PDA

View Full Version : Traveling and Working Out

Toro
07-21-10, 10:24 am
Hey guys,

the first two weeks of August are gonna be vacation for me and im traveling to a spot with no gym. At first i decided to take those 2 weeks off and just rest, but in second thought those would be two pretty boring weeks. Now the thing is i have limited equipment: a bench, a pull-up bar, an EZ curl bar and dumbells up to 70lb or so each.

My first problem comes when doing legs. The only exercises i think i could do with this equipment are lunges, stiff deads and DB squats. If anyone has any other ideas please post them up.

In addtion, i was looking forward to changing up my split for those 2 weeks. Im currently on a 5 day split doing one bodypart each day: arms, delts, back, chest and legs. However, because of this limited material im not confident i can fully work a body part each day. Therefore i was looking for a less "part specific" split such as push/pull/legs/rest. So far i have come with this:

Day 1 (Push):

- Incline DB press
- DB flyes
- DB pullovers
- Side laterals
- Standing DB Press
- Skullcrushers

Day 2 (Pull):

- Pull-ups
- DB rows
- Lying horizontal DB rows
- DB deads
- EZ bar curls
- Hammer curls
- Bent over rear delt rows

Day 3 (Legs):

- Lunges
- DB squat
- Stiff deads
- Calves

Day 4 (Rest)

-REPEAT-

Any new ideas or opinions on the split or workout would be greatly appreciated. I hope this thread is also useful for anyone who is also in a similar situation.

IronWilson
07-21-10, 11:02 am
For legs, using only dumbbells, you can do unilateral movements such as Bulgarian Split Squats to really change it up. Everything looks great though. Remember to enjoy your vacation as well.

Toro
07-21-10, 11:57 am
For legs, using only dumbbells, you can do unilateral movements such as Bulgarian Split Squats to really change it up. Everything looks great though. Remember to enjoy your vacation as well.

Just took a look at those bulgarian split squats and they look pretty damn good. Im deffinatelly gonna try those out, thx for the advice.

snowboardray
07-21-10, 8:47 pm
When was the last time you took some time off from the gym?