PDA

View Full Version : Antoine V's Journey - The War Has Begun!

Pages : [1] 2

AntoineV
07-02-10, 7:06 pm
Here in this thread I will keep a log of my contest preparation for both the Arnold Classic Amateurs in 2011 and the Canadian Nationals august 2011.. I will update it often with my training log, what I eat and what I will do to reach my goals.

The Arnold Classic Amateurs is at the end of march. I'm starting everything balls to the wall august 1st. That gives me 8 months of solid preparation... in the past I would be serious about 15 weeks. I learnt that to be a good bodybuilder you need to be a bodybuilder 365 days a year... no more off season.

For now I'm already training with maximum intensity. I use moderate weight and try to keep my reps over 8 for now. I'm coming from a long rest due to injury so i have to take it easy on the big weights until I get used to it again. Right now im focusing on squizzing the muscle and feeling the pump.

Food is all you can eat, but only clean foods like rice, meat, etc. Slow digesting carbs, lotsa protein with a good ammount of healthy fats.

Current weight : 247 lbs
Condition : Average

I'm far out from the physique I am aiming for due to slacking off a bit to recuperate. I will have alot to do, win alot of battles and fight through alot of pain so i can reach my goals. But impossible is nothing if you have strong willpower and flawless discipline on your side.

I will update this thread often, so stay tuned if you want to follow me in this long journey.

LET'S DO THIS!

G Diesel
07-02-10, 7:35 pm
Looking to learn and be inspired by your journey, my brother.

Much respect.

Peace, G

AntoineV
07-02-10, 11:00 pm
Looking to learn and be inspired by your journey, my brother.

Much respect.

Peace, G

Thanks bro.....

Here is the shoulder workout I did today at the gym :

Side laterals : 12 - 12 -12 -12 -12
Front alt raise : 10 - 10 -10 -10
One arm side raise : 12 - 12 -12
Lying cable upright row : 15 - 15 -15 (supersetted next exercice)
Seated bent over shrugs : 10 - 10 -10 (supersetted with last exercice)
Bent over fly : 15 - 15 -15
Bent over super wide row (for real delts) : 12 -12 -12 (with double contraction)

I used moderate weight, overall I was satisfied with this workout. I didnt have any ''bad'' pain in my shoulders. The pump was good. I also did some abs after that and 20 minutes of inclined threadmill.

DCMichael85
07-03-10, 12:05 pm
Hey man. Nice to see a guy from Quebec doing so well. Good luck and all the best to ya! I am hoping to make it to the Arnold this year. Hope to see you win the Amateur!

AntoineV
07-03-10, 5:09 pm
My current breakfast looks like:

60-90g of oatmeal (weighed dry)
200g 0% fat source yogurt
1 fruit
120g meat (horse or lean beef)
2 eggs or 8 egg whites
1-2 cups skim milk
1 scoop whey

The rest of the meals are just meat+slow carbs.... each 3 hours except for post workout shake 100g of fast carbs with 2 scoops of whey

Today I did Triceps... here is what I did :

One arm reverse push downs : 15-15-12-12-12
Machine dips : 12-12-12 (last set drop set)
Bench dips : max-max-max
Tricep push downs 12-12-12-12

Pump was really good! I dont have any heavy pressing movements yet. They will come soon though. I'm going to see the Provincial bodybuilding championships tonight, it's a big show, I'm sure I will leave from that show even more motivated.

take care animals!!

ProteinJunkie
07-03-10, 8:28 pm
Canadian Journey...I'm in.

Now is the time bro...I'll be watching.

AntoineV
07-04-10, 2:11 pm
I'm so sore today.... My leg elevator is the worst... from lower ab works... I never do that usually... I will take the day off maybe do some cardio I'll see.

AntoineV
07-05-10, 1:20 pm
I feel good today. Either legs or back and biceps. I have a slight pain in my right knee... i don't feel it warmed up but after im done with legs my left leg is more sore than my right. I will try doing all one legged movements today. I have to consult a massotherapist... so he can work on my shoulders and that knee... Ill keep you updated with this too.

I don't know what I'll do as far as exercises so I'll get back on the forvm tonight and share. Since august 09 I've done legs like.... 6-7 times.... Last week I did them and before that it was 3 months ago.... I'm trying to make my upperbody catch up that's why.

gotta jet

AntoineV
07-06-10, 1:13 am
I didn't lift weights today. I got my ass kicked in my first boxing class. All the ankles/calf muscles are overworked I can barely walk. I just went home and ate for the calorie deficit the hour long boxing class caused. It's a fun way to do cardio though.

AntoineV
07-06-10, 1:13 am
''Until it is carved in stone..'' : Old cemeteries remind us that until it is carved in stone, realising our heart's desire is possible everyday if we recognized what it is that makes us happy. Whatever it is.. There is no time to waste in taking a step towards your dream..

G Diesel
07-06-10, 9:57 am
''Until it is carved in stone..'' : Old cemeteries remind us that until it is carved in stone, realising our heart's desire is possible everyday if we recognized what it is that makes us happy. Whatever it is.. There is no time to waste in taking a step towards your dream..

Awesome sentiment bro. Words to live by man. Thanks for the reminder.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
07-06-10, 10:15 am
Good luck on your journey brother. When is your next show?

C.Coronato
07-06-10, 11:06 am
Awesome start for sure. The Arnold Amateurs is a great show, looking forward to seeing you up there my man.

Mr. Dead
07-06-10, 11:08 am
What's goin' on, in here...???

AntoineV
07-06-10, 2:12 pm
Good luck on your journey brother. When is your next show?

Thanks, next show is the Arnold's classic Amateurs in late march!

AntoineV
07-06-10, 2:13 pm
Awesome start for sure. The Arnold Amateurs is a great show, looking forward to seeing you up there my man.

Thanks and when are we meeting up to wreck havoc in some gym?!

AntoineV
07-06-10, 2:15 pm
What's goin' on, in here...???

Whats up bro, about to eat a meal

300g cooked lean beef
2 cups rice
1 tblspoon olive oil

peace!

AntoineV
07-06-10, 2:15 pm
Awesome sentiment bro. Words to live by man. Thanks for the reminder.

Peace, G

My friend made an ''Animal'' ad-like poster with this... ill post it later.. thanks bro..

sometimes we forget that we only have one life.. better make this life the way you want because there is no second chance!

D-NUTZ
07-06-10, 2:24 pm
Solid work, bro. Im subbed!

shortstack
07-06-10, 2:35 pm
Congrats on becoming part of the Universal family. I'll be in for the Journey.

Jeremy

Aggression
07-06-10, 2:37 pm
Welcome. Now lets get this going!

eric downey
07-06-10, 4:22 pm
Welcome to our World.

AntoineV
07-06-10, 8:46 pm
Doing legs tonight! I will also need your help and criticism. I will upload a picture of the last time I was in contest shape so you can tell your honest opinion on what I should improve.

AntoineV
07-07-10, 12:44 am
Great workout tonight. Trained with a new training partner. He broke his hand not too long ago so we had to come up with some new stuff. Here is what we did :

Warm up on leg extensions (one legged) : 15 -15 -15
One legged leg press : 15-15-15-15
-------------------------------------------------------------
All supersetted : Front squat bar position barbell lunges : 6-6-6
Front squats : 6-6-6
Front squat bar position barbell lunges : 6-6-6
-------------------------------------------------------------
Seated leg curl : 15-15-15
Lying leg curl : 15-15-15
Standing leg curl : 15-15-15
Toe press : 15-15-15-15

We had to do the front squat bar on front delt position because he couldnt grab the bar with his broken hand. I found it that it worked very well, you don't have a choice to stay upright even on the lunges. You use the same bar without resting on the 3 sets (6 reps lunges, 6 reps front squats, 6 reps lunges again.. with same bar)

If you want to try something different try it out. This workout is also great for glute/ham separation...!

AntoineV
07-07-10, 1:05 am
All right I need your honest opinion. Here are some pics of my physique looking at my last contest, the 2009 canadian nationals that took place in Vancouver. i was 220 pounds.... Some pics are onstage and 2 are in the hotel the day before hte contest.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS404.jpg
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS394.jpg
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS392.jpg
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS391.jpg
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS063.jpg

What are your opinion on what I should Improve the most this year?

Cellardweller
07-07-10, 1:37 am
My current breakfast looks like:

60-90g of oatmeal (weighed dry)
200g 0% fat source yogurt
1 fruit
120g meat (horse or lean beef)
2 eggs or 8 egg whites
1-2 cups skim milk
1 scoop whey

Wait, what? Did you say horse?

Cellardweller
07-07-10, 1:39 am
Just checked out your pics. While I'm not really qualified to give you advice on your physique, I can say I'm hungry for horse now. LOL. Looking great.

The Misfit
07-07-10, 2:55 am
All right I need your honest opinion. Here are some pics of my physique looking at my last contest, the 2009 canadian nationals that took place in Vancouver. i was 220 pounds.... Some pics are onstage and 2 are in the hotel the day before hte contest.

I open your pics

I'm in shock

What do I see?

Small joints

Small waist

Striations

More Striations!!

Big muscle bellies

Oh this ain't for real??

Or is it??

A classic physique, an amazing physique!!
Jeez bro, I can't wait to see you progress in the many years to come!!

Universal Rep
07-07-10, 8:53 am
I open your pics

I'm in shock

What do I see?

Small joints

Small waist

Striations

More Striations!!

Big muscle bellies

Oh this ain't for real??

Or is it??

A classic physique, an amazing physique!!
Jeez bro, I can't wait to see you progress in the many years to come!!

Agreed. Classic physique from a bygone era and great fit with where Universal is goin'....Youth, symmetry, and proportion.

C.Coronato
07-07-10, 9:50 am
Looking awesome brotha. You really are going to well in these up coming months for sure. Whats your current offseason diet looking like?

superman32088
07-07-10, 2:04 pm
Looking great Antoine. I'll be following along, you gotta sick physique. Congrats on the sponsorship too bro!

-Pete-

prowrestler
07-07-10, 6:35 pm
id try to bring up ur triceps and lat width IMO

eric downey
07-07-10, 7:13 pm
just from looking at your pics id say the only way i can see needing work is your back. you have a high back. just gotta develop down more, which come over time. nothing to stress over.

AntoineV
07-08-10, 12:32 am
Thanks guys...personally i think I have to improve :

- Triceps (arms)
- Back
- Upperchest
- Condition contest time
- Overall mass

Today I did some chest :

Bench machine : 12-12-12-12(+dropset)
Hammer bench machine : 12-12-12-12
Incline bench (double contraction) : 15-15-15
Pec deck (slow negative and 1-2 sec peak contraction) : 12-12-12

Not a huge workout by any means, focused more on squizzing and pump today. I'm practicing mind to muscle connection more and more... trying to contract only the pectoral... and forget about everything else.. the other muscles and even the surroundings..

AntoineV
07-08-10, 12:35 am
Whats your current offseason diet looking like?

For now I just eat alot of the clean foods.... mostly rice and meat.. except for breakfast where I have eggs/eggwhites with oatmeal and dairy products.... I just eat until I'm full... I'm not force feeding anything and the carbs are moderate to high... i also take 2 shakes per day

mritter3
07-08-10, 8:35 am
hey man...pics look solid...looks like you got a great foundation....def. be checking in on your journey man....welcome aboard.

prowrestler
07-08-10, 10:55 am
double contraction means what?

S. Clarida
07-08-10, 11:41 am
Welcome to the family Antoine!

Looking forward to your progress and hopefully meeting up with you in the near future to train.

Time to go to work in here!!!

S. Clarida
"GK"

Vinny G
07-08-10, 11:45 am
Looking forward to helping you, and getting you in AWESOME condition.

AntoineV
07-08-10, 4:35 pm
double contraction means what?

it's the term I use for when you do one and half reps... ex :

On preacher curls :

1-go all the way down
2-go all the way back contracting for the first time
3-go half way down
4-go all the way up again contracting a second time
5-go back down and reapeat

for bench press, you stretch 2 times, increasing the time under tension in the bottom part of the movement, where the pecs are the most solicitated

JUGGERNAUT
07-08-10, 4:37 pm
Welcome Antoine

AntoineV
07-08-10, 4:43 pm
Thanks bros!

naturalguy
07-08-10, 4:56 pm
Wait, what? Did you say horse?

Bump for an answer - horse?

Universal Rep
07-08-10, 5:11 pm
Bump for an answer - horse?

Horse meat is a delicacy in many countries. In Canada, it's popular especially in the Quebec area. Makes sense as there's a long tradition in France with butchers dedicated to selling horse meat. Stop bein' so squeamish... Haha.

AntoineV
07-09-10, 2:34 pm
Yeah they sell horse everywhere here.

100g of ground horse meat :

23g of protein
0g of carb
5g of fat

It's as lean as chicken and it's red meat!

AntoineV
07-09-10, 2:36 pm
Yesterday I did back. Here is what I did :

widegrip seated high pulley cable row for upperback : 12-12-12-12
double dumbell row (standing) : 12-12-12+dropset
Reversebbrow : 12-12-12+doubledropset
---------------
superset:
machine shrugs : 15-15-15
behind neck pulldowns : 15-15-15
---------------
Deadlifts : 6-6-6

20 minutes of cardio on one of those lazyboy bicycle machines..

AntoineV
07-10-10, 9:07 pm
OFF TO THE GYM! It's arm day. I want to tape over 22 inch this year....!

Sprint
07-12-10, 11:21 am
double contraction, I do a very similar (if not identical thing for lat pulldown) so im pinching your name for it.
That aside, as mentioned previously I'd say bring up your triceps a bit.

THAT aside, you're 22! you've got an AWESOME future ahead of you. People, look at this guy's quads! Reminds me of Kai Greene, he's developing those zipper-like stirations that Kai has. Everybody describes Kai's as unique. Not any more!
Awesome bro, keep us updated on progress.

AntoineV
07-12-10, 6:45 pm
double contraction, I do a very similar (if not identical thing for lat pulldown) so im pinching your name for it.
That aside, as mentioned previously I'd say bring up your triceps a bit.

THAT aside, you're 22! you've got an AWESOME future ahead of you. People, look at this guy's quads! Reminds me of Kai Greene, he's developing those zipper-like stirations that Kai has. Everybody describes Kai's as unique. Not any more!
Awesome bro, keep us updated on progress.

thanks for the comments! Quads have always been a strong point for me... now I need those zipperlike striations in my triceps!!!

AntoineV
07-12-10, 6:47 pm
The arm workout I did the other day :

Concentration curl : 4 X 12
4-4-4-4 standing dumbell curl : 3 X 16
One arm hammer preacher curl : 3 X 12
Low pulley bb curl : 3 X 12 (last set drop set)
One arm rev push down : 4 X 12
Rope push downs : 3 X 12 (last set drop set)
Push downs : 3 X 12 (last set drop set)
Machine dips : 3 X 12 (last set drop set)
Bench dips : 3 X 20

Mr. Dead
07-12-10, 6:55 pm
Nice!!! Diggin' the drop sets!!!

AntoineV
07-12-10, 7:07 pm
Yes I like using drop sets... a technique I use often to go pass the failure point...!

Shoulder workout I did today :

Side laterals : 12-12-12-12 (last set triple drop set)
front alternate lateral : 10-10-10-10(last set drop set)
One arm side lateral : 12-12-12
Bent over superwide row to neck with double contraction : 12-12-12
Low pulley one arm bent over lateral : 12-12-12-12
Pulley upright row on seated cable rowing machine(usually for back) : 12-12-12(last set drop set)

I used high volume for delts for a long time and I always got great results with it. Focus on the pump and use moderate weights...! I usually rotate highvolume with moderate weight with small periods of heavypresses

D-NUTZ
07-12-10, 7:10 pm
I like that workout, big man! Keep it up.

Rage
07-12-10, 7:39 pm
Get after it brother! Great physique!

B. Rowe
07-12-10, 8:31 pm

23g of protein
0g of carb
5g of fat

DAMN i was going write how excited i was to follow your journey and see what your training and diet is like but after seein this horse thing idk if i can do it bro. My dad is a horse trainer and i rode competitively for years, lil too close to home for me lol. But thats the beauty of having people on here that are from different cultures, get to see how other people live. Goodluck bro im sure ill get over the horse thing

The Freak
07-13-10, 12:44 am

looking at pics id hit your long head of triceps.. get some more roundness to make arms look fuller. lowers lats need thickening but , you r young , it will come but focus on it for sure.. quads are great, just add a bit more roundness to your hams to make them untouchable.. conditioning in pics is pretty damn good..

AntoineV
07-13-10, 3:41 pm
DAMN i was going write how excited i was to follow your journey and see what your training and diet is like but after seein this horse thing idk if i can do it bro. My dad is a horse trainer and i rode competitively for years, lil too close to home for me lol. But thats the beauty of having people on here that are from different cultures, get to see how other people live. Goodluck bro im sure ill get over the horse thing

I hear ya.. my girlfriend rode competitivly too... she didnt like it that much at first.. for me it's like eating a cow or a bird... and also it's way cheaper than beef, chicken and all the other meats out there. it's 3$ per pound.

I'm sorry I hope we will still get along :P

AntoineV
07-13-10, 3:43 pm
looking at pics id hit your long head of triceps.. get some more roundness to make arms look fuller. lowers lats need thickening but , you r young , it will come but focus on it for sure.. quads are great, just add a bit more roundness to your hams to make them untouchable.. conditioning in pics is pretty damn good..

Thanks I will work on that for sure.

B. Rowe
07-13-10, 3:52 pm
I hear ya.. my girlfriend rode competitivly too... she didnt like it that much at first.. for me it's like eating a cow or a bird... and also it's way cheaper than beef, chicken and all the other meats out there. it's 3$ per pound.

I'm sorry I hope we will still get along :P

Its all good, cant say i havent contributed. We have sold a few horses ourselves to the butchers. Like i said, different cultures have different traditions and its great that you get that variety on here and get to learn about each others life styles.

Universal Rep
07-13-10, 4:07 pm

Some solid advice from an IFBB pro right there...

AntoineV
07-13-10, 4:48 pm
Some solid advice from an IFBB pro right there...

Yes I noted it down!!!! thanks

AntoineV
07-13-10, 10:21 pm
Here is something my friend made up with one of my quotes...

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/oooohshit-here-we-go.jpg

pretty cool uh? looks like the real ones

all right im off to do a touch of back - peace

B. Rowe
07-13-10, 11:25 pm

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/oooohshit-here-we-go.jpg

looks sic, lets hope corporate doesnt see this as copyright infringement though lol...

Sprint
07-14-10, 7:47 am
That. Looks. Fucking. Awesome.

Universal Rep
07-14-10, 12:41 pm

I hear ya, BR. It's tough to think of "pets" (or animals we show affection towards) as "food". But every culture has its own food taboos. Ever see that Andrew Zimmer show, "Bizarre Foods"? Everything seems bizarre if you're not used to it...

Universal Rep
07-14-10, 12:42 pm

Haha nice... But you're sportin' the Universal avy, not Animal, eh?

AntoineV
07-14-10, 7:02 pm
Haha nice... But you're sportin' the Universal avy, not Animal, eh?

My friend made it when he found out about universal! I thought I'd share it. Ill tell him he needs to do a new one

AntoineV
07-14-10, 7:04 pm
Back workout I did yesterday :

Widegrip seated cable row : 12 -12 -12 -12
Standing dumbell double row : 12-12-12-12
Supported Tbar row : 15-12-12
Smitch machine behind back upright row : 15-12-12-12(+ drop set)
Hyperextensions : 15-15(+dropset)-15(+dropset)

then did 10 min of boxing bag and 10 min of stepmaster

Tonight is legs!

B. Rowe
07-14-10, 8:37 pm
Back workout I did yesterday :

Widegrip seated cable row : 12 -12 -12 -12
Standing dumbell double row : 12-12-12-12
Supported Tbar row : 15-12-12
Smitch machine behind back upright row : 15-12-12-12(+ drop set)
Hyperextensions : 15-15(+dropset)-15(+dropset)

then did 10 min of boxing bag and 10 min of stepmaster

Tonight is legs!

Do you use heavy weight or do you use moderate weight going slow and concentrating on muscle contraction?

AntoineV
07-15-10, 2:48 pm
Do you use heavy weight or do you use moderate weight going slow and concentrating on muscle contraction?

Right now moderate weight. Usually I try to incorporate both! Lately focusing more on pump and squizzing.

B. Rowe
07-15-10, 5:08 pm
Right now moderate weight. Usually I try to incorporate both! Lately focusing more on pump and squizzing.

Thanks for the info. I try to stick to the same, just concentrating on a particular muscle group or region of the muscle now instead of going heavy and doing whatever it takes to move the weight.

AntoineV
07-15-10, 8:35 pm
OLD SCHOOL IS BACK!

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/antoine-oldschool.jpg

AntoineV
07-15-10, 8:36 pm
Thanks for the info. I try to stick to the same, just concentrating on a particular muscle group or region of the muscle now instead of going heavy and doing whatever it takes to move the weight.

Especially for back. If you swing on all exercices only shoulders/arms and lowerback will work.

B. Rowe
07-15-10, 10:24 pm
OLD SCHOOL IS BACK!

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/antoine-oldschool.jpg

Looks sic man, is that an older photo or do you stay pretty lean year round

AntoineV
07-16-10, 12:41 am
Looks sic man, is that an older photo or do you stay pretty lean year round

old pic. Im not lean all year round. Right now I have some extra body fat from the month of not training. The extra fat will come off by itself with training and clean off season eating... Off season Im around 10-12% usually..

AntoineV
07-17-10, 2:06 pm
Yesterday was off training.... the day before I did :

Morning : Chest/abs

Bench press double contraction : 8-8-8-8
Incline fly : 12-12-12-12
Dips : 15-15-15
Pec deck : 12-12-12-12
Romanchair : 100 sit ups
Rope crunch : 12-12-12

Evening : Hamstrings/calves

Standing leg curl : 12-12-12-12
Lying leg curl : 12-12-12-12
SEated leg curl : 12-12-12-12
Stiff leg deadlift elevated on platform : 15-15-15-15
Toe press : 12-12-12-12
Standing calf raise : 12-12-12

prowrestler
07-17-10, 2:32 pm
it's the term I use for when you do one and half reps... ex :

On preacher curls :

1-go all the way down
2-go all the way back contracting for the first time
3-go half way down
4-go all the way up again contracting a second time
5-go back down and reapeat

for bench press, you stretch 2 times, increasing the time under tension in the bottom part of the movement, where the pecs are the most solicitated

ohh ok sounds good man

AntoineV
07-20-10, 12:34 pm
YESTERDAY I DID ARMS :

Rope push downs : 12-12-12-12
One arm rev push downs : 12-12-12
Skullcrushers : 12-12-12-12
------------superset--------------
Bench dips: 15-15-15
Closegrip push ups : 8-8-8
------------superset--------------
Concentration curl : 12-12-12-12
6-6-6-6 standing dumbell curls : 12-12-12-12
One arm hammergrip preacher curl : 12-12-12-12

First time i've done skullcrushers in a long time! due to elbow pain. I took it easy on overhead extensions and skullcrushers so it could recuperate. I guess it paid off! I didnt feel any pain. Still, I will gradually reincorporate those movements in my training program to make sure I don't overuse my elbows again.

Today I will do back..!

C.Coronato
07-20-10, 2:07 pm

23g of protein
0g of carb
5g of fat

I went to culinary school, and tried almost everything while there .. But never had horse .. Ship me down some! Haha

AntoineV
07-20-10, 7:31 pm
I went to culinary school, and tried almost everything while there .. But never had horse .. Ship me down some! Haha

Horse tastes like drier less tasting beef with a backtaste of Iron... the reason I eat it it's because it's lean as hell and it's the cheapest($$) red meat you can get here!

AntoineV
07-20-10, 7:34 pm
Arms are so sore tonight!! I don't think doing back would help my recuperation. Might just do some abs and cardio...

AntoineV
07-21-10, 4:00 pm
Took a day off yesterday. I'm glad because I'm doing legs tonight!

I started doing legs once a week again. If they grow too much I'll back down to each 2 weeks or once a month like I usually do.

superman32088
07-21-10, 9:33 pm
Workouts look sick man. I'm 21 and look to you for motivation. Ya seem like a funny dude too.

B. Rowe
07-21-10, 11:44 pm
Arms are so sore tonight!! I don't think doing back would help my recuperation. Might just do some abs and cardio...

Got myself into the same little pickle this week. Hit arms hard and legs the next day so had to take a day off because shoulders, chest, or back would not have allowed the arms to recoup. Just gotta go with the flow sometimes

AntoineV
07-22-10, 1:32 am
Workouts look sick man. I'm 21 and look to you for motivation. Ya seem like a funny dude too.

I think humor has it's place in bodybuilding. Arnold was messin' around all the time back in the golden era.

and thank you for the support, it means alot to me when I can make an impact on someone's motivation towards training and etc. !

AntoineV
07-22-10, 1:33 am
Got myself into the same little pickle this week. Hit arms hard and legs the next day so had to take a day off because shoulders, chest, or back would not have allowed the arms to recoup. Just gotta go with the flow sometimes

Yeah. Most of the time I go with the flow... when I see I would hinder one of my workouts from other workouts I let my body rest... or hit something else that doesnt involved the sore muscles..

boyer77
07-22-10, 1:34 am

I started doing legs once a week again. If they grow too much I'll back down to each 2 weeks or once a month like I usually do.

Must be a "legs" kind of day! I will definitely have some issues going down the stairs tomorrow...

AntoineV
07-22-10, 1:40 am
I had a good leg day. Here is what I did :

Leg extension : warm ups.. 3 sets
One legged leg press with double stretch : 10-10-10-8
Really close stance (3 inch separates the heels) squats : 10-10-8
Lunge squat Hybrid** : 24-24-24
Standing leg curls : 12-12-8
Good mornings : 10-10-12
Toe press : 12-12-12(+ drop set)
Standing calves : 12-12-12(+drop set)

I'm a good morning first timer. I like it. I felt a really good stretch in my hams. I also think this could go into a backworkout. I went up to 175 pounds. I saw some guy do 3 plates couple of weeks ago... let's see the weight I'm gonna push in a couple of weeks doing this..

** the squat lunge hybrid.. I use the front squat grip position (bar on front delts), And first I do 6 foward lunges.. then with the same bar with no rest I do 6 front squats.. then 6 lunges again and then finish with 6 squats (ass to the floor).. this equals for 1 set of 24 reps. I used only 95 pounds today but it was a finisher. Since it's a high rep exercice you won't have to use alot of weight if you use it as a finisher.

now next time you do legs you go try my Squat Lunge Hybrid.... I will come up with a video with some explanation...

AntoineV
07-22-10, 1:42 am
Must be a "legs" kind of day! I will definitely have some issues going down the stairs tomorrow...

haha, I hear ya. Getting the weird looks while going down the stairs in public is a funny sight.

boyer77
07-22-10, 1:46 am
haha, I hear ya. Getting the weird looks while going down the stairs in public is a funny sight.

For sure... I am going to try your squat lunge hybrid next week. I can tell it will be a burner! Thanks for sharing this.

marid
07-22-10, 4:50 pm
** the squat lunge hybrid.. I use the front squat grip position (bar on front delts), And first I do 6 foward lunges.. then with the same bar with no rest I do 6 front squats.. then 6 lunges again and then finish with 6 squats (ass to the floor).. this equals for 1 set of 24 reps. I used only 95 pounds today but it was a finisher. Since it's a high rep exercice you won't have to use alot of weight if you use it as a finisher.

I think you left out the part with the bucket for puking.

AntoineV
07-23-10, 2:24 am
I think you left out the part with the bucket for puking.

haha! I actually never puked during a workout. Gotta keep the meals in

AntoineV
07-23-10, 2:30 am
Today was delts :

Side laterals : 12-12-12-12(+ dropset)
Front lateral alternate : 10-10-10-10
One arm side alteral : 12-12-12
Laying down on seated cable rowing machine upright row : 12-12-12(+drop set)
Reverse pec deck : 12-12-12
Bent over rear lateral : 15-15-15-15
Behind the back upright row : 15-15-12(+dropset)

Behind the back upright row : One of the most forgotten exercices.. Lee Haney used to do it all the time. really hits the rear delts well.

AntoineV
07-24-10, 12:45 am
Today was rest. I ate alot. 2 hours after every meals I get hungry again!!

boyer77
07-24-10, 2:17 am
Today was delts :

Side laterals : 12-12-12-12(+ dropset)
Front lateral alternate : 10-10-10-10
One arm side alteral : 12-12-12
Laying down on seated cable rowing machine upright row : 12-12-12(+drop set)
Reverse pec deck : 12-12-12
Bent over rear lateral : 15-15-15-15
Behind the back upright row : 15-15-12(+dropset)

Behind the back upright row : One of the most forgotten exercices.. Lee Haney used to do it all the time. really hits the rear delts well.

SHoulder work looks good bro. Any advice on the behind the back upright rows? Any things to keep in mind, or to help with making sure I get the right "feel"? No what I mean? Thanks in advance.

AntoineV
07-26-10, 4:13 pm
SHoulder work looks good bro. Any advice on the behind the back upright rows? Any things to keep in mind, or to help with making sure I get the right "feel"? No what I mean? Thanks in advance.

You can push the bar a little bit backward while you row it up. And push your hips foward a little bit... and pull it up as much as you can...

I will make a video and post it here soon..!

AntoineV
07-26-10, 4:19 pm
I went to a heavy metal fest this past weekend.. I trained saturday morning and took yersterday off. Today I'm doing chest, but here is the back workout I did :

One arm dumbell row with one sec contraction : 12-12-12-12
--------superset----------
Reverse bb row : 12-12-12-12
Standing double dumbell row : 10-10-10-10
--------------------------
--------superset---------
Behind the neck pull down : 12-12-12
Behind the back upright row (again) : 12-12-12
-------------------------
Hyperextensions : 15-15-15-15

this was more of a touch back workout specialized for the upperback.

AntoineV
07-27-10, 5:29 pm
Chest workout I did yesterday :

Incline machine press : 12-12-12-8(+ triple drop set)
Bench press double contraction : 4 X 6-8 reps
Incline dumbell flies w/ slow negatives: 12-12-12-12
Cable cross overs : 15-15-15

AntoineV
07-27-10, 5:41 pm
HERE IS MY CURRENT SUPPLEMENT STACK :

With breakfast:
Animal Pak

Second meal:
Animal Flex

Preworkout :
1 scoop Torrent (citrus ftw)
1 scoop Ultra Whey Pro
Animal Pump
2 Universal Creatine Chews

During workout (in 1-2 liter of water) :
1-2 scoop Torrent

Post workout (a big one... within 30 minutes of pushing my last weight) :
3 scoops Torrent
1 scoop Universal Carbo Plus
1 scoop Sportpharma Carb Max
2 scoops Universal Ultra Whey Pro
2 Creatine Chews

Before bed :
Animal PM

& Through out the day : Universal 100% Beef Aminos... I take them usually with meals...

PS : when i workout twice a day, I just repeat workout nutrition... but maybe split it in half depending on the intensity of the workout...

Sprint
07-27-10, 6:27 pm
Chest workout I did yesterday :

Incline machine press : 12-12-12-8(+ triple drop set)
Bench press double contraction : 4 X 6-8 reps
Incline dumbell flies w/ slow negatives: 12-12-12-12
Cable cross overs : 15-15-15

Good session bro. Keepin it short & simple. Efficiency = more time to eat & grow. Nothing better than hitting the weights when there's people already there, and having done a good job & be heading for the shower whilst those same people are still in there.
Like it.

AntoineV
07-27-10, 7:59 pm
Good session bro. Keepin it short & simple. Efficiency = more time to eat & grow. Nothing better than hitting the weights when there's people already there, and having done a good job & be heading for the shower whilst those same people are still in there.
Like it.

Chest is only 1 muscle... (unless you count upperchest as one)... so it takes less volume than let's say legs or back...

Sprint
07-27-10, 8:05 pm
Used to be guilty of overworking my chest. Wanted a press & a flye movement for upper, middle & lower. I say 'wanted', used to think i 'needed'. Was hitting like 24-30 odd sets for it!
These days it gets a flat press, an incline press, incline flyes & sometimes crossovers to polish off. Typically 11-15 sets total, down goes a protein shake & it's off for a shower.

MaxSR92
07-27-10, 11:02 pm
Antoine how do you made it to get the chest up from being a laggy bodypart?

AntoineV
07-29-10, 12:48 pm
You can add another smaller workout in the week... just make sure it doesnt actually overtrain the chest. Maybe have a low volume/strenght workout, and for the big one a high volume hypertrophy workout. That could work.

AntoineV
07-30-10, 12:38 am
Today was arm. here is the workout :

Reverse one arm push downs : 15-15-12-12
Rope push downs : 12-12-12-12
Skull crushers with extra negatives 12-12+negs-12+negs-12+negs
Dumbell kickbacks : 12-12-12-12+dropset
One arm concentration curl : 12-12-10-10
6-6-6-6 standing dumbell curls : 12-12-12-12
One arm hammer grip preacher curls : 12-12-10-10
Revese bb curl : 8+dropset - 8+dropset - 8+dropset

AntoineV
07-30-10, 12:41 am
6-6-6-6 standing dumbells curl is a very good variation of the normal standing dumbell curls. Here is how you do it :

Hold one dumbell in each hands. Start with right hand and do 6 reps.... after done with your right arm do 6 reps with your left arm.. while still holding the right arm's dumbell tight. Repeat 6 reps on the right and finish with another 6 on the left. 12 reps for each arms.

It's like 2 sets in one exercice. Kinda like a restpause exercice...

AntoineV
07-30-10, 12:44 am
On a different note... I start a new Job on monday. I also start my contest prep on monday as well as my new supplement stack religiously... (it's on page 5)..

This will give me about 8 months of contest preparation. LET'S DO THIS!!! No room for games!!

C.Coronato
07-30-10, 9:45 am

I may have to hop onto that. My legs overpower my upper body a bit, so i need to catch them up. How do you run your split if you do legs 2x a month?

Cellardweller
07-31-10, 10:24 am
6-6-6-6 standing dumbells curl is a very good variation of the normal standing dumbell curls. Here is how you do it :

Hold one dumbell in each hands. Start with right hand and do 6 reps.... after done with your right arm do 6 reps with your left arm.. while still holding the right arm's dumbell tight. Repeat 6 reps on the right and finish with another 6 on the left. 12 reps for each arms.

It's like 2 sets in one exercice. Kinda like a restpause exercice...

I'm going to have to try this. Thanks brother. Congrats on the job.

AntoineV
07-31-10, 4:15 pm
I may have to hop onto that. My legs overpower my upper body a bit, so i need to catch them up. How do you run your split if you do legs 2x a month?

Each 4 weeks....1 week I do them, 3 weeks I don't. Just pick a day in the week and do them. The weeks you don't do them, you replace the leg day by a extra weakpoint day. For me it was always back or chest....

AntoineV
07-31-10, 4:17 pm
I'm going to have to try this. Thanks brother. Congrats on the job.

No problem bro. Yeah the job is always from 2pm to 10 pm... so I will be able to structure everything around that schedule during the week rather easily.

If you like some of my training ideas, you might like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5yQKNZ39U

2 supersets that I seem to be the only one doing here. They work great!

scals
07-31-10, 5:06 pm
No problem bro. Yeah the job is always from 2pm to 10 pm... so I will be able to structure everything around that schedule during the week rather easily.

If you like some of my training ideas, you might like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5yQKNZ39U

2 supersets that I seem to be the only one doing here. They work great!

Nice video brother. Definitely interested in the deadlift/good morning superset!

AntoineV
08-01-10, 3:02 pm
Yesterday's workout :

Sidelaterals : 15-15-15-15-15
front alt laterals : 12-12-12-12-12
One arm side lateral : 12-12-12
Laying on seated cable rowing machine upright rows : 12-12-12+dropset
Bent over laterals : 15-15-15-15
One arm reverse pec deck : 15-15-15
Machine shrugs : 15+quadruple drop (from 5 plates each side to 1)

I also had a revelation yesterday. My right shoulder is was always awkward since I can remember. Like it's not even and it's not confortable at all when doing raises and presses... but I did rotator cuff exercices in all the angles at the end with a moving cable pulley and I actually felt no pain at all after doing them. Like it was all warmed up and stuff... I will do them each 2 days or maybe before each workouts..... Ill keep you guys up to date if those exercices get very useful to me.. if they do I'll share them with you.

AntoineV
08-01-10, 3:03 pm
Nice video brother. Definitely interested in the deadlift/good morning superset!

No problem!! I will have more videos to come for sure. on the good morning :

Always stick butt and chest out. Bend your legs, it helps keeping the back straight.

scals
08-01-10, 3:35 pm
Thats a lot of volume for the delts. No presses though? Whats the thought behind that?

AntoineV
08-01-10, 3:47 pm
Thats a lot of volume for the delts. No presses though? Whats the thought behind that?

I didnt do any shoulder presses since May.... because before that I was pressing at every shoulder workout for like a year with weight that goes up to 150 pounds... per dumbell.. so my rotator cuffs needed a break. That's the only reason. So instead I do more volume with less weight!

AntoineV
08-01-10, 3:49 pm
HERE IS THE DIET THAT I WILL START TOMORROW ;

Drink a gallon or more water DAILY.

Meal 1
oatmeal 2 cups
8 egg whites, 2 yolks
1 banana

Meal 2
2 cups of brown rice
10 ounces of grilled chicken breast
1/4 cup of unsalted cashews

Meal 3
3 cups of pasta
1 large can of water packed tuna
1 table spoon of olive oil

Meal 4
large sweet potato
10 ounces of flank steak
any green veggie

Meal 5
same as meal # 2
change to 1/4 cup of almonds

Meal 6
CHEAT MEAL....EAT YOUR ASS OFF

-------------------

I never ate that much in my life. I will do that for a month and see how my body reacts. I need to add more mass than I had before.

scals
08-01-10, 4:07 pm
I didnt do any shoulder presses since May.... because before that I was pressing at every shoulder workout for like a year with weight that goes up to 150 pounds... per dumbell.. so my rotator cuffs needed a break. That's the only reason. So instead I do more volume with less weight!

Makes a lot of sense. Best of luck with the diet bro. That is a lot of food!

Firedrake
08-01-10, 4:12 pm
Best of luck with the new diet! I hear you on the shoulder issues -- I have them intermittently.

AntoineV
08-02-10, 1:01 pm
Breakfast went down well! Time to eat 2nd meal... and then go to work! all my lunches prepared, workout shakes prepared... I guess this will be my new routine on week days!

Machine-like processus...!

Firedrake
08-02-10, 1:02 pm
Oh, yeah -- I'm always carrying my cooler in to the office, and they just sit there and watch me eat. Make it happen!

AntoineV
08-03-10, 1:33 am
Oh, yeah -- I'm always carrying my cooler in to the office, and they just sit there and watch me eat. Make it happen!

Eating last meal right now... the hardest part was chewing down almost 2 pounds of food in 15 minutes...(I have a 15 minutes break and another 30 minutes break at work) I will add salsa next time to make it go down faster.

Time to get big!!!! :)

Jon_Blaze
08-03-10, 5:15 am
Eating last meal right now... the hardest part was chewing down almost 2 pounds of food in 15 minutes...(I have a 15 minutes break and another 30 minutes break at work) I will add salsa next time to make it go down faster.

Time to get big!!!! :)

I feel you on that brah. I got 5 minutes of break between classes to shove a meal down my throat, damned hard to do.

c-doll
08-03-10, 1:30 pm
A question regarding the two supersets you posted for back: where would you place them in a work out? Do you do them in the same workout? Are these supersets you throw in the mix to shock the muscles or do them on the reg?

stumblin54
08-04-10, 12:41 am
Been following your progress for a couple years now, you have a solid future ahead of you in the sport. I've seen from your journey that when you're sore or just not feeling it you will take a day off or just go lighter or something of the sort. Do your weeks all start on the same day? Or do you just continuously train whatever needs it next? I ask this because I like to start my weeks on Mondays with heavy legs, but if I'm not too sore by Thursday I will go ahead and do a high volume leg day which will knock the rest of my week outta wack, and then I'll just go from there accordingly. This means the next week that heavy legs may fall on Tuesday or Wednesday etcetera. I choose to listen to my body rather than repeat every week's schedule religiously, you know? Your thoughts?..

Stumblin

Universal Rep
08-04-10, 3:20 pm
Been following your progress for a couple years now, you have a solid future ahead of you in the sport. I've seen from your journey that when you're sore or just not feeling it you will take a day off or just go lighter or something of the sort. Do your weeks all start on the same day? Or do you just continuously train whatever needs it next? I ask this because I like to start my weeks on Mondays with heavy legs, but if I'm not too sore by Thursday I will go ahead and do a high volume leg day which will knock the rest of my week outta wack, and then I'll just go from there accordingly. This means the next week that heavy legs may fall on Tuesday or Wednesday etcetera. I choose to listen to my body rather than repeat every week's schedule religiously, you know? Your thoughts?..

Stumblin

Crazy ain't it, S? He's been at this a coupla years now, with a tremendous physique, yet he's so young... Crazy.

Universal Rep
08-04-10, 3:22 pm

Meal 1
oatmeal 2 cups
8 egg whites, 2 yolks
1 banana

Meal 2
2 cups of brown rice

Meal 3
3 cups of pasta

Meal 4
large sweet potato
10 ounces of flank steak
any green veggie

Meal 5
same as meal # 2

Meal 6

-------------------

I never ate that much in my life. I will do that for a month and see how my body reacts. I need to add more mass than I had before.

Love the meal plan. Especially #6, hahaha....

Do ya track cals at all, or nah?

B. Rowe
08-04-10, 8:02 pm

Meal 1
oatmeal 2 cups
8 egg whites, 2 yolks
1 banana

Meal 2
2 cups of brown rice

Meal 3
3 cups of pasta

Meal 4
large sweet potato
10 ounces of flank steak
any green veggie

Meal 5
same as meal # 2

Meal 6

-------------------

Looks like a decent amount of food....whats your stats right now?

Jon_Blaze
08-04-10, 9:31 pm
Looks like a decent amount of food....whats your stats right now?

I'm also interested in this

AntoineV
08-05-10, 1:58 am

Stumblin

Legs are sore for a looooooong time for me. I don't know why... after 1 week they are okay but then it's time to work them again. I don't have a fixed ''monday is chest or w/e'' type of routines... for now I just go with the flow..

thanks for the cool comments and the encouragements... this is only the beginning... being with U now is awesome and I have big plans

AntoineV
08-05-10, 2:01 am
A question regarding the two supersets you posted for back: where would you place them in a work out? Do you do them in the same workout? Are these supersets you throw in the mix to shock the muscles or do them on the reg?

the first one I do it at the end of workouts... the other one can also be at the end or put in the middle somewhere... it depends..

I do it reg until I find something new that really hits the back. I always change my routines... that's what I've been doing for awhile. I follow a main pattern for 6 weeks though... like drop sets... and keep a group of exercices that I just rotate during that time.. then i change the exercices group and training system to something else (like pyramidal for example)

AntoineV
08-05-10, 2:05 am
I'm also interested in this

Yes it's alot of food bros.... but I just sit each 2-3 hours and chow it down. it's hard, yes because I seem to be sitting and eating all day long except when I work, sleep or train.

I started this new meal plan at 250.. naked in the morning. Arms are 19'' cold.. morning too. I'm in an average condition... not cut but not too smooth. just normal looking. This is like my starting point though.... no way i'm keeping those stats. I'm gonna make them shift big time... 8 MONTHS OUT

AntoineV
08-05-10, 2:07 am

Me and Vinny decided to do this meal plan... we didnt count anything as far as macros or cals.. he just sent me an email and I printed it. Now I just eat what's on the paper. :)

AntoineV
08-06-10, 12:31 pm
Great arm pump yesterday....! my around workout nutrition must be working because each time I do it the pumps are amazing. I also noticed that when I drink my 2 liters of water during training it helps alot with the pump.. just drinking out of the small water fountains in between sets isnt enough. Also elbow pain is almost non existant now. I will keep using moderate weight until I feel 110% fresh again.

G Diesel
08-06-10, 12:35 pm
Me and Vinny decided to do this meal plan... we didnt count anything as far as macros or cals.. he just sent me an email and I printed it. Now I just eat what's on the paper. :)

That is a perfect meal plan for mass.

Good to see Vinny G in the mix. The dude knows his shit.

Peace, G

AntoineV
08-06-10, 10:45 pm
sitting at behind the counter at the gym... first week of the prep done, first week of my new job done, first week of the diet done. Everything went well. maybe I'm gonna try to workout at morning time instead because I have to stay up late to finish my meals if I workout after my job (10 pm)..

CHEST TIME!

Firedrake
08-07-10, 12:32 am
I know morning is about the only time I have available -- besides, my gym's just way too crowded at night.

AntoineV
08-07-10, 1:05 pm
Chest workout I did :

----superset------
flat fly : 12-12-12-12
flat bench : 6-6-6-6
------------------
Incline fly : 12-12-8-6+drop
Machine Press : 3 X 8+drop
Cable cross over : 12-12-10-8+drop

AntoineV
08-07-10, 1:07 pm
I know morning is about the only time I have available -- besides, my gym's just way too crowded at night.

I'm not used to getting up early... I wish I was like those guys waking up at 5 am by themselves... I guess I will have to suck it up and just get the f*ck out of bed when the alarm clock rings.

B. Rowe
08-07-10, 8:33 pm
I'm not used to getting up early... I wish I was like those guys waking up at 5 am by themselves... I guess I will have to suck it up and just get the f*ck out of bed when the alarm clock rings.

after a few weeks it will be like second nature gettin up early...always tough at first. Its tough to have to choose early am workout vs late night, either you dont have a good energy store built up in the am to get a great workout without putting yourself into too deep a state of catabolism or you train late and dont get to put in as much food to facilitate recovery.

AntoineV
08-08-10, 12:28 am
after a few weeks it will be like second nature gettin up early...always tough at first. Its tough to have to choose early am workout vs late night, either you dont have a good energy store built up in the am to get a great workout without putting yourself into too deep a state of catabolism or you train late and dont get to put in as much food to facilitate recovery.

I did a week with working out late. What i didnt like is that I didnt have that much time to eat my meals after that and that I was somewhat tired from standing up all day before working out.

I just have a hard time getting up... I'm like stuck on second gear for awhile when I get up early... Shock Therapy or Animal Pump will take care of that though. :)

Today I did a rest day... I was supposed to workout back but it' still sore from last time. I will do it tomorrow.

Jon_Blaze
08-09-10, 4:01 am
Yeah early mornings are rough at first. I have to get back to doing that myself seeing as I'm about to start working at 6:30am for teaching.

AntoineV
08-11-10, 1:50 am
I got owned by my job yesterday. I work 40 hours but all the personal training programs I have to do them not during the time i'm working. so did programs last night and couldnt get up this morning. I just finished programs and diets again and now im going to sleep

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Misfit
08-11-10, 2:46 am
Antoine, I'm reminded of you by this individual:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__xoggXWTQr0/Sz-osyiaytI/AAAAAAAAHHo/6iMJKMTn23Y/s400/Cedric_McMillan01.jpghttp://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS394.jpg

Long lost brother perhaps??

AntoineV
08-11-10, 12:52 pm
Antoine, I'm reminded of you by this individual:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__xoggXWTQr0/Sz-osyiaytI/AAAAAAAAHHo/6iMJKMTn23Y/s400/Cedric_McMillan01.jpghttp://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/CanadianBacon69/PICS394.jpg

Long lost brother perhaps??

lol yes long lost brother.... back when the continents were still united!!

but in all seriousness I will take this as a compliment Ced McMillan has a physique that I am aiming for in the future..

G Diesel
08-11-10, 12:56 pm
lol yes long lost brother.... back when the continents were still united!!

but in all seriousness I will take this as a compliment Ced McMillan has a physique that I am aiming for in the future..

Haha. That was a great response. The resemblance is uncanny.

That is one hell of a compliment though, as Cedric is the real deal.

Peace, G

AntoineV
08-11-10, 12:57 pm
Today did delts ;

Rotator cuff exercices : 3 sets

Seated military press on smith : 12-12-6+double drop
----superset-----
Side laterals : 4 X 12
Side lateral bent arms with less weight : 4 X 10
-----------------
One arm side laterals : 4 X 10
Bent over laterals : 4 X 12
One arm reverse pec dec : 4 X 12
------triset------
Upright row : 4 X 6
BB shrugs close grip (same bar as upright row) : 4 X 6
Upright row : 4 X 6 (also same bar..)
-----------------

I like high volume for delts

AntoineV
08-12-10, 12:50 pm
I did arms this morning. Sick pump!!! I'm 255-258 right now.... I already gained a couple of pounds from the increased ammount of food and the workout nutrition protocol.

today I did biceps and triceps supersetted

One arm rev push downs : 4 X 12
One arm low pulley curl : 4 X 12

Tricep push downs : 3 X 10
6-6-6-6 standing dumbell curls : 3 X 12

Skullcrusher : 4 X 12
Standing bb curl (ez bar) : 4 X 10

One arm preacher, 6 reps normal 6 reps hammer : 3 X 12
One arm kick backs : 3 X 12

Try this workout you will see the pump is crazy!! it's a fun workout

Firedrake
08-12-10, 1:01 pm
Sweet -- I love arm days like that.

B. Rowe
08-12-10, 1:21 pm
I did arms this morning. Sick pump!!! I'm 255-258 right now.... I already gained a couple of pounds from the increased ammount of food and the workout nutrition protocol.

today I did biceps and triceps supersetted

One arm rev push downs : 4 X 12
One arm low pulley curl : 4 X 12

Tricep push downs : 3 X 10
6-6-6-6 standing dumbell curls : 3 X 12

Skullcrusher : 4 X 12
Standing bb curl (ez bar) : 4 X 10

One arm preacher, 6 reps normal 6 reps hammer : 3 X 12
One arm kick backs : 3 X 12

Try this workout you will see the pump is crazy!! it's a fun workout

i love supersetting bi an tri, cant brush my teeth or wash hair after cus arms are so swollen

Jon_Blaze
08-13-10, 3:33 am
Love the swollen arm feeling.

AntoineV
08-13-10, 12:02 pm
Today is a day off. Just workin' and eatin'

Firedrake
08-13-10, 1:34 pm
Nuthin' wrong with that . . . enjoy!

AntoineV
08-14-10, 1:36 am
Tomorrow is chest day. I started Animal Stak yesterday for the first time. All day it felt like my forearms had a pump from the dilated veins. it's pretty cool.

I will combine the animal stak and the animal pump pre workout tomorrow along with the rest of my workout nutrition to see if it brings my chest pump up...!

AntoineV
08-14-10, 2:26 pm
Feral chest workout. I'm starting to get the hang of it again...

Incline dumbell press : 12-8-6-6-6
----superset----
Incline dumbell fly : 4 X 8
Squize press (with same dumbells as fly) : 4 X 6-8
----------------
Machine hammergrip bnech press : 3 X 10
Pec decks (21's) : 3 X 21
Machine crunch : 3 X 15
Exagerated decline sit ups : 3 X 10
5 minutes of boxing

Firedrake
08-14-10, 10:56 pm
Looks like a great session!

SpankyC
08-15-10, 2:19 pm
Feral chest workout. I'm starting to get the hang of it again...

Incline dumbell press : 12-8-6-6-6
----superset----
Incline dumbell fly : 4 X 8
Squize press (with same dumbells as fly) : 4 X 6-8
----------------
Machine hammergrip bnech press : 3 X 10
Pec decks (21's) : 3 X 21
Machine crunch : 3 X 15
Exagerated decline sit ups : 3 X 10
5 minutes of boxing

Lot of volume! How pumped!!?

AntoineV
08-15-10, 8:50 pm
lot of volume! How pumped!!?

animal pumped ;)

AntoineV
08-16-10, 1:34 pm
Back workout I did this morning :

Inclined seated cable row : 12-12-10-10+drop set
T-bar row : 12-10-10-8+triple drop set
Bent over alternate dumbell row holding the arm not doing the movement in constant contraction with head on bench: 10-10-10-10
Deadlift with bb shrugs mixed together (3-3-3-3-3-3 pattern) : 9-9-9-9 (9-9-9-9)
Dumbell shrugs : 10-10-10

B. Rowe
08-16-10, 2:50 pm
animal pumped ;)

Universally pumped lol

SpankyC
08-16-10, 7:32 pm
Back workout I did this morning :

Inclined seated cable row : 12-12-10-10+drop set
T-bar row : 12-10-10-8+triple drop set
Bent over alternate dumbell row holding the arm not doing the movement in constant contraction with head on bench: 10-10-10-10
Deadlift with bb shrugs mixed together (3-3-3-3-3-3 pattern) : 9-9-9-9 (9-9-9-9)
Dumbell shrugs : 10-10-10

heavy and basic, only way to get that big back, solid training V!

AntoineV
08-16-10, 11:41 pm
Universally pumped lol

a TORRENT of blood rushing into my muscles

AntoineV
08-16-10, 11:44 pm
heavy and basic, only way to get that big back, solid training V!

Yeah we gotta keep the basics bro. Screw those balanceboarddeclineonearmsupinatedpullovers

Firedrake
08-16-10, 11:58 pm
Yeah we gotta keep the basics bro. Screw those balanceboarddeclineonearmsupinatedpullovers

LOL! Too damn true!

AntoineV
08-17-10, 9:26 am
about to go do legs. My right knee pain less pronounced so once warmed up I wonder how it will go.

AntoineV
08-17-10, 9:27 am
also you guys should check out this new pro who just won the Europa...

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2010-europa-supershow/3302-men-open-posedown-at-the-2010-europa-super-show.html

ESSA OBAID.. this guy means business...

Sprint
08-17-10, 9:37 am

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/contests/2010-europa-supershow/3302-men-open-posedown-at-the-2010-europa-super-show.html

Dude's got some serious width on the upper lats.

Firedrake
08-17-10, 11:16 am

Oh, yeah -- I saw this the other day -- this guy's amazing. On his way up, for sure!

The Misfit
08-17-10, 12:52 pm
Antoine V.

Saw your pics when you first arrived on the forvm. You looked familiar but I just couldn't pin it.

So was browsing through youtube and voila! I remember seeing this (your vid) sometime last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkg-hxE7OM&feature=related

B. Rowe
08-17-10, 1:08 pm
Antoine V.

Saw your pics when you first arrived on the forvm. You looked familiar but I just couldn't pin it.

So was browsing through youtube and voila! I remember seeing this (your vid) sometime last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkg-hxE7OM&feature=related

Sic vid man, you really do have an amazing physique. Just gotta hunt down the ending and edit that to Universal now lol.

AntoineV
08-17-10, 1:36 pm
Sic vid man, you really do have an amazing physique. Just gotta hunt down the ending and edit that to Universal now lol.

yeah that's an old video!!!

B. Rowe
08-17-10, 7:06 pm
yeah that's an old video!!!

we wont hold it against you. i herd they went crazy and jus dumped everyone in the company though

AntoineV
08-18-10, 12:43 pm
Everything happens for a reason! and everything is turning for the better on my side!!!

TIME TO KILL!!

I gained around 10 pounds since I started my bulk diet and supplement protocol. (2 weeks)

My pumps are better... I really feel my glycogen stores are super loaded and saturated. It feels good in the gym! I also start to look fuller again. I will film my arm workout this week and share it with you guys here!

I also changed my during workout shake to 2 scoops of Intra aid... and reduced the ammount of carbs post workout... I have to eat 30 minutes after taking the shake so my stomach had trouble processing everything... so here is my workout nutrition now :

Before : Animal Pump
During : 2 scoops Intra-aid in 2 liters of water

When I was doing the other protocol (with million grams of carbs) before starting the new diet I was fine... had to make the adjusments above now since I am eating tons of food all day long!

AntoineV
08-18-10, 12:47 pm
Leg workout I did yesterday :

Standing leg curl (on knees) : 15-15-15-12-12
Seated leg curls : 12-12-12
Lying leg curls : 12-12-12
Hacksquat machine : 12-10-10-8 and drop set all the way down to 1 plate
Sissy squats on hacksquat machine : 15-15-15-15
Toe press : 12-12-12-12
Standing calf raise : 10-10-10

My right knee didnt hurt. All my injuries are getting better since I started my bulk diet and all my supplements... the FLEX is probably helping alot.. this is cool..

D-NUTZ
08-18-10, 12:54 pm
Sweet workout man. Good to hear the injuries are good!

Dallas M
08-18-10, 3:07 pm
get some new videos up soon bro

C.Coronato
08-18-10, 4:43 pm
How do you do a sissy squat on a hack machine? Thats something i think i would enjoy.

Big C
08-18-10, 4:49 pm
How do you do a sissy squat on a hack machine? Thats something i think i would enjoy.

This has caught my interest as well. Always lookin for new ways to shock the legs.

SpankyC
08-18-10, 7:41 pm
Everything happens for a reason! and everything is turning for the better on my side!!!

TIME TO KILL!!

I gained around 10 pounds since I started my bulk diet and supplement protocol. (2 weeks)

My pumps are better... I really feel my glycogen stores are super loaded and saturated. It feels good in the gym! I also start to look fuller again. I will film my arm workout this week and share it with you guys here!

I also changed my during workout shake to 2 scoops of Intra aid... and reduced the ammount of carbs post workout... I have to eat 30 minutes after taking the shake so my stomach had trouble processing everything... so here is my workout nutrition now :

Before : Animal Pump
During : 2 scoops Intra-aid in 2 liters of water

When I was doing the other protocol (with million grams of carbs) before starting the new diet I was fine... had to make the adjusments above now since I am eating tons of food all day long!

how does your diet look like now?

AntoineV
08-18-10, 10:02 pm

You elevate and put your hip out foward and lift the heels off the platform... ill video tape it for you next time I do legs if you dont understand it...

this is the best I found on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdxRJ8PEOM

I do like her but I make sure I put my hips even more foward... and arch the back...

AntoineV
08-18-10, 10:03 pm

I posted it in this thread somewhere... we'll have to search some pages and find it...

AntoineV
08-18-10, 10:03 pm
get some new videos up soon bro

yeah bro I will film tomorrow or friday..! and edit it this week end..

AntoineV
08-18-10, 10:04 pm

http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=988658&postcount=117

Jon_Blaze
08-19-10, 3:49 am
I disappear for a few days and you're heavier, feelin fuller and posting videos? Damn I better come check this thread everyday lol.

AntoineV
08-19-10, 12:29 pm
I disappear for a few days and you're heavier, feelin fuller and posting videos? Damn I better come check this thread everyday lol.

I update this thread everyday bro! And my physique is updating everyday too!! so im logging everything here.

AntoineV
08-19-10, 12:33 pm
This morning I did delts :

Seated military press (smith machine) : 12-12-7-8(+dropset)
-------superset----------
Standing side raise : 12-12-12-12
Standing side raise (imitating the nautilus side raise machine, with less weight) : 12-12-12-12
Bent over side lateral with head on bench : 12-12-12-12 (all reps to failure.. I do partials at the end... not included in the 12 reps)
One arm reverse pec deck : 12-12-12
BB shrugs : 12-10-8(+triple drop)

SpankyC
08-20-10, 12:11 am
This morning I did delts :

Seated military press (smith machine) : 12-12-7-8(+dropset)
-------superset----------
Standing side raise : 12-12-12-12
Standing side raise (imitating the nautilus side raise machine, with less weight) : 12-12-12-12
Bent over side lateral with head on bench : 12-12-12-12 (all reps to failure.. I do partials at the end... not included in the 12 reps)
One arm reverse pec deck : 12-12-12
BB shrugs : 12-10-8(+triple drop)

now thats how you get wide!

Jon_Blaze
08-20-10, 3:18 am
I update this thread everyday bro! And my physique is updating everyday too!! so im logging everything here.

Oh I know, I'm just too lazy to log into my work computer everyday to check things out and write. Guess I should be more pro-active and buy my damn laptop lol.

AntoineV
08-20-10, 1:13 pm
Band of the day :

ARTILLERY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7oZNHTay0

AntoineV
08-20-10, 1:13 pm
Tonight I'm doing arms.... I will also video tape it.

AntoineV
08-21-10, 1:00 am
All right off to the gym!!!!!

AntoineV
08-21-10, 3:51 pm
Arm workout I did (biceps and triceps supersetted)

One arm rev push down : 12-12-12
One arm low pulley cable curl : 12-12-12

6-6-6-6 standing dumbbell curls : 12-12-12-12
Skullcrusher : 12-12-12+negs-12+negs+closegrippresses

Standing barbell curl : 12-12-12
Tricep push downs : 12-12-12

One arm spider curl : 12-12-12
Tricep dumbbell kickback : 12-12-12

5 min boxing

SpankyC
08-21-10, 9:18 pm
Arm workout I did (biceps and triceps supersetted)

One arm rev push down : 12-12-12
One arm low pulley cable curl : 12-12-12

6-6-6-6 standing dumbbell curls : 12-12-12-12
Skullcrusher : 12-12-12+negs-12+negs+closegrippresses

Standing barbell curl : 12-12-12
Tricep push downs : 12-12-12

One arm spider curl : 12-12-12
Tricep dumbbell kickback : 12-12-12

5 min boxing

Gun Show is back in town!! Mine is tomorrow! You taped this session?

AntoineV
08-22-10, 2:57 pm
Yes im uploading...!

AntoineV
08-22-10, 6:21 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfimL1ovK3A

Here is the video!!

Big C
08-22-10, 8:03 pm

Here is the video!!

Sweet gun video big brother. Arms gotta be growin with all that.

D-NUTZ
08-22-10, 8:41 pm
Sweet video man. Lookin' large and in charge.

Nice WO.

Legacy
08-22-10, 10:18 pm

Here is the video!!

Nice video bro.

scals
08-23-10, 2:39 pm

Here is the video!!

Real solid video bro.

Jon_Blaze
08-24-10, 2:59 am
260-265lbs? Very nice and Sonic Boom!

Razor
08-24-10, 8:45 am
Vid was cool as hell bro. I'll definitely be keeping up with ya and seeing your chaos in here.

B. Rowe
08-24-10, 12:54 pm
I just want to know who edits your vids? Damn i feel like a chump just uploading plain old clips.

AntoineV
08-24-10, 1:14 pm
I just want to know who edits your vids? Damn i feel like a chump just uploading plain old clips.

I edit my stuff.... I've been messing around with editing since I'm 16 years old. I could make wayyyyyyyy cooler stuff than this but my computer is an old piece of **** :P

AntoineV
08-24-10, 1:17 pm
Sunday's chest workout :

Inclined dumbbell press : 12-10-8-6+dropset
Inclined plate loading machine bench press : 12-12-12+triple drop
Inclined fly supersetted with squize press for max reps : 10-10-10-10
Cable cross overs : 12-12-12-12
Dips : 12-12-12

Machine crunch : 15-15-15
Balloon crunch : 12-12
Hoop machine : 8-8

AntoineV
08-24-10, 1:20 pm
Yesterday's back workout :

Inclined seated cable row : 12-12-12+dropset
Tbar row : 12-12-12+doubledropset
Special bent over db rows (same as the last backworkout) : 10-10-10
Mike Quinn bent over one arm rows : 10-10-10
Machine pull over : 12-12-12
Hyperextension holding a plate : 12-12-12

Machine curl : 12-12-12+doubledrop

Legacy
08-24-10, 2:16 pm
Sunday's chest workout :

Inclined dumbbell press : 12-10-8-6+dropset
Inclined plate loading machine bench press : 12-12-12+triple drop
Inclined fly supersetted with squize press for max reps : 10-10-10-10
Cable cross overs : 12-12-12-12
Dips : 12-12-12

Machine crunch : 15-15-15
Balloon crunch : 12-12
Hoop machine : 8-8

A lot of incline work, good to see bro.

Aggression
08-24-10, 4:18 pm
I'm liking the workouts and the videos in here, A. Keep truckin' brother.

Firedrake
08-24-10, 6:19 pm
Great work going on . . . I'll have to look at the vids later at home.

AntoineV
08-24-10, 11:57 pm
A lot of incline work, good to see bro.

Yes I need a bigger upperchest!!!!!!

Sprint
08-25-10, 7:10 am
Would you be able to give us a few details on the Mike Quinn bent over one arm rows bro?

D-NUTZ
08-25-10, 8:15 am
Would you be able to give us a few details on the Mike Quinn bent over one arm rows bro?

x2.

Solid work Antoine!

AntoineV
08-25-10, 8:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UVNwu7jOaU and go to 1:47....

It's just a normal dumbbell row but your bring the dumbbell way back... and target the lower lats.... it's just a small variation but Ive tried it and it works.

Legacy
08-25-10, 9:44 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UVNwu7jOaU and go to 1:47....

It's just a normal dumbbell row but your bring the dumbbell way back... and target the lower lats.... it's just a small variation but Ive tried it and it works.

Man does this video scream the 90's lol

B. Rowe
08-25-10, 9:58 pm
Yes I need a bigger upperchest!!!!!!

x2 here bro

AntoineV
08-26-10, 12:55 pm
Shoulder workout I did yesterday :

Machine shoulder press : 12-12-12-8+triple drop
Side lateral supersetted with bent arms side laterals : 12(12)-12(12)-12(12)-12(12)
Bent over lateral : 12-12-12-12
Reverse pec deck supersetted with machine side lateral (nautilus) : 12(12)-12(12)-12(12)-12(12)
Dumbbell Shrugs : 12-12-12+drop set

AntoineV
08-26-10, 11:07 pm
Today was a rest day. eat and work.

Legacy
08-26-10, 11:21 pm
Nice shoulder work bro.

Universal Rep
08-27-10, 12:24 pm
Today was a rest day. eat and work.

Explain yourself...

AntoineV
08-27-10, 1:33 pm
Explain yourself...

I was supposed to train, but when I got up I felt like a train ran over me the day before. So I slept 2 hours more, and just ate all day and worked. (Im a personal trainer, yes how original :P)... tonight I will do legs... at the end of the day so I have even more food in the system.

B. Rowe
08-27-10, 11:17 pm
I was supposed to train, but when I got up I felt like a train ran over me the day before. So I slept 2 hours more, and just ate all day and worked. (Im a personal trainer, yes how original :P)... tonight I will do legs... at the end of the day so I have even more food in the system.

Feels like im cheating on days like this. BUT they are def needed

AntoineV
08-28-10, 2:50 pm
I did some deadlift yesterday. It's the first time in a longtime that i tried to pull some heavyweights from the floor.

Deadlift : 12-6-6-6-6-1

Dallas M
08-28-10, 3:37 pm
keep the videos coming, maybe some offseason posing or a back workout !
im watching your old videos everyday just to get fired up for the gym, i need something new to motivate me

AntoineV
08-28-10, 4:30 pm
keep the videos coming, maybe some offseason posing or a back workout !
im watching your old videos everyday just to get fired up for the gym, i need something new to motivate me

Im editing the deadlift one right now.... :) did you see my last one I posted couple of days ago?

Dallas M
08-29-10, 2:19 am
yea that video was sick bro, looking huge
try and make them longer like a full length training session with an interview or update of whats going on lately

mass3011
08-29-10, 2:52 am
bro im training arms today just seen your that u posteded was going to try it but what the skullcrushers and neg close grip all about?

Sprint
08-29-10, 2:17 pm
I did some deadlift yesterday. It's the first time in a longtime that i tried to pull some heavyweights from the floor.

Deadlift : 12-6-6-6-6-1

Slip back into the groove ok bro?

AntoineV
08-29-10, 10:22 pm
Check out my new vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW20Fbmvrq4

:) Getting the groove back!!

AntoineV
08-29-10, 10:24 pm
bro im training arms today just seen your that u posteded was going to try it but what the skullcrushers and neg close grip all about?

when you cant do normal skulls, bring them to your chest and press them up, and then do a negative skullcrusher... repeat that until you are about to drop it on your face and then do close grip presses until the bar doesnt move.

Legacy
08-29-10, 10:24 pm

Nice fuckin pullin bro

B. Rowe
08-29-10, 10:27 pm

Great pulls bro...lookin pretty thick

SpankyC
08-29-10, 11:23 pm
Man lookin big and strong!! I notice you were doing deadlifts at 1 am!?!?! Do you train late every day? Do you use stimulants?

D-NUTZ
08-30-10, 5:49 am
SWEET deads, bro.

S. Clarida
08-30-10, 12:38 pm

agreed...made that look hella eazy!

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:14 am
Nice fuckin pullin bro

thanks bro.... thats just the beginning. this winter it's gonna be something else

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:15 am

thanks... Im starting to get some fulness back since I started my mass diet 4 weeks ago. Me and Vinny have big plans!!

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:16 am
Man lookin big and strong!! I notice you were doing deadlifts at 1 am!?!?! Do you train late every day? Do you use stimulants?

Yes 1 am... on friday nights I end work at 10pm... so i eat, relax and go back to film. I use stimulants... I take my preworkout at around midnight. I go to sleep at 3am when I do that. usually I workout before noon. (during the week)

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:17 am
agreed...made that look hella eazy!

the sixer was pretty hard... the trick when doing heavy deads is just keep pulling... don't ever slow down during the rep... even if you feel you won't make it. Just keep pullin'

Legacy
08-31-10, 12:18 am
thanks... Im starting to get some fulness back since I started my mass diet 4 weeks ago. Me and Vinny have big plans!!

Whats your mass diet looking like bro? Also what you weighing in at right now?

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:18 am
SWEET deads, bro.

thanks bro. When I get 6 plates for 6 I will try 7 plates.

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:19 am
Whats your mass diet looking like bro? Also what you weighing in at right now?

go at post 117... thats my diet. I just started to reduce the carbs by a quarter today.

Im between 261 and 265

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:20 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=32224&page=6

there!

Legacy
08-31-10, 12:39 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=32224&page=6

there!

Thanks bro, looks fuckin solid.

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:46 am
Thanks bro, looks fuckin solid.

yes it is. SOLID FOOD ALL DAY... just one shake pwo and one during...

Legacy
08-31-10, 12:50 am
yes it is. SOLID FOOD ALL DAY... just one shake pwo and one during...

Thats actually what I switched to doing. I only take supplements during my 3 timing areas; pre, intra, and post workout. Other than that I stick to whole foods at every chance possible.

Legacy
08-31-10, 12:57 am
Just watched your deadlift video again, smooth and strong reps there bro. Noticed you like a lot of metal too, good shit. I am a big fan of BLS, metallica, rammstein, five finger death punch, and godsmack. I saw you had Slayer on a few videos, good shit bro.

AntoineV
08-31-10, 1:00 am
Thats actually what I switched to doing. I only take supplements during my 3 timing areas; pre, intra, and post workout. Other than that I stick to whole foods at every chance possible.

that's the secret. don't take a shake when you can eat a meal.

AntoineV
08-31-10, 1:04 am
Just watched your deadlift video again, smooth and strong reps there bro. Noticed you like a lot of metal too, good shit. I am a big fan of BLS, metallica, rammstein, five finger death punch, and godsmack. I saw you had Slayer on a few videos, good shit bro.

thanks bro.... dude I love slayer. Im relistening to seasons of the abyss alot lately. I saw them live this summer.... Five finger death punch played too but I was waiting at another stage for another band.... i saw avenged seventh fold, rob zombie, 3 inches of blood (awesome), Testament, Anvil, hatebreed (sick live!), megadeth... KORN was something too...

METAL!!!

Firedrake
08-31-10, 1:15 am
thanks bro.... dude I love slayer. Im relistening to seasons of the abyss alot lately. I saw them live this summer.... Five finger death punch played too but I was waiting at another stage for another band.... i saw avenged seventh fold, rob zombie, 3 inches of blood (awesome), Testament, Anvil, hatebreed (sick live!), megadeth... KORN was something too...

METAL!!!

Sounds like a show. I was listening to Avenged Sevenfold for leg day today . . .

AntoineV
08-31-10, 1:19 am
Sounds like a helluva show. I was listening to Avenged Sevenfold for leg day today . . .

Dude slayer was awesome. they brought extra speakers onstage just for that band. there was like a huge 12 feet high wall made of speakers across the stage. My ears were ruined for 3 days. worth it.

Sprint
08-31-10, 8:21 am
that's the secret. don't take a shake when you can eat a meal.

spot on