PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

BiGGidyBest
06-30-10, 2:49 am
Well its almost July and I realized that I am not the size I want to be. Im 5'11" and 150lbs, I want to be around 175-190lbs. Currently I have been doing Military Athlete which is a very High Intense Training program. Its good to get my endurence up and keep me going up these mountains here in Afghanistan, but I dont think it will help me reach my goal. Wat do you Animals think? I mite give it a couple months and if there is no progress I am going to switch up the program. Here we go.

AlphaBrass01
06-30-10, 8:39 am
If you want to grow, you'll need to eat enough of the right stuff in addition to whatever training you're doing. Make sure you've got that going.

naturalguy
06-30-10, 8:48 am
Welcome to the board and THANK YOU for your service to our country.

I don't know enough about your current program to comment. What does it entail?

C.Coronato
06-30-10, 9:49 am
Welcome my man. Your in a good place. To grow you have to eat. Whats the diet looking like, and where in Cali will you be stationed? There are alot of good dudes out there.

BiGGidyBest
06-30-10, 1:58 pm
Well as of now Im mostly eating 2 MREs (the military brown paper bag food) which contains about 2500-3000 calories a piece, the Army has some cooks who make dinner so whatever they scrap together I eat that for the most part its as good as it can get out here and I am drinking protien shakes. The problem is when I go out on missions it could be for multiple days and little food so my diet is all mixed up with good days and bad days. As for the program it is all depending on the cycle they mix it up every 2-4 weeks between stamina which contains A LOT of cardio so I normaly cut those work outs in half because I need the endurence. Then strength which has a lot of squats, deadlifts, bench, cleans, snatches. But once again they always throw in cardio which is not going to help me reach my goals. Its a lot like the CrossFit fad but it pushes you harder they want to you to increase in the weight you lift every week and normally you are working out with 60-85% your 1RM. And ill be going to pendleton Coronato.

BiGGidyBest
07-01-10, 8:09 am
So I have been thumbing through the threads looking for the credintials to earn a avatar or title but cant seem to find a solid answer other than you have to earn it. Now I know I am prolly no where close to achieving 1 or the other but I would like to know how, I am an Alpha male and I see it as a challange to overcome. So does anyone know a solid thread that explains them? So on to my day, its a hot 103* and I have been resting and eating so far today, got another type of journey coming up. Will hit the iron hard come Monday. see you Animals next week. My program goes into our Strength cycle next week, will post the workout when I return.

BiGGidyBest
07-12-10, 2:17 pm
Ok so I sat down and talked to a couple guys on my team and they all suggested that the program I am currently doing burns to many calories so I am switching it up. I am doing a lot of reading and trying to get my knowledge up on WLing before I begin this journey. Right now I am in the hunt for exercise, we dont have much to work with in our gym here(no cable, no leg press machines) so I am just trying to figure out how to hit these muscle groups good everytime I workout. Here I ago again.

Firedrake
08-01-10, 2:23 pm
Check out the thread on HRT elsewhere on the board -- there are versions for when you have a partner, and when you don't.

BiGGidyBest
08-06-10, 10:39 pm
Not to many responses on my post but figured I'd put it out there. Would you build strenght with more reps and less sets or more sets than reps. Currently my work out consist of sets of 4, my main lifts (bench, squat or deadlifts) are repped 12/8/6/4 increasing the weight each set. The rest of my exercises are 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Here is yesturday's workout with weight and reps.

Back and Bi's

Deadlifts 165/12 185/8 225/6 255/4
Bent BB rows 145/12 165/11 175/11 185/9
Stiff Legged Deadlifts w/ KBs 35/12 53/12 70/11 70/10
Back Extensions 3sets of 15 reps
EZ bar curl 65/12 75/10 85/8 95/10
Seated BB curl 75/12 85/12 95/10 95/8