PDA

View Full Version : price difference

msktyshha
06-18-10, 6:15 pm
ok so at universalnutrition.com animal flex is for $46.50, at gnc it's for 41.99 in store and online it's for 23.99. at vitaminshoppe is for 35.99. at bodybuilding.com its for $25.79. I went to a local supplement store and he had it for 45.99, I asked him why the high price and all these low and high prices, he said "because universalnutrition.com and me, and places where it's for over $40 have the real old formula and all other cheap ones have the new weak formula. Is this true???

music_man185
06-18-10, 10:21 pm
more markup equals more profit. gnc is a good example. i would just go with wherever is cheapest.

universalnutrition.com has to sell it more expensive than other places, because if they sold it cheaper, places like bodybuilding.com wouldn't want to distribute it because no one would buy from them. they have to offer distributors lower prices, so they will actually want to distribute it for them.

Muscleguy93
06-18-10, 11:09 pm
Bodybuilding.com is as real as it can get when it comes to buying supps...

msktyshha
06-19-10, 12:16 am
i got my last can from bb.com and ones before that from vitaminshoppe cause of price, but iam curious about the claim the local supplement store guy made

FITGYM
06-19-10, 12:41 am
ok so at universalnutrition.com animal flex is for $46.50, at gnc it's for 41.99 in store and online it's for 23.99. at vitaminshoppe is for 35.99. at bodybuilding.com its for $25.79. I went to a local supplement store and he had it for 45.99, I asked him why the high price and all these low and high prices, he said "because universalnutrition.com and me, and places where it's for over $40 have the real old formula and all other cheap ones have the new weak formula. Is this true???

This is not true. If you search the net you will find a price that fits your budget. They are all the same formula.

snowboardray
06-19-10, 8:07 am
How else would they get you to buy their higher priced product unless they told you that?

naturalguy
06-19-10, 8:50 am

When products are sold on universalnutrition.com, UniversalUSA.com or Animalpak.com they will always be at full retail price.

When you buy from another store or website that retailer sets the price which is almost always below full retail. It's the same product however.

msktyshha
06-19-10, 4:07 pm
When products are sold on universalnutrition.com, UniversalUSA.com or Animalpak.com they will always be at full retail price.

When you buy from another store or website that retailer sets the price which is almost always below full retail. It's the same product however.

thanks for the confirmation naturalguy. I have been using flex from vitaminshoppe for some time and recently from bb.com, a can just arrived today and it's still the same. After this I am not buying anything from that loser who's 10 blocks away from my house.

intoodeep25
06-19-10, 4:11 pm
i cant believe he told you that. thats why places like gnc and vitaminshoppe are garbage, they just want to move products, they dont care about your well being or progression. if he lied about that imagine all the lies he spits out about his products on the daily...

Big C
06-19-10, 4:23 pm
Go with DPS Nutrition or Bodybuilding.com bro...neither has ever did me wrong. You can get Flex for a good price on both sites.

intoodeep25
06-19-10, 7:12 pm
Go with DPS Nutrition or Bodybuilding.com bro...neither has ever did me wrong. You can get Flex for a good price on both sites.

for sure, bb.com is the most reliable site around. didnt i already give you the coupon for them m? they are the cheapest around and with this coupon its a steal, covers shipping and some. coupon is listed below

comeback10percent

msktyshha
06-19-10, 8:46 pm
for sure, bb.com is the most reliable site around. didnt i already give you the coupon for them m? they are the cheapest around and with this coupon its a steal, covers shipping and some. coupon is listed below

comeback10percent

yes bro and I am thankful to you for referring me to bb.com and the coupon. I already made an order from there, and did again on thursday night for flex and got it today, pretty fast shipping and I used comeback10percent. But the claim that asshole made got me thinking, so I had to confirm

intoodeep25
06-19-10, 9:05 pm
ya bro, thats ridiculous. you should be proud to be upgrading to bb.com and leaving that poser place. ive always had a hatred for gnc, and that just further fuels the fire, naw mean?

msktyshha
06-19-10, 9:10 pm
ya bro, thats ridiculous. you should be proud to be upgrading to bb.com and leaving that poser place. ive always had a hatred for gnc, and that just further fuels the fire, naw mean?

thing I hate about gnc now is that there online prices and in-store prices are totally different. I always look thing up on a stores website first and then visit the store, it's more convenient that way and this way I choose which store to go to. GNC's website shows a specific product with a very low price and when you vist the store the price is almost double then what they posted online, like in animal flex example....online they posted it for 23.99 and in store they are selling it for 41.99 wtf!!!