PDA

View Full Version : In the gulf

blaine
07-07-10, 6:44 pm
finished my 4 week cut, and got sent to new orleans. i lost a lot of mass from running and swimming so much. i purchased some mstak and protien and hit the gym. the dumbbells only go up to 50 pounds, no barbell, no pull up bar, just a bunch of machines. did legs today with a curl, extension and press machine. any advice on how to make the best of it while im here. this is the staging area gym, hopefully i will get sent somewhere that has something better. there is a lot of down time here i want to take advantage of.

Machine
07-07-10, 9:34 pm
You are going to have to get creative my brother I recommend this:

Quads

Giant sets / 3 full rotations without rest.

Bulgarian Split Squats - work up to the 50 pounders one in each hand. These are extremely challenging even without the weights in hand - 15 per leg

Move immediately to Walking Lunges with the 50 pounders - 50 feet length

Move right into Dummbell Squats without dropping the 50 pounders - 20 reps

Move right into Leg extensions - 20 reps

Move right into Sissy Squats - 20 reps

Hamstrings

Giant Sets / 3 full rotations

Stiff Leg Deadlifts - do 20 reps 4 seconds down / 3 seconds up

Move right into Lying Dummbell Leg Curls - do 12 reps

Move right into One Legged Lying Leg Curls slowly - 15 reps

If you have a partner you need to finish the rotation with Hamstring Holds - you are on your knees on a floor pad / your partner kneels on your feet so his knee caps are in the arches of your feet / you lower yourself under strict control with your hands behind your head / it should take you 5-7 seconds to hit the floor under control.

This should pretty well fry your ass...let me know how it works out.

Good luck.

MACHINE

blaine
07-07-10, 10:08 pm
thx, that will set me straight for legs
if there was a pull up bar i would be set for my upper body. but there isnt

Hercules
07-08-10, 10:31 am
Find a tree for pull-ups. That's what I had to do on my vacation last year. You can also go to a kids' playground; tons of bars there for pulling up.

I suggest taking a look at Kubik's Dinosaur Training. There are some killer movements in there that I think can really help your situation.

mcbeast
07-08-10, 2:45 pm
Pullups can be done almost anywhere. Some door jams have thick/sturdy enough edging to try some finger pullups. Playgrounds are good too. Or bring a towel with you, and go to a tree branch!

Machine
07-08-10, 8:39 pm
thx, that will set me straight for legs
if there was a pull up bar i would be set for my upper body. but there isnt

This is a balls out session for your ass!

Good luck.

MACHINE

blaine
07-09-10, 6:01 pm
That leg session was nice. The next day I was out of that hotel. I was using a door jam that I could just barely grip to do some grueling pull up movements. Now I'm on a NASA base getting some training. I'm using their nice gym for the time being. I have 3 days left here, i hope the next place I get sent has something. If not I will improvise.

Machine
07-10-10, 9:44 pm
The last word in your post is the one that all of the forum members must remember...you need to learn how to utilize every tool in the toolbox, because in the final analysis...its you, your equipment, and the mission.

Improvise to get the mission accomplished.

MACHINE