PDA

View Full Version : need some advice!

PECK88
07-16-10, 4:20 pm
whatsup everyone, i am currently at 200lbs and i am 5'10 ive been lifting for a solid year and half and i just got done with a bulk in witch i gained about 10 t 15 pounds, now my goal is drop back down to 185 and just shed the fat off that i got during the bulkup, i have a a soid diet plan so far im looking to take in about 1500 to 2000 cals and about 200 grams of protein but im stuck on how much fat to consume and the amount of carbs. also im stuck on a good workout spit to do i just cant figure it out haha, al the adivce is appreciated. i plan on being in the gym 5 days a week with cardio about 4 days out of the week. thanks

Sprint
07-16-10, 6:42 pm
sounds like a really low calorie intake to me, even tho u are cutting. how many cals were u on during your bulk?
throw up some more details of ur bulking phase & what u were doing prior to the bulking phase as well & the results you got.

PECK88
07-16-10, 8:48 pm
well my bulk i did was kinda a dirty bulk, ate pretty much anything i wanted but still tried and keep it clean but i normally took in about 300g of protein a day and just ate and i gained those 20 pounds in about 3 months with going to the gym everyday and slight cardio

Sprint
07-17-10, 4:38 pm
any ideas with regards to total calories per day, & fats & carbs?

nutrition doesnt begin & end with protein.

Toro
07-17-10, 5:24 pm
You are literally going to starve to death with 1500-2000 kcal with your size and weight, even if you are cutting.

We cant give you much advice unless you first give us some feedback with precise data of you bulk diet and cut diet you plan to do (kcal per day, macronutrient ratios, meals per day, what those meals consisted of...)

It would also be helpful to calculte your bf%, in case you dont have any data on your bulk diet and you need to start the new one from scratch.

By the way, shouldnt this thread be in the diet section?

Sprint
07-17-10, 6:55 pm
you mentioned needing advice on training as well, but again as with the nutrition we need some details from what you been doing so far both during the recent bulk & before it.

Days, muscle groups, exercises, reps, sets, rest between sets, 1rm & if possible. Then we can start tweaking stuff or giving it a total overhaul.