PDA

View Full Version : Perfection

BamBam
07-10-10, 11:51 am
"In chasing the impossible you often pass everyone else that is caught up trying to achieve the highest levels of what each of them deem to be possible."

I just saw this quote, and something about it just seemed to slap me in the face and hit me deep. I love it. I will for now, leave the writer anonymous, but had to share this.

My question is, I guess, does anyone in here believe in perfection? Now, Im not talking religious aspects or anything, but, I mean yeah, the competitive world of any sport, let alone ours, is always changing. So what is your idea of perfect? Can it exist? Will it ever? If it does now, who? What?

Also, do some of us, or other people out there in the masses simply settle for a state of blissful mediocrity, when they are mistaking it for perfection?

Dunno, just wanting to see your thoughts...

IN IRON,
BB-

Ironfreakshow247
07-10-10, 12:19 pm
I don't see a true possibility of "perfection" no matter how hard we work or the improvements we make, as bodybuilders and humans beings I find there is always something we can do a little better. Whether it we added an inch to the bicep but we want a higher peak, or you busted your ass to bring the quads up to par with the rest of your body, but your still looking for a little more outer sweep. When we become satisfied and complacent the next guy works harder and can take what you wanted

BamBam
07-10-10, 12:28 pm
I don't see a true possibility of "perfection" no matter how hard we work or the improvements we make, as bodybuilders and humans beings I find there is always something we can do a little better. Whether it we added an inch to the bicep but we want a higher peak, or you busted your ass to bring the quads up to par with the rest of your body, but your still looking for a little more outer sweep. When we become satisfied and complacent the next guy works harder and can take what you wanted

Nice outlook bro

IN IRON,
BB-

Legacy
07-10-10, 2:08 pm
"In chasing the impossible you often pass everyone else that is caught up trying to achieve the highest levels of what each of them deem to be possible."

I just saw this quote, and something about it just seemed to slap me in the face and hit me deep. I love it. I will for now, leave the writer anonymous, but had to share this.

My question is, I guess, does anyone in here believe in perfection? Now, Im not talking religious aspects or anything, but, I mean yeah, the competitive world of any sport, let alone ours, is always changing. So what is your idea of perfect? Can it exist? Will it ever? If it does now, who? What?

Also, do some of us, or other people out there in the masses simply settle for a state of blissful mediocrity, when they are mistaking it for perfection?

Dunno, just wanting to see your thoughts...

IN IRON,
BB-

I am a bodybuilder, however I am not a competitive bodybuilder. I train to be big, lean, and strong; those are my goals, I don't care about adding more detail here or getting my glutes striated. Just like my signature says, "I'm not some model gracing a cover, I'm just trying to make it through my life". I am just a regular guy who lifts to attain a freaky physique. With that being said, I do not think there is a point where anything is "perfect", however I do believe there is a point of content. I have my goals set to where I want to end my physique and maintain it at that point, however realizing it is a process and not something immediate allows me to stay content to where I am at. What I mean by this is although I may not yet be at my ultimate goal, I am getting close to it each day. And when I wake up and look in the mirror each morning I am content to where I have already taken my physique and realize that my goal is in reaching distance to my idea of physical perfection.

BamBam
07-10-10, 2:49 pm
I am a bodybuilder, however I am not a competitive bodybuilder. I train to be big, lean, and strong; those are my goals, I don't care about adding more detail here or getting my glutes striated. Just like my signature says, "I'm not some model gracing a cover, I'm just trying to make it through my life". I am just a regular guy who lifts to attain a freaky physique. With that being said, I do not think there is a point where anything is "perfect", however I do believe there is a point of content. I have my goals set to where I want to end my physique and maintain it at that point, however realizing it is a process and not something immediate allows me to stay content to where I am at. What I mean by this is although I may not yet be at my ultimate goal, I am getting close to it each day. And when I wake up and look in the mirror each morning I am content to where I have already taken my physique and realize that my goal is in reaching distance to my idea of physical perfection.

That's a damn good way of looking at it and I'm happy you know the difference between being content and that state of mediocrity I spoke of... Keep hammering bro..

IRN-NML
07-10-10, 3:36 pm

IN IRON,
BB-

I would change that quote to "In chasing perfection, many others WILL pass you but eventually flame out at a level of mediocrity."

In other words, perfection takes some time, humility, focus, discipline, barriers to overcome, etc. but you can get there; along with a few others you never noticed at the beginning.

Perfection can come in moments; say you work hard and place first or even first and overall winner in a comp. You've reached an anoited level of perfection; bestowed by others, but you can take pride in it, til it's time to get ready for the next comp.

At 23, one aspect of your perfection quest, relating to lifting/bodybuilding, is to try to make it a necessary part of your existence for as long as possible. Easy to say "I'm gonna lift forever." More mind blowing; and a perfection quest, is to consider the possibility of still lifting at 53 or 63; more years than you have so far lived; no matter what life throws at you. Go for it; at the pace and level that YOU believe will get you there!