never happened...

2 people today from the gym advised me to stop cutting...

Mazda 6
07-05-10, 3:47 pm
New pics!!! I didn't loose weight but i am cleaner, harder and looking better than ever!!!

13 days to go and finish my cutting period!!!

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/460/0016t.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9813/0018jl.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2374/0019eo.jpg

Any comments are welcomed!!!

Breakfast: 8 egg withes, 150 gr. potato
The other 4 meals: 150 gr. chicken breast fillet and 150 gr. potato
6th meal: 150 gr. chicken breast fillet and a large green salad

Mazda 6
07-06-10, 12:46 pm
A new update...

As the days passing by, i drink more and more diet soda. I like VERY MUCH Pepsi light!!! It's perfect!!!

Also i add carry, oregano and garlic at my chicken breast fillet. It's very tasty this way.

For my training i 've stop train legs this week and the next last week of my cutting period.

I don't have the strength to do such a train because me legs are very tired because of the cardio...

Mazda 6
07-08-10, 2:13 pm
New changes on my diet...

Breakfast: 8 egg whites and 150 gr. potato.

Meal: 170 gr. beef fillet and 150 gr. potato.

Pre workout meal: 150 gr. chicken breast fillet and 200 gr. rice.

Post workout meal: 8 egg whites and 2 tablespoons of Vitargo.

2 hours after: 150 gr. chicken breast fillet and 150 gr. potato.

Dinner: 150 gr. chicken breast fillet and 1 tablespoon olive oil.

Mazda 6
07-11-10, 3:50 am
Through those small changes on my diet i feel my body more pumped during all day.

I gain 2 lbs but i am at the same cutting levels. Today i 'm gonna eat a free meal at the end of the day while watching the FIFA World Cup Final Holland VS Spain.

If the 2012 is the world's end, then this is the last Final that i 'm gonna watch!!! I have to enjoy it!!!

HAHAHAHA

Mazda 6
07-11-10, 9:54 am
A pic taken yesterday later in the evening. About 159 lbs...

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5155/80537704.jpg