PDA

View Full Version : Freaks, Who Are They Really?

Universal Rep
07-08-10, 5:21 pm
I was on a little riff yesterday... Freaks. What is it about freaks that we're drawn to? Why do we follow the contest results for bodybuilding shows? Why do we read the bodybuilding mags? Why are we drawn to size and more size? Why do so many of us prize and respect size first and foremost? Is it possible to be a "freak" and not be a "mass monster"?

I say yes. Absolutely. Categorically. Definitely.

shortstack
07-08-10, 5:26 pm
I agree with ya U rep. Look at a guy like Farnsworth. He's got some mass monster legs but great symmetry and "Freak" strength.

In his case I don't think it's possible to watch any of those videos of his without the word Freak coming out of your mouth.

Jeremy

Mr. Dead
07-08-10, 5:26 pm
I think we're drawn to freaks, as we are generally brought up with the notion that bigger is better... And, that size is power, and power is good... But, there does come a point where too much mass results in an oddity, more than a work of art, which the body in and of itself truly is...

Universal Rep
07-08-10, 5:33 pm
I think we're drawn to freaks, as we are generally brought up with the notion that bigger is better... And, that size is power, and power is good... But, there does come a point where too much mass results in an oddity, more than a work of art, which the body in and of itself truly is...

Is it all based on appearances? The mass monsters are huge. Size matters. So does size is equate with work, effort, discipline.

Many talk about genetics. The genetics for a fella to come in at 300 with 4% bodyfat. Yeah, that's genetics alright, no disputin' that. But what about the guy with small joints and a tiny waist and a smaller frame. That's genetics too.

What about that bodybuilder who can hit an honest-to-goodness vacuum pose? Tell me that ain't freaky when done right. I mean c'mon, look at Zane. Tell me THAT ain't freaky...

By prioritizing size over all else you run the risk of losing what could truly make bodybuilding a great sport, one that inspire anyone from a kid to a grandpa. By valuing mass over all else, by making the sport even more niche, you lose out on the role model aspect of the sport. You lose those intangible qualities, like heart, dedication, and drive. Character, values, and integrity.

Mr. Dead
07-08-10, 5:37 pm
Oh, I agree... I prefer the aesthetic physiques... Bob Paris was one of the most underrated bodybuilders ever... And, size has gotten so out of hand, that it becomes more of an imaginary/dream quest to attain the level of today's mass monsters...

Universal Rep
07-08-10, 5:37 pm
It's time for a new kind of freak, a new meaning to word freaky. Doesn't mean the old one has to go. Just means a new one has to be valued and rewarded. I wanna see the mass monsters. I wanna see 'em competing head to head, on the stage, with a new generation of bodybuilding sportin' a classic physique. How cool would that be? The freaks of mass vs. the freaks of physique and symmetry.

Razor
07-08-10, 5:39 pm
By prioritizing size over all else you run the risk of losing what could truly make bodybuilding a great sport, one that inspire anyone from a kid to a grandpa. By valuing mass over all else, by making the sport even more niche, you lose out on the role model aspect of the sport. You lose those intangible qualities, like heart, dedication, and drive. Character, values, and integrity.

Hit the nail on the head with this Rep. When i first got into this sport i always thought bigger was always better and always going to win in the long run but as i dove in further and further i realized that it wasn't everything. I think that's also why my bodybuilding role models are different from the norm.

Universal Rep
07-08-10, 5:39 pm
Oh, I agree... I prefer the aesthetic physiques... Bob Paris was one of the most underrated bodybuilders ever... And, size has gotten so out of hand, that it becomes more of an imaginary/dream quest to attain the level of today's mass monsters...

Exactly. It's great to look at in mags. Show the pics to your girl or someone who doesn't follow the sport and their mouths will automatically turn into a big "O"... But like you said, it's like a dream. It's unattainable. And we worship at the feet of this dream. Maybe precisely cuz it's so unrealistic and so unattainable we are dumbfounded, rendered mute and disbelieving. It's time to believe again.

Mr. Dead
07-08-10, 5:40 pm
Agreed...

Universal Rep
07-08-10, 5:43 pm
Hit the nail on the head with this Rep. When i first got into this sport i always thought bigger was always better and always going to win in the long run but as i dove in further and further i realized that it wasn't everything. I think that's also why my bodybuilding role models are different from the norm.

Ain't nothing wrong with the bigger is better mentality. Being bigger, workin' hard to get more size and mass ain't necessarily a bad thing. But for too long, it has meant that other bodybuilding values has taken a back seat... Many stand in line at expos for hours just tryin' to pay $10 for an autograph of some champ. Nothing wrong with that. But why not for the guy who looks amazing in his own way? Why not for the guy who is truly a champion of the sport and for the sport? A role model who will usher in a new generation for the sport? Bodybuilding mags are struggling. More and more bodybuilding shows are fading. Why? Cuz the sport just ain't as relevant as it used to be. The sport just ain't reaching the next generation of fans, the youth. Bodybuilding is workin' its way into obsolescence.

Razor
07-08-10, 5:52 pm
Ain't nothing wrong with the bigger is better mentality. Being bigger, workin' hard to get more size and mass ain't necessarily a bad thing. But for too long, it has meant that other bodybuilding values has taken a back seat... Many stand in line at expos for hours just tryin' to pay $10 for an autograph of some champ. Nothing wrong with that. But why not for the guy who looks amazing in his own way? Why not for the guy who is truly a champion of the sport and for the sport? A role model who will usher in a new generation for the sport? Bodybuilding mags are struggling. More and more bodybuilding shows are fading. Why? Cuz the sport just ain't as relevant as it used to be. The sport just ain't reaching the next generation of fans, the youth. Bodybuilding is workin' its way into obsolescence.

Exactly. NOthing wrong with it at all but when it is the ONLY thing that is measured you have to question it.

Muscleguy93
07-08-10, 8:27 pm
Freaks=Biggest, strongest,leanest guy.

adidas
07-08-10, 8:42 pm
One of my favorite BB of practically all time, Vince Gironda was considered a freak for his day and age and lost many shows because he was considered to muscular...But I would prefer his look of "freakiness" over any of todays mass monsters...

Machine
07-08-10, 8:58 pm
There are many, many versions of what we each percieve to be the true manifestation of a freak. I have seen some motherfucking freaks...and they weren't all mass monsters, or "condition" guys either. I have seen Orville Burke weighing 283 pounds with a waist you could put a wristwatch around...I have seen a guy like Kevin English who can diet for a show while eating bags of candy - FREAK! I have seen strength freaks like Sam Byrd, Ryan Kennelly, Brian Weston, and on and on...

I prefer to think of a freak as someone with freakish work ethic, someone who always makes it into the weight room no matter what...without excuses...

14 hour shift...no problem...in the gym by 8:00 am.

Swine flu...no fucking problem...still training for a world record.

Broken bones...twisted intestines...cancer...dead mother...dead father...dead child...no fucking problem at all.

At one time or another, I have literally seen athletes train with all this shit going on in their lives.

To me, that is a freak...the freakish will to become radically engaged in becoming...transforming...evolving...that is where its at boyz.

MACHINE

Muscleguy93
07-08-10, 9:37 pm
True, gotta go with machine on this one.

U Mad Brah?
07-09-10, 10:02 am
maybe teh true freaks are teh ones who dont need any glorification and powdering of teh brahs nuts but does this shit for themselves brahs... imagine a brah who doesnt give a fuck about what others think and gets massive on his own... Freak brah?

ghost
07-09-10, 10:18 am

that's not true, i have been called a "Freak" many times. and im not the biggest, leanest guy. im 5'9. 180. but i can outlift most guys that are twice my size. i dont know many people my size that can shrug over 900 lbs easily. or static hold over 1200 lbs.

so freak doesnt just single out the biggest guys.

adidas
07-09-10, 10:23 am
that's not true, i have been called a "Freak" many times. and im not the biggest, leanest guy. im 5'9. 180. but i can outlift most guys that are twice my size. i dont know many people my size that can shrug over 900 lbs easily. or static hold over 1200 lbs.

biggest is a realative term...

you might well be the biggest guy at 5'9" 180lbs...

ghost
07-09-10, 10:27 am
biggest is a realative term...

you might well be the biggest guy at 5'9" 180lbs...

haha. brother, i am no where near the biggest.

Beowulf
07-09-10, 10:46 am

This is conventional thinking, the one the promotes the current bias towards size at all costs.

A freak is one of those words that can have to antithetical meanings. It can be a badge of honor or a term of scorn. What kind of athlete could bridge that gap in meaning?

Universal Rep
07-09-10, 10:57 am
There are many, many versions of what we each percieve to be the true manifestation of a freak.

I prefer to think of a freak as someone with freakish work ethic, someone who always makes it into the weight room no matter what...without excuses...

To me, that is a freak...the freakish will to become radically engaged in becoming...transforming...evolving...that is where its at boyz.

MACHINE

Yup. There is no one size-fits-all "freak", though I'd wager most would say it's the biggest, most muscular guy on the stage. Yeah, that is freaky. But freaky has gotta be a word that is more elastic, gotta include much more than just size. Work ethic. Radical engagement with bettering yourself. Can be a fella who is 150 pounds or even 300... Gotta change the way we think in a radical way.

RogueLion
07-09-10, 12:06 pm

What is a static hold?

IRN-NML
07-09-10, 12:33 pm
Freaks are the guys in the gym or you might pass in public that had the physique or strength that stands out from the rest and remain memorable for a long period of time.

Sure, it might be the biggest guy pushing the biggest weight, but even more so, it might be the unassuming guy pushing the unbelievable weight.

It mght be the jockey sized guys whom, shirtless, you wonder how much muscle got packed in that small a space.

It might be the light-medium weight guy two weeks out from another comp; training in a hoodie, dieting down, far removed from the rest of the fit, average joes getting in just another workout.

It might be the guy out in public with the too tight shirt; yeah, it may look stupid or arrogant, but there's no mistaking, you know the guy lifts.

Considering the thousands of people you pass daily; sadly, a lot of it an incredible amount of fat, the freak, of any size, in or out of the gym is going to be rare but memorable.

ghost
07-09-10, 12:45 pm
What is a static hold?

static hold is a variation of the rack pull, pins set just above your knees, load up the bar and pick it up, holding on to it for X amt of seconds.

Razor
07-09-10, 12:47 pm

You've been called a Freak because you are brother. :)

LegendKillerJosh
07-09-10, 12:49 pm
I had a small "epiphany" last night. It's something probably all of us have experienced. I spent my entire morning visiting my mom in the hospital. I missed a meal before work, and was feeling shitty. I spent my entire afternoon working, and didn't get out til after 8pm. I didn't eat very much at all that day, and wasn't feeling my best. I was debating whether I should try to hit the gym anyway, or just postpone it til this morning. Towards the end of my shift, I just got this thought "Fuck postponing my workout. Tomorrow might not come for all I know. What if I don't wake up tomorrow morning? I have to make the most of today. The day isn't over, and I'm sure as shit not going to waste it away." I ate a banana and a plum on my drive home for some quick energy, whipped up a serving of eaa stack for the drive to the gym and my gatorade/eaa combo for the gym, and had an awesome chest workout.

To me, that is the definition of a freak. It doesn't matter how big you are, how strong you are, how ripped you are. It doesn't mean training with bent dumbells or raggedy clothes. It is your actions that speak the loudest. A freak trains because they love it. They live for the punishment in the gym. The time I spend in the gym is the only time I'm focused, and the only time I really feel alive. I sleepwalk my way through school and work, but when I'm in the gym, it's pure intensity. My cell phone is off, and my Ipod is loud. I don't care what the rest of the world is up to, the only thing I can focus on my next set. I know the weight will feel heavy, I know it's going to hurt, I know I'm going to be sore, and I wouldn't trade any of that for anything else in the world.

If you train for all the right reasons, you are a freak. If you train because you want to, no fuck that, NEED to, you are a freak. It doesn't matter if you are 275 and bench 800, or 150 and bench 135, a freak is someone who goes into the gym day after day, year after year, decade after decade, because they couldn't live with themselves if they didn't. A freak busts his ass in the gym everytime, as if it were his last workout, because they know they are making themself better.

Universal Rep
07-09-10, 12:53 pm
What is a "freak"? Literally, a freak is an true enthusiast, a nonconformist. One who is obssessed. Someone that is into what is countercultural. Something unusual or irregular. Abnormal.

Let's face it, what we all do is freaky. Some, freakier than others, sure, but deep down who among us ain't obssessed?

Razor
07-09-10, 12:59 pm
What is a "freak"? Literally, a freak is an true enthusiast, a nonconformist. One who is obssessed. Someone that is into what is countercultural. Something unusual or irregular. Abnormal.

Let's face it, what we all do is freaky. Some, freakier than others, sure, but deep down who among us ain't obssessed?

Let's face this as well, if were weren't freaks in our own way would we be here?

Universal Rep
07-09-10, 1:01 pm
Let's face this as well, if were weren't freaks in our own way would we be here?

Yup and that's my point... Let's take back the word from the mass monsters and give it new meaning in the context of the sport. Let's see what we can do to redefine and include others who are no less deserving.

Razor
07-09-10, 1:03 pm
There are many, many versions of what we each percieve to be the true manifestation of a freak. I have seen some motherfucking freaks...and they weren't all mass monsters, or "condition" guys either. I have seen Orville Burke weighing 283 pounds with a waist you could put a wristwatch around...I have seen a guy like Kevin English who can diet for a show while eating bags of candy - FREAK! I have seen strength freaks like Sam Byrd, Ryan Kennelly, Brian Weston, and on and on...

14 hour shift...no problem...in the gym by 8:00 am.

Swine flu...no fucking problem...still training for a world record.

Broken bones...twisted intestines...cancer...dead mother...dead father...dead child...no fucking problem at all.

At one time or another, I have literally seen athletes train with all this shit going on in their lives.

MACHINE

Awesome post my brother. Awesome post.

Machine
07-09-10, 9:09 pm
Thank you; I have a profound love for the freaks...and consider myself one for life...

MACHINE

Girevik 69
07-10-10, 7:37 am
I was on a little riff yesterday... Freaks. What is it about freaks that we're drawn to? Why do we follow the contest results for bodybuilding shows? Why do we read the bodybuilding mags? Why are we drawn to size and more size? Why do so many of us prize and respect size first and foremost? Is it possible to be a "freak" and not be a "mass monster"?

I say yes. Absolutely. Categorically. Definitely.

I completely agree, UR.

I find this especially true with what I call the "Old School Freaks", folks like:

Wladyslaw Kurcharczyk, better known as Bobby Pandour (really impressive overall muscular development and definition):

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Pandour/pandour.htm

Otto Arco (his ability to hit the "Rope" pose was especially feakish):

http://www34.brinkster.com/superstrength/pics/095_096.jpg

Maxick (amazing development and definition, and he could hit the "Rope" pose as well):

http://www.maxalding.co.uk/maxick/maxick.jpg

Eugen Sandow (the guy had an 8-pack):

http://zacheven-esh.com/blog/uploaded/EugeneSandow.jpg

Machine
07-10-10, 12:03 pm
I completely agree, UR.

I find this especially true with what I call the "Old School Freaks", folks like:

Wladyslaw Kurcharczyk, better known as Bobby Pandour (really impressive overall muscular development and definition):

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Pandour/pandour.htm

Otto Arco (his ability to hit the "Rope" pose was especially feakish):

http://www34.brinkster.com/superstrength/pics/095_096.jpg

Maxick (amazing development and definition, and he could hit the "Rope" pose as well):

http://www.maxalding.co.uk/maxick/maxick.jpg

Eugen Sandow (the guy had an 8-pack):

http://zacheven-esh.com/blog/uploaded/EugeneSandow.jpg

These are prime examples of men who were "freaks" before there were "freaks" we are not reinventing the wheel here...we are just upping the ante a little...or in some cases a lot.

MACHINE

Legacy
07-10-10, 2:33 pm

I think the true freaks are the ones who are cast in the shadows. I think the true freaks are the ones you don't hear about. The one that wakes up each day prepared to work a long hard ass day, still makes all his food, and still finds time to hit the gym with all the excesses in his/her life. The one who doesn't ask for credit, just does what he has to do to get by. The one who carries through his day doing what is inspected rather than what is expected. The one who doesn't bitch and complain when shit hits the fan and finds ways to get through it. The one who casually walks around with a smile on his face while others call him a freak behind his back. The one that does this for his desire and doesn't fall into the realm of commercialized bullshit. The one who go into every situation with 100% intensity and only accepts failure when every option has been exhausted.

The freak is the one you don't hear about. The freak lays in the shadows and does what he needs to get through his life and achieve his goals with full intensity. You hear no bitchin, no complaining, and takes responsibility for his actions. Bottom line is the freak shows HARD WORK AND DEDICATION. FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE.

Sprint
07-10-10, 5:00 pm
If you train for all the right reasons, you are a freak. If you train because you want to, no fuck that, NEED to, you are a freak. It doesn't matter if you are 275 and bench 800, or 150 and bench 135, a freak is someone who goes into the gym day after day, year after year, decade after decade, because they couldn't live with themselves if they didn't. A freak busts his ass in the gym everytime, as if it were his last workout, because they know they are making themself better.

The freak is the one you don't hear about. The freak lays in the shadows and does what he needs to get through his life and achieve his goals with full intensity. You hear no bitchin, no complaining, and takes responsibility for his actions. Bottom line is the freak shows HARD WORK AND DEDICATION. FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE.

agreed. Ive been called a freak by my friends cos of my love for hitting the weights hard. Ive had a few of them join me for a session here & there & none have stayed the course. Ironically a former work colleague started joining me for sessions & through that we became best friends. Both of us used to work nights in a packing factory, finish shift at 6am, be at the gym ready for opening at 6:30am. neither of us are huge or strong. Im big compared to ur usual chap walking round but in terms of a lot of Animals on here, nowhere near but our lifestyle led to both of us getting called freaks. Lets be honest tho, the Animal attitude leads to people who dont do this stuff calling all of us freaks.
Personally, people who dont wish to better themselves either by getting a leaner/stronger/more muscular physique, or try to challenge themselves to lift heavier than they have done before, generally your 'average' joe public...having that sort of outlook on life is freaky to me.
Do i want to be stronger...do i want to lose this extra bit of bodyfat etc...no? tell me THAT shit is 'normal' and we're the freaks.

Sprint
07-10-10, 5:11 pm
Cellardweller's Journey, called Taking Out The Trash (sorry i dont got the link to it right now) is the real stuff. He's doin wot he can with wot he's got, which is quite a bit with not a lot.
He's the definition of a 'freak'. but there's nothing freaky about making absolutely the most of absolutely everything you have. Full respect to him.

The Misfit
07-10-10, 9:00 pm
Cutler & Ruhl = Massive. Do I consider them freaks? No.
Coleman, Yates, Warren, Giordonello & Wojo = freaks.

In other sporting pursuits:
Reggie Bush in his college days = extreme freak
Olympic weightlifters (especially the smaller guys) = freaks
Bill Kazmaier, Marius Pudzanowski & Derek Poundstone = freaks

LegendKillerJosh
07-11-10, 11:24 pm
Let me tell you why being a freak can be a bad thing...

Their are guys out there who are huge, they can eat like garbage, drink all night with their friends and get up in the morning and still lift ridiculous amounts of weight. That is a freak.

And that is something I never want to be. I feel better eating good, sleeping good, and lifting heavy. I am not a genetic freak. I wasn't born a freak. I have worked hard for every pound of muscle I've added and every 2 1/2 pound plate I've added to the bar. And I will continue working hard until I can't do it anymore because I love it.

The Misfit
07-12-10, 12:42 am
Let me tell you why being a freak can be a bad thing...

Their are guys out there who are huge, they can eat like garbage, drink all night with their friends and get up in the morning and still lift ridiculous amounts of weight. That is a freak.

And that is something I never want to be. I feel better eating good, sleeping good, and lifting heavy. I am not a genetic freak. I wasn't born a freak. I have worked hard for every pound of muscle I've added and every 2 1/2 pound plate I've added to the bar. And I will continue working hard until I can't do it anymore because I love it.

Freak. A state of mind. A way of life.

Sprint
07-12-10, 10:13 am
. I wasn't born a freak. I have worked hard for every pound of muscle I've added and every 2 1/2 pound plate I've added to the bar. And I will continue working hard until I can't do it anymore because I love it.

Spot on

Cellardweller
07-13-10, 1:59 am
Cellardweller's Journey, called Taking Out The Trash (sorry i dont got the link to it right now) is the real stuff. He's doin wot he can with wot he's got, which is quite a bit with not a lot.
He's the definition of a 'freak'. but there's nothing freaky about making absolutely the most of absolutely everything you have. Full respect to him.

Thanks man. Glad I can inspire you.

Legacy
07-21-10, 11:57 pm
Enough said.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=104&section=livin

Universal Rep
07-23-10, 9:48 am
"Hardcore is when you find yourself back in the gym the Monday after winning show. All you can think about is how in the fuck are you going to surprise them next time on stage. You haven't even found the right spot to put your hardware, and you're calculating your diet to rebound on. That's not only hardcore, that's fuckin' insane, man. Even though it's cool to show off the trophy, you're worried about that weak point the judges picked on. You've already started planning your next move. You need to build more muscle here, a little more separation there. Your focus is on how quickly you can start adding that new muscle so that you can keep moving up the bodybuilding ladder. This is the life of a hardcore bodybuilder. This is the life you must choose voluntarily. This is my life."

Razor
07-23-10, 9:51 am
"Hardcore is when you find yourself back in the gym the Monday after winning show. All you can think about is how in the fuck are you going to surprise them next time on stage. You haven't even found the right spot to put your hardware, and you're calculating your diet to rebound on. That's not only hardcore, that's fuckin' insane, man. Even though it's cool to show off the trophy, you're worried about that weak point the judges picked on. You've already started planning your next move. You need to build more muscle here, a little more separation there. Your focus is on how quickly you can start adding that new muscle so that you can keep moving up the bodybuilding ladder. This is the life of a hardcore bodybuilder. This is the life you must choose voluntarily. This is my life."

Absolutely love this! Awesome.

charlievanriper
07-23-10, 10:14 am
Okay everyone has thier definition of Freak Period. Now for mine.
A Freak is an Person who has chosen to be an outcast, Cast aside by society and looked at as outside the base accepted fiber of society. A Freak is someone who has only one purpose in thier soul and that is to win, to design a physique that will carry that person to Victory and not to settle but to strive every day to achieve that goal and then on to the next victory. A freak has no other thought than to outperform what was done yesterday as thier is only today and tomorrow, yesterday was a fleeting moment in time and is gone. A freak is as UREP said HARDCORE, thier is nothing else but the IRON, nothing else but daily commitment to the IRON to best yourself each time you touch that IRON. A Freak has no need to respond to the jealous rantings of those that cant stand in where you stand, or handle what you do every day. A freak is not born he is made forged in the Blood sweat and Tears from the pains and triumphs of Commitment to the Iron and its lifestyle!!
Remeber part of the Commitment to that IRON is the willingness to extend your hand to another and help them on thier path and Journey it is part of building the foundations of your Soul, its up to the other to accept your offer or continue to follow the losing path blindly. How you as an IRON Freak face eaqch day andf each person reflects on the Sport and the Lifestyle we can build it or tear it down, either way it is not ours to own it is ours to share!

charlievanriper
07-23-10, 10:22 am
Okay everyone has thier definition of Freak Period. Now for mine.
A Freak is an Person who has chosen to be an outcast, Cast aside by society and looked at as outside the base accepted fiber of society. A Freak is someone who has only one purpose in thier soul and that is to win, to design a physique that will carry that person to Victory and not to settle but to strive every day to achieve that goal and then on to the next victory. A freak has no other thought than to outperform what was done yesterday as thier is only today and tomorrow, yesterday was a fleeting moment in time and is gone. A freak is as UREP said HARDCORE, thier is nothing else but the IRON, nothing else but daily commitment to the IRON to best yourself each time you touch that IRON. A Freak has no need to respond to the jealous rantings of those that cant stand in where you stand, or handle what you do every day. A freak is not born he is made forged in the Blood sweat and Tears from the pains and triumphs of Commitment to the Iron and its lifestyle!!
Remeber part of the Commitment to that IRON is the willingness to extend your hand to another and help them on thier path and Journey it is part of building the foundations of your Soul, its up to the other to accept your offer or continue to follow the losing path blindly. How you as an IRON Freak face eaqch day andf each person reflects on the Sport and the Lifestyle we can build it or tear it down, either way it is not ours to own it is ours to share!

A freak is not born he is made forged in the Blood sweat and Tears from the pains and triumphs of Commitment to the Iron and its lifestyle!!
Remeber part of the Commitment to that IRON is the willingness to extend your hand to another and help them on thier path and Journey it is part of building the foundations of your Soul, its up to the other to accept your offer or continue to follow the losing path blindly. How you as an IRON Freak face each day andf each person reflects on the Sport and the Lifestyle we can build it or tear it down, either way it is not ours to own it is ours to share!

I for one will continue to give my all, My heart and Soul to this Lifestyle until God decides its my time to come home. I will continue to Earn the respect of my peers and will strive to offer my hand to anyone willing to accept it, but in the End I will push every fiber to its breaking point every time I am in the gym unwilling to leave anything behind, besting my best every day for that is who I am.

charlievanriper
07-25-10, 9:51 pm
Bump cus Ilike the topic!!