PDA

View Full Version : Peakin the Bi's

TheAnima!Packist
06-30-10, 5:12 pm
Alright it drives me to heavy weight when I do bi's and I have decent size but the peak looks like a mole hill. Anyone, got some idears on gettin the mt. everest? Im not talking instant either, something I can do for a whole cycle. Im not expecting to climbing the summit in a week.

Late, Pack

Legacy
06-30-10, 5:58 pm
Alright it drives me to heavy weight when I do bi's and I have decent size but the peak looks like a mole hill. Anyone, got some idears on gettin the mt. everest? Im not talking instant either, something I can do for a whole cycle. Im not expecting to climbing the summit in a week.

Late, Pack

Everyone is going to tell you that peaks come with genetics. However, you can do "so called peaking" exercises to help. Always focus on the contraction of the muscle and not just the amount of weight. Things like preacher curls, high pulley curls, and concentration curls

charlievanriper
06-30-10, 6:02 pm
Everyone is going to tell you that peaks come with genetics. However, you can do "so called peaking" exercises to help. Always focus on the contraction of the muscle and not just the amount of weight. Things like preacher curls, high pulley curls, and concentration curls

Yep Superman curls ( high curls ) Also one of my favs and my peaks have been growing since doing them is seated barbell concentration curls ( these are insane)

http://i45.tinypic.com/6quzch.jpg

TheAnima!Packist
06-30-10, 7:13 pm
you mean like putting the pulley up to the highest it can go, hook a straight bar, then curl??

AntoineV
06-30-10, 8:01 pm
Mostly genetics.. but I've found that slow with moderate weight concentration curls do the best job for that tight squizzing feeling when doing biceps..

TheAnima!Packist
06-30-10, 8:13 pm
Word, looks like concentration curls are the consenses other than genetics, and yup I don't have the peak dna shit. Thanks brothers

Late, Pack

charlievanriper
06-30-10, 11:46 pm
you mean like putting the pulley up to the highest it can go, hook a straight bar, then curl??

Yep and try the seated Barbell concentrations they work a million times better than DB's,hrist dude I did DB's for yrs heavy mid range whatever Bi got bigger but no Peak, started doing them with Barbells shit I got peaks now, and when I start bulking again and start feeding those bastards they are gonna get huge!!! ( genetics my ass, hard and smart work is all it takes)

TheAnima!Packist
07-01-10, 12:24 am
preciate the knowledge brothers, Ill hit those up on my arm day.

Late, Pack

charlievanriper
07-01-10, 12:39 am
Yep and try the seated Barbell concentrations they work a million times better than DB's,hrist dude I did DB's for yrs heavy mid range whatever Bi got bigger but no Peak, started doing them with Barbells shit I got peaks now, and when I start bulking again and start feeding those bastards they are gonna get huge!!! ( genetics my ass, hard and smart work is all it takes)

My mistake dude, I did not read the whole thing right, superman curls are overhead curls.
Standing between to cable towers Cable attachment all the way to the top each Arm grab a single curl to the back of your head just as if you were doing a standing front double bicep pose.

Barbell concentration curls you do from a bench or short stool close grip elbows between your knee's and curl to your chin. I'll try to get you a vid tomorrow and post it in my Video thread.

TheAnima!Packist
07-01-10, 7:13 am
rightyo man rightyo

Late, Pack

charlievanriper
07-01-10, 2:55 pm
P1040616.MOV - Seated close grip Barbell Concentration Curls

Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU35Z6d4qfs

TheAnima!Packist
07-01-10, 8:58 pm
dude word, I am going to do those tommorow. Ill let you know the results.

Late, Pack

Survivor831
07-01-10, 9:21 pm
Face down Barbell or DB Curls. Lie face down on a high incline bench. Keep your arm somewhat in front of you, keep your elbows stationary and curl away. I like to aim for 12 to 15 reps on this one. A little lighter weight but a good stretch and contraction are key.

TheAnima!Packist
07-02-10, 8:41 am
I throw that one in there too for good measure, that sounds like a winner.

Late, Pack

charlievanriper
07-02-10, 5:09 pm
I throw that one in there too for good measure, that sounds like a winner.

Late, Pack

Yep I think you'll like them ( well if it was me you were responding too lol)

http://i46.tinypic.com/ej7i4w.jpg

I think I am going to add a SS of overhead Tricep exts with ropeand Rope pressdowns ( high Reps low weight upwards of 50 to 60 reps ) every 2 days to fire up the cuts on my Horseshoe. maybe 1 HR exercice for the bi's to bring the cuts on those up to pare ( but I need a litte more research on that Idea).

TheAnima!Packist
07-03-10, 12:46 am
dude the BB concentration curl was freaking sweet, love that shit.

Late, Pack

charlievanriper
07-03-10, 3:12 am
dude the BB concentration curl was freaking sweet, love that shit.

Late, Pack

LOL glad ya liked it, thats one of my favs.

Hit my Depletion session today man what a zoo, I am planning to renew my Certs and go to work for the gym I train at, and tonight a few of the guys found out I was going to join the staff and now I have a waiting list already and I'm not yet employed by them lol. Well during all the time I spent answering guestions and helping the guys tonight my w/o took me until 11 pm to get done, so I am hitting my first carb up now at midnight lol I'm wired. But anyway check it out if you want, lots of higher reps tonight just to burn off fuel.