PDA

View Full Version : Embrace the Grind

FewL4no1
06-19-10, 5:37 pm
A while back, I was watching a UFC PPV and the announcer, Joe Rogan, had spoken to one of the fighters before the card. I can't remember the name of the fighter, but he had progressed by leaps and bounds in a short period of time and had moved up far in his division. When Joe asked him what had changed, the fighter told Joe that he had, "Embraced the grind." When I heard that, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Bodybuilding, and life for that matter, is a fucking grind. The monotony of the food, the training, the cardio, work, waking up early in the morning, feeling tired and demotivated....it is dull and boring, and at times, makes you feel like there is just no fucking point. And when I heard those three words, it all became clear to me: it is ALWAYS going to be that way. In life, the best moments in life are those earned by grinding through the worst. What better way to approach that fucking grind than to EMBRACE IT!

Brothers, here marks Day 1 -- the day I begin to 'Embrace the Grind.'

FewL4no1
06-19-10, 5:45 pm
I am currently on a diet to shed the fat. Not for a show, but to show myself that I can stick to a strict diet, training and cardio regimen to get my 6-pack and lean up. I have always been overweight, except for a brief period of time, and I wasn't concerned much with preserving muscle at that point. This time will be different.

Meal 1: 6 oz chicken, 1 piece of fruit, 3 grams fish oil, Pak, joint supp, green tea, caffeine
Meal 2: 6 oz chicken, green veggies with balsamic vinaigrette, 3 grams fish oil, 3 liver tabs, 5g BCAA
PreWO: 1 scoop whey, 25g dextrose powder
TRAIN
PostWO: 2 scoop whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 10g glutamine, 10g BCAA, 3 liver tabs, 3 grams fish oil
Meal 3: 6 oz chicken, green veggies with balsamic vinaigrette, 3 grams fish oil, 3 liver tabs
Meal 4: 2 scoop whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 5g glutamine, 3 liver tabs, 3 grams fish oil
Meal 5: 6 oz chicken, green veggies with balsamic vinaigrette, 3 grams fish oil, 3 liver tabs, green tea
CARDIO
Meal 6: 2 scoop whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 10g glutamine, 5g BCAA, 3 liver tabs, 3 grams fish oil
Meal 7: 2 scoops casein, 10g Arginine

FewL4no1
06-19-10, 5:57 pm
The best part of my day. I love to train. I asked myself one day, "What would you do if you had 6 months to live?" There wasn't a moments hesitation in my answer: "I would sell most of my stuff to buy as much food and supps as I could, and then spend every day in the gym trying to put myself in the hospital."

In the weight room, I feel at home. I find solitude and comfort in the realization that for one hour, I get to put my body through something that will only make me better. For me, training isn't just about working my muscles. No, it is much more. I want to reach a higher state of being. To break myself down so much that I can only focus on the extravagant, the extraordinary....the impossible. I am inspired by Steve Michalik and his 'Intensity or Insanity' program, and I try to get as much volume in the shortest amount of time. No rest. No forgiveness. Nothing but 110%.

Day 1: Chest, Calves
Day 2: Back, Forearms
Day 3: Delts, Calves
Day 4: Abs
Day 5: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Day 6: Quads, Hammies, Calves
Day 7: Abs

45 min of cardio every night, except on leg day.

My one rule for my lifting routine is this: Every exercise MUST BE super setted with another. Sometimes I break my own rules, but by posting my routine for all to see, I will be accountable to that rule.

FewL4no1
06-19-10, 6:04 pm
Felt great today. After a day off yesterday, and an inspirational cardio routine last night, I was ready to hit the weights.

5 rounds:
Incline DB Fly-Presses
super-set with Pec Deck
super-set with Assisted Dips

4 rounds:
Incline BB Press
super-set with Cable X-overs

DB Pull-overs x 2 sets. I broke my rule and didn't super set this with anything. I will throw bench dips in with this next week.

I should mention, there is an exception to my rule: I do not super-set my standing calf raises. This is more of a drop-set routine

Standing Calf Raises: 1x40, 1x30, 1x18 (pissed at myself for allowing myself to give up at 18...shoulda been 20).

No toe raises or seated calf raises. Full calf routine will be makin a comeback on Monday with Delts.

FewL4no1
06-20-10, 5:28 pm
Hit a solid 45 min cardio routine last night. Had to fight through about 5 min of leg pain, but once the blood started flowin, it was easy going after. Felt a little sluggish going into my routine today, but broke out of it and had a good back session. Once I return my proper sleeping schedule, my morning energy should be much better. I also didn't have fruit or dextrose to eat today, so that could have definitely made a big difference in my energy levels.

5 Rounds:
T-Bar Rows
SS w/ Narrow, underhand grip lat pull downs

5 Rounds:
Hammer Grip Low Rows
SS w/ Overhand, lat bar rows
SS w/ One-Hand DB Rows <-- Left side @ 100lbs, Right side at 75 lbs. My right has outgrown my left, so doing heavier weights on one side to slowly even my lats out.

2 Rounds:
Wide, overhand grip rack pulls
SS w/ Wide, overhand grip lat pull downs
Stopped after 2 rounds due to my lower back started to give out on me. I have had lower back issues before, so I can't push myself too much. Also, I am dedicated to working my core so I don't need a belt. If I can't lift it without a belt, then it's too heavy.

2 Rounds:
BB Overhand Wrist Curls
SS w/ DB Underhand wrist Curls (one hand)

NOTES
- Stamina (or just my motivation) was low today. Probably a combination of being off schedule, taking an extra tab of melatonin last night, and not having any carbs this morning.

- 2 things are going to change for next week:
1) Back Extensions are going to be a SS with light weight/high rep deads/rack pulls. My lower back needs to be strengthened a lot, and I will only injure myself again if I don't take care of it.
2) Going to find a new forearm routine that is both interesting and difficult. May break my rule again, and opt for drop sets instead. Only time will tell.

Cardio tonight, and Delts/Traps/Calves tomorrow.

ontheEDGE
06-20-10, 8:21 pm
Bodybuilding, and life for that matter, is a fucking grind. The monotony of the food, the training, the cardio, work, waking up early in the morning, feeling tired and demotivated....it is dull and boring, and at times, makes you feel like there is just no fucking point. And when I heard those three words, it all became clear to me: it is ALWAYS going to be that way. In life, the best moments in life are those earned by grinding through the worst. What better way to approach that fucking grind than to EMBRACE IT!

Brothers, here marks Day 1 -- the day I begin to 'Embrace the Grind.'

great attitude man, its great when a quote or something can change your life like that. keep up the hard work. im down for your journey.

FewL4no1
06-21-10, 8:27 pm
great attitude man, its great when a quote or something can change your life like that. keep up the hard work. im down for your journey.

Thanks a bunch man, glad to have you along for the ride.

And you got it right man: those 3 words, whenever I speak them to myself, change my perspective and put me back on the straight and narrow. One of the hardest things to do is to have control over oneself, and I have found my method.

FewL4no1
06-21-10, 8:36 pm
Got my supps in the mail today, and started my dextrose powder in my pre-WO protein shake. Felt the training fire when I went to the weight room today, and was dripping with sweat, exhaustion, and complete satisfaction when I stepped out. Here we go:

6 rounds:
Seated Arnold Presses
SS w/ DB Lateral Delt Raises
SS w/ DB Shoulder Shrugs

4 Rounds:
Smith Machine Shoulder Shrugs
SS w/ DB Upright Rows
SS w/ Front/Lateral Alternating Raises

Drop Set:
Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises: 1x20, 1x30, 1x40. Weights will be bumped up a bunch for these next time.

3 Rounds:
Smith Machine Toe Raises
SS w/ Seated Calf Raises

NOTES:
Great session today. Mind was right, and the body was ready. I am going to remove the piece of fruit from my first meal and substitute *green veggies w/ vinaigrette.* Hitting the 25-30 g of Dextrose 30 min before training did wonders and seems to be enough carbs.

Cardio tonight and starting my new ab session tomorrow.

FewL4no1
06-22-10, 4:50 pm
Wow. My girl's older brother sent me this video, and it totally kicked my ass today. I have decided that Abs are going to be incorporated a lot more into my routine, so this 8 Minute Ab routine will be done each morning between meals 1 and 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjTnBmCHTY

Other than that, no cardio last night so I could wake up early for my haircut. Cardio tonight and then Bis, Tris and Forearms tomorrow.

G Diesel
06-22-10, 5:03 pm
The title indicates that you have already learned one of life's great lessons. Words to live by.

Good luck on your journey my brother. Keep grinding it out.

Peace, G

FewL4no1
06-22-10, 5:24 pm
The title indicates that you have already learned one of life's great lessons. Words to live by.

Good luck on your journey my brother. Keep grinding it out.

Peace, G

Thank you for the kind words, G. As my mother likes to say, "How do you eat an elephant? Just take it one bite at a time."

FewL4no1
06-23-10, 3:20 pm
Stepped on the scales this morning, and I am down 30 lbs since the start of my diet in late April, and have 20 more to do to reach my goal of 265 lbs. If I get to that number faster than expected, I may change my goal to 250.

Cardio went great last night, and now more than ready to hit up arms today.

My quote for the day:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Steve48
06-23-10, 6:05 pm
April to Late June 30lbs Lost.........GREAT WORK!
Stay on the Grind

ontheEDGE
06-23-10, 8:19 pm
you got this keep rollin

FewL4no1
06-23-10, 8:47 pm
April to Late June 30lbs Lost.........GREAT WORK!
Stay on the Grind

you got this keep rollin

Thanks for the support fellas! I love those reminders of how great things can be when you truly embrace that grind.

FewL4no1
06-23-10, 8:56 pm
After the great news this morning, I felt fantastic hitting the weights today. I believe I have finally found the perfect diet for my goals right now, and just gotta keep with it....keep grinding it out.

4 Rounds:
Close Grip BB Bench Press
SS w/ Seated (no back) DB Curls

5 Rounds:
EZ-Bar Preacher Curls
SS w/ Behind the Back, DB Press

5 Rounds:
Straight Bar Pulley Bicep Curls
SS w/ Single Arm Tricep Pull Downs

3 Rounds:
Narrow Assisted Dips
SS w/ Standing DB Hammer Curls

3 Rounds:
BB Overhand Wrist Curls
SS w/ Single Arm DB Underhand Wrist Curls

NOTES:
First, I have to get to the gym earlier. I run into people I know, and I am just too nice to not stop and say hello. Second, my plan was to super set 3 tricep exercises together, and then another do a 3 bicep exercise super set, but with the place so busy, the equipment wasn't free. These are going to be two motivating factors to get me to the gym around 8-9am.

Legs tomorrow, so going to get cardio in a bit earlier tonight so I can be as fresh as possible for tomorrow. "Hell hath no fury....like fucking leg day!"

FewL4no1
06-26-10, 10:10 pm
What a terrible day. I was tempted to just vent about my day, but there would be no productive end to that, so I am going to list my session, and then try and problem solve so next week this doesn't happen.

Warm up:
4 sets Leg Ext & 4 sets Prone Leg Curl

2 Rounds:
BB Squats
SS w/ Hack Squats

3 Rounds:
Smith Machine Squats

(not even) 1 Round:
Leg Press

NOTES:
Many things went wrong today. I got in late, didn't warm up properly, didn't stretch, and haven't done anything physical the last 2 days. All of this, combined with my patellar tendonitis kicking in during my first squat session just ruined this day. I stopped doing BB squats and went to Smith, and although my knees and hips were in pain, I busted out a few working sets. 225 felt heavy today, which is absolutely ridiculous. I have been going balls to the walls on all of my upper body days, but on leg day I just can't bring myself to do it, whether it's the pain or just the lack of motivation. I dunno what it is. Maybe it's a combination of both. One thing is for sure, and that's things have to change or this problem will only persist:

-I am icing my knees as I type, and am going to ice them tonight before I go to bed, and then every night after cardio.
-I am going to learn some dynamic hip and knee stretch routines to do every morning, night, and before and after leg day.
-Chiropractor is happening on Monday. It is obvious that my hips need to be adjusted.
-Going to buy myself both patella wraps (they go directly below the knees) and knee wraps for squatting.
-Maybe change my routine up again and stay away from things that aggravate by tendonitis, such as BB Squats and Hack Squats. I will do varying feet placement exercises on leg press, and stick to the Smith Machine for squats.

TO ADD, anyone who has suffered with this issue and has found a way to work with it and overcome it, your advice will be much appreciated. With the weight loss diet, lots of treadmill cardio, and lack of leg strength, I just feel like my legs are taking the brunt of the damage, and it is sapping my confidence and my motivation. I guess you could literally say that I feel I am "spinning my wheels."

FewL4no1
06-28-10, 11:38 am
Well, since I have calmed down from my last post.....haha.....I had a great workout today. Woke up on my schedule, hit my Abs and Glute/Hammie stretches and hit the gym. My right should felt a little numb after some incline work, but I stretched it out well and got some good sets in. To add, I ordered myself the patella strap and knee wraps, so hopefully that will help curb my tendonitis when I do leg day. I have also done much more research on my squat form and technique, and will be spending time perfecting that. With my weak lower back and abs, it is very possible that my form has not been good, and there was extra pressure on my knees.

Anyways, here we go:

5 Rounds:
Incline DB Fly Press
SS w/ Pec Deck
SS w/ Assisted Dips

3 Rounds:
Incline BB Press
SS w/ Assisted Dips

3 Rounds:
Flat Bench Hammer Grip DB Press
SS w/ Flat DB Fly

Pec Deck Drop Set - ~ 12 sets in total

3 Rounds:
3 set Assisted Dips drop sets

NOTES:
My chest was feeling it before I even left the gym, so I know that I worked my chest well today. Felt a little tentative due to the numbing sensation in my right shoulder, but picked up the pace at the end.

I guess that the other day I was just reacting out of fear and not wanting my legs to take such a beating due to the diet and large amounts of cardio. The mental aspect of the diet and routine is learning to accept the good (fat loss) with the bad (strength and muscle size loss) -- which is how life basically is. It is not about where I was. It is not necessarily about where I want to be. Rather, this journey -- learning to 'Embrace the Grind' -- is accepting the fact that things are not going to go as planned. My expectations sometimes do not resemble reality, and trying to mesh the two together will only add undo stress by trying to control what I cannot control. Part of 'Embrace the Grind' is embracing the change and the unexpected. Once I accept that things are as they are, I will be better prepared to live in the moment and move forward from where I stand.

Thanks for your time, brothers. I hope you all had a great weekend.

Steve48
06-28-10, 4:14 pm
Great Job Bouncing Back and getting in a good workout.
Nothing wrong with easing your way into a Leg Routine so you're comfortable.
Absolutely nothing comes quick in this game so patience is required.

ontheEDGE
06-28-10, 5:51 pm
The mental aspect of the diet and routine is learning to accept the good (fat loss) with the bad (strength and muscle size loss) -- which is how life basically is. It is not about where I was. It is not necessarily about where I want to be. Rather, this journey -- learning to 'Embrace the Grind' -- is accepting the fact that things are not going to go as planned. My expectations sometimes do not resemble reality, and trying to mesh the two together will only add undo stress by trying to control what I cannot control. Part of 'Embrace the Grind' is embracing the change and the unexpected. Once I accept that things are as they are, I will be better prepared to live in the moment and move forward from where I stand.

Thanks for your time, brothers. I hope you all had a great weekend.

it's true. During this bulk some fat gain is discouraging but I need to stay the course too - "embrace". Keeps workin go straight ahead

FewL4no1
06-29-10, 2:27 pm
Great Job Bouncing Back and getting in a good workout.
Nothing wrong with easing your way into a Leg Routine so you're comfortable.
Absolutely nothing comes quick in this game so patience is required.

Absolutely man. With the new info I have obtained, my main goal will be to get my form down on my squats, while at the same time strengthening up my lower back and core so I can eventually go heavier without worrying about injuring myself.

And you are spot on about patience. If every day was a great day, then there would be no grind to embrace ;)

it's true. During this bulk some fat gain is discouraging but I need to stay the course too - "embrace". Keeps workin go straight ahead

Ahh yea man, the same thing happened here. I puffed up quite a bit when I was on my bulk, but it was definitely worth it. Shedding the fat now with all that extra muscle is just awesome! Keep up the hard work Edge, and thanks for stoppin by.

FewL4no1
06-29-10, 2:40 pm
A good day today. The workout lingered a bit, but I got my sets in and got a good burn in the back. The process is coming along slowly for my lower back, but just one day at a time and before I know it, I will be back to doing heavy deads and squats again with no fear of injury.

5 Rounds:
Overhand Grip Bent Over Rows
SS w/ Reverse Grip Lat Pulls

4 Rounds:
Low Rows
SS w/ Outside Grip Lat Pulls
SS w/ One Arm DB Rows

4 sets - Deadlifts
The lower back was feeling it, but I went pretty heavy and have no back pain. Going to ice my lower back along with my knees tonight

NOTES:
Not too many sets today, but quality over quantity was the motto for today. As I returned home, I realized I missed out on my back extensions, so I am going to add 3 sets into the session tomorrow.

Cardio tonight. Delts, Traps, Calves (with the added back extensions) tomorrow.

Steve48
06-30-10, 4:51 am
Solid Workout.....Lingering is Okay as long as you get the Sets in

FewL4no1
06-30-10, 10:35 am
Solid Workout.....Lingering is Okay as long as you get the Sets in

Yes sir. Feelings aren't facts, so I just have to grab the weights and start lifting, despite what my brain may be telling me.

FewL4no1
06-30-10, 10:42 am
Great workout today. Nothing special, nothing fancy. Just some good super sets and making up those back extensions I missed yesterday. Looking a bit leaner and seeing some veins pop out on shoulder shrugs, which is just plain secksie.

5 Rounds:
Seated Ahhnold Presses
SS w/ Lateral DB Raises
SS w/ DB Shoulder Shrugs

4 Rounds:
Smith Machine Shoulder Shrugs
SS w/ BB Upright Rows
SS w/ Front and Lateral Alternating DB Raises

Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises:
Drop Set - 1x20, 1x30, 1x40 <-- Very light today. Going to have to bump up the weight again.

Back Extensions - 3 sets

NOTES:
I could have gone faster and pushed myself more. Every day I hit the gym, I have to push myself to my limits in order to break them. As one of my favorite sweaters says, "Train Insane or Remain the Same." Cardio tonight, day off from the gym tomorrow.

Steve48
06-30-10, 7:22 pm
I find the workouts that I "Linger" on....when your brain is telling you to shut it down and go home and you somehow convince yourself to keep going - Are the Most Rewarding

FewL4no1
07-01-10, 4:55 am
I find the workouts that I "Linger" on....when your brain is telling you to shut it down and go home and you somehow convince yourself to keep going - Are the Most Rewarding

Agreed. In fact, in learning to 'Embrace the Grind' I have learned to embrace those moments as well, because as you said, they are the most rewarding.

I remember watching a video blog that had different interviews with very successful people that asked them their secret to success. On of the interviews was with Andre Agassi, and he quoted something his coach told him one day: "Get yourself tired. That's when you find out who you are and what you're made of (The second sentence is paraphrased a bit)." Those moments where it seems like nothing is going right, like I am just spinning my wheels and I feel as though what I am doing is just pointless -- those are the days that I have learned to Embrace. When you can fight through your own internal shit and get done what you want to get done, that is more gratifying then almost anything.

FewL4no1
07-03-10, 1:36 pm
Finally getting this up today....

5 Rounds:
Close-Grip BB Bench Press
SS w/ Incline DB Curls

5 Rounds:
EZ Bar Preacher Curls
SS w/ Overhead DB Tricep Extensions

4 Rounds:
Pulley Straight Bar Curls
SS w/ Overhead Rope Tricep Ext.

3 Rounds:
Standing Pulley Bicep Curls
SS w/ One Arm Pulley Tricep Ext.

FewL4no1
07-03-10, 1:43 pm
Got my new gear to day for legs: infrapatellar strap and knee wraps. Absolutely no knee pain or popping at any point during the routine. What was holding me back was my lack of lower back, abdominal and hip/glute strength. Taking it day by day and working on strengthening those up.

BB Squats: 6 sets x 10-1 rep. Working on good form, and it made a huge difference today. The weight was up a bunch from last week and no knee pain at all.

Leg Presses: 5 x 20-10

Smith SLDLs: 4 x 12-8

Prone Leg Curls: 5 x 20-10

Leg Exts: 5 x 20-12

NOTES:
A great day. I have found a remedy to my knee pain: proper squat technique along with the new gear. I believe that my improper form was aggravated by trying to "burn through" my workout, so I was more concerned with getting in sets than good sets.

From now on until (at least) the end of summer, it is going to be about form, form, form. Once I have perfected my squat technique, then I will start piling on the weights. This will be in sync with the start of my next bulk as well.

FewL4no1
07-18-10, 5:30 pm
Been MIA for a while. Went on vacation to visit the girl, which was fun and stressful at the same time. I made sure to stick to the diet and hit up the weights and cardio consistently, and am now back home and back in my groove.

Hittin up arms here shortly, and will have a report in a few hours. Glad to be back to the FORVM!

FewL4no1
07-19-10, 2:02 am
Went in feeling great today. Have cheated a bit on the diet in the last week, but started back strong yesterday, and hit the gym with a vengeance today. Also got some motivational speeches on my mp3 player, which definitely helped get the blood in the brain, along with that in the body, flowing.

5 Rounds:
Close-grip bench press
SS w/ Hammer grip assisted pull-ups

4 Rounds:
Preacher EZ Bar Curls
SS w/ Overhead DB Tricep Ext.

4 Rounds:
Straight Bar Pulley Curls
SS w/ One Arm Tricep Pull-downs

4 Rounds:
Assisted narrow-grip dips
SS w/ Standing pulley bicep curls

2 Rounds:
BB Overhand wrist curls
SS w/ DB Underhand Wrist curls

NOTES:
Great workout. Just got done with an hour of cardio, so hitting the sack soon and then legs tomorrow.

Steve48
07-20-10, 6:55 pm
How is the Diet Going??

FewL4no1
07-21-10, 12:38 pm
How is the Diet Going??

Hey Steve, it is going well. Had an almost week long span of a cheat meal per day, but am back on the diet full force. Although the progress could have been a bit more if I didn't cheat, my body was in need of a break, especially since this is my first time on such a low carb diet. I am still getting used to the physical and emotional ups and downs. It sucks, but nothing worth doing in life is easy.

FewL4no1
07-21-10, 12:45 pm
Felt great going into the gym today, and did Good Mornings for the first time today. Thankfully, I don't have to do cardio tonight haha.

Leg Ext:
5 x 20-10

Squats:
6 x 10-2.
Got 2 reps of 365 today, and only got 1 rep last time, so it is nice to see my strength maintain and go up a bit.

Leg Press:
3 x 15-10

Good Mornings:
4 x 12-6.
Wow, I love these. These will be permanently replacing my SLDLs for the time being, as I now realize that I have hamstrings and yes, they can be more sore than my quads ;)

One-Legged Prone Leg Curls:
5 x 12-8

Seated Leg Curls:
4 x 15-10

NOTES:
As I said above, Good Mornings are now a staple in my routine. It will be great for working my lower back as well as my hamstrings. It is (and why I like it) a textbook non-ego lift, and if you try and go heavy, you will fuck something up. Walking tomorrow is going to be a fun adventure.

No cardio tonight and a day off from the weights tomorrow. Going to relax and feed my legs tonight.

FewL4no1
07-22-10, 11:47 am
Woke up and was feeling good, so decided to train chest this morning.

5 Rounds:
Incline DB Fly Presses
SS w/ Assisted Dips

Incline BB Press:
5 x 12-5

Pec Deck:
5 x 15-8

Assisted Dips:
3 x 12-8

NOTES:
Nothing spectacular today. Ran into a few friends and decided to chat more than lift, which was good for my rhetorical skills, but not so great for my training session.

Cardio tonight and back tomorrow. Will be replacing dead lifts with back extensions, as my improvement of lower back strength must take priority.

FewL4no1
07-23-10, 4:25 pm
5 Rounds:
Machine Rows
SS w/ Machine Hammer-Grip Pulldowns

Underhand grip Bent-over Rows:
4 x 12-6

5 Rounds:
Assisted Wide-Grip Pull ups
SS w/ One-Arm DB Rows

Back Extensions
6 x 12-6

NOTES:
Good day today. I am putting much more of my focus towards strengthening my lower back on my Back days so when my bulk comes around again I will not have to worry about spending weeks out of the gym from pulling something.

Still have to do abs later today and then cardio tonight. EMBRACE THE GRIND.

FewL4no1
07-24-10, 4:34 pm
I can definitely tell that tomorrow is my refeed day haha. Was very sluggish and flat today but I did what I needed to do and got in my working sets.

3 Rounds:
Smith Military Presses
SS w/ Lateral Raises

5 Rounds:
Smith Shrugs
SS w/ DB Military Presses

Upright Rows:
3 x 12-8

NOTES:
Not a very productive day, but hey, not everyday is going to be the best day I have ever had. The goal of this thread -- Embrace the Grind -- is about embracing the good along with the bad. Without one there would not be the other.

Cardio and Abs tonight and then a day off from the weights tomorrow along with my refeed. The goal for tonight is going to be to grind through the sluggishness and get my shit done so I can fully enjoy tomorrow.

Steve48
07-24-10, 10:57 pm
You're right if every workout was spectacular then there would be no grind....embracing the grind and overcoming it half the battle and the fun

FewL4no1
07-26-10, 5:32 pm
You're right if every workout was spectacular then there would be no grind....embracing the grind and overcoming it half the battle and the fun

Exactly man. Without the dark, there is no light. Without the bad, there is no good. Realistic perspective is what keeps a man happy.

FewL4no1
07-26-10, 5:35 pm
Felt much better today after that carb up yesterday and hit the gym strong.

4 Rounds:
Close-grip BB Bench Press
SS w/ Hammer Curls

5 Rounds:
Cable Tricep Pushdowns
SS w/ DB Curls

5 Rounds:
Single Arm Tricep Pulldowns
SS w/ Cable Straight Bar Curls

NOTES:
Short and sweet today. Cardio tonight and then Legs tomorrow.

FewL4no1
07-28-10, 8:43 pm
What a good day today. Was feelin like shit yesterday and didn't go in, and I think the day off was warranted, because I hit my stride in the weight room today. Didn't go that heavy on squat, but had great form and can really feel the burn in my quads right now. It's a great feeling knowing that you worked hard without sustaining injury. This patellar tendon strap is a godsend.

Leg Extensions:
5 x 30-20

BB Squats:
5 x 10-7

Good Mornings:
4 x 12-7

Leg Presses:
5 x 15-4

Prone Leg Curls
4 x 12, 10, 5, 9. Bumped up weight on the last set and REALLY felt the squeeze. A great way to end it.

NOTES:
Nothing fancy, but got a great burn in both my quads and hammies. Going in really late today allowed me to run into some friends that hadn't seen me in a while and they all commented on how much weight I had lost. Definitely a great motivation going forward!

R&R for my wheels tonight, and then a day off from the weights tomorrow with cardio tomorrow night.

"When going through hell, keep going."

ontheEDGE
07-29-10, 9:25 am
Always good to get a leg work out your proud of. I can't believe some dudes I know don't ever work out their legs!!! Ive told them they are missing out but...

Steve48
07-29-10, 6:48 pm
Nice Job Hitting the Legs Hard - Always Nice when people notice your weight loss

FewL4no1
07-30-10, 7:39 pm
Always good to get a leg work out your proud of. I can't believe some dudes I know don't ever work out their legs!!! Ive told them they are missing out but...

Do we go to the same gym? haha. I love when people tell me, "I don't do legs because it hurts my knees." Then, of course, you ask them, "Well, why do you think your knees hurt?" They then make the connection, and then resort to, "I am not a bodybuilder, so I don't NEED to do legs." That's like saying, "I'm not a track athlete, so I don't NEED to run/do high intensity cardio."

Anyways, /end rant.

In the end, I want people to look at my upper body and go, "Damn, he looks good." And then look at my lower body and yell, "HOLY SHIT!!!" haha

Nice Job Hitting the Legs Hard - Always Nice when people notice your weight loss

Yea man, it was a great feeling to have people at the gym notice. I now know I am doing something right haha.

FewL4no1
07-30-10, 7:57 pm
A good day today. Went in feeling good and rested after the day off yesterday, and threw in a few drop sets at the end of my routine. Unfortunately, with getting deeper into this diet I find that the level of intensity never peaks for me. It is more about pacing, pushing myself, and getting in good working sets in the time I allot myself.

5 sets:
Cable Flies

5 rounds:
Incline BB Press
SS w/ Pec Deck

4 Rounds:
Incline DB Fly Press
SS w/ Assisted Dips

Drop Set:
Assisted Dips x 6 sets

Drop Set +1:
Pec Deck @ 5 reps x 140, 120, 100, 90, 80, 70, 60, 120

NOTES:
Damn, that pec deck drop set was brutal, and my chest was burnt to a crisp after I was done. Cardio tonight and then going to sleep a ton so I have the energy for a worthwhile back session tomorrow. I am still staying away from the heavy deads and focusing on Back Extensions. It's paying dividends as well, since I am waking up with less lower back pain and stiffness.

"The strongest steel is forged in the hottest flame."

FewL4no1
08-01-10, 4:48 pm
I am going to take at least off from the weights, maybe longer. It has been a long time coming, and I know that currently my body is over-trained and needs a break. I am going to continue with abs in the morning and light cardio in the evening, but no lifting for a while.

When I return I am going to switch up my routine, most likely to a 6 day split, with 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 1 day off. Details will come when I return. As for now, time to recharge everything as well as getting ready for school this fall.

ontheEDGE
08-01-10, 10:49 pm
enjoy the break. it will only make you better when you come back

FewL4no1
08-09-10, 9:42 am
Finally back in the gym after a much needed week off and got a great chest day in today without missing a beat. Even threw in several drop sets at the end to really burn out the pecs.

4 Rounds:
Incline DB Fly Presses
SS w/ Assisted Dips

4 Rounds:
Incline BB Press
SS w/ Pec Deck
SS w/ Cable Flies

2 Rounds:
DB Pull-overs
SS w/ Assisted Dips

Drop Set @ 5 reps:
Assisted dips x 6: 112.5, 120, 127.5, 135, 142.5, 150

Drop Set @ 5 reps:
Pec Deck x 5: 140, 120, 100, 80, 60

Drop Set @ 5 reps (with a spotter):
Pec Deck x 6: 120, 110, 100, 90, 80, 120

NOTES:
What a great comeback day. Not only was I physically refreshed, but taking my mind off of the gym and not having the daily hyper-analyzed training sessions allowed me to recuperate psychologically. I have gained a few pounds while being off, but I have no doubt I will get back down to my original weight by the end of the week, if not even lower.

Abs and cardio this evening, and then Back tomorrow. Good to be back! (no pun intended)

Steve48
08-09-10, 1:31 pm
Coming Back Refreshed and Nailing your workout is the definition of a Great Day!

FewL4no1
08-10-10, 2:34 pm
Coming Back Refreshed and Nailing your workout is the definition of a Great Day!

Absolutely man! It was a great feeling knowing that the week off was well spent, on top of showing myself that taking a necessary week off won't set me back. With school starting up again for me, I will be prepared to take necessary time off to focus on studies.

FewL4no1
08-10-10, 2:45 pm
Another great day in the weight room. This may sound a bit obvious, but having a precise workout routine - the exact order of the workout and how many sets and reps - can be very beneficial. When I have those days where the grind is more than usual, I can take my mind away from it all and focus just on each workout, each set, each rep, each second I squeeze the muscle. Once I lay my path in front of me, it is just a matter of stepping up and doin' the work.

5 Rounds:
T-Bar Rows
SS w/ Hammer Grip Pull-Downs

5 Rounds:
Overhand Grip Low Rows
SS w/ One-Arm DB Rows
SS w/ Assisted Pull-ups

Back Extensions:
6 x 12-7

Drop Set @ 8 reps:
Lat Pull-downs x 5: 120, 110, 100, 90, 80

Drop Set @ 8 reps:
Low Rows x 5: 140, 130, 120, 110, 100

NOTES:
I am loving these drop sets at the end of my workouts. I analogize it to squeezing that last bit of toothpaste out of the bottle: there isn't going to be a shred of energy left in me when I exit the weight room haha. The back is starting to feel better and better as I progress with the back extensions and abdominal work. I am very excited to finish up this diet with a much stronger lower back so I can hit some heavy deads when my "bulk" arrives again.

Abdominals and cardio tonight, with delts, traps and calves tomorrow.

ontheEDGE
08-10-10, 5:21 pm
Short n sweet days are sometimes the best. Just had a back day that felt like it went quick, but I was fried. Awesome.

FewL4no1
08-11-10, 6:45 pm
Short n sweet days are sometimes the best. Just had a back day that felt like it went quick, but I was fried. Awesome.

I can't agree more with you OTE. My main goal in the gym is to maximize volume in the shortest amount of time possible, which yields the best results for me.

FewL4no1
08-11-10, 6:57 pm
Another great day in the gym. I could get used to this trend. School is starting up here in a few weeks, so hopefully I can drop another 10 lbs before school starts and reach 270 before the start of the school year.

5 Rounds:
Arnold DB Presses
SS w/ Lateral DB Raises
SS w/ DB Shoulder Shrugs

4 Rounds:
BB Upright Rows
SS w/ Front + Lateral Alternating DB Raises

Calf Circuit:
Stand Calf raises - 1x20, 1x30, 1x40
Seated Calf raises - 3 x 15-10
Standing Toe Raises - 3 x 15-10

Drop Set @ 8 reps:
'Overhead Press' Machine x 5: 70, 65 (6 reps), 60, 55, 50

NOTES:
My shoulders were destroyed when I left the gym today. That 'overhead press' machine was new to me and it killed my delts. The two "arms" that are gripped to move the weight can move laterally, so I had to control the movement of them along with pressing the weight. It is a great machine that I will be incorporating into my workout again in the future.

Abs and cardio tonight, and then a day off from the gym tomorrow.

“Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive.” ~ Gerard Way

ontheEDGE
08-11-10, 8:15 pm
I can't agree more with you OTE. My main goal in the gym is to maximize volume in the shortest amount of time possible, which yields the best results for me.

I can tell - you are the super set master lol. Im pressed for time also each workout. I used to hate it but now it makes me focus on each set as to not waste any.

Firedrake
08-12-10, 12:47 am
I just saw your Journey, and thought I'd drop in -- I liked the title!

You're putting in some solid work, bro! The shoulders are going to be feeling today's session for a couple of days!

FewL4no1
08-13-10, 2:47 pm
I can tell - you are the super set master lol. Im pressed for time also each workout. I used to hate it but now it makes me focus on each set as to not waste any.

Haha yea man, I love it. I am the same as you and wanted to shorten up my gym time, and this works perfect for me. It wasn't my main motivation, but the benefit of an extra hour in the day is great.

I just saw your Journey, and thought I'd drop in -- I liked the title!

You're putting in some solid work, bro! The shoulders are going to be feeling today's session for a couple of days!

Great to have you stop by, drake! And thanks for the compliment on the title. I try to be creative haha.

The front delts were definitely not liking the arm workout today haha, but they need to shut up and stop whining :D

FewL4no1
08-13-10, 2:58 pm
I was feelin strong after a day off from the weights yesterday and had a great session. I switched up my forearm work a little bit, so hopefully I will be cramping up much more tonight ;)

5 Rounds:
BB Close-Grip Bench Press
SS w/ Standing DB Curls
SS w/ Standing One-arm overhead DB Press

5 Rounds:
EZ-Bar Preacher Curl
SS w/ Narrow grip Assisted Dips

4 Rounds:
Straight Bar Pulley Bicep Curls
SS w/ One-Arm Pulley Tricep Ext

3 Rounds:
BB Reverse Wrist Curls
SS w/ Straight Bar Pulley Reverse Curls

NOTES:
Whew, what a day. Arms are lookin better and better and catching up nicely to my other body parts.

With school on the horizon, I am contemplating various ways to lessen the days in my training routine per week while still training everything. I have considered just condensing my workouts into 3 days a week, with cardio on off days. Another thought is to do a combination of Strongman and Crossfit stuff. My girl's older brother has been training for the marines and has been doing Crossfit and I am very intrigued. Combining that with some strongman routines would be fun and a new challenge for me.

I still have a few weeks to think about it, and I probably won't decide anything after I get my schedule for school down. Any advice or tips you guys have would be great.

mcbeast
08-13-10, 3:09 pm
Crossfit can be pretty challenging, if thats your thing. Overall, what are your goals? See If I can think of something to help you out.

FewL4no1
08-13-10, 3:22 pm
Crossfit can be pretty challenging, if thats your thing. Overall, what are your goals? See If I can think of something to help you out.

My goals have been that of a bodybuilder. First I was "bulking." Now, I have been on a diet to drop the fat.

I want to switch to more overall fitness and strength, as well as provide myself with a new and exciting challenge. I can honestly say I am getting a bit bored with bodybuilding-style training, and I want to broaden my scope.

If you can come up with anything for me EXCESSIVE, that would be great.

FewL4no1
08-15-10, 8:01 pm
I am switching up my diet a bit due to massive amounts of fatigue lately. The diet has served me well up to this point, but I am going to tweak it just a bit so I don't run myself ragged so quickly. I am going to add 54g oatmeal to my diet - 27g with meal 2 (pre-WO) and then 27g with my post-WO shake. My "cheat" day will still come on Sunday, with my total carbs being at 200g.

Breakdown of the new diet:

Meal 1: 6 oz chicken breast, green leafy veggies, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette, Pak, joint supp, 3g fish oil

Meal 2: 6 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3 liver tabs, 3g fish oil

Pre-WO Shake: 1 scoop whey, 15g Dextrose

TRAIN (Storm, 2g green tea, 200mg caffeine)

Post-WO Shake: 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp natty PB, 10g Glutamine, 5g Creatine, 5g BCAAs

Meal 3: 6 oz chicken breast, green leafy veggies, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette, 3 liver tabs, 3g fish oil

Meal 4: 2 scoops whey, 1 tbsp natty PB, 3 liver tabs, 3g fish oil

Meal 5: 6 oz chicken breast, green leafy veggies, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette, 3 liver tabs, 3g fish oil, evening Multi, joint supp

CARDIO (2g green tea)

Meal 6 (post-cardio): 2 scoops whey, 1 tbsp natty PB, 3 liver tabs, 3g fish oil, 5g Glutamine, 5g BCAAs

Meal 7 (pre-bed): 1 scoop Universal Egg & Milk protein

-----------------------------------------------

Protein: 430g (1720 cals)
Carbs: 95g (380 cals)
Fats: 100g (900 cals)
TOTAL: 3000 cals

This works out perfectly, as my recommended fat loss numbers hover around 3200 cals for my physical activity level, height (6'2") and weight (280).

FewL4no1
08-15-10, 8:12 pm
The lower back was giving me trouble today, so I was unable to do Good Mornings. I need to get in the habit of doing my hamstring stretches so this doesn't happen to me again and circumvent my leg day.

Leg Extensions:
5 x 20-15

BB Squats:
5 x warm-up sets
5 x 8-5

Leg Press:
4 x 12-5

Prone Leg Curls:
4 x 15-8

Smith SLDLs:
4 x 12-6

NOTES:
I am not happy with how my leg days look compared to my upper body days. I feel like an upper body whore to be honest :/. But, taking it slow and getting quality sets in is better then going crazy and messing up my knees or lower back I guess.

I just have to wake up every morning and remind myself, "You DO NOT want to be a chicken legged weiner kid, so go do your abs and hammie stretches!" Maybe I'll try and get Kirk Karwoski's number, and then he can call me every morning and yell at me :D

No cardio tonight, but I still get to do abs. Chest tomorrow.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." ~ Teddy Roosevelt

Firedrake
08-15-10, 9:10 pm
Taking it slow, doing your stretches, building your core strength and protecting your back are all part of the game. I'm the poster boy for bad backs -- I had major surgery three years ago to have mine rebuilt. Trust me, you DON'T want to go there.

Work your legs carefully - bad knees are no fun, either -- this is a marathon, not a sprint, but it DOES involve consistency and continued effort and progress.

Solid work, nonetheless.

FewL4no1
08-15-10, 9:45 pm
Taking it slow, doing your stretches, building your core strength and protecting your back are all part of the game. I'm the poster boy for bad backs -- I had major surgery three years ago to have mine rebuilt. Trust me, you DON'T want to go there.

Work your legs carefully - bad knees are no fun, either -- this is a marathon, not a sprint, but it DOES involve consistency and continued effort and progress.

Solid work, nonetheless.

Thanks a bunch, drake. It seems you have articulated exactly how I feel about the process, and it's nice to know that my problem is (mostly) in my head.

Like the title of my Journey says, I have to keep grinding to the place I want to be. It is frustrating position I am currently at, but I just gotta take it one step at a time.

Thank you for your wisdom and sharing your story. It's always welcome :)

FewL4no1
08-16-10, 6:37 pm
Felt great heading in today. I was accepted to the local private four year college, so all I have to do is setup my classes and I am good to go! It sounds crazy, but I can't wait for school to start up. It's kind of like being out of the weight room for a while: I feel like my IQ is shrinking haha.

Anyways, onto the workout:

5 Rounds:
BB Bench Press
SS w/ Assisted Dips

5 Rounds:
DB Incline Press Flies
SS w/ Pec Deck

Drop Set:
BB Incline Press: 175x5, 165x5, 155x4, 145x2, 135x2

Drop Set +1 @ 5 reps:
Pec Deck: 140, 130, 120, 110, 100, 140

NOTES:
The drop set on incline kicked my ass today, and it set up at killer pec deck drop set that finished off my chest nicely. I have packed on about 3 lbs with taking a few days off and eating like shit, but I expect to be back down to at least 280 by the end of the week. If not, I will cut out the 1/2 of oats in my meal 2 (pre-WO).

Abs and cardio tonight, with back coming tomorrow. I also have my hammie stretches to finish up today as well. I need to make sure to get these in after meal 1 from now on.

FewL4no1
08-30-10, 6:48 pm
Hey fellas!

After a few weeks of off-and-on lifting and taking a break from the diet, I am back and hitting it hard. I was accepted to the local four-year school and classes started today, so everything is on-track in my life, and stress levels have dropped tremendously. I am switching and doing cardio in the morning after abs and hamstring stretches, with a light shake with some glutamine and BCAAs pre-cardio as to have more time in my schedule. Now, on to legs:

Great day today. Actually got some supersets for my legs in and my quads were burnin when I left the gym today.

4 Rounds:
BB Squats
SS w/ BB Good Mornings

BB Squats (heavy):
295 x 3, 325 x 3, 350 x 2

5 Rounds:
Leg Press
SS w/ Smith SLDLs

Legs Curls:
5 x 12-5

1 x 10-10-2-20's

NOTES:
The 10-10-2-20s are a modification on the leg extension machine I have had for a while (I may have gotten the idea on the FORVM). It was a great way to kill the quads at the end of the workout.

Great to be back hittin the weights strong and puttin up some good numbers. I am still on the road to 265, so once I hit that, I will assess where I am at and either start another "bulk," or I may decide to switch up my routine to more CrossFit stuff. Time will tell.

FewL4no1
09-01-10, 5:28 pm
Shit.

I pulled my left tricep on the lateral head today, so I had to jet after about 5 sets of work. I am going to ice it every 2 hours for 20 minutes and stocking up on the ibuprofen for the rest of the night. I will check it tomorrow and may go in to do some back depending upon how it feels.

Otherwise, I am loving the cardio and abs in the morning. I just have to stop taking caffeine because it is making me feel nauseous after I am done.

Steve48
09-01-10, 6:50 pm
Congrats on Getting into College......Hope you are feeling better

Firedrake
09-02-10, 12:15 am
There are colleges in Nebraska?!?!?! <grin> (Hey, I can make jokes: I'm originally from Alabama -- the state that's only not the butt of jokes that Mississippi is. . .)

Seriously -- congrats. Nice job.

The lifting looks pretty good, too. Solid squatting -- good luck with that tricep!

FewL4no1
09-03-10, 5:37 pm
Congrats on Getting into College......Hope you are feeling better

I am. It was weird, the next day it was completely fine. I guess it was just one of those days :) And thank you. Feels great to be pounding away at the books again, growing my head muscle along with the rest of em.

There are colleges in Nebraska?!?!?! <grin> (Hey, I can make jokes: I'm originally from Alabama -- the state that's only not the butt of jokes that Mississippi is. . .)

Seriously -- congrats. Nice job.

The lifting looks pretty good, too. Solid squatting -- good luck with that tricep!

Haha I know man, I was shocked too! ;) And Bama, huh? You an Auburn or Tide fan?

And thank you, my legs just felt awesome that day, and the tricep is already back to normal.

FewL4no1
09-03-10, 5:43 pm
I was a busy man yesterday, so I didn't have time to post this until today. Here we go:

5 Rounds:
Bent-over rows
SS w/ One Arm DB Rows (left side only; My right lat is much bigger than my left, which has really been an issue for a long time, so I am slowly trying to bring my left one up.)

5 Rounds:
Mid-Grip Lat Pull-downs
SS w/ Low Rows

Deadlifts:
225x2, 275x2, 315x2, 365x1, 420x1 (Most I have done since I pulled my back last summer)

NOTES:
Felt great to finally pull up some heavy deads again. I pulled my back last summer doing diamond deads and was bed ridden for 2 days, which sucked. I can tell that the ab work, back extensions and hamstring stretches have already helped out significantly with my lower back strength. Amazingly, this increase in strength has come while also dieting down, which is an unexpected outcome, to be sure. Let's hope this can continue while I am still droppin some pounds.

FewL4no1
09-03-10, 5:47 pm
Whew. Has my last class of the day and then hit the gym for shoulders. The least I can say is that I was motivated to get this day over with and start to enjoy my 3-day weekend.

5 Rounds:
DB Arnold Presses
SS w/ Lateral DB Raises
SS w/ DB Shrugs

4 Rounds:
BB Upright Rows
SS w/ Reverse DB Raises

Seated Calf Raises:
3 x 15-10

NOTES:
A great workout to lead me into my day off tomorrow. My schedule for school is perfect for my lifting routine and so far all has been going smoothly. Just got kick some ass this weekend on school work so it won't pile up on me later.

Cardio and Abs tomorrow, and back to the gym for Arms on Sunday.

FewL4no1
09-06-10, 1:19 pm
Forgot to post this one, so here we go:

5 Rounds:
BB Close Grip Bench (Last set a drop set)
SS w/ Standing DB Curls

5 Rounds:
Seated Preachers EZ Bar Curls
SS w/ Overhead DB Press

5 Rounds:
Rope Pull downs
SS w/ Straight Bar Pulley Curls

FewL4no1
09-06-10, 1:26 pm
Whew, what a day. No class today, so I got to hit the gym early and destroy my wheels. I was aiming for 405 on squat when I entered....

Leg Extensions:
5 x 30-15

BB Squats:
5 working sets, last two sets: 365 x 1 (belt only), 405 x 0 (belt and knee wraps). The weight was just too heavy. Next week will be high reps.

Leg Press:
5 working sets, last set: 1020 x 5. Next week this is going to be my last exercise, and I am going to do a drop set starting at 990. Can't wait.

Good Mornings, 4 working sets.

Leg Curls, 2 working sets. My right hammy attachment at the knee had this sharp sensation after a few reps, so I stopped. Probably beaten up after the GM's

10-10-2-20's, 1 set. Again, these destroyed my quads before I left.

NOTES:
Overall a great day. Was bummed I didn't get the 405, but another day shall come. I plan on starting my leg routine next week with leg ext, then leg curls, then good mornings, and then moving to squats. Last week I felt fantastic doing Squats SSed with my GM's, and I believe it was because they loosened up my lower back and hammies so I wasn't so tight on squats. So, hammies are coming first next week to see if they limber me up for squatting.

Back to class tomorrow, but a day off from the gym. Cardio and Abs tmrw morning.

Steve48
09-06-10, 1:54 pm
Great Leg Workout - 405 will come!

ontheEDGE
09-06-10, 3:58 pm
Hard work on that leg day bro. Like he said that 405 will come, keep pushing.

FewL4no1
09-15-10, 12:40 pm
Great Leg Workout - 405 will come!

Thanks Steve. Just finished up my leg day again yesterday and got some high rep squats in. Felt damn good to bust through those challenging high reps.

Hard work on that leg day bro. Like he said that 405 will come, keep pushing.

Will do OTE, thanks for the support. School has been keeping me busy, but the workouts are still coming along nicely.

FewL4no1
09-15-10, 12:44 pm
Hello brothers,

I have been extremely busy with school, so I haven't had time to keep this updated. I have kept up with the workouts - I had legs yesterday - and am taking a day off today with chest to come tomorrow. Weight loss was a lot less then what I was shooting for last week: I was aiming for 270 and was only 275. I am going to bust some ass this week and hit that 270, if not more. I was confiding in my brother about this and he told me, "If you are not suffering, then you are not going to have that extreme weight loss you desire." So, time for me to do some serious suffering this week :)

If all goes as planned I will have my log up tmrw after Chest.