PDA

View Full Version : Water intake

HDV
06-25-10, 10:32 am
My question is,is it necessary to drink 2 - 3 galons of water daily? I would assume the reason we pee so much is because the body would retain what it needs and the rest is dicarded.

Obviously with certain supplements water is needed as per instruction but besides cleansing what else does water supply to the body besides hydration?

PIJW
06-25-10, 10:36 am
It doesnt matter if i am cutting or bulking or maintaining. On a daily basis i try to consume at minimum a gallon a day but i am always trying for more.

adidas
06-25-10, 10:36 am
who the hell drinks 3 gallons of water aday?! Holy shit!

the MOST I have ever drank in a day was 2 gallons...typically I get in about a gallon and half...maybe a lil more, maybe a lil less...but never even dreamed of 3 gallons! Christ!

HDV
06-25-10, 11:09 am
Laughing my ass off here Sorry I was thinking of liters and I typed gallons my bad! Ok well here is the thing reason I asked is I drink water while I train and after during the day I drink about another liter of water.

I asked this question cause I see mentioned that one must drink plenty water but I see no point in drinking excess water

J Wong
06-25-10, 11:24 am
who the hell drinks 3 gallons of water aday?! Holy shit!

Ahem.

adidas
06-25-10, 11:26 am
Ahem.

I just got off the phone with your bladder...he hates you...not my words. his.

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 11:29 am
1 gallon year round. Until im 2 weeks out from the show i bump to 2 gallons. I dont see any need for more than a gallon unless your in the 100+ heat working long hours, or if your getting ready for a show, or something along those lines.

Survivor831
06-25-10, 11:46 am
I just got off the phone with your bladder...he hates you...not my words. his.

LOL. Very Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDV
06-25-10, 11:50 am
LOL. Very Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gees I laughed so hard when I saw my typo lol gents my apologies rather a classic moment!

As for my bladder I'm not surprised he hates me LOL

randytylor
06-26-10, 8:44 am
Well as we know the water is the life and essential for the health. It does not mind how much you drink but atleast drink 8 glass of water if possible because it fill the deficiency of the dehydration.

Big C
06-26-10, 10:48 am
Gallon and a half a day. And that extra half is just b/c I'm so damn thirsty all the time. Most of my water is mixed w/ BCAA Stak especially now that I'm cutting.

AntoineV
06-26-10, 4:52 pm
a bodybuilder needs to drink 4 liters of water per day... MININUM!!

auburn_1984
06-26-10, 11:20 pm
I have never really been or even tried to apply for a sow. I have always been lifting for strength and for personal health. I was wondering why do you bump your water intake to 2 gallons if you are getting ready for a show?

HDV
06-28-10, 2:45 am
a bodybuilder needs to drink 4 liters of water per day... MININUM!!

For what reason? You will piss out probably more than half of that as ones body only keeps what it needs or am I wrong in saying so?

Joseph V
06-28-10, 3:24 am
For what reason? You will piss out probably more than half of that as ones body only keeps what it needs or am I wrong in saying so?

it depends on how hard you work out,..how big you are..how much you tax your liver from shit you take in ..etccc

in my opinion

Joseph V
06-28-10, 3:25 am
for me as of now..im perfectly fine with about a gallon to a gallon of water

HDV
06-28-10, 4:15 am
it depends on how hard you work out,..how big you are..how much you tax your liver from shit you take in ..etccc

in my opinion

Sure this I can agree with.I mean I only drink about a liter or a bit more than that which I feel is fine for myself as I constantly have fluids in me anyway never feel thirsty and I drink water while I train as well.

Big Wides
06-28-10, 6:02 am
For water intake, like many have said here a good rule of thumb to follow on a consistant basis is 1 to 1.25 gallons a day, think I remember Tiny saying that for creatine to work properly 1.25 gallons did the trick. Anything more than that, to me is a waste of nutrients and it can easily throw off your electrolyte balance. This is for the average Joe Blow who is training or bulking up. If you are dieting on the other hand, 1.5 - 2 gallons a day. I would not reccomend more than 2 gallons per day

reSPEctiron
06-28-10, 8:36 am
I try to do 2 gallons on workout day but then again,im working in a kitchen that stays around 96 degrees so im sweating alot.

Joseph V
06-28-10, 12:12 pm
Sure this I can agree with.I mean I only drink about a liter or a bit more than that which I feel is fine for myself as I constantly have fluids in me anyway never feel thirsty and I drink water while I train as well.

oh and also...i drink usually more then half my intake while im at the gym.....

Joseph V
06-28-10, 12:13 pm
its just my belief that if your not 200 pounds or more, ..there no need to be downing 3 gallons...with 1.5 to 2 you should be satisfied

LegendKillerJosh
06-28-10, 1:00 pm

water is extremely important for just about all activities. especially, performance. if you aren't properly hydrated you won't be able to lift to your full potential. so why risk it? get in a gallon per day.

BellaVega
06-28-10, 4:24 pm
I never realized the importance of drinking water until I suffered from heat exhaustion while golfing one time. I had been drinking coffee all day and didn't have any water when I played that afternoon. I first started sweating but then I started getting really clammy and wasn't sweating much at all. I then got sick after 7 holes and decided to play through to 9 holes. By the ninth hole I was on the ground and could barely breathe. My heart was racing and I was completely out of it. My golfing partners called an ambulance and they gave me oxygen on the spot which made a big improvement. I then got two bags of liquid given to me through IV and after that I was ready for more golf. I felt completely refreshed. So after that, I definitely drink plenty of water throughout the day and drink even more water when it's hot out and I'm sweating. Heat exhaustion can be bad but a heat stroke can be deadly.

Big Calves
06-28-10, 4:46 pm
So 1.5-2 gallon for cutting. Shit I've been drinking 1. Drinking 2 gallons is not hard at all!!!!! Just carry the shit around with you and you'll drink it all. Why would 2 help for cutting?!

G Diesel
06-28-10, 4:54 pm
A gallon should be plenty. But go with the flow. When it is hot as hell (like right now), I'm always thirsty, so I keep the fluid intake high.

Peace, G

Big Calves
06-28-10, 10:36 pm
Sense were talking about water. Does you'll stomach get bigger by the end of the day after drinking all this water. I drink 1 gallon religiously(Hell I'm more strict on my diet and water intake than I am on my religion) and by the end of the day my stomach looks bigger and my waist is about 1" bigger! Thats normal, right?!

stumblin54
06-29-10, 12:39 am
...think I remember Tiny saying that for creatine to work properly 1.25 gallons did the trick.

I miss Tiny...

Stumblin