PDA

View Full Version : Check My New Split!

Joe J
07-04-10, 6:08 pm
Hey guys, been a little while since i've been here but hopefully getting back into regular posting on the forvm! Ok, so i'm planning to build some mass now, primary focus is on delts and abs, and i've come up with this split that will hopefully tear my body to shreds. My focus is on pushing to failure each and every set, and following a pyramid structure. Tell me what you think!

Note: all sets will be in this structure: 1 = 10 - 12 reps. 2 = 8 - 10 reps. 3 = 6 - 8 reps. 4 = 4 - 6 reps.

Monday: Delts
Military Press - will be push pressing any reps that i am failing on
Side Lat DB Raises
Bent Over DB Raises
DB Shoulder Press
Arnold Press

Tuesday: Arms (including some supersets between tri/bi work)
Barbell Curls
Skullcrushers
DB Curls
Close Grip Bench
Hammer Curls
Cable Push Downs

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Chest
DB Bench Press
Incline BB Press
DB Pullover
Cable Crossover
Decline BB Press

Friday: Back
Wide Grip Chins
Bent Over BB Row
Deadlifts
One Arm DB Row
Seated Close Grip Cable Row

Saturday: Legs
Squats
Leg Press
Lunges
Leg Extensions
Standing Calf Raises

As I have increased my usual amount of exercises I have decreased weight in an attempt to try something different to what I have ever done, to keep the muscles guessing and to pack on some hopeful mass!

Abs are trained every day if they are not aching too much, if my body feels that they need a rest then I will leave them. Thanks for reading :)

Legacy
07-05-10, 12:24 am
JoeJ, didn't you post a thread like this a month ago working on your delts? I could have sworn I gave you some ideas about your delt training and also a new routine. Did you try it out at all?

Joe J
07-05-10, 9:49 am
JoeJ, didn't you post a thread like this a month ago working on your delts? I could have sworn I gave you some ideas about your delt training and also a new routine. Did you try it out at all?

Yes I did, and I tried your ideas, starting pushing heavier through my presses and strarted doing hang cleans + presses. My delts really did grow!

intoodeep25
07-05-10, 10:48 am
Yes I did, and I tried your ideas, starting pushing heavier through my presses and strarted doing hang cleans + presses. My delts really did grow!

why abandon ship so soon when your delts were growing....

Joe J
07-05-10, 2:02 pm
why abandon ship so soon when your delts were growing....

I haven't... delts are still priority and i'm still doing what i was.

AntoineV
07-05-10, 2:57 pm
I think you have too much presses on your delt day.... you are already using your shoulders to press with the bench press, etc.

Add some rear delts to compensate. Most bodybuilders lack that area more than the front and side...

What I do is I start with lateral movements first.... for a long time I did rear delts first in the workout, then side and front...

Joe J
07-05-10, 4:09 pm
I think you have too much presses on your delt day.... you are already using your shoulders to press with the bench press, etc.

Add some rear delts to compensate. Most bodybuilders lack that area more than the front and side...

What I do is I start with lateral movements first.... for a long time I did rear delts first in the workout, then side and front...

Thanks, will be trying this tonight!

Machine
07-05-10, 4:48 pm
Hey guys, been a little while since i've been here but hopefully getting back into regular posting on the forvm! Ok, so i'm planning to build some mass now, primary focus is on delts and abs, and i've come up with this split that will hopefully tear my body to shreds. My focus is on pushing to failure each and every set, and following a pyramid structure. Tell me what you think!

Note: all sets will be in this structure: 1 = 10 - 12 reps. 2 = 8 - 10 reps. 3 = 6 - 8 reps. 4 = 4 - 6 reps.

Monday: Delts
Military Press - will be push pressing any reps that i am failing on
Side Lat DB Raises
Bent Over DB Raises
DB Shoulder Press
Arnold Press

Tuesday: Arms (including some supersets between tri/bi work)
Barbell Curls
Skullcrushers
DB Curls
Close Grip Bench
Hammer Curls
Cable Push Downs

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Chest
DB Bench Press
Incline BB Press
DB Pullover
Cable Crossover
Decline BB Press

Friday: Back
Wide Grip Chins
Bent Over BB Row
Deadlifts
One Arm DB Row
Seated Close Grip Cable Row

Saturday: Legs
Squats
Leg Press
Lunges
Leg Extensions
Standing Calf Raises

As I have increased my usual amount of exercises I have decreased weight in an attempt to try something different to what I have ever done, to keep the muscles guessing and to pack on some hopeful mass!

Abs are trained every day if they are not aching too much, if my body feels that they need a rest then I will leave them. Thanks for reading :)

Compare your upper body sets and reps to what you are planning to do for your lower body. Why are you totally ignoring your hamstrigs when they are so vitally important? Here's an idea...replace every abdominal set you have planned with a hamstring set...you will come out far better off in the long run. What is the great emphasis on abdominal training? You do understand that your abdominals hold your upper and lower body together...dont you? I dont understand your thinking here?

MACHINE

Joe J
07-05-10, 5:37 pm
Compare your upper body sets and reps to what you are planning to do for your lower body. Why are you totally ignoring your hamstrigs when they are so vitally important? Here's an idea...replace every abdominal set you have planned with a hamstring set...you will come out far better off in the long run. What is the great emphasis on abdominal training? You do understand that your abdominals hold your upper and lower body together...dont you? I dont understand your thinking here?

MACHINE

Doctors orders to strengthen my abs to the maximum as I suffer from lordosis. I have noticed that hams need a bit more on this split. Thanks, added in. :)

Machine
07-05-10, 8:25 pm
Okay, okay...now that makes a little more sense, sorry about that. However, my recommendation regarding the hamstrings stands, and I am happy to see you are adding more ham work. This is really critical the strength of your entire frame, your back included.

Good luck.

MACHINE

Joe J
07-05-10, 9:17 pm
Thankyou for the advice. :)

Pizzalamp
07-05-10, 9:22 pm
i think you have too many presses on shoulder day
and i think you need a day off before leg day and some hamstring work

good luck