PDA

View Full Version : calve muscle belly

Joseph V
06-20-10, 1:51 pm
i have asked about this topic a few months ago, but i was just left with one question in mind...

by stretching the calve between sets, and reps, can you slighty increase the length or muscle belly of the calve?

_Trainlikeafreak
06-20-10, 3:52 pm
I asked a trainer the same thing. Told me its not true; the muscle cannot grow in length by stretching. You can only get it bigger or leaner.

fawaz
06-20-10, 4:28 pm
no not realy

Joseph V
06-21-10, 1:30 am
o wow..because i mean 6 months ago i thought mymuscle belly for the calve was small,..but as the calve got bigger, and the fat was dropping in that area..i was noticing more length to it

6 months ago i had smallll calves ( 12 inches )..6 months later ( now )..my calves are 15 inches..its now my new favorite body part to train,..i have to go real heavy which is the fun part

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 10:42 am
o wow..because i mean 6 months ago i thought mymuscle belly for the calve was small,..but as the calve got bigger, and the fat was dropping in that area..i was noticing more length to it

6 months ago i had smallll calves ( 12 inches )..6 months later ( now )..my calves are 15 inches..its now my new favorite body part to train,..i have to go real heavy which is the fun part

3 inches of growth in 6 months is no joke. I suggest keep doing what your doing, something is going right!

Joseph V
06-22-10, 2:29 am
3 inches of growth in 6 months is no joke. I suggest keep doing what your doing, something is going right!

idk chris, i sure do hope to attain your calves one day down the road...

all i really did was just go as heavy as possible for as long as i can with 10-15 seconds of rest at maximum since the calves tend to recover as one fothe fasyesy bodyparts i believe ..