PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Gyms?

The RZA
07-16-10, 2:53 pm
A friend of mine is moving to Minnesota and looking for a good gym. Any suggestions?

Universal Rep
07-16-10, 3:55 pm
A friend of mine is moving to Minnesota and looking for a good gym. Any suggestions?

There are two Minnesota ABC chapters... Maybe someone from those can chime in.

The RZA
07-16-10, 5:23 pm
Good call. I will check them out.

J Wolf
04-15-11, 11:56 am
I'm looking for a new gym in the St.Cloud area, pretty sick of the horse shit gym I'm in now. Training out of my high school and the dumb bells go up to only 60 WHAT THE FUCK.
Any suggestions of a good gym would be pretty sick.

Thanks brothers

BeastInNature
04-17-11, 7:17 pm
I live in the Northern Suburbs of the TC area. It may seem like a strange choice but I highly recommend the Anytime Fitness Gyms, but take that loosely. I can speak for the Coon Rapids, Ham Lake, Ramsey, and Maple Grove Anytime gyms. They have everything you need for a great workout, without a ton of "fluff" and the added benefit of very low weight area usage. All that I have been to have a power rack, smith machine, dual adjustable cable stations, fixed dumbbells up to 120lbs, dip station/roman chair, chin/pull up bars and a variety of machines(which I don't pay attention to so I can't speak for them). Ramsey, Maple Grove, and Ham Lake have plate loaded leg presses as well. I typically use many supersets and waiting for equipment really messes with my routine, this is never an issue at Anytime Fitness.
One thing to remember is that all Anytime Fitness's are all franchised. Not all of them will have the same selection or quality of equipment. I've heard the Minneapolis area Anytime's are pretty nice but I've never seen them. Don't get me wrong, these gyms are by no means hardcore. The music is terrible, so remember the headphones and people might look at you funny for using chalk. I'm not a grunter, nor do I typically drop weights but both are somewhat frowned upon there. Hope this helps Brother.

*The TC area ABC Chapter is meeting the 23rd of April. Its looking like it will be at The Gym in Plymouth. Time is still TBA. Check the chapter thread for more info*