PDA

View Full Version : How to CHEAT!

Big Calves
07-20-10, 4:46 pm
Yes I need to know how to cheat. On my cheat day should I eat whatever I desire or should I just have more carb intake? How do you cheat?

IronWilson
07-20-10, 5:17 pm
You might want to consider just a cheat meal instead of a deliberate cheat day. In that instance, you can eat whatever you want and it will benefit you. Now I don't mean have a steak with a bunch of rice. I'm talking pizza, burgers, cake, or whatever you crave.

I see no reason to have cheat meals for a full day. If you want to go the higher carb route though, (assuming you are cutting) a high carb day may be more appropriate. In that case, you would want to keep it a bit cleaner and adjust your macros a bit by consuming a lower amount of fat that day.

PORTERHOUSE
07-20-10, 5:24 pm
It all depends on how your body can handle it man. Some people can go nuts, other people are way more sensitive and need to be more cautious. I personally get away with murder every cheat.

A lot of dudes take 30 mins a week, and eat whatever they want in those 30 mins. Others like to keep it cleaner, but stretch it out over an entire day.

Personally, I combine the two. I use one day a week (timed the day before legs or back), and in that day I don't eat on my set diet, throwing in a little extras like a little PB, extra oats, etc... but generally clean. In addition to that, I go out and eat one disgustingly huge meal. Generally that meal is pretty bad, and almost always includes a huge ice cream from cold stone.

My favorite cheat meal: 1 chicken club toaster and 1 bbq bacon toaster & large fries from sonic + a brownie sundae from Bruesters. I have been known to eat two sundae's on occasion. I was able to get to 5% bf eating like that once a week.

Play around with it and see what works for you. Probably better to be cautious at first and see what you can get away with, instead of going too far right off the bat. Generally, the leaner you are, the more you need to cheat and the dirtier you can get.

Legacy
07-20-10, 5:55 pm
It all depends on how your body can handle it man. Some people can go nuts, other people are way more sensitive and need to be more cautious.

Nailed it.

Big Calves
07-20-10, 6:49 pm
GOD I love the animal form. I could get the answers I'm looking for in just couple of posts. Yeah I am cutting and my cheat day is on my arms day. So what I think I'm going to do sense my arms shrunk from the cut is to add an extra scoop of PB to my post workout shake and to have a little higher carb intake pre/post-workout. Would that sound good?! Also I do need to eat any cake or anything like that to through my body off track, do I?

Fearless Rabbit
07-20-10, 8:13 pm
Start with one cheat meal per week, and see how it goes. Try to get it on same day every week, so you`re clean for maximum period between them. Go early during the day, or couple hours before your workout. Leg or back day is ideal for cheating.

For me, it`s always sweet pancakes with cream and cherries, as I`m starving for sugar during all week :)

College Boy
07-20-10, 8:24 pm
I used to go crazy - and I mean freakin' crazy. Chinese food was my favorite, usually. Now, though, I've found that I am very carb sensitive during a cut and I was doing more harm than good. Therefore I switched to a cleaner cheat, like a bowl of oats with banana and almonds. Maybe every two weeks I will have a Klondike Bar. But hey, I'm not exactly genetically blessed - my body seems to want to hover in the obese to morbidly obese zone haha. Experimentation is key boss.

Big Calves
07-22-10, 3:42 pm
So compared to my body I personally think my arms are what need to grow. My calves get ALMOST a half inch pump for 3 days and then they go back down and I'll work them out and they'll have half inch pump for another 3 days. Its weird that they won't stay that size. But I have my cheat days on my arms day but should I have my cheat day before or after workout? Like take in a lot of carbs after workout.

D-Kev
07-23-10, 12:15 am
A whole cheat day? Thats ridiculous, that's just an excuse to be a lardass, haha...
...And cake? Hahahha...I mean, are you an extreme ectomorph?

Eat a solid 5-6 meal per day, bodybuilding diet and gain lean mass.
Days of insane bulking and cutting are over.

Pigskinmuscle
07-23-10, 12:29 am
A whole cheat day? Thats ridiculous, that's just an excuse to be a lardass, haha...

not true. there are people who can get away with insane cheat days... the OP needs to find what's suitable for his body and judge from there. he's never had a cheat day/meal before so he needs to experiment. i suggest going with a cheat meal first and gauge your progress from there on out. give yourself 1 hours to stuff your face ;)

B. Rowe
07-23-10, 12:52 am

Sundays for me are typically cheat days, start out with all you can eat brunch, then pizza and wings and cheesecake. Then onto chinese, pupu platter and general tso, fried dumplings and a hot fudge brownie sunday. Then before bed polish off whatever leftovers i have or just a shake. I havent been over 8% bf in 4 years.

PORTERHOUSE
07-23-10, 12:53 am
a whole cheat day? Thats ridiculous, that's just an excuse to be a lardass, haha...
...and cake? Hahahha...i mean, are you an extreme ectomorph?

baloney!

JUGGERNAUT
07-23-10, 9:56 am
a week without cake would kill me.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28193

Pizzalamp
07-23-10, 10:32 am

chill with the hatearade bro

Lowdown5
07-23-10, 10:51 am
chill with the hatearade bro

Agreed. Some can eat what they want for a whole day and actually improve while others can do maybe one meal a week within limits. I've found that as my body composition has improved my ability to eat more than one cheat meal a week has increased. Gotta live a bit unless you are in contest mode.

Lowdown5
07-23-10, 10:52 am
a week without cake would kill me.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28193

It's almost done it to me, but then a slice of cake saved me.

J-Dawg
07-23-10, 10:54 am
Sundays for me are typically cheat days, start out with all you can eat brunch, then pizza and wings and cheesecake. Then onto chinese, pupu platter and general tso, fried dumplings and a hot fudge brownie sunday. Then before bed polish off whatever leftovers i have or just a shake. I havent been over 8% bf in 4 years.

Good post B. It's all about knowing your body and seeing how you respond to cheat meals. Takes trial and error to get it down right.

Lowdown5
07-23-10, 10:57 am
Good post B. It's all about knowing your body and seeing how you respond to cheat meals. Takes trial and error to get it down right.

Amen

B. Rowe
07-23-10, 5:23 pm

Without a doubt, post competition my body is reacting to cheat meals alot harder than previously so i have been conservative and slowly adding more calories to the meal. Hopefully soon i will be back to my all out gorge!!!

Big Calves
07-23-10, 5:43 pm
The reason I had a whole cheat day is cause a year ago when I started working out I read an article on Bodybuilding.com and the author said for one day eat whatever you desire. Funny thing is that what helped Jay Cutler(MR. O) improve is to actually have more and a better cheat days(I think I read this one day when I was in Books-A-Million). What sucks about bodybuilding is that everything is fucking complicated. NOTHING is simple! There is argument and fights about every little thing.

As far as me well today I had to eat out cause our research group lunch was at a restaurant(which is only once a week) but I'm going to keep the rest of my day diet clean. I'll see how this goes affects me.

B. Rowe
07-23-10, 6:16 pm
What sucks about bodybuilding is that everything is fucking complicated. NOTHING is simple! There is argument and fights about every little thing

This is where you are a bit off my friend, its not all that complicated. Everyone reacts differently to food, training, and supplements so what works for one may not work for another. That is why there are so many arguments. You just need to find out whats best for you. Give each trial a few good weeks to see how your body reacts and if you are happy then stick with it. There are some basic foods and training styles that are tried and true. Just hit the weights hard enough so that you are sore, eat enough clean food so that you grow but arent packing on the fat and you will be on your way.

Legacy
07-23-10, 6:22 pm
What sucks about bodybuilding is that everything is fucking complicated. NOTHING is simple! There is argument and fights about every little thing.

Bodybuilding is only as complicated as you want to make it. If you wanna watch every gram of this or that that you put in, or stop at rep X or set Z, or won't eat a piece of cheesecake because it has sugar, or won't drink out of plastic bottles, then yes your right, pretty damn complicated lol (especially for guys that compete). However if you stick to the basic, eat whole dense quality means, instinctively train to what your body is saying to you, focus on the mind muscle connection, it is pretty simple in my opinion. I believe its as simple as you make it. I for one keep it as simple as possible. I bodybuild, however I don't compete, I just have other things going on that are more important for me at the time which is why I keep bodybuilding as simple as I can. I love training and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, keeping it simple is just what has always worked for me from day 1.

Fearless Rabbit
07-23-10, 7:12 pm
The reason I had a whole cheat day is cause a year ago when I started working out I read an article on Bodybuilding.com and the author said for one day eat whatever you desire. Funny thing is that what helped Jay Cutler(MR. O) improve is to actually have more and a better cheat days(I think I read this one day when I was in Books-A-Million).

Hormones my friend, hormones helped him, not cheating. When your test levels are 5X higher than average, you grow on pasta and cookies, and keep your bf in single digits.

I`m not flaming here, just suggesting that pro stories rarely work for ordinary guys. What works for Jay will probably not work for you. Keep it real, and keep it real for you.

Big Calves
07-23-10, 11:06 pm
This is where you are a bit off my friend, its not all that complicated. Everyone reacts differently to food, training, and supplements so what works for one may not work for another. That is why there are so many arguments. You just need to find out whats best for you. Give each trial a few good weeks to see how your body reacts and if you are happy then stick with it. There are some basic foods and training styles that are tried and true. Just hit the weights hard enough so that you are sore, eat enough clean food so that you grow but arent packing on the fat and you will be on your way.

Ok your right I am was off. I can't remember what animal said it but in one of his videos he said something like "Sometimes you over think things and make things complicated and forget to just lift heavy and eat big and you'll grow".

Bodybuilding is only as complicated as you want to make it. If you wanna watch every gram of this or that that you put in, or stop at rep X or set Z, or won't eat a piece of cheesecake because it has sugar, or won't drink out of plastic bottles, then yes your right, pretty damn complicated lol (especially for guys that compete). However if you stick to the basic, eat whole dense quality means, instinctively train to what your body is saying to you, focus on the mind muscle connection, it is pretty simple in my opinion. I believe its as simple as you make it. I for one keep it as simple as possible. I bodybuild, however I don't compete, I just have other things going on that are more important for me at the time which is why I keep bodybuilding as simple as I can. I love training and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, keeping it simple is just what has always worked for me from day 1.

I do measure every little thing and I've made very good gains but I'm not going to compete either but I do love the life style though :D

Hormones my friend, hormones helped him, not cheating. When your test levels are 5X higher than average, you grow on pasta and cookies, and keep your bf in single digits.

I`m not flaming here, just suggesting that pro stories rarely work for ordinary guys. What works for Jay will probably not work for you. Keep it real, and keep it real for you.

Yeah man I know your not flaming me but its nice you still said it. I don't even drink nor do I smoke(HELL i've never even tried them) but i think I'll try tests when I'm in my late 20's and I know its not cheating cause without the proper lifestyle they won't do shit. I know this cause all the people that think I'm on roids and pro-hormones are on them and I started WAY smaller and weaker than them and now am bigger and stronger all of them :D