PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Dallas Europa ABC

dannynb
07-13-10, 2:42 pm
Unlike normal ABC's involving throwing some iron around and grabbing some food with your brethren, we're gonna do something big even by Texas standards come April 15th. At the original Metroflex we're gonna have a bench/squat/deadlift contest. Doesn't matter how big or not so big you are or how much you can throw around, a lot of different factors will come into play. But there will be prizes to win, friends to make and some good food to eat afterwards. For those not interested in the contest, just show up and lift where many that stand on the Olympian stage trains at. Trust me, with the Europa going on that weekend you will get to rub elbows with some monsters. If you haven't had the chance to train at Metroflex, let me tell you, it's something you will remember the rest of your life. Also on the saturday before hand we'll be getting together to rep Animal at the Europa itself, watch the competition and walk the floors. I would like to flood the place with Animal Tee's. So August 15th at 10am...bring your weight belt, straps and wraps, and most importantly bring your balls and a barf bag.....you're gonna need both.

If you are gonna make it than just put your name here:

dannynb

The RZA
07-13-10, 2:44 pm

dannynb
The RZA

Universal Rep
07-13-10, 2:49 pm
This event official yet?

G Diesel
07-13-10, 2:54 pm
This event official yet?

I'm doing all I can to help Danny keep the tradition alive and do it big. We're working out the details now.

Peace, G

dannynb
07-13-10, 2:56 pm
I'm doing all I can to help Danny keep the tradition alive and do it big. We're working out the details now.

Peace, G

Thanks G, be damned if I'm gonna let this fade away.

naturalguy
07-13-10, 3:38 pm
There is a great group of guys in Texas and they train hard, we have built some nice momentum with that ABC event during the Europa weekend

C.Coronato
07-13-10, 3:40 pm
Agreed. Wish i could make it down, the ABC at Metro was one that ill never forget, especially training in 100+ degree weather and having no time to shower and get on a plane. Im sure everyone on that plane loved all of us haha.

Kuclo
07-13-10, 4:10 pm
Sucks I am going to be in Flordia that weekend guest posing. Greg and I from metroflex are having the year end ABC bash in November...will post details as we get closer.

Universal Rep
07-13-10, 4:11 pm
Sucks I am going to be in Flordia that weekend guest posing. Greg and I from metroflex are having the year end ABC bash in November...will post details as we get closer.

Year end bash??? Dayum, that sounds sweet. Lemme me know if ya need me to talk to Corporate, K...

Dingo
07-13-10, 5:59 pm

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo

dannynb
07-13-10, 6:42 pm

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo

C'mon folks...let's get this rolling...

C.Coronato
07-14-10, 9:51 am
I wouldnt suggest anyone missing a Metroflex event. Its the epitome of hardcore.

Abelli
07-14-10, 11:26 am

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo

Abelli.

dannynb
07-14-10, 7:34 pm

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli

Come on folks....I know we have more than this in Texas....

soonerbigd
07-15-10, 11:04 am
I won't be winning any awards, but I'll be there

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD

dannynb
07-15-10, 1:08 pm
I won't be winning any awards, but I'll be there
Hey, ya never know what might just happen. It's not about being big or lifting large numbers...

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD

dannynb
07-16-10, 2:53 pm
Oh c'mon guys!!! This is nuts, we always have a good number turn out for this, speak up!

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD

Big Daddy Poseidon
07-18-10, 2:29 am
Already requested off of work for the weekend!

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD
BDP

dannynb
07-18-10, 12:08 pm
BUMP!!!!

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD
BDP

Bootleg
07-19-10, 4:15 pm
Already requested off of work for the weekend!

dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD
BDP
BOOTLEG

C.Coronato
07-20-10, 10:12 am
Shaping up nice! And OK boys coming down?

dannynb
07-20-10, 10:40 am
Shaping up nice! And OK boys coming down?

I hope so...only time of the year we allow them to cross that border.

Dingo
07-21-10, 1:44 pm
I am hoping they make a showing this year, they have been consistent for the last two major abc's last years europa as well as the metroflex plano 1yr anniversary abc.

Anyone else comin???

Stovall
07-22-10, 12:53 pm
I'm sitting with complications at work. I'm on call all that weekend, we are having a 7-10 day shutdown, and I may be on nights. Not a good combination but I'm trying to hustle my way out of work. I'll let ya'll know as soon as I can.

Dingo
07-22-10, 2:00 pm
just some FYI we are planning to have a few contests in the spirit of G's idea of the Animal Iron Athletes, but instead of benching, deadlifting and squatting a set weight we are looking for the strongest 10 reps in each of the big 3.
This means we will be using the weight which you rep divided by your bodyweight. The person who reps the highest percentage of their bodyweight for 10 good clean reps will win and hopefully we will have some sort of goodies to award.
eg:
bodyweight 225, benching 225 for 10 reps = 1 (225/225)
bodyweight 200, benching 225 for 10 reps = 1.125 (225/200) - winner.

dannynb
07-22-10, 2:26 pm
just some FYI we are planning to have a few contests in the spirit of G's idea of the Animal Iron Athletes, but instead of benching, deadlifting and squatting a set weight we are looking for the strongest 10 reps in each of the big 3.
This means we will be using the weight which you rep divided by your bodyweight. The person who reps the highest percentage of their bodyweight for 10 good clean reps will win and hopefully we will have some sort of goodies to award.
eg:
bodyweight 225, benching 225 for 10 reps = 1 (225/225)
bodyweight 200, benching 225 for 10 reps = 1.125 (225/200) - winner.

Looking forward to this....Dingo, I'll bring my calculator... LOL

Reacher34
07-22-10, 6:26 pm
dannynb
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD
BDP
BOOTLEG
Reacher34

dannynb
07-23-10, 12:06 am
dannynb+3-4 extra
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD
BDP
BOOTLEG
Reacher34

dannynb
07-28-10, 3:10 pm
dannynb+3-4 extra
The RZA
Dingo
Abelli
SoonerBigD
BDP
BOOTLEG
Reacher34

Dingo
07-28-10, 3:26 pm
3-4 extra? is it 3 or is it 4? or do you mean 3 and a midget? (not that i have a problem with the vertically challenged, im only 5'9'')

dannynb
07-29-10, 1:53 pm
3-4 extra? is it 3 or is it 4? or do you mean 3 and a midget? (not that i have a problem with the vertically challenged, im only 5'9'')

Listen here smart arse....LOL one is on the fence about coming so it will be either 3 or 4, depending on what they decide.

I'm telling Michelle you/re making fun of midgets...

G Diesel
07-29-10, 2:03 pm
That crew is getting thicker by the day. Would love to see you guys have a big event Europa weekend and keep the tradition alive.

Peace, G

Bootleg
07-29-10, 3:56 pm
That crew is getting thicker by the day. Would love to see you guys have a big event Europa weekend and keep the tradition alive.

Peace, G

thanks g. you know how we do in lone star.

dannynb
07-29-10, 11:31 pm

Peace, G

G, you know we won't let you down. Not gonna be the same not throwing the weight around with you this year. But we're gonna do it big Texas style all the same.

dannynb
08-02-10, 12:06 pm
It's still a go....gonna leave it up to you guys. Want to hit up Metroflex or Metroflex Plano....choice is yours. Also I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to finally get my hernia fixed so I'll be out of it for a few days. Any questions hit up Dingo, he knows how to get ahold of me.

Dingo
08-02-10, 6:51 pm
It's still a go....gonna leave it up to you guys. Want to hit up Metroflex or Metroflex Plano....choice is yours. Also I'm going in for surgery tomorrow to finally get my hernia fixed so I'll be out of it for a few days. Any questions hit up Dingo, he knows how to get ahold of me.

as i responded in the CT thread:
my votes for MF Plano, Greg and Steve have made it very clear that our ABC group as well as any other visiting Animal are always more than welcome there.

C.Coronato
08-03-10, 9:39 am
Metroflex was CRAZY! Im sure Plano is just as awesome.

G Diesel
08-03-10, 9:44 am
as i responded in the CT thread:
my votes for MF Plano, Greg and Steve have made it very clear that our ABC group as well as any other visiting Animal are always more than welcome there.

Metroflex was CRAZY! Im sure Plano is just as awesome.

Plano should be great, I know Greg works hard to maintain a hardcore training establishment and is very supportive of the ABC movement.

Peace, G

dannynb
08-03-10, 10:50 am
Plano should be great, I know Greg works hard to maintain a hardcore training establishment and is very supportive of the ABC movement.

Peace, G

Oh yeah, G...you guys haven't made it out there yet. It is the definition of hardcore, still like Metroflex, training in 100+ heat is not for the weak.

Dingo
08-04-10, 9:29 am
Oh yeah, G...you guys haven't made it out there yet. It is the definition of hardcore, still like Metroflex, training in 100+ heat is not for the weak.

yup, another plus is that Plano is a little more spacious, and since the sunday after europa we are wanting to fit a group into the gym plus try to pull off a couple lifting contests the extra space couldnt hurt. We know how arlington fills up with pros and photogs which we dont want to get in the way of.

dannynb
08-04-10, 12:00 pm
yup, another plus is that Plano is a little more spacious, and since the sunday after europa we are wanting to fit a group into the gym plus try to pull off a couple lifting contests the extra space couldnt hurt. We know how arlington fills up with pros and photogs which we dont want to get in the way of.

Exactly....

Bootleg
08-04-10, 12:13 pm

lmao!

bro cant wait to see yah man. its been since what april?
im down for plano. i dig it. it'll be my third abc with you all.
always have a good time. also look forward to the year end bash.

Dingo
08-04-10, 2:28 pm
lmao!

bro cant wait to see yah man. its been since what april?
im down for plano. i dig it. it'll be my third abc with you all.
always have a good time. also look forward to the year end bash.

yeah, it was back in april. yeah i cant wait to see what greg and steve have in the hopper to celebrate MFPlano year 2.

soonerbigd
08-04-10, 10:07 pm
So looks like I'm going to have to move from the attending to maybe attending category. It'll be a whirlwind weekend for me and my girl. She's competing in the amateur figure portion of the Europa which finishes up saturday morning, then we're driving back up to north OKC to see the finals for a natural bb show that I have a few good friends competing in. If I can make it though, I will for sure.

Dingo
08-04-10, 11:25 pm
So looks like I'm going to have to move from the attending to maybe attending category. It'll be a whirlwind weekend for me and my girl. She's competing in the amateur figure portion of the Europa which finishes up saturday morning, then we're driving back up to north OKC to see the finals for a natural bb show that I have a few good friends competing in. If I can make it though, I will for sure.

bein from OK, im sure your making this trip in a toyota prius? lol
im guessin your dually is gonna rack up one helluve gas bill. Be safe on the roads.

dannynb
08-06-10, 12:33 pm
Any other takers on this??? C'mon folks this is gonna be a hell of time. I get my surgery on monday so I should be able to lift a little, just nothing heavy. Besides just working out guys we're gonna have a bench, deadlift and squat contest to make it interesting.

Dingo
08-08-10, 9:20 pm
Any other takers on this??? C'mon folks this is gonna be a hell of time. I get my surgery on monday so I should be able to lift a little, just nothing heavy. Besides just working out guys we're gonna have a bench, deadlift and squat contest to make it interesting.

soo danny, is it just you and me then? I'll take the win for the bench, you can have the squats, and we can tie on the deads?

Bootleg
08-09-10, 2:35 pm
you both can take the wins. I lost some size since been on cut...strenght has suffered a bit. Its all good though.

Dingo
08-09-10, 10:15 pm
you both can take the wins. I lost some size since been on cut...strenght has suffered a bit. Its all good though.

well if you can still dead like you you did in december, i think you'll win that one.

seriously though, how many are still plannin on showin up and sweatin like 2 rats in a wool sock?

G Diesel
08-10-10, 10:35 am

I've only seen the vids of Kuclo going crazy in there, but it looks like an awesome spot and seems really well equipped.

Personally I like the extreme heat. Makes you sweat, the joints feel good, it reminds you that you're alive.

Very much looking forward to seeing the pics and proud of you guys for making this happen.

Peace, G

dannynb
08-10-10, 8:56 pm
I've only seen the vids of Kuclo going crazy in there, but it looks like an awesome spot and seems really well equipped.

Personally I like the extreme heat. Makes you sweat, the joints feel good, it reminds you that you're alive.

Very much looking forward to seeing the pics and proud of you guys for making this happen.

Peace, G

Well since I'm out of commission and not lifting I'll be sure to take plenty of pics. Look forward to lifting with you again one day.

Dingo...looks like we should have at least 10-12 people showing up.

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 10:53 am
10-12 is not bad at all. It was a great time down there, glad I got the chance to make it at least once, hopefully more ..

dannynb
08-11-10, 11:25 am
10-12 is not bad at all. It was a great time down there, glad I got the chance to make it at least once, hopefully more ..

Ditto bro!

Dingo
08-11-10, 3:17 pm
cool, 10-12.
Anyone wanna jump on out here and put their name down for one of the "big three" (bench, squat, deadlift) lifting contests? Remember its not about repping a set poundage for the maximal amount of reps. We are going to be looking for the strongest 10 reps anyone can give us. If you are 100lbs and can rep 200lbs for 10 reps you will be way ahead of the 215lb guy who reps 315lbs for 10 reps.

200lbs/100lbs=2.0
315lbs/215lbs=1.47

The 100lb guy wins because he repped 2 times his bodyweight for ten reps.

Bootleg
08-11-10, 3:17 pm

yeah bro hope to meet u and the rest of the reps in the future.,

Bootleg
08-11-10, 3:18 pm
cool, 10-12.
Anyone wanna jump on out here and put their name down for one of the "big three" (bench, squat, deadlift) lifting contests? Remember its not about repping a set poundage for the maximal amount of reps. We are going to be looking for the strongest 10 reps anyone can give us. If you are 100lbs and can rep 200lbs for 10 reps you will be way ahead of the 215lb guy who reps 315lbs for 10 reps.

200lbs/100lbs=2.0
315lbs/215lbs=1.47

The 100lb guy wins because he repped 2 times his bodyweight for ten reps.

i might need to carb up...that day lol

G Diesel
08-11-10, 3:18 pm
Well since I'm out of commission and not lifting I'll be sure to take plenty of pics. Look forward to lifting with you again one day.

Dingo...looks like we should have at least 10-12 people showing up.

That is a solid crew, about as many as we had the for the first Europa ABC.

No doubt bro, we'll definitely hit it up together again.

Peace, G

Stovall
08-12-10, 1:17 am
Well we are behind in our shutdown so it's looking bleak for me right now. If we do finish the shutdown by friday night I'm going to see if I can trade another Planners week on call with this weekend. If he takes my weekend then I can make it! I haven't been to the gym this week, 14-16hr days are killing me right now.

Dingo
08-12-10, 8:58 am
Well we are behind in our shutdown so it's looking bleak for me right now. If we do finish the shutdown by friday night I'm going to see if I can trade another Planners week on call with this weekend. If he takes my weekend then I can make it! I haven't been to the gym this week, 14-16hr days are killing me right now.

Priorities, take care of what you need to. Then if there is time come on out and hang out.

Dingo
08-13-10, 8:25 am
a little over 48 hours until 10am Sunday......
hope to see plenty of you guys over at metroflex plano.

G Diesel
08-13-10, 10:16 am
a little over 48 hours until 10am Sunday......
hope to see plenty of you guys over at metroflex plano.

Damn man I'm jealous that I won't be able to hoist the iron with you fellas. I grew fond of our tradition and will work hard to bring it back next summer.

I'm glad that you guys are keeping it alive. Know that I will be there with you in spirit.

Peace, G

dannynb
08-13-10, 10:30 am
Damn man I'm jealous that I won't be able to hoist the iron with you fellas. I grew fond of our tradition and will work hard to bring it back next summer.

I'm glad that you guys are keeping it alive. Know that I will be there with you in spirit.

Peace, G

We'll miss having you there this year....but next year it's on. Even though I won't be lifting I can't wait to be there.

Stovall
08-13-10, 8:33 pm
Well I'm out of the expo for sure. We had another compressor crash today so I know I'll be working tomorrow night also. Depending on what time I get out of here Saturday night I can try to make it to Metro Sunday.

dannynb
08-13-10, 11:46 pm
Well I'm out of the expo for sure. We had another compressor crash today so I know I'll be working tomorrow night also. Depending on what time I get out of here Saturday night I can try to make it to Metro Sunday.

Do what ya can. For those that can make it Saturday....PM me and I'll give ya my cell number so you can call me when you get there. I'd like to meet up and campus the area in our Animal shirts.

Big Daddy Poseidon
08-14-10, 3:29 pm
im still coming for the ABC tomorrow, plus im bringing a friend. Im dissapointed that i cant make the expo today, but im pumped to train with you guys again!

G Diesel
08-14-10, 7:13 pm
im still coming for the ABC tomorrow, plus im bringing a friend. Im dissapointed that i cant make the expo today, but im pumped to train with you guys again!

Good to see more and more fellas coming out to represent the ABC movement at MetroFlex in TX.

Peace, G

Stovall
08-15-10, 8:27 pm
I didn't get to make either event. More stuff went wrong and work and I am sitting at my desk at the moment lining up parts for another rebuild. Been discussing with a few friends about going to the Arnold this year. Hopefully that will work out for me this time. Hope ya'll had a great time guys.

dannynb
08-15-10, 9:23 pm
Awesome time at the Europa....had about 20 or so people ask me where the Universal/Animal booth was at. We had a good showing at Metroflex Plano (BG SHOUT OUT TO Greg for allowing us the free run of the place). Also want to thank Corporate for the goodies we got for everyone on attendance. We'll post pics soon as I get them all loaded. Already looking forward to next year. We had the normal family gather minus a few with a new member, Alex, BigDaddyP's friend, and let me tell ya, she might be petite she knows the meaning of Animal.

Thanks to everyone who made it today....good contest, good workout, good food....can't beat it.

Dingo
08-16-10, 9:27 am
Awesome time at the Europa....had about 20 or so people ask me where the Universal/Animal booth was at. We had a good showing at Metroflex Plano (BG SHOUT OUT TO Greg for allowing us the free run of the place). Also want to thank Corporate for the goodies we got for everyone on attendance. We'll post pics soon as I get them all loaded. Already looking forward to next year. We had the normal family gather minus a few with a new member, Alex, BigDaddyP's friend, and let me tell ya, she might be petite she knows the meaning of Animal.

Thanks to everyone who made it today....good contest, good workout, good food....can't beat it.

I'll post up the stats later on today, probably when my son is taking a nap.
Had a blast with everyone, and even though we were minus few and the Animal crew the environment of Metroflex (100+ degrees by 10am) combined with the camaraderie of the CTABC crew has me fired up and eagerly awaiting our next get together.
Maybe next time Dan you and I can go toe to toe for reps? haha although i think michi won with that impressive 225lb single @ 140lbs.

naturalguy
08-16-10, 9:36 am

Looking forward to the pics. I wish I could have been there for this.

Bootleg
08-16-10, 9:44 am

I'll post up the stats later on today, probably when my son is taking a nap.
Had a blast with everyone, and even though we were minus few and the Animal crew the environment of Metroflex (100+ degrees by 10am) combined with the camaraderie of the CTABC crew has me fired up and eagerly awaiting our next get together.
Maybe next time Dan you and I can go toe to toe for reps? haha although i think michi won with that impressive 225lb single @ 140lbs.

glad you guys made it home safe.

good people and good times, its like second family.
wanted to give thanks to metroflex for giving us a place to train. Thanks to danny for good advice. thanks to dingo makin me wanna throw up. Just a cool experience everytime i go to the abc. Thanks to everyone who showed up period. the weather was no joke in that gym. lol @ michelle liftin 225lbs. yes we have proof! and to our newest addition ms alex. welcome!

Kuclo
08-16-10, 11:27 am
glad you guys made it home safe.

good people and good times, its like second family.
wanted to give thanks to metroflex for giving us a place to train. Thanks to danny for good advice. thanks to dingo makin me wanna throw up. Just a cool experience everytime i go to the abc. Thanks to everyone who showed up period. the weather was no joke in that gym. lol @ michelle liftin 225lbs. yes we have proof! and to our newest addition ms alex. welcome!

Glad you guys made it out and had a good time! sucks I was out of town but the big year end event ABC, Greg and I are hosting second weekend in November is going to the one to be at!

dannynb
08-16-10, 11:35 am
Glad you guys made it out and had a good time! sucks I was out of town but the big year end event ABC, Greg and I are hosting second weekend in November is going to the one to be at!

Already got it marked on my calendar.

Bootleg
08-16-10, 2:31 pm
Already got it marked on my calendar.

x2...

G Diesel
08-17-10, 1:14 pm

No surprise it was a smashing success my brother. Also looking forward to the pics.

Peace, G

Dingo
08-17-10, 1:37 pm
No surprise it was a smashing success my brother. Also looking forward to the pics.

Peace, G

yeah umm danny you and bootleg had the only 2 cameras there.... whats the deal?

dannynb
08-17-10, 2:09 pm
yeah umm danny you and bootleg had the only 2 cameras there.... whats the deal?

I don't know how to do the whole download thing and crap....waiting for Michelle to do it. LOL Bootleg is sending us the pics he took and Michelle is gonna clean them up and than I'll post a link.

Dingo
08-17-10, 2:29 pm
Everyone gave it their all in whatever events they chose and completed 10 solid reps unless noted. Just because 10 reps were not completed at that given weight does not undermine the fact that maximal effort was put forth. It was a fun and inspiring time for me atleast. I had a blast decimating arms with Bootleg after we went toe to toe in all 3 AIA events. Big shout out to DannyNB who watched over all of us offering tidbits of advice and words of encouragement just like Major Payne and his crew of maggots.

Bootleg competing at a bodyweight of 180lbs
Benchpress - 225 (1.25% of bodyweight)
Squat - 315 (1.75% of bodyweight)
Deadlift - 405 (2.25% of bodyweight for 6 reps)
1.75% of bodyweight per event

Dingo competing at a bodyweight of 212lbs
Benchpress - 275 (1.297% of bodyweight)
Squat - 245 (1.156% of bodyweight)
Deadlift - 315 (1.49% of bodyweight)
1.31% of bodyweight per event

TheRZA competing at a bodyweight of 224lbs
Deadlift - 315 (1.41% of bodyweight for 7 reps)
Sorry big guy I lost sight of where you were and what you were doing after your tremendous effort in the deadlift.

BigDaddyPoseidon competing at a bodyweight of 194lbs
Benchpress - 225 (1.16% of bodyweight)
Continued on in the afternoon to voluntarily be put through hell as Danny guided him through a crushing shoulder routine. As well as pulled off an amazing max effort lift in the benchpress of 275lbs!!!

AC1061 competing at a bodyweight of 202lbs
Benchpress - 255 (1.26% of bodyweight)[/td]
This big guy continued his afternoon by dancing around Metroflex Plano occasionaly being seen hoisting a couple dainty 80+lb dumbells putting his own shoulders through their paces.

The Womens Division:
Michi (Dannynb's prettier side) competing ata bodyweight of 141lbs
Benchpress - 95 (.67% of bodyweight)
Deadlift - 135 (.96% of bodyweight)
Pulled off an astounding 225lb max effort benchpress* then proceeded to take Alex by the hand as they skipped merrily off into the cardio room, out of the sweltering heat of the weightroom and into the cool air conditioned room known lovingly as "The Hole".

Alex (BigDaddyP's friend) competing at a bodyweight of 130lbs
Benchpress - 85 (.65% of bodyweight)
Emerged 45-60 minutes later from "The Hole" drenched in sweat alongside Michi.... apparently the ac in hole isnt very cold.

dannynb
08-17-10, 2:44 pm
Thanks for the write up Dingo. It was an awesome time for all who were there. It killed me not to lift but I enjoyed watching you guys battle it out, although I couldn't keep from giving advice on form and technique (what can I say, I don't want my brethren getting hurt). As for me punishing BigDaddyPoseiden...well he asked for it. Amazes me, this kid is strong and has more drive than I have seen in a long time...and he's young with a long haul in front of him. I expect big things from him. Everyone gave their best, and that is all you can ask of someone. I look forward top having this contest again soon, once I heal up....gotta show ya'll what big daddy can do. LOL I hope to see you guys soon and if not, November for Greg and Steve's big bash and than again next year...same place, same time.

Metroflexplano
08-18-10, 12:15 am
Glad to hear you guys had a good time!!

Always love having the Animal Crew at Metroflex in Plano!

Like Steve mentioned we are planning our year end event already. I think November the 13th is the date we have penciled in.. We have some great ideas on making this event bigger and better than before.

Anything in particular you guys would want to see? Or would help you in your own personal journeys?

Our seminar last time was top notch, so look forward to another great cast of characters to answer questions.

Let's keep in touch and make this event one to remember!

Greg

dannynb
08-18-10, 9:03 am
Glad to hear you guys had a good time!!

Always love having the Animal Crew at Metroflex in Plano!

Like Steve mentioned we are planning our year end event already. I think November the 13th is the date we have penciled in.. We have some great ideas on making this event bigger and better than before.

Anything in particular you guys would want to see? Or would help you in your own personal journeys?

Our seminar last time was top notch, so look forward to another great cast of characters to answer questions.

Let's keep in touch and make this event one to remember!

Greg

Can't wait.....

G Diesel
08-18-10, 9:26 am
Everyone gave it their all in whatever events they chose and completed 10 solid reps unless noted. Just because 10 reps were not completed at that given weight does not undermine the fact that maximal effort was put forth. It was a fun and inspiring time for me atleast. I had a blast decimating arms with Bootleg after we went toe to toe in all 3 AIA events. Big shout out to DannyNB who watched over all of us offering tidbits of advice and words of encouragement just like Major Payne and his crew of maggots.

Sorry big guy I lost sight of where you were and what you were doing after your tremendous effort in the deadlift.

Continued on in the afternoon to voluntarily be put through hell as Danny guided him through a crushing shoulder routine. As well as pulled off an amazing max effort lift in the benchpress of 275lbs!!!

This big guy continued his afternoon by dancing around Metroflex Plano occasionaly being seen hoisting a couple dainty 80+lb dumbells putting his own shoulders through their paces.

The Womens Division:
Pulled off an astounding 225lb max effort benchpress* then proceeded to take Alex by the hand as they skipped merrily off into the cardio room, out of the sweltering heat of the weightroom and into the cool air conditioned room known lovingly as "The Hole".

Emerged 45-60 minutes later from "The Hole" drenched in sweat alongside Michi.... apparently the ac in hole isnt very cold.

Good to see you fellas representing with the Animal Iron Athlete competitions. Some impressive stuff there from the boys and the ladies.

Peace, G

Bootleg
08-19-10, 12:29 pm

The Womens Division:

nice write up Dingo!

crew is getting strong!

Bootleg
08-19-10, 12:29 pm
Good to see you fellas representing with the Animal Iron Athlete competitions. Some impressive stuff there from the boys and the ladies.

Peace, G

thanks bruh,

I give the ladies kudos as well!

Dingo
08-19-10, 1:16 pm
Thanks G for the original idea and inspiration.