PDA

View Full Version : Just Do It

Pages : [1] 2

weedlewott
06-24-10, 12:18 pm
So I'm back in here. I know I've made a couple posts here and there over the past few months talking about how I was going to be back soon and all this and that. But I would find myself making excuses as to why I couldn't come and go to the gym as I should. I found reasons to not stick to a diet, a routine, cardio, vitamin intake, pretty much everything under the sun. And I've never been on to make excuses for shit. I've got a job. I've got income, a paid membership, transportation, and clothes. Anyone see a reason why I couldn't do what needed to be done? If you do, tell me. If you agree, please tell me. But for now, I'm saying me either. All the bull shit is packed away. I won't say I've got a new drive. The drive has always been there, along with the motivation. So to say that would be a lie. I'm just finished making excuses... First workout. Legs. Routine will be updated later. For now, here it is:

1 Mile Run 7:43

Legs
Squats
135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 8
315 x 3 Felt really weak, so I racked it. I'll make my way back. Trust me.

Ham Blasters
3 sets of 10

Single Leg Press
2pps x 10 (3 sets)

Calf Presses
Single, 3 sets of 20 w/2pps
Double, 1 set, 30 reps, 3pps

Lying Ham Curls
60 x 10 per leg
120 x 10
130 x 10

Abs
50 weighted Sit Ups

Leg Extensions
150 x 15 x 3

There it is. I need to push myself harder, work harder, and think less. Nike had it right the first time.

"Just Do It"

wedge
06-24-10, 1:11 pm
Welcome back. There is work to be done.

Firedrake
06-24-10, 2:30 pm
Welcome back, brother! It's great to see you hitting it again! Don't worry so much about the "why" it took you awhile to get things back together to get in the gym. The point is, you're here! You're back to getting The Work done.

For a first session back, that was a helluva leg session! You're going to be feeling that for a day or two. I know you enjoy the pain, so you're going to be in hog heaven! <grin>

Blow it up!

Subbed, of course!

mritter3
06-24-10, 2:31 pm
glad to see your back around here bud...nice start..def. subbed.

weedlewott
06-24-10, 6:47 pm
Welcome back. There is work to be done.
Yes, Sir. There most definitely is. I'm back in the game. Excuses get you nowhere but fat.

Welcome back, brother! It's great to see you hitting it again! Don't worry so much about the "why" it took you awhile to get things back together to get in the gym. The point is, you're here! You're back to getting The Work done.

For a first session back, that was a helluva leg session! You're going to be feeling that for a day or two. I know you enjoy the pain, so you're going to be in hog heaven! <grin>

Blow it up!

Subbed, of course!
Much appreciated, Jim. You know where I stand for the most part. I'm just getting my head right, doing what needs to be done in the gym. I bought a bike so I can't BS my cardio at the gym. Just ride it there and back and still hit some up there. I've got everything I need. To include a newly straightened head on my shoulders.

glad to see your back around here bud...nice start..def. subbed.
It's good to be back. Thanks, man.

DANO
06-24-10, 7:22 pm
now that you have a new determination and drive... let nothing stop you... welcome back buddy!

J A Y
06-24-10, 8:39 pm
awesome to see you back man, do work!

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 11:17 am
Hell yea. Look whos back in town. Glad to hear from ya my man.

Steve48
06-27-10, 7:53 pm
Welcome Back......Hell if it was easy and everyone could succeed the first time they wouldn't call it a "Journey"......look forward to seeing you progress in the upcoming months

charlievanriper
06-28-10, 12:51 am
Nice to see ya back, Man. Nice leg day, cant wait to see ya start killing it again.

weedlewott
06-28-10, 11:14 am
now that you have a new determination and drive... let nothing stop you... welcome back buddy!
Not really new, just renewed. Lol. Nothing's getting in the way this time around.

awesome to see you back man, do work!
Thanks, man. I had planned on killing something.

Hell yea. Look whos back in town. Glad to hear from ya my man.
This guy. Ha. Word. Good to see you're in here. Hope to keep you around and get some good advice.

Welcome Back......Hell if it was easy and everyone could succeed the first time they wouldn't call it a "Journey"......look forward to seeing you progress in the upcoming months
Much appreciate it, Steve. I just feel like a quitter. First time in my life I've ever let an excuse get the best of me. First and last... Just saying.

Nice to see ya back, Man. Nice leg day, cant wait to see ya start killing it again.
Thanks, big fella. I'm game for this.

weedlewott
06-28-10, 11:18 am
Chest/Shoulders

Incline Flies
45 x 15
50 x 15
50 x 15

Neck Press (awkward)
135 x 12
155 x 12
165 x 12

Decline DB Press
70 x 12
70 x 12
50 x 10 (single arm presses)

Military DB Press
45 x 15
50 x 15
55 x 15

Side Laterals
20 x 12
25 x 12
30 x 12

Smith MP
105 to failure

Today felt really good. Hit up 10 minutes of good, high speed, incline cardio before the workout itself. The weights are going to get better. That much I promise you. I'm not really cutting, but cutting if that makes any sense. Not show ready, just to where I can see some abs and then start building slowly back up to my weight now, with much less BF. That's all for now. I'll be back to check on everyone in a bit. Be easy.

DANO
06-28-10, 1:27 pm
Nice job WW. weights will come back around, and sooner than you think!

Steve48
06-28-10, 4:10 pm
In my book it's only quitting if you stay down for good!

wedge
06-29-10, 1:17 am
Same focus and intensity on the weights that I remember. Keep it up.

NWSaint
06-29-10, 7:23 am
So I'm back in here. I know I've made a couple posts here and there over the past few months talking about how I was going to be back soon and all this and that. But I would find myself making excuses as to why I couldn't come and go to the gym as I should. I found reasons to not stick to a diet, a routine, cardio, vitamin intake, pretty much everything under the sun. And I've never been on to make excuses for shit. I've got a job. I've got income, a paid membership, transportation, and clothes. Anyone see a reason why I couldn't do what needed to be done? If you do, tell me. If you agree, please tell me. But for now, I'm saying me either. All the bull shit is packed away. I won't say I've got a new drive. The drive has always been there, along with the motivation. So to say that would be a lie. I'm just finished making excuses... First workout. Legs. Routine will be updated later. For now, here it is:

315 x 3 Felt really weak, so I racked it. I'll make my way back. Trust me.

WW!!

Glad you got your senses about ya.. and as far as lifting goes, once in NEVER out!
Sometimes ya gotta take a break, step back, come up with the excuses, feel like
shyt, then it happens, ya re-see the light & before ya know it your back at it again.
It's NEVER gone!

.. balls for rollin' up with 315 in da' rack.. how did ya like the reminder ?!?!?!?

*smile*

.. welcome back.

NW.

J A Y
06-29-10, 11:23 am
nice work again, looking forward to seeing the numbers climb!

weedlewott
06-29-10, 11:52 am
Nice job WW. weights will come back around, and sooner than you think!
I surely hope so, DANO. That I do..

In my book it's only quitting if you stay down for good!
Nah. Couldn't ever stay down for good. Not this kid.

Same focus and intensity on the weights that I remember. Keep it up.
Thanks, man. I've got a brotherhood to live up to. Statements are going to be made.

WW!!

Glad you got your senses about ya.. and as far as lifting goes, once in NEVER out!
Sometimes ya gotta take a break, step back, come up with the excuses, feel like
shyt, then it happens, ya re-see the light & before ya know it your back at it again.
It's NEVER gone!

.. balls for rollin' up with 315 in da' rack.. how did ya like the reminder ?!?!?!?

*smile*

.. welcome back.

NW.
Thank you much, NW. The 315 was a healthy reminder. I need to get back to 405-455 range for reps. And I plan on it. Gotta climb that mountain one step at a time.

nice work again, looking forward to seeing the numbers climb!
If you stick around, you'll undoubtedly see it happen.

weedlewott
06-29-10, 11:57 am
Back/Traps

Hyper Extensions
3 x 15 BW

DB Rows
50 x 12
55 x 12
60 x 12

BB Shrugs
135 x 20
185 x 20
205 x 20

Crunches
100 Machine Crunches
60 Side Bends
20 Decline Crunches
20 of these.... I don't know if this has a name, but I am on the Decline bench, and do a sit up. But when I get up, I use my abs to completely hold myself up off the bench and do a crunch. The only part that is touching the bench is my legs holding me in place. You guys should try it. I may have to take a video and post it up so you get it. It works. Trust me.

WG Pull Down
105 x 15
120 x 15
135 x 15

DB Pull Over
55 x 10... That's all.

10 minutes cardio. I was done. True story. That's all she wrote. I feel really good after this. I mean, I felt good before, during, and after. There is a light. I missed it. Entirely too much.

Mr. Dead
06-29-10, 11:58 am
What's goin' on, in here...???

weedlewott
06-29-10, 12:01 pm
What's goin' on, in here...???

Just a little bit of work. Trying to get my head completely back in the game and wrapped around the concept of stepping on stage for real at some point in time. I know I do a lot of talking about stage this and stage that, but I damned well plan on it. I just don't know when.

weedlewott
06-29-10, 12:01 pm
Bumpity bump bump...

Back/Traps

Hyper Extensions
3 x 15 BW

DB Rows
50 x 12
55 x 12
60 x 12

BB Shrugs
135 x 20
185 x 20
205 x 20

Crunches
100 Machine Crunches
60 Side Bends
20 Decline Crunches
20 of these.... I don't know if this has a name, but I am on the Decline bench, and do a sit up. But when I get up, I use my abs to completely hold myself up off the bench and do a crunch. The only part that is touching the bench is my legs holding me in place. You guys should try it. I may have to take a video and post it up so you get it. It works. Trust me.

WG Pull Down
105 x 15
120 x 15
135 x 15

DB Pull Over
55 x 10... That's all.

10 minutes cardio. I was done. True story. That's all she wrote. I feel really good after this. I mean, I felt good before, during, and after. There is a light. I missed it. Entirely too much.

Mr. Dead
06-29-10, 12:03 pm
Just a little bit of work. Trying to get my head completely back in the game and wrapped around the concept of stepping on stage for real at some point in time. I know I do a lot of talking about stage this and stage that, but I damned well plan on it. I just don't know when.

It all starts with an idea and a plan... You'll know when it's time to put the two into action...

Firedrake
06-29-10, 7:20 pm

. . . and solid work it is, too. I like those decline crunches, and I do know what you mean.

I look forward to your own journey toward the stage, bro!

Steve48
06-30-10, 4:48 am
The Stage!......Sounds Like a Plan is Forming

weedlewott
06-30-10, 4:59 pm
It all starts with an idea and a plan... You'll know when it's time to put the two into action...
I certainly hope so...

. . . and solid work it is, too. I like those decline crunches, and I do know what you mean.

I look forward to your own journey toward the stage, bro!
I don't know about solid, but progressive, steady, slow? Yes. And I like it that way. I'm doing it 100% correct this time around. No stone will be left uncovered. Thank you, Jim. I hope to have one up by the end of the year.

The Stage!......Sounds Like a Plan is Forming
Not so much a plan as an idea.

weedlewott
06-30-10, 5:06 pm
Today... Today was good. Really good. Sick pump...

Cardio
25 minute run
7.0 speed
4.0 incline

Arms

DB Curls
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Cambered Bar Curls
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10

Incline DB Curls
30 x 10
35 x 10
40 x 10

Skull Crushers
75 x 12
75 x 12
75 x 12 after some deliberation... One step at a time, at the same pace.

Kickbacks
30 x 12
35 x 12
45 x 12

Pushdowns
105 x 15
115 x failure

Crunches
Decline Crunches like I said earlier...
35. They take a lot out of you.

Done and done. I'm really liking these crunches/sit up things... They're awesome and you feel them through your entire core. Had a wicked awesome pump today. This was done before breakfast. So I was sweating my ass off and burned some good calories.

Woke up at 3 this morning cramping really bad, went to the kitchen, smashed about 12 huge gulps of water. Problem solved... I really need to hydrate more. I've only been hitting 1/2 a gallon a day. Time to up it.

Steve48
06-30-10, 7:15 pm
Nice Volume.....I'm sure you missed the pump

C.Coronato
07-01-10, 9:26 am
Where are you at now bro? I saw some pics you were going through some training .. are you still in MS?

weedlewott
07-01-10, 10:55 am
Nice Volume.....I'm sure you missed the pump
It's low now. The volume anyway. Slowly working my way back into it. Thank you.

Where are you at now bro? I saw some pics you were going through some training .. are you still in MS?
Yeah man. I had to go to LA for a bit l, but I'm back now.

J A Y
07-01-10, 11:18 am
nice work WW, you need to invent a name for those crunches haha, a weedlewott special

weedlewott
07-01-10, 11:40 am
nice work WW, you need to invent a name for those crunches haha, a weedlewott special
Suspended crunches. Lol

J A Y
07-01-10, 12:47 pm
Suspended crunches. Lol

thats not very inventive now is it!

Big C
07-01-10, 1:22 pm
Good to see a new log started brother.....Hope your summer is goin well.

So what kind of facial hair we rockin' these days?!

weedlewott
07-01-10, 4:37 pm
thats not very inventive now is it!
Ha. Nah. It was done on the fly. Give me some time. I'll pretty it up a little.

Good to see a new log started brother.....Hope your summer is goin well.

So what kind of facial hair we rockin' these days?!

It's good to actually be back in the gym at a regular. Summer is summer, bro. Work is about all I have going for me. How about yourself? So far as the facial hair, I'm back to rockin the Goatee. The beard started to irritate my face. Couldn't hang. I went 3 weeks deep, though.

Firedrake
07-01-10, 5:21 pm
Real solid arm day -- I get inconsistent pumps -- today was amazing, at least.

Slow and steady builds the mass, bro!

mcbeast
07-01-10, 5:25 pm
Glad to see you back on here brotha! I will be followin this for sure. Also pretty awesome to start back with a LEG DAY!

C.Coronato
07-02-10, 9:06 am
Yeah man. I had to go to LA for a bit l, but I'm back now.

Ahh good good. Hows everything going outside of working out?

DANO
07-02-10, 11:54 am
Arm day looked solid my man... soon you will be back to your old "Fightin weight"

weedlewott
07-06-10, 11:50 am
Real solid arm day -- I get inconsistent pumps -- today was amazing, at least.

Slow and steady builds the mass, bro!
Very true, Jim. I usually get pretty decent pumps. You're looking pretty awesome in the pics on FB, dude. Solid work.

Glad to see you back on here brotha! I will be followin this for sure. Also pretty awesome to start back with a LEG DAY!
Much appreciate it, bro. That's good to know. And it was pretty crazy, but what's more motivating than a leg day? Nothing.

Ahh good good. Hows everything going outside of working out?
Yes Sir. Things are going pretty good, man. I'm working at Lowe's making pretty decent money. Just waiting on school to get started back so my days are full again and I can keep my focus on what it needs to be on. Too many distractions on a slow day. Lol.

Arm day looked solid my man... soon you will be back to your old "Fightin weight"
Thank you, DANO. I'm trying to get back up to speed.

weedlewott
07-06-10, 2:44 pm
So had a great weekend. And a really good workout this morning.

Cardio 12:16 minutes 1.84 miles

Chest/Shoulders

Incline Flies
35 x 15
40 x 15
45 x 15

Neck Presses
135 x 12
155 x 12
165 x 12

Side Lats
20 x 12
30 x 12
35 x 12

Decline DB Presses
45 x 12
60 x 12
75 x 12

DB Military Presses
40 x 12
45 x 12
50 x 12

Smith MP
70 x 15 x 3

Crunches
150 to the front, 60 to each side.

Felt really good today. I got a video of those sit up things I was talking about. If anyone knows the name, that'd be awesome. I'm gonna upload it after I get off work tonight. Be easy fellas. I'll check in when I'm back.

DANO
07-06-10, 3:39 pm
glad things are going right for a change ww! workout looked great, back in track to the world of hugeness! haha

GUNS
07-06-10, 6:48 pm
Looking good in here WW. I'm subbed.

weedlewott
07-07-10, 9:20 am
glad things are going right for a change ww! workout looked great, back in track to the world of hugeness! haha

Word. I'm glad things are going well for me too. I can't say it's been all bad, though. Just had some rough patches.

Looking good in here WW. I'm subbed.

Thanks, man. Glad to have you around. I'm gonna be stopping by yours after the gym.

C.Coronato
07-07-10, 9:23 am
Looking good homie. Proud your still doing your thing. Any talk about re-deployment yet? Hopefully you have some time to relax a bit.

weedlewott
07-07-10, 1:08 pm
Looking good homie. Proud your still doing your thing. Any talk about re-deployment yet? Hopefully you have some time to relax a bit.

Thanks, man. No talk of redeployment. Just kinda hanging around. I think I've got a decent amount of time to relax. I am actually looking at Drill Sergeant School here pretty soon if I can't get back into school this coming semester.

Today was freaking awesome. I hit up the legs and felt amazing. Was sweating my ass off, then got home to wash the car, and did some more sweating. Pretty damned good so far. Here goes the workout....

5 minutes of cardio just to get the blood pumping
8.0 incline 5.5 speed

Leg Extensions
75 x 50
90 x 40
115 x 30

Squats ATG
135 x 12
185 x 12
195 x 12

Yes, I realize these are low low low numbers, but I'm working on squaring my form away, hitting the proper depth, and strengthening the core. You guys know how it goes.

Leg Press ss/ Calf Press
2pps x 10 / 30
3pps x 10 / 30
5pps x 10 / 30
6pps x 10 / 30

Ham Curls
70 x 15
90 x 15
120 x 15

Ham Blasters
3 sets to failure
17/15/13

Done, done and done. No ab work today. I'm pretty beat up over the past couple days of work and throwing around lumber. Things are looking pretty good. Only been back at it for a little over a week now and I can see my progress. Not only in the lowering of my blood pressure, but also in the energy I have during the day steadily increasing, and in the comments I'm getting from people around me. They said I look like I'm losing weight when in reality I'm holding steady at 224.

DANO
07-07-10, 11:28 pm
looks good WW... now is the perfect time to concentrate on getting your form perfect. soon, 475 ATG! haha

weedlewott
07-08-10, 12:13 pm
looks good WW... now is the perfect time to concentrate on getting your form perfect. soon, 475 ATG! haha

Thanks, man. I know what you mean. I don't know so much about 475, but hell... Who knows. haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEu-Kb-BIrU

I think this works. But this is the video I said I was gonna get up about the crunches.

DANO
07-08-10, 12:19 pm
wow, those look crazy. there is one bench in my gym that i might be able to give those a shot.... i will let you know.

mritter3
07-08-10, 12:20 pm
crunches looked great man...i wouldnt worry about the weights right now work on your form and your core...and the weights will slowly climb up.

mcbeast
07-08-10, 4:34 pm
Drill school huh? Picking up my 4 in September. As soon as I earn my 5, I really think I would like to drop a packet for that. Hell, I got 6 years left might as well make the best of it right!

weedlewott
07-08-10, 9:26 pm
wow, those look crazy. there is one bench in my gym that i might be able to give those a shot.... i will let you know.
Do that. If you can manage, make sure you give it a good squeeze at the top and come down with your abs, not gravity. I know it looks like I'm just falling, but I was trying to knock them out so I was going quick. Trust me. You'll feel it first time around. Make sure to keep me posted.

crunches looked great man...i wouldnt worry about the weights right now work on your form and your core...and the weights will slowly climb up.
My thoughts exactly. I figured I needed to get back to where I was, and the best way to do that was via my core.

Drill school huh? Picking up my 4 in September. As soon as I earn my 5, I really think I would like to drop a packet for that. Hell, I got 6 years left might as well make the best of it right!
Cool deal about picking up the 4. You can drop a packet the day you complete your WLC. You're really supposed to have BNCOC out of the way, but hey.. Who follows the rules in the Army anymore, right? Lol.

weedlewott
07-08-10, 9:31 pm
Got a little work done today. Hit up Arms.

DB Curls (same time)
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Incline Curls (same time)
30 x 15
35 x 15
40 x 6

Cambered Bar Curls
75 x 12
95 x 12
115 x 10

Skull Crushers
75 x 12
75 x 10
95 x 10

Pushdowns
70 x 15
90 x 15
100 x 15

Kickbacks
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Hell of a pump. Didn't get any cardio in. Spent from 2-5:30 this morning at the ER with my girl and her stomach virus and have been up since taking care of her. Just had to abandon her for an hour to get in some gym time. No ab work either. I had to get in and out so I could cook her some food. True story. I'm feeling a lot better about this.

BryanSmash!
07-08-10, 10:59 pm
Nice to have ya back! Good consistent work going on in here WW, keep it up. Glad you're done fucking around lol.

DANO
07-08-10, 11:35 pm
Well, your arms are still strong as hell! Good man, for taking care of your girl....

J A Y
07-09-10, 7:26 pm
agree, arms are still stong as hell, wouldnt worry about those squats, the weights will climb, hell... you already know this!

weedlewott
07-09-10, 8:46 pm
Nice to have ya back! Good consistent work going on in here WW, keep it up. Glad you're done fucking around lol.
Haha. Yeah. You and me both.

Well, your arms are still strong as hell! Good man, for taking care of your girl....
Thanks, man. I'm trying to do right by her. Know what I mean? And I didn't think my arms would lose anything from the gym, seeing as how I throw around lumber all day at work. Lol.

agree, arms are still stong as hell, wouldnt worry about those squats, the weights will climb, hell... you already know this!
Never had a worry in the world, Jay. Not a single one. Appreciate the heads up.

weedlewott
07-09-10, 9:00 pm
Back workout was done today.

10 minutes cardio. Just a run around the block.

Deads
135 x 15
185 x 15
205 x 15

DB Rows
50 x 12
60 x 12
75 x 12

DB Shrugs
40 x 20
45 x 20
50 x 20
55 x 20

Pull-Downs
105 x 15
112.5 x 15
120 x 15

Reverse DB Flies
20 x 10
30 x 10
35 x 10

Abs
100 Crunches

I can't find my book at the moment, but I think that's all the exercises. That's the weights for sure though. I hit a pause on the Deads at 205 x 15 around number 9, but hell... That's a lot of reps at the moment. Ha. But hell. You get used to everything. Then you step it up a notch.

weedlewott
07-09-10, 10:00 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSYtQy9EqTA

Yep.

GUNS
07-09-10, 11:02 pm
Good work WW. My pause on my deads is the first one. Kind of discouraging right off the bat, but once I get the first one, seems they just keep coming. Have a good weekend and stay motivated!

weedlewott
07-12-10, 8:01 pm
Good work WW. My pause on my deads is the first one. Kind of discouraging right off the bat, but once I get the first one, seems they just keep coming. Have a good weekend and stay motivated!

thanks, man. I appreciate it. I was going slower than usual to feel it better. But I found myself getting tired. Haha. Still got in and got the work done. Workout to be posted later.

weedlewott
07-12-10, 9:26 pm
Today's workout could have gone much much better. I ate a bowl of cereal this morning, and that was all up until I got off work at 6 P.M.... Pretty shitty day. Didn't even get a break. From 9-6. Sucked ass, but I still put some of the work. I didn't have the cardio in me after the weights. Not even forcing it out.

Incline Flies
45 x 12
50 x 12
55 x 12

Neck Press
145 x 12
155 x 12
165 x 12

DB Decline
50 x 12
60 x 12
75 x 10

Side Lats
30 x 15
35 x 15
40 x 15

MP DB Press
45 x 12
50 x 12
55 x 12

That was about all I had in me. Had to cut it short. Sucks.

Necromatrix
07-12-10, 10:56 pm
Solid work, big man. Glad to see you steamrollin' your way back up. Do work!

weedlewott
07-12-10, 11:24 pm
Solid work, big man. Glad to see you steamrollin' your way back up. Do work!

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. It feels good to be steamrollin' back. haha.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Sunday. It's official. I start 18 weeks of nothing but weights, cardio, and dieting. Going to get cut up.

GUNS
07-13-10, 6:01 am
That sucks man. You gotta figure something out with eating. Still a solid workout.

Necromatrix
07-13-10, 7:48 am
That sucks man. You gotta figure something out with eating. Still a solid workout.

No doubt. Umm... It has been a while, but I had some work related issues in MS. I worked in a factory and we were run like dogs. Long story short, if I remember correctly it is illegal to work such a long period of time without a break. Something like within an 8 hour shift you are legally given two 15 minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch.

I ended up printing off the MS labor laws and laying them on the boss's desk... Problem solved.

weedlewott
07-13-10, 9:59 am
True story... Problem will be fixed.

No doubt. Umm... It has been a while, but I had some work related issues in MS. I worked in a factory and we were run like dogs. Long story short, if I remember correctly it is illegal to work such a long period of time without a break. Something like within an 8 hour shift you are legally given two 15 minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch.

I ended up printing off the MS labor laws and laying them on the boss's desk... Problem solved.
Yeah. It's not that I'm not offered a break. Not at all. I had a one hour lunch break and as may fifteen minute breaks that I could take. It's just i was the only person working in my department and we were busy as hell. I usually get my breaks. Yesterday was just all out of sorts.

C.Coronato
07-13-10, 10:10 am
THE Beginning. Good Luck.

weedlewott
07-13-10, 10:18 am
THE Beginning. Good Luck.

You know it, bro. Starting Sunday. I'm getting everything in place this weekend. Buying two weeks of food and cooking one week in advance, every week. I'm going to post up a starting weight and have weekly updates on weight and every now and again, a photo update for progress critique. If you wouldn't mind stopping in and dropping some knowledge, I would appreciate it.

weedlewott
07-13-10, 12:35 pm
Workout went great. Didn't go too terribly heavy on anything, but I sure as shit felt the burn.

5 min cardio for warm up. .5 miles.

Leg Extensions
80 x 50
95 x 40
130 x 30

Squats
145 x 12
145 x 12
165 x 10

Leg Press ss/ Calf Press
175 x 12/30
255 x 12/30
315 x 12/30
395 x 12/30

Ham Curls
100 x 15
120 x 15
130 x 15

Ham Blasters

Crunches
40 to the front
40 to each side

Another one in the books.

Necromatrix
07-13-10, 1:11 pm
Great work, WW! Burn is good. Lol!

Mr. Dead
07-13-10, 2:02 pm

x2!!!

wedge
07-13-10, 2:42 pm
You know it, bro. Starting Sunday. I'm getting everything in place this weekend. Buying two weeks of food and cooking one week in advance, every week. I'm going to post up a starting weight and have weekly updates on weight and every now and again, a photo update for progress critique. If you wouldn't mind stopping in and dropping some knowledge, I would appreciate it.

The man with the plan. In for this ride.

GUNS
07-13-10, 9:48 pm
As long as your feeling it. That's all that matters!

BryanSmash!
07-14-10, 2:47 am
Nice volume!

weedlewott
07-15-10, 11:54 pm

x2!!!
True story, gentlemen... True story.

The man with the plan. In for this ride.
It'd be my honor.

As long as your feeling it. That's all that matters!
Yep. That's what I count as a win.

Nice volume!
It's going up. I'll have my diet and workout schedule posted up by the end of the day Saturday.

weedlewott
07-15-10, 11:57 pm
I'm working out all the details and macros of the diet, and trying to figure out how to best hit the angles when it comes to the gym part. Starting on 30 minutes of cardio for the first couple weeks or so. See how it goes and then up it when I start cutting back on the carbs. It's all in play. Just gotta finalize the details and push the boulder downhill... I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do it well.

Necromatrix
07-16-10, 8:05 am
Sweet. A battleplan plus your drive and freakish machine-like lifting... Oh yeah, can't wait to see how this turns out.

weedlewott
07-18-10, 7:41 pm
Sweet. A battleplan plus your drive and freakish machine-like lifting... Oh yeah, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Freakish? Nah. Just getting it done. Thanks, man.

Okay. I got some advice from TTL on the diet part. I'm hitting it like this.

5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oats
6oz. chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice
6oz. chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli raw
6oz. chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli raw
6oz. tilapia, 1/2 cup broccoli raw
Protein shake PWO wherever that may fit into the equation.

30 minutes cardio every morning. Depending on how the weight comes off, I'll change it up and add to it incrementally... That's what I have for now. I'm about to head in to work. I'll check in later. Be easy. Feedback, please.

BryanSmash!
07-18-10, 10:20 pm
I think you'll go nuts from the lack of carbs myself, but the fat should drop off quickly.

wedge
07-19-10, 8:48 pm
Hey bro, I'm hoping to get a little help from you if you don't mind. I'm looking to take the police physical test in mid-August. I can do everything but the run with my eyes closed. I've been running in the a.m. and after workouts getting myself ready. Any tips you could toss my way?
Thanks.

weedlewott
07-19-10, 11:05 pm
I think you'll go nuts from the lack of carbs myself, but the fat should drop off quickly.
Ha. Yeah. I think I'll be okay though. I'm gonna make the best of what I have.

Hey bro, I'm hoping to get a little help from you if you don't mind. I'm looking to take the police physical test in mid-August. I can do everything but the run with my eyes closed. I've been running in the a.m. and after workouts getting myself ready. Any tips you could toss my way?
Thanks.
Yeah buddy. No worries there. What I usually do when I get prepped up for a PT test is I vary my run. I will do like a 1 Mile run for the distance, then one for time the next day. Take a day off, then do Fartlek runs. Steadily up your pace while you run. Don't do any specific distance. Just do time. Like set your watch or look at it or something and every two minutes, up your pace just a little bit. it's always a 2 on 1 off 2 on two off schedule when I run. The next week, up your distance .5 miles or so. You'll feel great about yourself when you finish. Remember, do every bit of this while beating the pavement. No treadmill, no bike, no elliptical. Nothing but you and the open road. Running on the pavement is the absolute quickest way to get your time down when it comes to running. If you can't quite do a mile off the bat, then start where you're comfortable. You can also trade your fartlek run days in every other week for a 60-120. That's sprint for one minute, walk for two, repeat until you don't have any gas in you. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Like I said, it works for me, so give it a go. It should work for you. I use it with my PT run failures. They always pass it the second go around. Never fails.

weedlewott
07-19-10, 11:18 pm
Today's workout went awesome. Chest and shoulders. Day 2 of the diet, and I'm feeling on top of the world.

Incline Flies
40 x 15
45 x 15
50 x 15

Side Raises
25 x 15
35 x 15
40 x 15
25 x 20

Incline BB Press
90 x 12
145 x 12
185 x 12

Smith Shoulder Press
70 x 15
80 x 15
100 x 15

Smith Chest Press
105 x 12
145 x 12
145 x 10

Crunches
150 to the front
80 to each side

Cardio
10 minutes. Had to cut it short. Got in the gym later than expected and promised my girl I'd be home soon after she got out of class. Tomorrow starts the early morning adventures. Lol. Cardio at 6, gym later on after some food. Here's today's breakdown:

5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oats
6oz chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice
6oz chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli
Gym
Protein shake: 52g Protein, 4 carbs
6oz chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli
6oz chicken, broccoli to top it off.

I feel really good already. Manged to get a huge ass pump today. Stoked. Be easy, fellas. Keep on keeping on.

BryanSmash!
07-20-10, 2:17 am
Nice work today, hope all that broccoli doesnt turn you into a fart machine lol.

DANO
07-20-10, 1:46 pm
looks good there WW.. increase in volume huh? kill it bro.

C.Coronato
07-20-10, 2:13 pm
Like the looks of that diet brotha. Good luck my man!

mritter3
07-20-10, 3:35 pm
everything looks solid in here man...nice chest workout.

weedlewott
07-20-10, 3:37 pm
Nice work today, hope all that broccoli doesnt turn you into a fart machine lol.
Ha. Nah. I have been pooping on a regular though.

looks good there WW.. increase in volume huh? kill it bro.
Yep. Increased the shit out of the volume all the way around. Throwing in cardio every day, added a lot of ab work too. Gonna get this done.

Like the looks of that diet brotha. Good luck my man!
Much appreciated, bro. Thanks for the advice.

everything looks solid in here man...nice chest workout.
Word. Lol. Thanks. I'm just trying to do what I have to.

weedlewott
07-20-10, 3:44 pm
Messed my back up somewhere along the line today. Hopefully it's just a pinch and goes away soon. Got tomorrow to recoup from the weights... Cardio and Ab work is still a go.

Cardio
21:35 @ 5.5

Abs
175 crunches
75 bends to each side

Hyper Extensions
20 w/ Body weight
add 10lbs

DB Rows
50 x 12
60 x 12
70 x 12

Pull-Ups
6, 5, 3, 2 (went to failure. Gotta get back on the ball)

Shrugs
50 x 20
60 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20

Cable Row
120 x 12
120 x 12

NGPD
105 x 15
120 x 15
135 x 15

Rev Flies
20 x 12
30 x 12
35 x 12

There it is, gentlemen. Done and done. Cardio was split up. 15 minutes at the start of it all. The last 6:35 was after the workout. Had to quit because of the lower back thing. Like I said, it doesn't feel like anything serious, but it's still tweaked. Tomorrow is an off day from weights. Maybe just cardio and abs will do some good. Peace easy, fellas.

Necromatrix
07-20-10, 6:01 pm
Solid work all around, WW! Those back tweaks can be a pain... In more ways than one.

Mr. Dead
07-20-10, 6:02 pm
Lookin' good, in here!!! Take care of that back!!!

weedlewott
07-23-10, 5:02 pm
Solid work all around, WW! Those back tweaks can be a pain... In more ways than one.
Yeah. It went away the next day, but I stayed away from weights two days in a row just in case. Back at it today.

Lookin' good, in here!!! Take care of that back!!!
All day long, bro. I like this whole walking bit. haha.

weedlewott
07-23-10, 5:13 pm
Man, oh man... Day 6. I think. I lost count. Don't care either. Just know that a week is up Sunday. So maybe today is day 5. Whatever. It's all irrelevant. I'm doing what needs to be done, and it's working from what I can see. I feel like a million bucks and some change.

Arms

Cardio
30 minutes
6.5 @ 2.0 Incline.

Abs 100 crunches
100 side bends to each side w/25lb weight

DB Curls
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Kickbacks
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Cambered Bar Curls
65 x 15
75 x 15
85 x 15

Skull Crushers
65 x 10
75 x 10
85 x 10

Push Downs
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

Machine Curls
60 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20

In and out in 45 minutes. Cardio was all done this morning aside from a 3 minute warm up walk this afternoon. Which I'm not counting in the total cardio for the day. It was just at 4.0. But I had a huge pump. I am starting to see the outline of my top two abs more so than before.

Current supplement stack
Pak
Pump when needed
Protein Shake
Fish Oil

That's it. Short and sweet. Covers my bases. I shouldn't really count the shake, but since it's a food supplement, I am. So there. Two more weeks and I'll start on Universal Fat Burners for a month, take a week off, then run two cycles of Cuts. May pick up some Natural Sterol Complex from Universal. If you haven't used it before, and you have room to add something, I suggest it. I ran a cycle of it overseas and have never felt more full muscle wise. Pretty excited about this.

Necromatrix
07-23-10, 5:59 pm
Hell of an arm day, big man! Got a great attitude goin' to. Good stuff!

weedlewott
07-24-10, 3:12 pm
Went in the gym today knowing I was going to do legs. Woke up late this morning and got to the gym late, so couldn't do cardio. Hitting it up tonight on the bike. As I walked into the gym, I decided to do 4 sets of 20 on everything.... Yep. Everything..

Leg Extensions
105 x 20
135 x 20
165 x 20
195 x 20

Ham Curls
60 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

Calf Presses
2pps x 20 per leg
2pps x 20 per leg
2pps x 20 per leg
2pps x 40 both legs

Leg Press
2pps x 20
3pps x 20
4pps x 20
4pps x 20

Calf Presses
4pps x 40
4pps x 20

Ham Blasters

That was it. I didn't have time to finish with squats. The gym closed... Sucks... But I am most definitely feeling the results of today's workout already...

Necromatrix
07-24-10, 7:03 pm
20?! Hell yeah, that's some sick wheely action!

Steve48
07-24-10, 10:54 pm
Man you will be hurting in a day or so from that Leg Day.

**I saw your note on Jim's Journey - Where did he finish?

BryanSmash!
07-25-10, 4:06 pm
Nice work WW, get up earlier next time lol.

GUNS
07-26-10, 5:01 pm
WW, this is a lil late man but don't go to failure on your chins. You are teaching your pullups to stop at a certain number. Stop just short. I have done some serious research on pullups. Check out special tactics dot com. There is some serious chin articles in there. Looking great in here man.

If your ever in GP let me know man and we will get together.

weedlewott
07-26-10, 6:08 pm
20?! Hell yeah, that's some sick wheely action!
Thanks, man. No soreness from it at all, believe it or not.

Man you will be hurting in a day or so from that Leg Day.

**I saw your note on Jim's Journey - Where did he finish?
He placed 4th in the Novice, and 5th overall in the over 50 I believe. He's since updated his to reflect a more accurate placement.

Nice work WW, get up earlier next time lol.
Ha. Yeah. I had planned on it. I just had a stupid long night the day before.

WW, this is a lil late man but don't go to failure on your chins. You are teaching your pullups to stop at a certain number. Stop just short. I have done some serious research on pullups. Check out special tactics dot com. There is some serious chin articles in there. Looking great in here man.

If your ever in GP let me know man and we will get together.
Ah. Thanks, man. I just go to failure because I notice that my number usually goes up after a little while. I'll keep that in mind for next time, though. And I'll hit you up next time I'm in GA. You do the same if you ever make it to the Sip.

Mr. Dead
07-26-10, 6:16 pm
Nice leg session!!! How goes the hobbling...???

weedlewott
07-26-10, 6:17 pm
Had chest and shoulders today. I think it went well... Things are feeling better and better each day that I've been in the gym here recently. I feel improvement. I can't see it as much as I'd like, but it's only the end of week one. I see a difference on the scale. Starting weight was 223. Sitting at 218 now. 5lbs the first week. Not too shabby.

6 A.M.
Cardio
25 minutes @ 6.5
10 minutes @ 4.0

Abs
100 Crunches
100 Side Bends

12:30 P.M.

Incline Flies
40 x 15
45 x 15
55 x 15

Incline DB Press
50 x 12
60 x 12
70 x 12

Smith Press
1pps x 12
1+25 x 12
2pps x 12

DB MP
40 x 10
35 x 10
30 x 10
25 x 10
20 x 10

Side Raises
25 x 15
30 x 15
35 x 15

Smith MP
60 x 15
70 x 15
80 x 15

5 minutes cool down cardio.

Had a little more soreness in my shoulders than I would have liked. Going to look into Joint-V from SportPharma. I've heard good things. I don't quite need Flex as of yet. Going to see how the cheaper version goes down. I've heard good things and read good reviews. Anyone else tried it? I need some feedback please. Anyway. Got a really nice pump today. Was gonna take some pics, but my girlfriend was studying and couldn't be taken away from it when I got home. Be easy fellas.

weedlewott
07-26-10, 6:18 pm
Nice leg session!!! How goes the hobbling...???

It didn't, actually. Lol. I felt good afterward and didn't even get sore.

GUNS
07-26-10, 6:33 pm
Good work WW. Man I can not say enough about Flex! Don't know about the other, but highly recommend Flex. If at all poss. get some.

Steve48
07-26-10, 6:45 pm
5lbs in a Week thats a hell of a start

BryanSmash!
07-27-10, 2:17 am
Nice work WW, I think the shoulder problem might be from only doing incline pressing the going straight into delt work. Switching the angle of your chest workout might solve the problem without the need for you to take an extra supplement.

C.Coronato
07-27-10, 10:09 am
Down 5? Solid start WW. Keep that shit going.

weedlewott
07-27-10, 1:13 pm
Good work WW. Man I can not say enough about Flex! Don't know about the other, but highly recommend Flex. If at all poss. get some.
Good shit. But I'm looking for a cheaper version for now. Just to see how I respond to it before delving all the way in. Know what I mean?

5lbs in a Week thats a hell of a start
I think so. Thanks, Steve.

Nice work WW, I think the shoulder problem might be from only doing incline pressing the going straight into delt work. Switching the angle of your chest workout might solve the problem without the need for you to take an extra supplement.
Possibly. For me, my chest seems to respond better when I do incline work and not so much flat bench. The Smith Press hits the middle and lower parts of my chest pretty decently. I'll think about that next time around, though. The advice is always welcome and heeded from everyone. I appreciate it.

Down 5? Solid start WW. Keep that shit going.
Yep. Down 5. I hope it keeps in the direction of down. I'm in it to win it. Don't know what I'm gonna win except for the fight against being a fat ass... Ha. Soon, though. Soon.

weedlewott
07-27-10, 1:30 pm
Back/Traps

Deadlifts
135 x 15
185 x 15
235 x 15

Rows
60 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12

Reverse Flies
20 x 12
25 x 12
30 x 12

DB Shrugs/BB Shrugs
DB 55 x 20
BB 135 x 10
DB 65 x 20
BB 235 x 10
DB 75 x 20
BB 315 x 15 w/10 sec hold on the last one
DB 85 x 20

Pull-Downs
112.5 x 15
127.5 x 15
140 x 15

Straight Arm Pushdowns (single arm)
50 x 12
60 x 12
70 x 10

Ab work
45 of the raised crunches I do
15 regular crunches
50 side bends each side

Cardio
20 minutes @ 4.5
had to quit because I was gonna puke. Not felt like it, just was gonna puke.

Minus the cardio, everything went smoothly today. Knocked the deadlifts out with relative ease, only pausing briefly on the last set for a breath. Broke one hell of a sweat and didn't stop from start to finish. Time for me to get some food in. Considering a cheat meal Saturday if progress continues this way. Nothing bad, maybe just a chicken salad at a restaurant. Splurge with some Lite Italian Dressing. Ha. Going to hit a high carb day next Monday and try to revamp the appetite a little bit. It's still going strong, just feeling it slack off a little bit.

GUNS
07-27-10, 2:44 pm
Those DB BB shrugs are no joke man, great job.

mritter3
07-27-10, 4:10 pm
great stuff in here man...workouts looks solid...hows everything with ya man?

BryanSmash!
07-28-10, 2:09 am
Nice work, a cheat meal will do you good!

weedlewott
07-29-10, 1:47 pm
Those DB BB shrugs are no joke man, great job.
No joke at all. My traps are just now recovering....

great stuff in here man...workouts looks solid...hows everything with ya man?
Thanks, bro. I'm trying to keep up with everyone else and step up my game, as Jim would say. Things are going pretty good. Got a great girl, good job, nice car.. I can complain all day long about the little things that go wrong, but I don't want to because I'm happy. That's what counts. How are things with you?

Nice work, a cheat meal will do you good!
Lol. Yeah. I think so too. Thanks, man.

weedlewott
07-29-10, 2:03 pm
So, up to this point, I have had an unstated goal. I am now going to state it. I am trying my best to improve the weights I use on each exercise every week. It can be an increase in the starting weight, an increase in the finishing weight, or both. Just as long as one number goes up each exercise each week. Got on the arm workout today. I had a sick pump. It was stupid. I was excited.

6 AM
Cardio
5 minutes @ 4.0
10 minutes @ 6.5
Repeat

100 Crunches
50 Bar Twists
50 Side Bends

11 AM
Arms

DB Curls
40 x 12
45 x 12
50 x 12

Kickbacks
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Cambered Bar Curls
65 x 15
75 x 15
95 x 6 (10 sec rest) x 9

DB Skull Crushers (wow)
35 x 10
35 x 10
40 x 8.... These are beast. May have to drop the starting weight next time around. First time trying it.

Pushdowns
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

Machine Curls
65 x 20
75 x 20
85 x 20

Done, done, and done. Adding the yellows to 2 of the eggs in the morning starting Sunday morning, cutting out about 15 carbs a day, putting me at 70 carbs a day. Monday morning, I'm going to do 150 carbs before 3 for my spike. See how it goes. If it doesn't go down the way I want, then I'll make a running adjustment. Sitting on 293g protein and 85 carbs a day as of now. Sunday, it will go up to 302g protein and 70 carbs a day. That's on the spot. I'm also bumping my carido up to 45 minutes in the morning. Sitting at 217 this morning. Down from 223. Good, steady decline. I like it.

wedge
07-29-10, 3:03 pm
Nice work bro.
I've been thinking of Joint-V myself. Let me know how it works for you.

GUNS
07-29-10, 6:18 pm
Looks real good man. I am liking your carb cycling. I did the same thing and never lost any energy. Should workout great for you.

Necromatrix
07-29-10, 8:05 pm
Solid arm day, big man. Nice progression all around. I like how you mix up bicep and tricep work, rather than doing all of one before the other. Good idea.

I feel ya on the DB skullies, very interesting to say the least.

DANO
07-29-10, 8:52 pm
WW, your arm days are ALWAYS sick as hell!

BryanSmash!
07-30-10, 3:29 am
Nice work WW, try not to smash your face with those DBs lol.

machineman
07-30-10, 7:15 am
you know I am in....good work in here, WW....keep on keepin' on! (as you would say):)

C.Coronato
07-30-10, 1:16 pm
Yep. Down 5. I hope it keeps in the direction of down. I'm in it to win it. Don't know what I'm gonna win except for the fight against being a fat ass... Ha. Soon, though. Soon.

Nothing wrong there. And one bad ass mother fucker in fatigues.

weedlewott
08-02-10, 10:20 pm
Nice work bro.
I've been thinking of Joint-V myself. Let me know how it works for you.
Will do, man. Thanks.

Looks real good man. I am liking your carb cycling. I did the same thing and never lost any energy. Should workout great for you.
yeah. I'm going to see how it works out. I cut them back today and didn't feel a damned bit of lag or tiredness...

Solid arm day, big man. Nice progression all around. I like how you mix up bicep and tricep work, rather than doing all of one before the other. Good idea.

I feel ya on the DB skullies, very interesting to say the least.
Thanks, bro. I do it from time to time with every workout. It keeps one part from getting exhausted completely before moving on to the next. That way I can get the reps in with a little more weight. Less cheating.

WW, your arm days are ALWAYS sick as hell!
Lol. Nah. Just another arm day. Thanks, though.

Nice work WW, try not to smash your face with those DBs lol.
Ha. I'll try not to.

you know I am in....good work in here, WW....keep on keepin' on! (as you would say):)
Yep. keep on keepin' on. That's the way to get it done. Glad to have you around.

Nothing wrong there. And one bad ass mother fucker in fatigues.
Lol. Not so much of a bad ass, but I'll take it. Thanks, bro. I'm gonna get it done.

weedlewott
08-02-10, 10:27 pm
So that damned tweak in my back is back. Going to get it checked out Wednesday. My off day from both the gym and work so I've got plenty of time. But... I still got in the gym today and did Chest and Shoulders.

Incline Flies
40 x 15
50 x 15
55 x 15

Incline Press (BB)
115 x 12
135 x 12
185 x 8 + 4

Smith Press
1pps x 12
1+25 x 12
2 x 12

Side Raises
35 x 15
40 x 15
45 x 15

Smith MP
65 x 15
75 x 15
85 x 15

Broom Twists
200 Twists, 100 each side

Machine Crunches
125 w/70lbs

Cardio
I did the fat burn cardio today. Where it reads your heart rate and adjusts to keep it where you want it. I think I'll be doing this from here on out. I've just been setting a speed and going to town. Lol.

30 minutes @ 4.2 on treadmill

Immediately jumped on the bike
15 minutes

45 minutes of cardio... Wow. that's a new beast all together. I like the bike better than I do the treadmill though. I may be spending more time on it than the other. Things are looking pretty solid. Weight stayed at 216 over the weekend even with the cheat meal. So I'm not complaining about it. It did wonders for my metabolism though. I'm back to where I feel I need to be there. Always hungry. I'll check you fellas later on. It's pushing bed time for me. Be easy.

Mr. Dead
08-02-10, 10:28 pm
Nice session!!! Get that back taken care of, though!!!

Necromatrix
08-02-10, 10:42 pm

Ditto!!

weedlewott
08-03-10, 11:44 am

Ditto!!

Thanks, guys. Had planned on it. 214 this morning before cardio/food. I've been weighing myself when I get to the gym first thing in the morning. Same scale. Around the same time every day, so yeah. I think I'm doing pretty good. Down 9 total in 16 days. I'm starving. I'll eat when I get back. Headed to the gym now to hit up my back session.

J A Y
08-03-10, 3:47 pm
Thanks, guys. Had planned on it. 214 this morning before cardio/food. I've been weighing myself when I get to the gym first thing in the morning. Same scale. Around the same time every day, so yeah. I think I'm doing pretty good. Down 9 total in 16 days. I'm starving. I'll eat when I get back. Headed to the gym now to hit up my back session.

thats awesome ww, keep up the good work and look after that back

C.Coronato
08-03-10, 3:50 pm
Down 9! Nice bro, keep going.

weedlewott
08-04-10, 9:57 am
thats awesome ww, keep up the good work and look after that back

Down 9! Nice bro, keep going.

Thanks, fellas. I'm going to look after the back later on today. Got my cardio session in this morning along with abs. I'm feeling pretty damned awesome.

Update..

8-3-10
Back

Hyper Extensions
BW x 20
+10 x 20
+10 x 20

DB Rows
65 x 12
75 x 12
85 x 12

Reverse Flies
25 x 10
30 x 14
35 x 12

DB Shrugs
50 x 20
55 x 20
60 x 20
65 x 20

Pull-Downs
120 x 15
127.5 x 15
135 x 15

Iso Lat Pulldown
1pps x 10
1+25 x 10
2pps x 10

Cardio
45 minutes @ 4.2 - 4.5

Abs
100 Broom twists per side

Today 8-4-10

Cardio (incline adjusted to keep heart rate at 129)
30 minutes @ 4.2
10 minutes @ 5.5
5 minutes @ 7.0

Abs
100 Broom Twists per side
100 Machine Crunches w/60lbs non-stop.

That calls it for me today. Yesterday's weigh in was actually 214.5, and this morning was 214. I rounded it off, but hell.. It all works the same. Worked up a hell of a sweat. Going to start on Cuts in two weeks. Well, the rest of this week and the next are all straight cardio. Then I'm introducing Cuts. 3 weeks on, 1 week off, 3 weeks on. I'll see how well that works out for me and chillax for a bit on the Cuts. Yep yep. Anyone got any advice?

DANO
08-04-10, 11:34 am
Someone is gonna get shredded! looking great in here WW!

Firedrake
08-04-10, 3:07 pm
Water. Lots of water.

When can I see pics of how you're doing?

Great sessions!

weedlewott
08-04-10, 3:20 pm
Someone is gonna get shredded! looking great in here WW!
Trying, bro. Trying.

Water. Lots of water.

When can I see pics of how you're doing?

Great sessions!

Lol. I'm downing 1.25 gallons of water a day. Ummm... as soon as I can talk Kristan into taking photos.

Mr. Dead
08-04-10, 5:33 pm
Anything goin' on, in here...??? I heard somebody was gettin' lean!!!

Necromatrix
08-04-10, 8:30 pm
Damn big man, you're gonna be seriously ripped! Awesome intensity.

NWSaint
08-04-10, 10:41 pm
Thanks, fellas. I'm going to look after the back later on today. Got my cardio session in this morning along with abs. I'm feeling pretty damned awesome.

Update..

8-3-10
Back

Hyper Extensions
BW x 20
+10 x 20
+10 x 20

DB Rows
65 x 12
75 x 12
85 x 12

Reverse Flies
25 x 10
30 x 14
35 x 12

DB Shrugs
50 x 20
55 x 20
60 x 20
65 x 20

Pull-Downs
120 x 15
127.5 x 15
135 x 15

Iso Lat Pulldown
1pps x 10
1+25 x 10
2pps x 10

Cardio
45 minutes @ 4.2 - 4.5

Abs
100 Broom twists per side

Today 8-4-10

Cardio (incline adjusted to keep heart rate at 129)
30 minutes @ 4.2
10 minutes @ 5.5
5 minutes @ 7.0

Abs
100 Broom Twists per side
100 Machine Crunches w/60lbs non-stop.

That calls it for me today. Yesterday's weigh in was actually 214.5, and this morning was 214. I rounded it off, but hell.. It all works the same. Worked up a hell of a sweat. Going to start on Cuts in two weeks. Well, the rest of this week and the next are all straight cardio. Then I'm introducing Cuts. 3 weeks on, 1 week off, 3 weeks on. I'll see how well that works out for me and chillax for a bit on the Cuts. Yep yep. Anyone got any advice?

WW!!

Damn son, seeeerious cardio goin' on here.. I take it your gonna give a shot
at the peeled look ?!?!?!?.. I tell ya now, it's addicting, once you get there ya
think "eh, this isn't so bad after all", LoL, and once your there you might even
slip a tad bit on the diet cuz that's ok too, you'll be thinking "ohhhhh noooo,
not eeeeeven gonna slip backwards", and ya don't.. Since I got done doin' the
comps from the past few months the waist-line has stayed at a steady 31 at
184lbs.. yeah I know, down a few lbs., but 1). it's summertime, wtf!! and 2). like
I said, it's addicting, you don't wanna go back to that extra layer.. Anyways, the
w/o's look solid bra', i'll be checkin' back soon...........Aloha'

NW.

Steve48
08-05-10, 6:47 am
214,,,,,,,,,It's coming Off Quick - Looks Like 199 is about 5-6 weeks away.
It's always great when that 1 shows up as the first number on the scale.

J A Y
08-05-10, 5:58 pm
it is coming off quick indeed, im sure the cuts will give you a nice boost aswel, i imagine they are gonna fill ou with energy too to push even more in the workouts! good luck ww... its nice to see results!

weedlewott
08-07-10, 2:06 pm
Anything goin' on, in here...??? I heard somebody was gettin' lean!!!
Trying to, man. Trying to.

Damn big man, you're gonna be seriously ripped! Awesome intensity.
That's what I'm hoping to achieve. Thanks.

WW!!

Damn son, seeeerious cardio goin' on here.. I take it your gonna give a shot
at the peeled look ?!?!?!?.. I tell ya now, it's addicting, once you get there ya
think "eh, this isn't so bad after all", LoL, and once your there you might even
slip a tad bit on the diet cuz that's ok too, you'll be thinking "ohhhhh noooo,
not eeeeeven gonna slip backwards", and ya don't.. Since I got done doin' the
comps from the past few months the waist-line has stayed at a steady 31 at
184lbs.. yeah I know, down a few lbs., but 1). it's summertime, wtf!! and 2). like
I said, it's addicting, you don't wanna go back to that extra layer.. Anyways, the
w/o's look solid bra', i'll be checkin' back soon...........Aloha'

NW.
Thanks for the words, bro. Very much appreciated.

214,,,,,,,,,It's coming Off Quick - Looks Like 199 is about 5-6 weeks away.
It's always great when that 1 shows up as the first number on the scale.
I think I can make it down to around 185 or so. Not that I want to get that light, but hell, if the fat is gone and that's where I end up, then so be it. Haha.

it is coming off quick indeed, im sure the cuts will give you a nice boost aswel, i imagine they are gonna fill ou with energy too to push even more in the workouts! good luck ww... its nice to see results!
I hope they do too. I've got one can right now ready to go. I'm making an order later on today for some more stuff. Hope things keep working for me.

weedlewott
08-07-10, 2:19 pm
Got a couple days to let you guys know about. I think I'll start with Wednesday.

Wed 8-4
Cardio
45 minutes tread

Abs
100 crunches
100 side bends per side

Thur 8-5
Hit this one all in one session. I usually break it down to two, but I had to be at work too early and shut it down. Working past closing time for my gym :(

Cardio
45 minutes

Abs
200 crunches
100 broom twists per side

DB Curls
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Kickbacks
30 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Cambered Bar Curls
65 x 15
65 x 15
75 x 15

Machine Pushdowns
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 12

Cable Pushdowns
75 x 20
85 x 20
95 x 20

Machine Curls
60 x 20
60 x 20
60 x 20

Done. Zero carbs for this whole thing, hence the lower numbers.. Disappointed in myself, but hell. It was all on an empty stomach, after cardio and abs. But whatever. Lol.

Fri 8-6
Leg day.. Whoop Whoop!!

Leg Extensions
105 x 20
135 x 20
165 x 20
195 x 20

Ham Curls
60 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

Squats
135 x 12 x 2

Leg Press ss Calf Presses
2pps x 20/30
3pps x 20/30
4pps x 20/30
5pps x 20/50

Ham Blasters
3 x 20... Holy shit..

10 minutes cardio

200 crunches (100 on machine with 80lbs)

Sat 8-7
Cardio
20 minutes on bike
25 minutes on tread with sprint for the last two minutes

Abs
200 crunches (100 were on machine with 60lbs)
25 side bends per side

Everything has been going really well in the gym. Steady weight loss. I'm happy. My strength hasn't gone down.I think it's due in part to hitting cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomach, and going back later after my two carb meals and hitting up the weights. I'm starting to see a little more definition. Not a whole lot, but a little. I'm going to try and get some pictures up here soon for those of you who want to see my progress. I'll post a link up to my "post Iron Contest" physique. It's just about the same physique I started this with. I can't distinguish a difference. But I didn't think to take before photos. Damn it all... Oh well. I'm out for the day. Catch up this evening. Be easy, fellas.

Firedrake
08-07-10, 2:46 pm
Solid work, bro -- glad to see things are progressing. Now you know why I got SO obsessive about progress pix during my prep. I can see my progress all the way down the line.

BryanSmash!
08-07-10, 3:55 pm
Great work, especially with sticking to the diet.

Necromatrix
08-07-10, 8:52 pm
Solid work for such low carbs. You are a beast, sir!

Vaze_06
08-08-10, 6:05 pm
loosing weight?!
does that mean u are aiming for a beach boy size... less than 200lbs... so i can make fun of u and give u crap...
please!! say Yes ahah =)

nice work

Mr. Dead
08-09-10, 12:34 pm
Nice lookin' sessions!!! Definitely gettin' the work done!!!

Steve48
08-09-10, 7:06 pm
How's the Tweak in the Back??

Big C
08-09-10, 7:39 pm
Lookin sweet in here man. I just dropped about 30 on Rage's diet....I know you are puttin in the work now don't let up.

DANO
08-09-10, 9:28 pm
OOOOH d!£t is a four letter word i dont like. haha keep up tje kick ass work WW

C.Coronato
08-10-10, 9:02 am
Its all about little advancements bro. Baby steps grow into a grand scheme. Keep rockin.

weedlewott
08-11-10, 9:14 am
Solid work, bro -- glad to see things are progressing. Now you know why I got SO obsessive about progress pix during my prep. I can see my progress all the way down the line.
Thanks, man. I'm glad to see it too. Kristan is always telling me that she doesn't like me getting "skinny". I don't know that I like that word. Lol. She still won't take any damned pics, though.

Great work, especially with sticking to the diet.
I'm giving it hell, man.

Solid work for such low carbs. You are a beast, sir!
Nah. I'm just on the grind.

loosing weight?!
does that mean u are aiming for a beach boy size... less than 200lbs... so i can make fun of u and give u crap...
please!! say Yes ahah =)

nice work
No. Not beach boy size. Because once this cut is done, I'm going to start putting on as much lean size as I can.

Nice lookin' sessions!!! Definitely gettin' the work done!!!
Thanks, man. They're carb driven sessions. Lol.

How's the Tweak in the Back??
It's getting better. Less and less irritating. I think I've found a good way to work it out. Every other week I do hyper extensions instead of deads. It seems to be working.

Lookin sweet in here man. I just dropped about 30 on Rage's diet....I know you are puttin in the work now don't let up.
Thanks, man. I'm not doing Rage's diet, although it's a very very solid one. I got some advice from C. Coronato and pieced a something together from previous experience and that of those much more knowledgeable than I am.

OOOOH d!£t is a four letter word i dont like. haha keep up tje kick ass work WW
Lol. Thanks, man. I'm giving it my all.

Its all about little advancements bro. Baby steps grow into a grand scheme. Keep rockin.
The little advancements are the ones that I like. I don't wanna lose too fast. Always appreciated, man.

weedlewott
08-11-10, 9:26 am
Finally got registered for classes Monday. Got there at 8 and finished up at 2pm, hit the gym, went to work, woke up yesterday, hit the gym, went to work at 12pm-10pm. So I've been really busy the past couple days, hence my absence, but still getting things done in the gym. Here's the past couple days..

Mon 8-9
Chest/Shoulders

Cardio 5 am
15 minutes on the bike
1.5 mile run 12:04. First hardball run in a while. Really disappointed.

Abs
100 crunches

Incline Flies
40 x 15
45 x 15
55 x 15

DB Mil Press
30 x 12
40 x 12
50 x 12

Inc. DB Press
55 x 12
65 x 12
70 x 12

Side Lateral Raises
30 x 15
35 x 15
40 x 15

Smith Chest Press (weight is just plates)
50 x 12
100 x 12
150 x 12

Smith MP
65 x 15
75 x 15
90 x 15

Smoked myself here. I was really burnt out. So tired, in fact, I had nothing left to give at work. Had to work until 10. But I've got two days off from work, so time to R & R.

Tue 8-10
Back/Traps/Rear Delts

Deads
135 x 15
195 x 15
195 x 15

Rev Flies
25 x 12
30 x 12
40 x 12

Pull Downs
127.5 x 15
140 x 15
145 x 15

Cable Push Downs (not sure what they are really called, will explain at the end)
50 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 12

Shrugs (rest time less than 10 seconds)
50 x 15
45 x 20
40 x 25
35 x 30
30 x 35
25 x 40
20 x 45

DB Rows
60 x 12
75 x 12
90 x 12

Spent. Those cable Push Downs, I was in the middle of the cable machine, arms out to either side, pulleys as high as they would go, had both arms fully extended (stayed that way), and brought the cables down to the side and back to above parallel. It works. That's all I've got for you at the moment. I'll be going a little bit later today to knock out some cardio and abs. Got Kristan a Pilates tape last night so she's pretty excited about that. You fellas be easy. I'll catch up.

wedge
08-11-10, 10:29 am
Some good work in here brother. Keep it up.
Do work.

BryanSmash!
08-11-10, 11:37 am
Nice work WW, now get some rest!

Firedrake
08-12-10, 12:55 am
You're getting all that done on YOUR schedule? I'm impressed!

weedlewott
08-12-10, 7:48 am
Some good work in here brother. Keep it up.
Do work.
Thanks, man. Trying to get things done.

Nice work WW, now get some rest!
Lol. Already rested up.

You're getting all that done on YOUR schedule? I'm impressed!
Don't be impressed. I'm making time for things. Thanks, though.

weedlewott
08-12-10, 7:51 am
All right... Cardio updates, because that's all I have up to this point in the day...

Wed 8-11

10 min @ 4.3
10 min @ 5.5
10 min @ 4.3
10 min @ 5.5
5 min @ 4.3 for cool down

Abs
50 crunches
100 broom twists

Thur 8-12
Cardio
12 min @ 4.3
12 min @ 5.5

Still have 21 minutes of cardio left to do, but I'm saving it for after today's workout. Was a little pressed for time this morning. Gonna do 7 min run, 7 min walk, 7 min run to finish cardio. 300 reps on abs. Gun show later this afternoon.

mritter3
08-12-10, 7:59 am
sounds good man...great start to the day.

weedlewott
08-12-10, 8:14 am
sounds good man...great start to the day.

Thanks, bro. I like to think the same thing...
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Forgot to update my supplement list. As follows:

Cuts
Pak
Pump
Protein Powder
Focus Supplement
Nitro

Cuts @ wake up
Pak w/ Meal 1 or 2
Cuts 30 min pre weights
Pump when I'm not feeling it
Protein powder 52g Protein, 7g Carbs, 5g Glutamine either PWO or whenever it fits
A focus supplement for poops and giggles
Nitro PWO

That's it. I'm trying to keep it as simple as I can. It seems to be working for now.

Starting Sunday, I'm adding Natural Sterol Complex to the mix. Hoping it works out.

C.Coronato
08-12-10, 10:08 am
Supplements look good bro. Keep rockin. Do you have a goal date that you want to wrap up your diet at?

Necromatrix
08-12-10, 11:25 am
Solid two days, WW! Way to get it done!

BryanSmash!
08-12-10, 12:47 pm
Good cardio regardless!

weedlewott
08-12-10, 3:38 pm
Supplements look good bro. Keep rockin. Do you have a goal date that you want to wrap up your diet at?
Thanks, man. What is your take on adding the NSC in my stack? I'm thinking it might help bring in a little of the mass and muscle density that I need to get to be where I want to be for now. I'm planning on wrapping it up on November 21st. If I just so happen to get my body fat down low enough before that, I'll call it. As of now, though, I'm going through with the full 18 weeks.

Solid two days, WW! Way to get it done!
Thank you, dude. Giving it my all.

Good cardio regardless!
I'm trying to get it done.

weedlewott
08-12-10, 3:45 pm
Gun Show

DB Curls
30 x 15
35 x 15
40 x 15

Cambered Bar Preacher Curls
55 x 15 close grip
55 x 15 wide grip
65 x 15 close grip
65 x 15 wide grip

Machine Curls
70 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20 very rough 20

Machine Push-Downs
70 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20

DB Skulls
30 x 12
35 x 12
35 x 12

Kickbacks
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Abs
100 crunches
75 broom twists to each side
25 weighted side bends to each side w/25lbs

Cardio
6 min @ 4.3
I upped it to 5.5. 1:30 later, I upped the incline to .5. 1:30 after that, I upped the speed to 6.0. Then I upped the speed again 1:30 later to 7.0 and incline to 3.0. 1:30 after that, I sprinted at 8.0 incline and 8.0 speed. It was pretty rough. 21 total minutes of cardio. I know it sounds confusing, but it's what I did. It was exhilarating. I'm pretty spent. Got home, smashed my protein shake. Starving...

Big C
08-12-10, 3:47 pm
Workout and cardio combo lookin sweet dude. Don't cramp up lifting that protein shake to your face!

weedlewott
08-12-10, 4:08 pm
Workout and cardio combo lookin sweet dude. Don't cramp up lifting that protein shake to your face!

Haha. It was actually just the second part of my cardio. I broke it up from this morning's 24 minutes. Finished my 45. But I made it count. I didn't cramp up. I felt it coming, but I started chugging. Lol.

DANO
08-12-10, 8:30 pm
Looking good there WW. Cardio looks SOOOO fun!

BryanSmash!
08-13-10, 3:00 am
Yay for smashing lol! Now eat something!

Mr. Dead
08-13-10, 11:52 am

x2... Glad to see that you're getting my cardio in, for me, as well.. *LOL*

Necromatrix
08-14-10, 7:14 pm
Hell yeah, the gun show! Sick work, big man.

Firedrake
08-14-10, 11:01 pm
NICE gun show, bro -- well done -- and some great cardio -- kept your heart rate going, I'm sure.

weedlewott
08-18-10, 8:51 am
Looking good there WW. Cardio looks SOOOO fun!
Thanks, DANO. It was a lot of fun, actually. Got something accomplished.

Done and done.

x2... Glad to see that you're getting my cardio in, for me, as well.. *LOL*
Yeah. I figured someone has to take up your slack. haha.

Hell yeah, the gun show! Sick work, big man.
Thanks, bro.

NICE gun show, bro -- well done -- and some great cardio -- kept your heart rate going, I'm sure.
Yep. Cardio was great, arms were pumped, ego was stroked. Lol.

weedlewott
08-18-10, 9:08 am
Got a couple days to update. Had drill this weekend. Didn't get a leg day in because it was a 3 day drill. Not a full one anyway. Got home and did some walking lunges, bodyweight squats, glute/ham bridges, and calf raises. Got a sick burn. Nothing too terribly special, though. Had my cardio in this weekend too. On to this week so far.

Mon
Chest/Shoulders

Incline Flies
40 x 15
50 x 15
55 x 15

BB Flat Bench
135 x 12
155 x 12
185 x 12

Incline Press
55 x 12
65 x 12
75 x 12

DB MP
35 x 12
45 x 12
50 x 12

Side Raises
30 x 15
35 x 15
45 x 15

Smith MP
70 x 15
80 x 15
90 x 15

Cardio
Won't be doing treadmill cardio for a while. Gotta get ready for a PT test for Drill Sergeant school and want to make a 300 on it. So cutting my 2 mile down to 13 minutes.
3.5 miles in 26 minutes

Abs
100 Machine Crunches
100 Broom Twists

Tue
Back/Traps/Rear Delts

Deadlifts
135 x 15
185 x 15
225 x 15
315 x 2
405 x 3/4 (head check) x 1 (first time trying this in quite a while. Since I got home from Iraq, as a matter of fact)

DB Rows
70 x 12
80 x 12
95 x 12

Reverse Flies
25 x 12
30 x 12
40 x 12

DB Shrugs
50 x 15
went from here to 20. Every 5lbs I dropped, I added 5 reps. So finished up at 20 x 45

Pull-Ups
3 sets of 5 slow slow reps.

Pull-Downs
135 x 15
140 x 15
150 x 15

No cardio. Making it up today. Gonna jog for 1 mile, then run 1/2 mile sprints for probably 4 total miles. Pretty excited.

Abs
20 Weighted Ball Catch Sit-Ups
25 Feet Throws
175 Medicine Ball Crunches

100 Broom Twists
50 Side Plank Raises

Really gotta step my PT test game up. I have until the 10th to get myself together. I only need to get 70% on all three events to pass, but if anyone noticed, I don't do bare minimum. I'm going to be hitting the weights as usual, just changing the face of my cardio to a whole lotta ground pounding. I bump into a new age bracket on Sunday, so that will make it a little bit easier, but I'm going for 80% in the 18-21 category. The 22-27 category is a little more lenient when it comes to reps and time. But fuck that.

Thrawn
08-18-10, 9:37 am
Subbed!
Pressed for time now, but will check your journey and what you been up to as soon as i can, brother!

C.Coronato
08-18-10, 10:25 am
Thanks, man. What is your take on adding the NSC in my stack? I'm thinking it might help bring in a little of the mass and muscle density that I need to get to be where I want to be for now. I'm planning on wrapping it up on November 21st. If I just so happen to get my body fat down low enough before that, I'll call it. As of now, though, I'm going through with the full 18 weeks.

Nice man 18 weeks should set you up for some solid fat loss. NSC would be great. The overall internal health and antioxidants it provides is awesome. I actually wanna pick some up my self.

DANO
08-18-10, 12:27 pm
Nice work WW! good times on the run, but 13:00 for 2 miles wow that is brutal, but you can do it.

weedlewott
08-18-10, 2:16 pm
Subbed!
Pressed for time now, but will check your journey and what you been up to as soon as i can, brother!
Glad to have you in, bro. It's not too much to look at, but hell... It'll pass the time you're not pressed for. Ha.

Nice man 18 weeks should set you up for some solid fat loss. NSC would be great. The overall internal health and antioxidants it provides is awesome. I actually wanna pick some up my self.
Yeah. That was also on the list for my getting it. I've been running it since Sunday and feel great. I'm sore as hell from my workouts, which is always really good. The intensity hasn't been cranked up too much more than what it usuall was and I'm getting sore. I'm counting it as a win. I'll let you know in the long run how it works out. It's the 180 tablet can, so I'm good for 30 days.

Nice work WW! good times on the run, but 13:00 for 2 miles wow that is brutal, but you can do it.
Thanks, man. I'm gonna give it everything I have.

wedge
08-18-10, 2:37 pm
Real deal in here. Keep it up bro.

mritter3
08-18-10, 2:46 pm
looking good in here man...keep up the strong work.

Necromatrix
08-18-10, 7:30 pm
Awesome job both days big man. Jeez, the drop set marathon for DB shrugs must have been swell. Lol! 13 minutes for 2 miles is a bitch, but you got it.

weedlewott
08-20-10, 8:17 am
Real deal in here. Keep it up bro.
Trying to be, man. I have a long long way to go.

looking good in here man...keep up the strong work.
Thank you. Baby steps, right?

Awesome job both days big man. Jeez, the drop set marathon for DB shrugs must have been swell. Lol! 13 minutes for 2 miles is a bitch, but you got it.
Dude. You have got to try them. Regardless of your next trap exercise, give this a try. Don't start too high or you'll burn out, quick, fast, and in a hurry.

50 x 15
45 x 20
40 x 25
35 x 30
30 x 35
25 x 40
20 x 45

I'm telling you. Let your rest time be no less than 5 seconds, no more than 8. Serious business.

Thrawn
08-20-10, 8:18 am
I did the reading through this journey.
The first post speaks volumes to me. Last year i was out of the game for around 8 months myself. There was a good solid reason for me burning out in the first place: TOO MUCH on my plate. A job i didnt like, setting up my own business with a friend, training for a meet. It was all too much and drained me. I burned out and wanted to take a small break. It took me 8 months to return. Same as you, i had all opportunity to go and do whatever work i could want, but i missed the incentive somehow. I dont blame anything for it in hindsight. A burnout is a burnout.
One day i was at home, bored, angry at the world. I picked up one of my training bands and stretched it cause i had toooo much energy. There was this instant feel of recoginition. Muscles, blood, gripping stuff. And the fact i could barely pull it apart. THAT was the incentive that got me back. I was SO bloody motivated after not being able to stretch that band anymore that i packed my bag and left for the gym. I went in and got back to work. 6 weeks later i am already back to weights approaching my PR's. At this moment i am deadcertain i can take them out one by one.

Glad that, like me, you found your way home again. Back on the path to a better self. Never mind why you strayed. Never mind how you came back. Fact is: you ARE back. So logic dictates, you never quit. You were just not there for a while =)

Lets keep the eye on the prize and keep adding plates.
Good last couple of workouts, buddy!

weedlewott
08-20-10, 8:32 am
Yesterday was what I would consider a marginal success. I got some work done.

DB Curls
30 x 12
35 x 12
45 x 12

DB Kickbacks
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Preacher Curls
55 x 15 Close Grip
65 x 15 Close Grip
55 x 15 Wide Grip
65 x 15 Wide Grip

DB Skulls
30 x 10
35 x 10
40 x 10 These are beast.... Just saying.

Rope Push Downs
My own personal Burnouts....
Start at a heavy weight you're gonna barely get 10 at, do them, drop the weight 10lbs, and do 10 more. once you hit 10lbs, do your 10, then work your way back up....

130 x 10
120 x 10
110 x 10
100 x 10
10 x 10
20 x 10
so on and so forth until you just die...

Machine Curls
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

Abs
150 Swiss ball Crunches
50 Side Plank Raises

Cardio
1/2 mile runs @ 3 minutes for 3 miles.

Thrawn
08-20-10, 8:36 am
I did the reading through this journey.
The first post speaks volumes to me. Last year i was out of the game for around 8 months myself. There was a good solid reason for me burning out in the first place: TOO MUCH on my plate. A job i didnt like, setting up my own business with a friend, training for a meet. It was all too much and drained me. I burned out and wanted to take a small break. It took me 8 months to return. Same as you, i had all opportunity to go and do whatever work i could want, but i missed the incentive somehow. I dont blame anything for it in hindsight. A burnout is a burnout.
One day i was at home, bored, angry at the world. I picked up one of my training bands and stretched it cause i had toooo much energy. There was this instant feel of recoginition. Muscles, blood, gripping stuff. And the fact i could barely pull it apart. THAT was the incentive that got me back. I was SO bloody motivated after not being able to stretch that band anymore that i packed my bag and left for the gym. I went in and got back to work. 6 weeks later i am already back to weights approaching my PR's. At this moment i am deadcertain i can take them out one by one.

Glad that, like me, you found your way home again. Back on the path to a better self. Never mind why you strayed. Never mind how you came back. Fact is: you ARE back. So logic dictates, you never quit. You were just not there for a while =)

Lets keep the eye on the prize and keep adding plates.
Good last couple of workouts, buddy!

Just in case you missed that post of mine!

Impressive workload, even tho you consider it marginally succesfull!
I just dont understand a DB pushdown? How can you push down a DB? What kind of exercise is this?

weedlewott
08-20-10, 8:42 am
Just in case you missed that post of mine!

Impressive workload, even tho you consider it marginally succesfull!
I just dont understand a DB pushdown? How can you push down a DB? What kind of exercise is this?

Man, I'm really sorry I missed that post. I read up on it. Your words are quite the inspiration. I've got all the drive in the world right now. Most things that start off fantastic usually fade away as the new wears away, but this is still going strong deep into week 5. I'm down to 209 from 223. I didn't mean to put DB pushdowns.. I mean for it to be rope, and fixed it. Lol. Sorry. It's only marginal because I didn't improve very much on anything. That's my goal is to improve on each exercise every week in either starting weight or finishing weight... Marginal. Thanks for the read, again.

Thrawn
08-20-10, 8:54 am
Man, I'm really sorry I missed that post. I read up on it. Your words are quite the inspiration. I've got all the drive in the world right now. Most things that start off fantastic usually fade away as the new wears away, but this is still going strong deep into week 5. I'm down to 209 from 223. I didn't mean to put DB pushdowns.. I mean for it to be rope, and fixed it. Lol. Sorry. It's only marginal because I didn't improve very much on anything. That's my goal is to improve on each exercise every week in either starting weight or finishing weight... Marginal. Thanks for the read, again.

I had my suspicions =) Just after i posted mine, yours appeared. You were probably writing yours while i posted mine =) Its all good =)
Same here. I got so much drive lately its almost illegal.
AH. Then i get it. And i understand the big burn behind them also =)
You miss the key in your post: you call it marginal cause you didnt improve very much. In MY book, progress is progress. Even if its only ONE rep or half a pound. Progress is progress no mattter how you cut it. Marginal still trumps over stagnant or offday.

Sure, i enjoyed the read, so i know where your coming from. Now i am hear to tag along on your road. Cheer, support and critique whenever one of the three is needed.
We all need support or a kick in the backside sometimes!

weedlewott
08-20-10, 9:04 am
I had my suspicions =) Just after i posted mine, yours appeared. You were probably writing yours while i posted mine =) Its all good =)
Same here. I got so much drive lately its almost illegal.
AH. Then i get it. And i understand the big burn behind them also =)
You miss the key in your post: you call it marginal cause you didnt improve very much. In MY book, progress is progress. Even if its only ONE rep or half a pound. Progress is progress no mattter how you cut it. Marginal still trumps over stagnant or offday.

Sure, i enjoyed the read, so i know where your coming from. Now i am hear to tag along on your road. Cheer, support and critique whenever one of the three is needed.
We all need support or a kick in the backside sometimes!

Haha. I said the exact same thing in your Journey about progress not fifteen minutes ago. Glad to have you along.

DANO
08-20-10, 9:33 am
Wow, that dropset on the pressdowns looks BRUTAL! keep crushing it WW!

Necromatrix
08-20-10, 4:58 pm

Lotta ditto on that! Hmm... Think I'm gonna raid the Weedlewott drop-set-burn-out-holy-hell routines when I have a "cruise" period with DC.

C.Coronato
08-20-10, 5:10 pm
Damn. Those pushdowns are no joke.

Big C
08-20-10, 6:01 pm
Growin some major guns for your woman! Can't go wrong there bro. Enjoy the weekend...

weedlewott
08-21-10, 5:00 pm
Yeah. It's a beast. One of my favorites.

Lotta ditto on that! Hmm... Think I'm gonna raid the Weedlewott drop-set-burn-out-holy-hell routines when I have a "cruise" period with DC.
Haha. From time to time it's nice to just go for a burn.

Damn. Those pushdowns are no joke.
Give them a shot, big man. I know you're gettin bigger now, but hell... let me know what you think. Although I'm quite sure you've already done them.

Growin some major guns for your woman! Can't go wrong there bro. Enjoy the weekend...
Trying to get like you, big man. You enjoy yours, as well.

weedlewott
08-21-10, 5:05 pm
Very nice today. Impressed with myself.

Squats (deep)
135 x 12
225 x 12
275 x 10 + 2

Leg Extensions
125 x 20
140 x 20
165 x 20
200 x 20

Ham Curls
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20
100 x 20

Ham Blasters
3 sets of 20

Leg Press ss/Calf Press
135 x 20/40
195 x 20/30
255 x 20/30
315 x 20/30

Abs
Swiss ball Crunches x 200
Broom Twists x 100 per side

Done. Today was a good day. Got in, got it done, and got out. Smoked.

mcbeast
08-21-10, 9:34 pm
Very nice today. Impressed with myself.

Squats (deep)
135 x 12
225 x 12
275 x 10 + 2

Leg Extensions
125 x 20
140 x 20
165 x 20
200 x 20

Ham Curls
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20
100 x 20

Ham Blasters
3 sets of 20

Leg Press ss/Calf Press
135 x 20/40
195 x 20/30
255 x 20/30
315 x 20/30

Abs
Swiss ball Crunches x 200
Broom Twists x 100 per side

Done. Today was a good day. Got in, got it done, and got out. Smoked.

have fun hobblin' for a few days!

SpankyC
08-21-10, 9:41 pm
Yesterday was what I would consider a marginal success. I got some work done.

DB Curls
30 x 12
35 x 12
45 x 12

DB Kickbacks
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Preacher Curls
55 x 15 Close Grip
65 x 15 Close Grip
55 x 15 Wide Grip
65 x 15 Wide Grip

DB Skulls
30 x 10
35 x 10
40 x 10 These are beast.... Just saying.

Rope Push Downs
My own personal Burnouts....
Start at a heavy weight you're gonna barely get 10 at, do them, drop the weight 10lbs, and do 10 more. once you hit 10lbs, do your 10, then work your way back up....

130 x 10
120 x 10
110 x 10
100 x 10
10 x 10
20 x 10
so on and so forth until you just die...

Machine Curls
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

Abs
150 Swiss ball Crunches
50 Side Plank Raises

Cardio
1/2 mile runs @ 3 minutes for 3 miles.

Im in for the gun show!!!

Thrawn
08-22-10, 4:15 am
Outstanding legwork! Very very nice!
Enjoy the wobble =)

Steve48
08-22-10, 7:01 am
Awesome Leg Workout; Those are some hard ass Leg Extensions.....Nothing Burns like the last 3 or 4 reps on extensions. Enjoy the pain

Necromatrix
08-22-10, 12:06 pm
Awesome wheel session, WW!

BryanSmash!
08-22-10, 3:23 pm
Good squattin WW!

Firedrake
08-22-10, 10:38 pm
You SHOULD be impressed with yourself -- nice work!

weedlewott
08-24-10, 10:07 am
have fun hobblin' for a few days!
Man... It's been rough..

Im in for the gun show!!!
Lol. Good to have you, bro.

Outstanding legwork! Very very nice!
Enjoy the wobble =)
Thanks, man. I'm doing what I can with the walking part of life.

Awesome Leg Workout; Those are some hard ass Leg Extensions.....Nothing Burns like the last 3 or 4 reps on extensions. Enjoy the pain
Yes, Sir. You nailed it.

Awesome wheel session, WW!
I don't know about awesome, but effective...

Good squattin WW!
First time heavy in a while. Felt good. Thanks.

You SHOULD be impressed with yourself -- nice work!
Thanks, Jim. Coming from you, I take it as a compliment.

weedlewott
08-24-10, 10:11 am
Yesterday... Yeah. That's all I can really say.

Incline Flies
40 x 15
55 x 15
60 x 15

Flat BB Press
135 x 10 (too easy)
225 x 10 (feeling GREAT)
245 x 10
265 x 3, 4, 3
295 x 2
315 x 1..... First time in a long time. Felt good. A little slow, but powered through the sticking point. I'm loving this having a partner thing. Pushes me and lets me do weights I wouldn't try alone.

Single arm Decline DB Press
55 x 12
65 x 12
80 x 12

Seated Mil Press
135 x 12 x 3

Side Raises
30 x 15
40 x 15
50 x 15 (heavy as fuck)

Abs
100 Crunches
50 Side Plank Raises

Cardio
30 seconds... Legs really really really fucking hurt... That's all I've got for you, guys. I'll be hitting up back tonight after class..

BryanSmash!
08-24-10, 3:06 pm
Nice pressin WW, glad to see your up to 3 pies already!

DANO
08-24-10, 3:54 pm
Nice work WW... Man I laughed at the 30sec of cardio! I KNOW that feeling.

mcbeast
08-24-10, 3:56 pm

Indeed. Then all the people around you just stare, lol. Good work on the 3pies brotha.

Mr. Dead
08-24-10, 3:56 pm

x2!!!

Firedrake
08-24-10, 4:15 pm
GREAT chest day! Congrats on the 3 pies!

weedlewott
08-24-10, 5:51 pm
Thanks, man. I walked in feeling like shit, got under the bar and it hit me... This is what I'm here for. This is why I come to the gym. I'm here to be the best man I can possibly be...

Haha. yeah. It was pretty damned beat up from leg day. I still am, as a matter of fact.

Indeed. Then all the people around you just stare, lol. Good work on the 3pies brotha.
Haha. yeah they all stared.. I didn't really care. I just looked back at them like they were stupid.

x2!!!
x3!!!

GREAT chest day! Congrats on the 3 pies!
You know it, Jim. i'm trying to be like you.

Firedrake
08-24-10, 6:10 pm
You know it, Jim. i'm trying to be like you.

Dude, you have me seriously pwn3d on bench -- I can barely get 225 right now.

Necromatrix
08-24-10, 6:44 pm
Great chest day, WW! Congrats on the 315, thats outstanding.

NJC_Manhattan
08-24-10, 7:24 pm
Long time no see buddy. Looking good in here

Vaze_06
08-24-10, 7:29 pm
u havent bumped your work out......... always been a lazy ass cory.... lucky its a nice ass otherwise they would have banned u a loooooooooong time ago ahahaaaaahahaahah

Thrawn
08-25-10, 2:44 am
Outstanding work, big man! Big workload, big weights!

Keep adding plates!!

GUNS
08-25-10, 9:55 am
You have been holding out on us.

weedlewott
08-25-10, 9:59 am
Dude, you have me seriously pwn3d on bench -- I can barely get 225 right now.
Key words... Right now...

Great chest day, WW! Congrats on the 315, thats outstanding.
Thanks, man. It felt really heavy, but I knew I had it in me.

Long time no see buddy. Looking good in here
Thanks, bro. I've been kinda doing my own thing trying to cut down. Good to see you.

u havent bumped your work out......... always been a lazy ass cory.... lucky its a nice ass otherwise they would have banned u a loooooooooong time ago ahahaaaaahahaahah
Why didn't you do it for me, since you're so concerned over it??

Outstanding work, big man! Big workload, big weights!

Keep adding plates!!
You know how these things work. Ha. Thanks, man. I had planned on it.

You have been holding out on us.
Whatever do you mean?

weedlewott
08-25-10, 10:07 am
5 A.M. Cardio
10 minute walk @ 4.1 to warm the legs up
15 minute run (increased both incline and speed as it went) finishing out at 7.0 speed @ 3.5 incline. Work....

Back/Traps/Rear Delts

Swiss ball Hyper Extensions
bw x 20
+10 x 20 x 3

DB Rows
70 x 12
80 x 12
100 x 12

BB Shrugs
135 x 20
185 x 20
225 x 20
275 x 20

Reverse Flies
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Pull-Ups
6, 5, 5, 3

Pull-Downs
135 x 15
150 x 15
155 x 15

Abs
100 Swiss ball crunches

Everything felt good. I'm actually going a little bit later to talk to someone about a job as a Personal Trainer. Wish me luck.

Big C
08-25-10, 10:45 am
Solid back w/o WW. Good luck on the trainer job.......I'm sure you know a helluva lot more than most of the goofball trainers I run into on the daily.

BryanSmash!
08-25-10, 12:12 pm
Good luck with the job!

Necromatrix
08-25-10, 5:17 pm
Good luck with the job!

Dittoness!

Great back day also. Keep after it!

GUNS
08-26-10, 7:34 am
Good day man. I will be looking to do the same when i retire. Good luck with the job. I may have to come up and get some training in.

mritter3
08-26-10, 8:10 am
strong back session...good luck with the personal trainer interview.

weedlewott
08-26-10, 10:22 pm
Solid back w/o WW. Good luck on the trainer job.......I'm sure you know a helluva lot more than most of the goofball trainers I run into on the daily.
Thanks, man. I talked to the owner and she said that she would definitely keep in touch. She seemed to like me well enough and said she was looking for more male Personal Trainers.

Good luck with the job!
Thanks, man. I went in, filled out the app., and talked to her.

Dittoness!

Great back day also. Keep after it!
Big back, right?

Good day man. I will be looking to do the same when i retire. Good luck with the job. I may have to come up and get some training in.
Sweet, dude. Let me know when you get that way. You can try and swing by before you peace out.

strong back session...good luck with the personal trainer interview.
Thanks, bro. I'm trying to get in and get things done.

machineman
08-26-10, 10:27 pm
solid work, bro....hope the job pans out....keep on keepin' on!!

weedlewott
08-26-10, 10:40 pm
Had quite the productive day today...

Warm Up
Pull-ups
6, 4, 2

Dips
20 x 3

Workout

Pinwheel Curls
40 x 15
50 x 15
60 x 15

Kick Backs
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Concentration Curls (DB over incline bench)
30 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

CGBP
135 x 10
165 x 10
195 x 10

Single Arm Reverse Pushdowns (tris)
50 x 20
60 x 20
70 x 20

Static Pull-Up Holds
26 seconds
11 seconds (grip was off)
49 seconds

Things went quite well this morning. I decided to mix it up a little bit and get a slightly bigger pump. Can most certainly feel the difference that NSC is making... I'm going to do a reset on the diet starting Sunday.

6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal
8oz chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice
8oz chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice
8oz chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli, 25 almonds
Protein shake PWO
8oz chicken, 25 almonds

I have hit what I believe is a sticking point, as I've been stuck at 210 for two weeks now. Can't tell anything new in the mirror, so I'm stirring the pot and adding back the carbs. Cardio is going to be HIIT and the road running from here on out. I like it better anyway, first of all, I don't get bored, secondly, I keep my body guessing and burn more overall calories anyway. I'm wanting to avoid the "steady state"....

I hit up some abs, but was quite pressed for time. Sucks, but still.. I'll make up for it here in a few minutes. Tomorrow is Legs. Pretty excited.

weedlewott
08-26-10, 10:41 pm
solid work, bro....hope the job pans out....keep on keepin' on!!

Thanks, man. Always appreciated.

Necromatrix
08-26-10, 10:51 pm
Solid gun show, WW! Sounds like a good plan on the diet as well. A confuzzled anatomy = evolution.

GUNS
08-27-10, 7:24 am
Like the arm day. Love the pump when bi/tri are done together. Glad to see your adding in some carbs, as I am not at this point. No carbs for me right now after my post workout meal at lunch. Good work man!

mritter3
08-27-10, 8:27 am
strong workout man...things are def. looking great...keep it going.

weedlewott
08-27-10, 11:08 am
Solid gun show, WW! Sounds like a good plan on the diet as well. A confuzzled anatomy = evolution.
Thanks, man. I've gotta keep making progress. Don't like that the mirror isn't saying anything new...

Like the arm day. Love the pump when bi/tri are done together. Glad to see your adding in some carbs, as I am not at this point. No carbs for me right now after my post workout meal at lunch. Good work man!
Man, yeah. It's pretty beast. I just had to change things up and keep it interesting.

strong workout man...things are def. looking great...keep it going.
Much appreciated, bro. Trying to keep myself going...

weedlewott
08-27-10, 11:12 am
Did some HIIT today. 30 minutes worth.

3 minutes walking @ 4.0
1:30 running @ 11.5

Beast

Did a mock PT test, with everything but the run. Push-Ups and Sit-Ups. Two minutes

2MPU
103 reps

2MSU
81 reps

Gotta get my run time established. I'll be doing a full mock up next week to see where I stand on the run. I need to get 15:42 minimum, but I'm going for more than that. True story. We'll see how it all pans out.

Thrawn
08-27-10, 11:45 am
Looking good, brother! Lifting heavy, cardio. You ARE a machine!

Necromatrix
08-27-10, 4:15 pm

See! I said it before, but ohhhhh no, you disagreed. Sorry, WW, your secret is out. Only thing to know now is... Are you the terminator type, or maybe a bionic or...? :)

Sick cardio! Not sure I could make 1 minute 30 sec at 11.5 much less an hour and a half. (Machine...Jus sayin)

Looks like you are well on your way to getting a 300 for your PT test. Awesome!

weedlewott
08-27-10, 4:53 pm
Thanks, man. But I don't think I'm any more than the man next to me, nor any less than the man in front of me.

See! I said it before, but ohhhhh no, you disagreed. Sorry, WW, your secret is out. Only thing to know now is... Are you the terminator type, or maybe a bionic or...? :)

Sick cardio! Not sure I could make 1 minute 30 sec at 11.5 much less an hour and a half. (Machine...Jus sayin)

Looks like you are well on your way to getting a 300 for your PT test. Awesome!
Lol. Appreciate it, man. I don't think I'll get a 300, but I'll sure as hell be pushing for it.

weedlewott
08-27-10, 5:03 pm
Had a decent day today. Did legs.

1MR to warm it up. 10 minutes

Leg Extensions
135 x 20
150 x 20
180 x 20
210 x 20

Ham Blasters
3 sets of 20

Leg Press/ Single-Leg Calf Press
2pps x 20/ 30 lost my footing here after my last rep and the sled came crashing down on my right shin. I forgot to put the stops back before calf presses... Shit hurt like a mother fucker... Sat there holding my shins for about two minutes and got back to work...
3pps x 20/ 30
4pps x 20/ 30
6pps x 20/ 30

Lying Ham Curls
60 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20
90 x 20

That's about all she wrote for me today. No squats for the obvious reason... As much as it sucks, I don't think it would have been the smoothest move I ever would have made, though. So I opted out of it. Still got some good work in. I think it's just gonna be a really deep bruise, but a bruise all the same. If it starts hurting too much, I'll go and get it looked at. Since it wasn't too much weight coming down, I don't think I fractured it, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. Take it easy, fellas.

Steve48
08-27-10, 6:30 pm
Sticking Points on Weight Loss SUCK.....escpecially when you know you put in the work.
Stay Focused it will Fall

Necromatrix
08-27-10, 8:17 pm
Hell of a leg day! Especially continuing after such a hit on the shin. Hope it's nothing too serious.

SpankyC
08-27-10, 8:23 pm
Good work bro im in!

Thrawn
08-28-10, 4:19 am
Nice legday! Way to push through after hurting your shin... i hope it turns out to be alright.

weedlewott
09-01-10, 12:37 pm
Sticking Points on Weight Loss SUCK.....escpecially when you know you put in the work.
Stay Focused it will Fall
I'm trying, bro. Trying. I just gotta stay on my grind. This cold isn't helping. At all...

Hell of a leg day! Especially continuing after such a hit on the shin. Hope it's nothing too serious.
It really wasn't all that bad. Just something unexpected.

Good work bro im in!
Word. Good to see you back.

Nice legday! Way to push through after hurting your shin... i hope it turns out to be alright.
Much appreciated. Giving it my all, cuz.

weedlewott
09-01-10, 12:58 pm
Okay. So I've had a serious head cold the last three days... Sucks fat man nuts. Still sick, but I've been doing what I can. I've been thrown off the diet as I can't keep food down, so I haven't been eating a ton. I have been trying to drink a protein shake or two extra for supplementation of the meals I can't eat, but carbs have been basically nill. Still been grinding it out in the gym.

Monday
Chest/Delts

Incline Flies
45 x 15
55 x 15
60 x 15

Incline BP
135 x 12
165 x 12
185 x 12

Side Raises
30 x 15
35 x 15
40 x 15

Smith Press
1pps x 12
2ppx x 12
2+25 x 10,1,1

Smith MP
80 x 15
90 x 15
100 x 15

Cardio
25 minutes HIIT
4.0 for 3 minutes
11.5 for 2:30

Abs
150 crunches
50 side bends

Today
Back/Traps/Rear Delts

Hypers
3 x 20

BB Rows
135 x 12
185 x 12
225 x 12

Rev Flies
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

HS Lat Pull Down
1pps x 15
2pps x 15
2+25 x 15

Pull-Ups
6, 8, 6

Cardio
1.5 Miles @ 11:30

15 minutes HIIT
(same formula as Monday)

Abs
150 Swiss ball Crunches
50 Weighted Side Bends

Done. I still feel like crap, but I'm getting better. Forcing the food down today. It's a bitch, but it's gotta be done. Not looking at a scale for the next week. Weighed in at 211 this Sunday. Going to see how this week works out despite the cold. Will do a full healthy week with no changes to the diet after this. See where I stand.

shizz702
09-01-10, 1:23 pm
That's what I'm talking about! Getting in and getting it done despite obstacles!

No excuses! Good stuff bro.

BryanSmash!
09-01-10, 2:11 pm
Good training especially for feeling like shit. Now rest up lol.

GUNS
09-01-10, 2:35 pm
Just getting over a cold right now so I know how your feeling. I am still hacking up some pretty big oysters. So it is going away.

Great pushing through it!

How's the shin?

NJC_Manhattan
09-01-10, 2:50 pm
Good workouts as always

C.Coronato
09-01-10, 2:51 pm
211? Lookin good brotha!

Necromatrix
09-01-10, 5:19 pm
Great chest day, WW! Even better considering the cold. Keep it up!

"Fat man nuts..." I loled!

Steve48
09-01-10, 6:34 pm
Great Work getting the Workout in given how you feel......Overcoming is what it's all about

Firedrake
09-01-10, 6:37 pm
Solid work for feeling like crap, bro -- I sympathize, truly. 211? You mean I'm only 6 pounds heavier than you? <grin>

wedge
09-01-10, 7:59 pm
It's going to take more than a cold to keep you down. Way to persevere.
Feel better.

Big C
09-01-10, 8:02 pm
Bro I've had a cold twice this summer ....ain't it fun? I usually get shit in the winter not summer though - weird. Get better and get back on your grind my man.

weedlewott
09-02-10, 7:50 pm
That's what I'm talking about! Getting in and getting it done despite obstacles!

No excuses! Good stuff bro.
Thanks, man. Trying to do what I can.

Good training especially for feeling like shit. Now rest up lol.
Yeah. I certainly felt like just that.

Just getting over a cold right now so I know how your feeling. I am still hacking up some pretty big oysters. So it is going away.

Great pushing through it!

How's the shin?
Shin's not too bad. It's bruised and a nasty purple, but still getting the work in.

Good workouts as always
Thanks, bro.

211? Lookin good brotha!
I'm actually kinda disappointed in myself. I was down to 210, got stuck there, and bounced back... Advice?

Great chest day, WW! Even better considering the cold. Keep it up!

"Fat man nuts..." I loled!
Ha. Good deal.

Great Work getting the Workout in given how you feel......Overcoming is what it's all about
I'm doing what I can. No excuses...

Solid work for feeling like crap, bro -- I sympathize, truly. 211? You mean I'm only 6 pounds heavier than you? <grin>
Thanks, man. Yeah. But I'm also a lot fatter than you. Haha.

It's going to take more than a cold to keep you down. Way to persevere.
Feel better.
Yep. It's going to take a hell of a lot to keep me down, bro. Cold, fucked up shin, crazy schedule... Fuck it. I'm game.

Bro I've had a cold twice this summer ....ain't it fun? I usually get shit in the winter not summer though - weird. Get better and get back on your grind my man.
Shit sucks, dude. I never get sick. I seriously have been sick maybe 8 times my entire life... I'm keeping on it. Using you as a bit of inspiration. I'm drawing from everyone here.

weedlewott
09-02-10, 9:26 pm
Got to work today. Had to wait until after class, though. I was planning on running a mock up PT test today to see where I stood, but hell... Alarm didn't go off and way overslept. Still got it done, though.

Arms

Pull-Ups

Dips

DB Curls
35 x 12
40 x 12
45 x 12

Kickbacks
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Cambered Bar Curls
55 x 15
65 x 15
85 x 15

DB Skull Crushers
35 x 15
40 x 15
40 x 15 (felt weak on the first set of 40, decided to repeat. Good thing)

Rope Push-downs
60 x 20
70 x 20
80 x 20

Machine Curls
80 x 20
90 x 20
100 x 20

Cardio : None
Hit my shin really hard on the DB's earlier, had trouble walking, so knew I couldn't run.

Didn't do abs at the gym, did them at home. Head cold is still lingering, and it was hitting me at the gym, so I peaced out. I had a huge huge huge pump from the workout, though. I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow. I'll catch up with you guys then. Online homework.. Yay.