PDA

View Full Version : Humane Supps?

Howitzer
06-23-10, 2:47 am
So here's a question posed for those in the know: is the beef liver in the Uni-Liver supplement derived from processed cows (ie, slaughtered cows) or is it a harvested product like bear bile? I'm assuming it's from fully processed cows due to humane laws, but I don't know for sure. Call me a bleeding heart if you want, but I think it can only help the Animal Image.

Your brother in iron.

Beowulf
06-23-10, 10:31 am
So here's a question posed for those in the know: is the beef liver in the Uni-Liver supplement derived from processed cows (ie, slaughtered cows) or is it a harvested product like bear bile? I'm assuming it's from fully processed cows due to humane laws, but I don't know for sure. Call me a bleeding heart if you want, but I think it can only help the Animal Image.

Your brother in iron.

I have clue Howitzer, and I may be wrong on this, but I really don't think there are many people who buy Animal supplements who are concerned in this way. Maybe I'm wrong. These kinds of consumers tend to shop at Whole Foods and try to leave a smaller carbon footprint, etc.

Howitzer
06-23-10, 10:40 am
I feel you Beowulf. While food, supplements, and eating are not necessarily graceful tasks for me, I do think there is something very personal about it all. You're shoveling something into your mouth. Your body is making it a part of you. At some point, even us Animals for whom food has a purpose beyond the basic "survival" and "pleasure" have to ask "where does it all come from?" if for no other reasons than to appreciate the work that went into bringing it to our mouths and to be informed about what we are packing into our bodies.

Your brother in iron.

Beowulf
06-23-10, 10:47 am
I feel you Beowulf. While food, supplements, and eating are not necessarily graceful tasks for me, I do think there is something very personal about it all. You're shoveling something into your mouth. Your body is making it a part of you. At some point, even us Animals for whom food has a purpose beyond the basic "survival" and "pleasure" have to ask "where does it all come from?" if for no other reasons than to appreciate the work that went into bringing it to our mouths and to be informed about what we are packing into our bodies.

Your brother in iron.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you and I'd like to believe that strip steak I'm going to grill tonight was processed from a cow in a humane way, or that chicken breast I'm going to bake tomorrow was raised humanely on a gentle farm. Truth is, I've seen enough viral videos to know that isn't the case. It's sad but true.

Funky
06-23-10, 11:22 am
It is called the circle of life and luckily in this circle Funky is at the top and eats everything else! If I were not at the top I would have an issue but I am so...... More than likely since it says they are taken from Argentinian grass fed beef they are made in a processing plant just like most all food that come from cows!

Howitzer
06-23-10, 12:15 pm
I figure you're right Funky. A friend of mine and fellow bodybuilder put it this way: bro, that meat in the packet is dead. If you don't eat it, someone else will, and if they don't eat it, then the meat is going to go to waste. Thinking about it more though, I think you guys are right. If the supplement is coming from the same plant as say, their beef aminos supp is coming from, then it would follow that the whole cow is being processed.