PDA

View Full Version : Just a clarification on the HRT diet

Zeus92
07-16-10, 3:42 pm
So i read the write-up (very informative) and i was just wondering if i have the general guide lines down. I'm extremely excited since i'll be able to start HRT now that you put up a beginner/solo version since i've only been serious lifting for less than a year and rarely have a partner. Anyway here it goes...

I'm 18 years old weigh about 151 with a little over 4% body fat so i have about 147 lbs. of lbm
now for the sake of measurements i just bumped that up to 150 (mistake?)

well either way this is what i came up with per meal

protein- 37.5-50 grams per meal (probably gonna shoot for around 45)
carbs- 50 grams per meal (gonna stay closer to 40 since I'm just coming off a diet and i don't know how my body will react to all the added carbs at once since I've basically been carb free for a couple months)

spread over six meals- which i've been doing for months now anyway

so would this be a suitable day

meal 1) 2 whole omega-3 eggs, 4 egg whites, 2/3 cup of rolled oats (measured before cooking)
Meal 2) three scoops of Universal Torrent (covers the carbs but not the protein, should i also down 25 grams of whey isolate to make up for it?)
Meal 3) Chicken Breast (gotta measure out how much will satisfy protein needs) whole wheat brown rice ( again gotta find the measurements for me), green veggies
Meal 4) Chicken or White Fish, Brown Rice, Veggies
Meal 5) same as meals 3 and 4 haha
Meal 6) 48 grams of Casein Protein w/ one tablespoon of natty peanut butter

i know there are no carbs i meal 6 but like i said i don't wanna go crazy with the carbs since i don't wanna just put on fat, lookin for quality gains. also once next month rolls around i'll probably stock up on some real gains and substitute meal 4 for that to get some extra cals in me.

Also, do the amount of veggies (broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, artichoke, string beans, asparagus, garden salad) matter? the only reason I'm really eating them is cause i love'em so much haha. plus they help fill me up so i don't eat junk.

Also i know i didn't write it above but i might also sub in sweet potatoes for the brown rice on occasion. and once again i'll measure it out for me.

Sorry about how damn long this wound up being. probably should have just pm'd you, but hey maybe this could help someone else out too. Thanks in advance

Rage
07-19-10, 12:43 pm
So i read the write-up (very informative) and i was just wondering if i have the general guide lines down. I'm extremely excited since i'll be able to start HRT now that you put up a beginner/solo version since i've only been serious lifting for less than a year and rarely have a partner. Anyway here it goes...

I'm 18 years old weigh about 151 with a little over 4% body fat so i have about 147 lbs. of lbm
now for the sake of measurements i just bumped that up to 150 (mistake?)

well either way this is what i came up with per meal

protein- 37.5-50 grams per meal (probably gonna shoot for around 45)
carbs- 50 grams per meal (gonna stay closer to 40 since I'm just coming off a diet and i don't know how my body will react to all the added carbs at once since I've basically been carb free for a couple months)

spread over six meals- which i've been doing for months now anyway

so would this be a suitable day

meal 1) 2 whole omega-3 eggs, 4 egg whites, 2/3 cup of rolled oats (measured before cooking)
Meal 2) three scoops of Universal Torrent (covers the carbs but not the protein, should i also down 25 grams of whey isolate to make up for it?)
Meal 3) Chicken Breast (gotta measure out how much will satisfy protein needs) whole wheat brown rice ( again gotta find the measurements for me), green veggies
Meal 4) Chicken or White Fish, Brown Rice, Veggies
Meal 5) same as meals 3 and 4 haha
Meal 6) 48 grams of Casein Protein w/ one tablespoon of natty peanut butter

i know there are no carbs i meal 6 but like i said i don't wanna go crazy with the carbs since i don't wanna just put on fat, lookin for quality gains. also once next month rolls around i'll probably stock up on some real gains and substitute meal 4 for that to get some extra cals in me.

Also, do the amount of veggies (broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, artichoke, string beans, asparagus, garden salad) matter? the only reason I'm really eating them is cause i love'em so much haha. plus they help fill me up so i don't eat junk.

Also i know i didn't write it above but i might also sub in sweet potatoes for the brown rice on occasion. and once again i'll measure it out for me.

Sorry about how damn long this wound up being. probably should have just pm'd you, but hey maybe this could help someone else out too. Thanks in advance

If you run about 45 grams of protein per meal then you'll be at about 270 which is a great start. 18 years old at 4% is very lean...a bit too lean actually. You could easily go up to 7% and you will have a greater chance of putting on more good quality lean mass. THe body needs some fat to pull it off and 7% is still very lean. Be generous with your carbs and fats but make them good carbs and fats such as the pb, omegas and low to mid range carbs like brown rice and yams. When you hit 7%, start adjusting to maintain 7%. You can back fill with as much green veggies as you want. Keep us posted.

Zeus92
07-19-10, 4:09 pm
Thanks for the input Rage,

I'm just curious...does the timing of the carbs matter? i know they're vital pre, intra, and post workout. But what about before bed? I'm on the fence whether to put oats in my casein shake before bed (meal 6) cause i know im not getting the recommended amount (2 grams per lbs. of lean body weight) in prior to that meal...but im worried that having them right before bed would just lead to unwanted fat gains. Should i just try to get in all my carbs before that meal? or does it not matter all that much if i have them before bed?

Zeus92
07-19-10, 8:23 pm
Oh btw i measured myself using bf calipers so i doubt im that low. also i was curious lets just round it and say im 150 lbs. of lean mass. about how many carbs should i be having per meal. im pretty sure your diet would tell me 50 (150x2=300, 300/6=50) but i've been sticking closer to about 40 and under per meal. is this about right? Also, at what rate should i expect to see gains. i dont wanna blow up like a balloon and just tell myself its a good thing when im really just packing on fat.

Zeus92
07-20-10, 5:26 pm
Turns out i am that low, got a pro to do it today and i measured at 4.7% bf, but i also weighted 156.4 this morning so the diets definitely working! 4 pounds of lean mass in less than a week! thanks for everything Rage

Rage
07-21-10, 8:05 pm
Turns out i am that low, got a pro to do it today and i measured at 4.7% bf, but i also weighted 156.4 this morning so the diets definitely working! 4 pounds of lean mass in less than a week! thanks for everything Rage

No worries brother. I want you to bunmp up to at least 7% in order to maximize your gains. Not that 4 lbs is anything to be upset about...geez...nice job.

Zeus92
07-21-10, 8:10 pm
Thanks Rage, I honestly couldn't have done it without your guidance and knowledge. Although i probably won't check my bf again until a month from now to see where im at. But im sure with your diet I'll definitely keep the gains coming!