PDA

View Full Version : Peripheral Heart Action

m.u.l.e.
07-11-10, 8:22 pm
I found this little nugget of wisdom tucked away in a book called 'Expressing the Human Body' about the lifestyle and training regimens used by the late great Bruce Lee. It's the predecessor to the Circuit style training still popular today but it's much harder to accomplish for beginners so it was modified to the common circuit. In PHA there is NO rest period between exercises and sets at all! The way that I use this is in concordance with the Freaksville 5. I start with standing military presses and then into squats, flat bench, barbell bent row and finish with mt personal favorite deadlifts. I generally do 3 'sets' of this and use 5 olympic bars to do it. The 1st set I use 12 reps, 5 reps and then 3 or 1 depending on how heavy I want to go. I've even used this with calisthenics and isolation execises and I'm here to tell you it will blast you down. The first time I did it I threw up so use common sense, unlike me, and lift intelligently the 1st time around. Better to go too light than heavy and end up out for a week cause you're wasted from doing too much. Feel free to ask questions of me about this or give me some info about how you'd use PHA.