PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Protein and acne

zHazzarD
06-29-10, 7:38 pm
I havent posted in a while, but i have this feeling that the chocolate protein that I take could be the cause of my acne. Since eating chocolate makes acne worse, I figure it is the same thing with protein. I might switch to vanilla. What do you guys think?

Legacy
06-29-10, 10:30 pm
Process of elimination. If you think its your protein shake, switch flavors or switch brands. If you switch and things dont change after a while, then you know its not that.

C.Coronato
06-30-10, 9:36 am
Agreed. It is completely possible that your body does not agree with a certain flavoring or type of protein.

Bob
06-30-10, 9:49 am
I'm not sure if chocolate causes acne. Only way to tell might be to test it again a month or so later after the acne has gone to see if that particular source causes an outbreak. Usually it's something like overactive oil glands, genetics, dead skin cells get stuck in pores, and hormonal changes are what cause acne. To assess, you'd have to look thoroughly at your past history of acne, changes in activity level, hygiene, cleasing of dead skin cells, etc. Usually food gets blamed, but it could be a whole other underlying issue that needs to be addressed.