PDA

View Full Version : My Journey for 2010

MRmichael.hooker
07-23-10, 5:17 pm
I figured what the hell, i'm on the site & forum all the time anyways, might as well start my own journey, ha. Today is my day off actually, so not much to write. Days off make it extremely easy to stick to the diet. You don't have to worry about timing your meals to pre and post workout stuff, you just eat at your bodys right times and thats it. Nice and simple. I must be lucky because I enjoy cutting more than bulking. You move (or should be moving) heavy weights in both. Just cutting, you dont eat as much. Once you plan out your diet, its easy. You just adjust according to the mirror. Only time i've ever cared about the scale was when I first jumped on Cuts, just to see the difference. Otherwise, it's just a number. When I look in the mirror and see exactly what i'm looking for staring back at me.. i'll know i'm ready for the stage. Whatever weight class that happens to be, well then thats where I need to be at. Only thing going on today is a quick pump up and some posing. On days I hit cardio, its always fasted in the a.m. I'll train 95% of the time in late evening due to work. Days I don't do cardio or don't lift, my gym sessions are replaced with strict posing. Really making sure i'm doing everything I can in each pose to bring out the best in my physique. I'm 15 weeks out, obviously not ready to step on stage. But I look better than I did at 16 weeks. No reason to look in the mirror angry because I'm not ready to step on stage. That is actually one of the best and most fun parts of this life. Seeing your body change for the better. Some guy next to you might have a slim core and doing a bunch of medicine ball shit, good for him. But when you stand next to him with lats flared, shoulders broad, arms pumped, quads seperated.. his stick figure vanishes. Thats all that matters. I read the forum articles on here, and the journeys, and noone can give a perfect reason why we do what we do. Why would anyone hobble to the trashcan to puke, then hobble right back to that same damn squat rack that made him do it in the first place? Because he has 2 more sets, thats why. These "journeys" are more the diary of madmen/dare devils. However you look at it. And thats why i'm keeping my journey, because I fit into one of these categories. 16+ weeks of everything you've got for one saturday to prove that you gave it more than the guy next to you. So here we go, 15 weeks left.

MRmichael.hooker
07-24-10, 10:40 am
-Current split-
Day 1- Delts
Day 2- Arms
Day 3- posing/calves/abs
Day 4- OFF/current pics for evaluating
Day 5- Chest
Day 6- Back
Day 7- Wheels
Day 8- OFF

MRmichael.hooker
07-24-10, 2:42 pm
Sat 7/24- Chest
incline smith bench- 4 warmup sets

Incline smith Bench- 4 x triple drop (did four sets, each set consisted of a triple drop set; reps around 10-12)

Incline flys- 2 x 10-12 (both sets consisted of a drop set)

Weighted dips- 2 x 14-16

Really great pump. Rocked out the Animal tshirt, wrist wraps, beanie, and gym bag for tha House up in CT.

MRmichael.hooker
07-25-10, 1:33 pm
Sunday, Back Day

-Low Pulley Row superset with Wide Grip Pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
-Tbar superset with Straight arm pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
- Dumbbell Rows - 2 x 10 - 12
- Seated Hammer Pull downs - 2 x 10-12 x drop set per set

Really trying to hit the inner and lower back. My lats flare out pretty nicely for my size, but trying to dial in as much detail and seperation as possible. I would rather start really try seperating the back now at an earlier age, and as muscle maturity sets in, hopefully it will become more and more pronounce each show. we'll see. weights staying decent. my DBrow's were sets of 12 each with the 100's, so not bad being down 25lbs in body weight. I was already pretty pre-exhausted from the supersets before hand. I orginally picked up the 85s, and decided not to pussy out of it, so picked up the 90's, and then set them back down and grabbed the 100's. no reason to sacrifice weight just because contest prep. as long as I can do it in the rep range, hit the muscle hard, and keep real good form, its a good set

mritter3
07-25-10, 1:36 pm
looking good in here mr. hooker...welcome aboard brother

MRmichael.hooker
07-26-10, 5:30 pm
Finished up lifting week with the wheels. Real good workout, other than my knee was bothering me some. I just reduced the weight some on the front squats and it was ok. I make sure to really really warm up the legs, knees, ankles, and lower back. Still got a good pump. Thats all this week is about, the pump. Starting Wed, i'll go back to "week 1" of my rotation and it will be lower volumer, heavy pounding. I'm using Y3T training and it works great for me.

-Quads-
- 6 sets of Front Squats (including warmups) x 25
- Leg Extensions- 2 x30
-D.Bell lunges- 2 x 50
- Wide leg press- 2 x 25

-Hams-
few sets of warmups on lying and stiff legged
-3 sets of lying leg curls (15-20) supersetted with stiff legged deads (14-16)
- 1-legged standing curls- 3 x 25

-Calves-
3 warmup seated calf
Seated Calf- 2 x 85
Seated Calf- 1 x 100 (triple drop set) SUPERSET- donkey calf raise (1 x 15)

MRmichael.hooker
07-28-10, 7:48 pm
7/28/10
shoulder workout was great. I know a lot of guys don't feel a great pump when training shoulders, but I definently got a really good pump tonight. Back to week 1 of my training routine-- heavier lifts, smaller volume. Only thing was my DB press wasnt as strong as I wanted, but it's ok. Not every workout will be stronger than your previous. Next shoulder workout, i'll just keep pushing as much as I can and reap the benefits. Any day I work the upper body, (including arms) I ALWAYS warm up the shoulders a lot. I spend 5-10 mins warming up all 3 heads, and another 5-10mins warming up the rotator. I want to go as long as possible injury free, so I'll do everything to prevent it. My gym works with a local chiropractor office, so I get their service and we also have a massuse, so I get deep-tissue work as well. Prevent the injury before it happens is my goal.

-Db Press - 4 warmups , 3 working x 10-8
-Power Clean Press - 2 x 10-8
-Front barbell raise - 2 x 12-10
-Seated DB lateral raise - 2 x 10-8
- Bentover raise - 3 x 12

MRmichael.hooker
08-06-10, 5:08 pm
Haven't posted in a few days. Busy busy busy. Bud, Wednesday had a real good back night. Finished off with 505lb deadlift 3x. Feel extremely excited considering im dropping weight

C.Coronato
08-06-10, 5:24 pm
Looking great in here man. Whats your weight looking like?

MRmichael.hooker
08-09-10, 8:45 pm
Looking great in here man. Whats your weight looking like?

weight is 216

MRmichael.hooker
08-09-10, 8:56 pm
8-9-10 Back workout

-Pulllups- 5 x 10-14 (doin 10 is hitting failure for me, lol)
-Narrow grip pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
-Seated cable rows - 3 x 12-14 (instead of using a bar, I used the rope and attached my lifting straps to the end, so I really pulled back further than just stopping at my stomach)
-Straightarm pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
-Tbar - 3 x 12-14
- Wide grip pulldown - 2 x 12-14

I know usually you build up in weight, down in reps as the workouts go on. Today, I did it backwards. I would do heavier weights for my first (or 2nd sets, if i was doing 3) and on my last, I would lower the weight a little bit, and extremely squeeze each rep as hard as I could. Around 8-10 seconds per rep. My back carries width for my size, but lacks as much detail as i'd like at this stage, so really trying to change that. I'm very sore lol. After workout, drank down my BCAA Stack & Glutamine, did 17mins cardio, drank some protein, and showered for work. Wheels tomorrow

MRmichael.hooker
08-10-10, 11:07 pm
Did hams and calves tonight. Starting to break up the legs in diff workouts because the hamstrings r def. lagging. Need to give them more attention.

Lying leg curl- 3warmup / 4 x 12-14
1 legged curl- 4 x 12-14
Stiff D.L w/ dbell- 2 x 20
Standing Calf- 4 x 20 (toes straight, in, out, straight)
Leg press calf raises- 4 x 20
Calf flexes (leg spiked like in a back pose)- 15 secs per leg, 20 times

Major major pump! F__K YA!

MRmichael.hooker
08-11-10, 6:15 pm
Starting Pump tomorrow. Can't wait. We'll see how it goes, tomorrow is shoulders

MRmichael.hooker
08-15-10, 2:58 pm
15-Aug-2010 : QUADS AND CALVES BABY!

My buddy from S.C drove up for the weekend, so we smashed quads together. It was pretty damn insane, mentally. Also, 2nd day on Pump, and very very impressed.

Front Squats- 6 x 25
Leg Extensions- 2 x 30
D.B. Lunges- 2 x 50 per leg
Wide Leg Press- 2 x 25
Hack- 2 x 16

Seated Calf- 2 x 30
Leg Press Calf- 3 x 30
Standing Calf- toes in x 20 , toes out x 20, toes forward x 100. Put a 45 on each side, then filled out with 5's and did them non stop till 100. If I got to 33 and coudnt get any more, my bud would pull 1 5plate off each side. No rest in between the drop, didnt even take the bar off my back. So each drop set was only dropping 10lbs, to keep weight high. It was fantastic. After 100, my calves were so filled with blood I couldnt even flex them. We finished with 5 mins on stair climber, just to loosen up and relax the legs. It was a damn good workout. Nothing went wrong; legs felt strong, no knee/joint pains, just a good solid day

MRmichael.hooker
08-17-10, 2:08 pm
incline smith bench- 4 warmup sets

Incline smith Bench- 4 x triple drop (did four sets, each set consisted of a triple drop set; reps around 10-12)

Incline flys- 2 x 10-12 (both sets consisted of a drop set)

Weighted dips- 2 x 14-16

First Chest workout using Animal Pump. Fantastic. Since I trained in the a.m, I took the stimulant red pill too and didnt have any sort of jitters or anything. The flys are actually what really kicked my ass. The first set I used a 60lb d.b for first 12 and then a 40lb for the drop. Second set, I used a 40lb db for first and 25lb for the drop, and I really REALLY stretched it out on these 2 sets. I would breathe in as much as possible, lower the dumbbells, and just squeeze with my lungs full of air to really expand the chest. My chest was completely pumped from this and by the time I made it to the weighted dips, I only used a 25lb plate for the dips. My chest was extremely sore.

MRmichael.hooker
08-17-10, 2:13 pm
Forgot, doin cardio tonight. Taking in an extra serving of BCAA today because I'll be doing a 2 mile run for time (for army). Will only be around 15mins (it better only fucking be 15 mins, lol) but max intensity. Since i'll only be doing that 1 time a week, I think i'll be fine, esp. with the extra bcaa's. If i lose a lil muscle, i guess it will be ok. Bodybuilding is becoming my life now, but the miltary is my career, future, and retirement. Can't pay for the bodybuilding without the army, lol so i'l ljust suck it up

MRmichael.hooker
08-18-10, 7:51 pm
Low pulley row SUPERSET with wide pulldowns - 2 x 12-14

Tbar SUPERSET Standing straight arm pulldown- 2 x 12-14

Dbell single row- 2 x 10

Seated hammer pulldowns - 2 x 12 (+ drop set each set)

Hanging leg raises - 5 x 15

Rev crunch - 3 x 25

Vaccum pose - 2 x 30seconds

PHEW! Kept the weights heavy each one. Felt real good during the db row because I got 2 sets with the 110's after completely pre-exhausting with supersets. Might not be a large amount of hanging leg raises (15 reps), but quality over quantity :) Plus , try doing hanging leg raises after doing back.. your arms and shoulders dont feel like hanging on too much lol. Hams and calves tomorrow, gonna be epic!!

SpankyC
08-18-10, 8:32 pm
8-9-10 Back workout

-Pulllups- 5 x 10-14 (doin 10 is hitting failure for me, lol)
-Narrow grip pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
-Seated cable rows - 3 x 12-14 (instead of using a bar, I used the rope and attached my lifting straps to the end, so I really pulled back further than just stopping at my stomach)
-Straightarm pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
-Tbar - 3 x 12-14
- Wide grip pulldown - 2 x 12-14

I know usually you build up in weight, down in reps as the workouts go on. Today, I did it backwards. I would do heavier weights for my first (or 2nd sets, if i was doing 3) and on my last, I would lower the weight a little bit, and extremely squeeze each rep as hard as I could. Around 8-10 seconds per rep. My back carries width for my size, but lacks as much detail as i'd like at this stage, so really trying to change that. I'm very sore lol. After workout, drank down my BCAA Stack & Glutamine, did 17mins cardio, drank some protein, and showered for work. Wheels tomorrow

great workout man! pullups if done correctly is a difficult exercise to get 10+ reps with flawless form

MRmichael.hooker
08-18-10, 9:51 pm
great workout man! pullups if done correctly is a difficult exercise to get 10+ reps with flawless form

ur not lieing lol

MRmichael.hooker
08-19-10, 10:06 am
Did hamstrings and calves this a.m. Due to traffic, had a shorter amount of time to complete the workout, so only took 35-40 sec rest in between sets. Even with supersets, I like to take around 1 min for legs, just because it takes so much out of you to do a good set. Oh well, had a fantastic workout. The Animal Pump made my hammies very full, so no complains

Warmup sets: 3 x Lying leg curls and 3 x stiff legged

Lying leg curs (16-20) SUPERSET Stiff Legged (14-16) x 3

1 Leg Curl - 3 x 25

Seated Calf raise - 3 x 85

Wanted to do a lil more calves and sum upper abs, but you can't control the weather, or the crappy n.c. drivers lol. Next time i'll smash the calves. Back tomorrow for some serious posing. Want to start putting together my posing routine and pick my music. I've never really been onstage in front of a lot of people before. Well, I have for public speeches, but I wasn't just in a pair of posing trunks lol. I want to get it flawless before I even get there so i have no worries

MRmichael.hooker
08-19-10, 4:47 pm
Products I cycle:
Superpump 250
Sizeon Precontest
Novedex
Cytolean
Mitotropin
Animal Pump (really comes in handy because i'll do a month of Superpump/Sizeon, then a month of Pump and a fatburner because you can limit the stims, and dont need the extra creating powder too)
Animal Cuts
Anima PM
Cla
Lipo 6 Black

Everyday Products:
Universal BCAA Stak
Flex
Pak
Gaspari Intrapro
Gaspari Myofusion

MRmichael.hooker
08-20-10, 9:00 pm
just 20mins of stairclimber today. not wanting to push it too hard after hamstrings yesterday. Hard shoulders tomorrow. Then some situp sessions for that stupid p.t test comin up

MRmichael.hooker
08-21-10, 1:00 pm
Back to week 1 of my training cycle, heavy movements. Core of the workout is compound exercises.

Db shoulder press: 4 warmup ; 3 x 8-10
Powerclean press: 2 x 8-10
Barbell Front Raises: 2 x 10-12
DB Side raises: 2 x 8-10 (finally got the 50's 10x, clean. No cheating!!)
DB bent over raises: 3 x 10

2 Minute Situps (as many situps as possible in 2 mins, no rest, no cheating, hands behing neck, all the way up elbow-kneecap and back down, army style)

2 mile run, timed : 14:46 FUCK YES!!!!!!!

MRmichael.hooker
08-22-10, 4:12 pm
Did the arms today, nothing like a good ol gun show lol

EZ Bar curls: 4 warmup; 3 x 8-10
Dumbbell Curls: 3 x 8-10
EZ Closegrip Curls: 2 x 8-10

Straightbar pushdowns: 4 w.u; 3 x 8-10
Lying ezbar skullcrusher: 3 x 8-10
Rev grip cable extenions: 3 x 8-10

No calves or abs today, quads + calves in the a.m., so wanna be fully rested for squats. I'm already ready for my P.M and bed lol

MRmichael.hooker
08-24-10, 9:58 am
Did some heavy moving today for the quads. Knees felt great, so I pushed some weight. I don't have any cool nickname like Tree Trunk Legs, and my legs don't have a sweep like Jay Cutlers, but for my age and level in the sport, I do have pretty decent wheels. I get many compliments at my gym for them. Most of the time people just call them machines. I've always been blessed with thicker legs, even during cross country and long distance track. At 18, I got down to 150lbs (due to Army bootcamp) and still, legs were thick. So I am lucky. Also, I have high, thick detailed calves, so at some point, fate decided I needed to start bodybuilding lol.

5 mins on bike, slow pace, just loosening things up :)
Leg Extensions: 2 x 20 (just warmup for the knees; 25lbs)
Squats: 4 x 10 warmups, 2 x 8 working (315, 405)
Hacks: 2 x 14
Leg Press: 2 x 10 warmup, 3 x 10 working
Leg Extensions: 3 x 10-12 working
Calf on Legpress: 4 x 15
Donkey Calf: 1 x 60

Streeeetching

MRmichael.hooker
08-24-10, 4:19 pm
FUCK vendor night at my work. I work at a gym in N.C, and once a month we do a big member appreciation party and get food from all over the place. And its always sushi, pizza, burgers, chicken wings, nachos, sandwiches, burritos... all kinds of shit that doesnt belong anywhere near a dieting lifter! And its directly infront of our desks, so i get to see and smell the shit all night long. blah member appreciation lol

MRmichael.hooker
08-26-10, 5:50 pm
Nice strong workout. Couldnt have asked for much more.

Pushups: 1 x 40
Incline Db press: 3 warmup ; 3 x 8-10
Incline Flys: 3 x 8-12
Dips: 3 x 10 (2- 45lb plates hanging between legs, first time i've gotten them for 3 complete sets of 10!!)

Situps: 3 x 30 (minimum rest between sets, gotta keep that army pt score up)

Debating on cardio tonight. I know its usually best at A:morning, B:immediately post workout. However when you work at a gym, you might not always have the time to do it then. Doing it at night before I leave is still better than doing none!

SpankyC
08-26-10, 6:21 pm
Nice strong workout. Couldnt have asked for much more.

Pushups: 1 x 40
Incline Db press: 3 warmup ; 3 x 8-10
Incline Flys: 3 x 8-12
Dips: 3 x 10 (2- 45lb plates hanging between legs, first time i've gotten them for 3 complete sets of 10!!)

Situps: 3 x 30 (minimum rest between sets, gotta keep that army pt score up)

Debating on cardio tonight. I know its usually best at A:morning, B:immediately post workout. However when you work at a gym, you might not always have the time to do it then. Doing it at night before I leave is still better than doing none!

nice heavy session bro!! weighted dips are a great exercise!

SpankyC
08-26-10, 6:31 pm
hey man is novdedex xt good?

MRmichael.hooker
08-27-10, 3:28 pm
hey man is novdedex xt good?

I mean, I like novedex. It has always given me results. and its only 2 small pills, taken at bedtime

MRmichael.hooker
08-27-10, 5:05 pm
Pulldowns- 4 w.u (each set a different grip)
Pullups- 2 x 11
Tbar- 2 x 8 (6 plates)
Seated cable widegrip- 2 x 10
Rack pulls- 2 x 8

Not alot of volume, but heavy heavy weights. As heavy as I possibly can with strict form. Good shit. Gonna take tomorrow off from the weights, waking up and takin pics. Cardio & posing in the afternoon

MRmichael.hooker
08-27-10, 7:07 pm
screw it, did 15 mins stairclimber anyways. threw a scoop of bcaa & glutamine in, then a lil cardio. nothing hard, doing 2 miles for time tomorrow

MRmichael.hooker
08-28-10, 11:42 am
So pissed! Was doing my 2mile run for time this a.m. on the tredmil. I was running between 8.5 and 9.0 the whole run. I got to 1.81 miles, under 13 mins on the time, and I accidently hit the emergency stop magnet. FUCK FUCK FUCK! I was flying at 219lbs. Threw my mp3, and now it and the headphones are broken. I was so mad lol

MRmichael.hooker
08-29-10, 1:42 pm
Had a decent workout. It just COULD NOT get completely into it today. I tried and tried to get my head into it. I was focused, but not AS focused as I would like to be. You try to make every workout better than your last, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. (Then again if every one was better than ur previous, i'd be side lateral raising 150lb dumbbells lol)

Side db raises: 3 warmup / 3 x 12-14
Barbell Front raise: 2 x 12
Powerclean & press: 3 x 12-14
Rear delt machine: 3 x 12 (+ drop set each set)

Eh. Usually I keep it real fast to maximize the pre exhaust and get a very good pump. Just couldnt get the weight I wanted and it was messing with me in my head. For example, I ususally go with a 45 on each side for the pc&press, and couldnt even get the 25s 14x , today. It will be ok, i'll destroy it on my next workout. Im glad I plowed through it, not stopping. Can't waste a workout. Overcome and adapt

MRmichael.hooker
08-29-10, 2:56 pm
well now my Pump has me fucking EXTREMELY focused and wanting to lift, lol.

MRmichael.hooker
08-30-10, 12:30 pm
Nothin like a good ol' gun show!

Dumbbell extension: 4 w.u/ 2 x 12-14
Weighted dips between benches: 2 x 14
Lying Skull Crushers (EZ bar): 2 x 12-14
Straight bar wide grip cable pushdowns: 2 x 12-14

Straight Bar Curls: 3 w.u/ 3 x 12-14
Dumbbell curls: 3 x 12-14
1arm preacher: 2 x 14

Hammer situp machine: 2 x 15 , 1 x 20 , 1 x 20 each side

MRmichael.hooker
08-31-10, 9:53 am
Perfect way to finish off the month.. the wheels. I'll let you know how I feel once I stop limping

Leg Extension: 4 warmup
Hack Squat: 3 warmup / 4 x 14-16
Front Squat: 2 warmup / 2 x 14-16
Leg Extension: 4 x 16

Lying Leg Curl: 4 wu/ 4 x 12-14
Single leg curl: 4 x 12-14
Stiff DL w/ db: 2 x 20

Seated Calf SUPERSETTED Horizontal Calf machine: 5 x 20 (Last set on Horizontal= drop sets until I hit 50 reps)

I love getting an amazing pump in my legs, and feeling like i'm about to puke. Knowing when you do that very last set of quads, your barely half done... no feeling like it. Wheels are as intense as it gets. Gotta keep the wheels growing. Branch Warren... i'm coming for you! lol

MRmichael.hooker
09-01-10, 4:33 pm
just gonna do sum ab work tonight maybe, we'll see how my energy is after work

SpankyC
09-01-10, 4:38 pm
Perfect way to finish off the month.. the wheels. I'll let you know how I feel once I stop limping

Leg Extension: 4 warmup
Hack Squat: 3 warmup / 4 x 14-16
Front Squat: 2 warmup / 2 x 14-16
Leg Extension: 4 x 16

Lying Leg Curl: 4 wu/ 4 x 12-14
Single leg curl: 4 x 12-14
Stiff DL w/ db: 2 x 20

Seated Calf SUPERSETTED Horizontal Calf machine: 5 x 20 (Last set on Horizontal= drop sets until I hit 50 reps)

I love getting an amazing pump in my legs, and feeling like i'm about to puke. Knowing when you do that very last set of quads, your barely half done... no feeling like it. Wheels are as intense as it gets. Gotta keep the wheels growing. Branch Warren... i'm coming for you! lol

Leg training is the best!

MRmichael.hooker
09-02-10, 1:42 pm
I had a really good workout. And as I write this, my mood is just deflated 100%. Trying to close on a home and we get approved, then they say they need to check something else first. Then we get approved, then they say no. Then we get approved, then waiting on VA to get shit together. Then waiting on shit to get transfered. Then the bank realizes they made a mistake on one of the documents, so need to redo it, then they see that that mistake they had might end up costing us the loan. Im just at my end with this shit. been trying to close on this home since may!!! Enough with my bitching.

Pec Dec Flys: 2 warmup, 2 x 8-10 + Triple Drop of 10 per set
Incline flys: 2 x 16
Machine incline press: 2 x 12-14
Incline DB Press: 2 x 14

** at end of every set, I did 10-15 pushups, just because I have an Army PT test this month.

Destroyed core. Did nonstop ab instinctive training for 30 mins. Crunches, hangning leg raises, rope crunches, situp machine, bosu ball sit ups, bosu ball crunches, planks, elevated planks, declined planks, resistance band twists, medicine ball stuff, rev crunches, flutter kicks, 6 inches, just every single thing I possibly could think of. Then did resistance band twists non stop 90sec per side. DONE!!!

Stair climber: 20 mins. first 10 mins were just a slower pace, target hr of 140. Next 5 mins did quicker pace. Last 5 mins slowed it down, squeezing the ever living shit out of my glutes.

Felt great after todays workout, then sat at my desk and immediately told we must do a certain goal by next week or a week suspension for us all. Fuck this shit. Work is being really gay now, + this home loan shit. I know shit is gonna always happen, just gotta roll with it. I think bodybuilding is an extreme stress reliever (lifting side of it neways). Thank god for someone deciding to tell his friends about picking up heavy weights a long time ago lol

MRmichael.hooker
09-02-10, 8:51 pm
forgot that i wore my new animal shirt today! ordered the flex + free tshirt at bb.com. The white with black 'animal' across the front, xl. Felt like the fuckin man in it

MRmichael.hooker
09-03-10, 7:24 pm
At first, I wasn't sure how my workout was going to go, my shoulders were very very sore. Took about 20 mins warming them up and stretching them out before I began, then I was fine. took the weights moderately heavy but I squeezed every single ounce of back muscle i could into each rep. I've been trying to think of the pose it will help as i'm doing each movement, and how it will make me look better on stage. I know mind-muscle is harder with the back, so i focus more on that than anything.

Pullups (all different grips)- 6 x 10-14
Closegrip Pulldowns- 2 x 12-14
Cable row- 3 x 12-14
Straight arm pulldowns- 2 x 12-14
Tbar- 3 x 12-14
Widegrip pulldowns- 2 x 12-14

-Rev grip db shrugs (hands behind back, palms facing forward, and try to bring up arms like in a db lateral raise, it realllly hits the trap) - 3 x 14
-Incline shrugs- 3 x 14
-Seated shrug machine- did 1 shrug and held it for 60sec. just seein how my traps feel with doin that. they hurt lol

SpankyC
09-03-10, 9:01 pm
Nice back training bro, must of felt wide!

MRmichael.hooker
09-04-10, 4:45 pm
Nice back training bro, must of felt wide!

thanks bro

MRmichael.hooker
09-04-10, 4:46 pm
2 mile run: 14.02 !!!!!!

MRmichael.hooker
09-07-10, 2:08 pm
Well, meant to do shoulders yesterday,but due to work, didnt happen. So I came in early today to make up for it and man did I. Took 2 hours, 10 mins to finish it all, and it was a quick passed (30-45sec rests) workout.

Quads:
Front Squats- 4 w.u , 2 x 25
Leg Extensions- 2 x 30
DB Lunges - 2 x 50
Wide Leg Press- 2 x 25

Shoulders:
Db Lateral Raise - 3 w.u , 3 x 10 triple drops (all 3 sets were triple drops of 10 reps)
Powerclean + press - 2 x 14 + drop of 14 per set
Barbell Front Raise - 2 x 15-8
Bent over rows - 3 x 15

Hams/Calves:
Stiffs & Lying - 2 wu each ; Supersetted Lying curls (20reps) & Stiffs (16) x 3
1 legged curl- 3 x 25 each leg, no rest in between sets
Seated calf- 2 x 85
Calf posing (spiked pose, like in a back pose) - 15 secs x 10 each leg ; x 2

I was fucking beat. It was one of those workouts u dig deep to see what you have inside ya and go balls to the wall. When I did my very last set of calves, I was so happy just because I knew I gave it my all. This show will be mine because i will work harder and diet cleaner than all the rest

MRmichael.hooker
09-08-10, 5:00 pm
Chest today. I always feel like bangin out a few more reps when i'm wearing an Animal T.

Incline Smith Bench: 4 warmup, 3 x 10-12 *Triple Drop of 12 per drop*
Incline fly- 2 x 12 *drop set*
Weighted dips- 2 x 16

Doesnt have to be shit ton of sets to be a great workout. The triple drops really bring out some intensity, not to mention a GREAT pump. Thinkin about taking tomorrow off from the weights, body is feeling pretty tired and sore right. We'll see how i feel in the a.m.

MRmichael.hooker
09-09-10, 4:28 pm
real hard workout today... 5 mins on the stationary bike lol. Today was my day off, and my legs were still pretty sore from the other day, so I just rode a nice slow pace for 5 mins, just to loosen up the quads and calves. Feel alot better now

MRmichael.hooker
09-10-10, 1:16 pm
Nice armworkout today. Not only had a real good pump (thanks to animal pump!), but had a very focues mind-muscle connection the entire workout.

Cable pushdowns- 4 warmup
Dips between 2 benches- 2 x 20 (10 hands close, 10 hands wide) 3 45plates
Tri extn machine- 2 x 12+dropset
Cable Pushdowns- 2 x 12 (120lbs both sets)

EZ Bar curls- 2 wu , 2 x complete failure. Did everything I could to get out reps: restpause, cheat reps, half reps, partial reps, every possible thing to move the bar
DB Incline Curls Supersetted Standing DB Curls: 14 reps inclined, then stand up and go to failure. 2 sets

Very nice pump. On last set of db curls, once I hit failure, I did hammer, side hammer, everything to polish off the bi's. 30 sec rests, extremely pumped

MRmichael.hooker
09-11-10, 3:30 pm
Last weight workout for a week. Army PT test is next weekend, so gotta make sure i'm ready. Until I can make a career out of bodybuilding, the Army is it. But enough about that, found a guy the other day who just joined here, wearing the yellow Animal T. So we got talking, long story short, he's new to bodybuilding and wanted to lift together. Figured why not help an animal along.

Cable pulley rows- 3 warmup
Cable pulley rows Superset with Widegrip pulldowns- 2 x 14
TBar ss with Straightarm pulldowns- 2 x 14
DB row - 2 x 12 (Did them Roelly Winklar style, start with palm facing foward, and rotate as you pull up till knuckles are forward, really really really hit the middle-lower lat HARD!)
Hammerstrength pulldowns- 2 x 14 + drop set

MRmichael.hooker
09-13-10, 2:20 pm
Updated Stack:
Pak
Flex
Omega
Nitro
Pump
Pm
Bcaa Stak
Glutamine
Cuts
Carnitine Liquid

Still cycling with: Superpump 250, Sizeon Precontest, CytoleanV2, myofusion & intrapro

MRmichael.hooker
09-13-10, 2:20 pm
Updated Stack:
Pak
Flex
Omega
Nitro
Pump
Pm
Bcaa Stak
Glutamine
Cuts
Carnitine Liquid

Still cycling with: Superpump 250, Sizeon Precontest, CytoleanV2, myofusion & intrapro

O, and 100% beef aminos

MRmichael.hooker
09-13-10, 9:14 pm
2 mile run--- 14.01! still improving. pt test this sat. gonna run tomorrow and wed then no more till saturday morning. Deep tissue on Friday, so i'll be extra relaxed and ready. SGT, here I come

C.Coronato
09-14-10, 9:31 am
2 mile run--- 14.01! still improving. pt test this sat. gonna run tomorrow and wed then no more till saturday morning. Deep tissue on Friday, so i'll be extra relaxed and ready. SGT, here I come

Hell yea bro!

MRmichael.hooker
09-14-10, 7:08 pm
the Europa dealer just gave me a box of free samples... full of Shock Therapy, Intra-aid, and Storm. Sweet, gotta love gettin FREE universal gear

MRmichael.hooker
09-16-10, 6:22 pm
gonna smash the arms tonight with shock therapy, intraid, and storm. we'll see how it goes!

MRmichael.hooker
09-17-10, 7:12 am
Since sat. I have my pt test, I didn't really wanna fatigue my tri's, so I just did a few light sets to get sum blood moving and to loosen up the elbow. No real plan, just did what felt good.

EZ Bar curls: 21's
DB Alt Curls: 5 x 15,10,8,15,20
Crossbody Hammercurls: 3 x 10
Cable Curls (front double bi)- 1 x 100 (drop sets till I hit 100)
Cable straightbar curls- 1 x 100 (drop sets till I hit 100)

Bi's were very nice and full. First time on Shock Therapy - Intra Aid - Storm and I am extremely impressed!! Had a great pump, veins looked sick, and the pump stayed for quite some time postworkout. Fantastic products

MRmichael.hooker
09-20-10, 2:00 pm
Back to the weights. PT test is over with, (only 18 out of 60 passed, thank god I was one of those 18!!) Time to smash the weights again.

Dumbbell press: 4 wu, 3 x 10-8
Powerclean press: 2 x 8
Barbell front raise: 2 x 12
DB Side lateral: 2 x 10-8
DB bentover reardelt: 3 x 12-10

Hanging leg raises: 3 x 15

Stairclimber- 20 mins

Shout out to the Indianapolis Colts! AND LETS GO HOUSE!!!! Getting the Hawk' haircut on Friday morning for ya bro!

MRmichael.hooker
09-22-10, 1:55 pm
Did some quad/calf work today. Used Carnitine Liquid w/ Shock Therapy. Wish it didn't take me this long to find Carnitine Liquid! Very good workout. Trained with my newfound Animal bud. Spent most of the workout trying to get him to go to AT LEAST parallel, one day i'll get him to go ass to the floor on his squats lol.

Leg Extensions: 2 x 20 (light, just to warmup the knees)
Squats: 4 w/u , 2 x 8
Hack: 2 x 12
Leg Press: 4 x 8-10
Leg Extn: 2 x 14 (on last rep, held it as haaard and long as possible)

Lying leg curl: 2 x 10 , very light since i'll be training hams seperate this week

Seated Calf: 3 x 12-15
Standing calf: 3 x 15 (toes straight, in, out)

First day on new stak, so we'll see how the Nitro & Omega help with recovery time. What a perfect day to test it out :)

MRmichael.hooker
09-22-10, 8:35 pm
Meal 1: 9 egg whites, 2 whole, 1/3c oatmeal with 1 TBL udo's oil & 1/2 a banana
Pak, Omega

Preworkout: Shock, 2 TBL Carnitine Liquid , 20mins later - 1 scoop whey
Intraworkout: 1 scoop BCAA stk, 1 scoop Glutamine, 1/2 scoop Sizeon Precontest
Postworkout: 1 scoop BCAA, 1/2 scoop Sizeon Pre. , 2 scoops whey, 1 pak Nitro

Meal 2: 7 oz Tilapia, 1/2c green beans, 1/3 c brown rice , 2 100% Beef Aminos

Meal 3: 7 oz Chicken, 1/2c broccoli, 1 c rice , 1 TBL udo's oil, 2 100% Beef Aminos

Meal 4: 2 scoops Myofusion protein, 8 blueberries, 3 strawberries, 1/2 banana

Meal 5: 7 oz Chicken, 1c salad , 1 TBL udo's oil

Before Bed: 2 Scoops Myofusion protein, 1 TBL udo's oil , Flex & PM

MRmichael.hooker
09-24-10, 1:29 pm
Well, the plan WAS to do 20 mins brisk walk with my dog. Ended up about 10mins brisk walk, 60 secs full sprint lol. A dog got off his leash and ran up to my dog, scared the crap outta him, and he took off down the road, leaving me to chase him lol. He finally stopped and we walked home. blah dogs

MRmichael.hooker
09-27-10, 11:08 am
http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/MRmichaelhooker/?action=view&current=hawk.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs801 .photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy294%2FMRmichaelhooke r%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dpaks.jpg%26

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/MRmichaelhooker/?action=view&current=hawk.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs801 .photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy294%2FMRmichaelhooke r%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D2.jpg%26

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/MRmichaelhooker/?action=view&current=hawk.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs801 .photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy294%2FMRmichaelhooke r%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D1.jpg%26

MRmichael.hooker
09-27-10, 5:34 pm
alright, lets add a new supplement to the stack... AGENT ORANGE! just got the word i'm gonna be an alpha tester. FUCK YA

MRmichael.hooker
09-28-10, 1:10 pm
Hit the delts today, had a real good pre-exhaust workout. Loving the addition of omega/nitro to my supplement arsenal now. Recovery is great.

Pre: Lcarnitne, Pump, 20 mins later 1 scoop Intrapro

Seated db side raise: 3 warmup / 3 x 12-14
Bbell front raise: 2 x 12-14
Powerclean + press: 3 x 12-14
Reardelt on pecdec: 3 x 12 + drop set per set

DId all kinds of stuff for abs. I usually take only one day a week to hit obliques/outer abs, just for variety and to hit the abs from a different angle. I'm not big on oblique specific training, especially with weights, because I have a hard enough time with a wider core. last thing I need is any more size on it. Threw in some good ol' rope crunches to finish it off. Did several variations of hanging leg raises to destroy the lower abs.

Post: 1/2 scoop Sizeon precontest, 1 scoop bcaa stack, 1 scoop glutamine, 2 scoops Intrapro. After shower: 1 Nitro Pak

MRmichael.hooker
09-30-10, 1:49 pm
Got off a lil later than normal, so decided to superset the workout to get home a lil faster. I'm still at that point in my marriage where I like going home, lol

Db extensions- 3 warmup , Barbell curl- 3 warmup
Db Extensions SUPERSET Bbell curl- 3 x 12-14
Dip machine- 2 x 12-14
Standing db curl SUPERSET Ezbar lying skullcrushers- 3 x 12-14
1arm preachercurl (HIGH incline) SUPERSET wide straightbar cable pushdowns- 2 x 12-14

Bike- 5 min warmup, 45sec moderate pace, 15sec ALL OUT, 45 sec moderate, 15 sec all out etc, 5 min cooldown for total of 20 mins

MRmichael.hooker
10-03-10, 5:42 pm
Had a real good workout. Took the quads through hell today.

Leg Extensions: 4 warmups
Hack Squats: 3 warmups, 4 x 14-16
Front Squats: 2 warmups, 4 x 14-16
Leg Extensions: 4 x 14-16 (held every rep at top position for 3 seconds)

Decided to demolish my calves. I train calves twice a week, so I usually do 6-8 sets each day I do them. I've done them House style with sets of 100, done them Ronnie Coleman style with sets of 8-10 suppper heavy, and Arnold style with doin em everyday. I wanted something different than they've ever been use to:
-- Seated calf: 20 x 20. While 20 reps might not sound like a lot, just wait until you get to set 14, and you STILL have 6 sets to go! Weight was moderate, 100lbs. Every rep must be clean, all the way up, squeeze, all the way down. Try it

MRmichael.hooker
10-04-10, 3:05 pm
As I sit to write this, my shoulders are still sore from this mornings ass beatin. Still waiting on Agent O to come in, so we'll see. Trying to get all my training in by Thursday this week, going to train with Jay Cutler on Sunday, fucking STOOOOKEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seated DB lateral raise- 3 warmup, 3 x 10 (triple drop sets, 10 reps per drop)
Powerclean + press- 3 x 14 (drop set of 14 reps per set)
Bbell front raise- 2 x 18
Dbell bentover raise- 3 x 18

30-45 sec rest, fuckin intense. Sweated my ass off! Gonna do arms tomorrow, hammies wed, and chest/back thursday (they usually get their own day, but wanna be nice and rested to workout with Mr. O). Then regrouping it all next week. gonna change up the splits to keep everything different.

MRmichael.hooker
10-05-10, 12:04 pm
First day of agent o went very nicely. Read my journey on it with the link below. Had a very faced paced arm workout today. 30 sec rest

Cable pushdowns- 4 warmup sets, 4 diff grips
Dips off 2 benches- 10 hands close, 10 hands wide x 2 sets (both sets used 2x45 plates and a 25lb plate)
Tri extn machine- 2 x 10 + drop set (145 on first set of 10, pr)
Dbell kickbacks- 2 x 18 (35lbs)
Standing pushdowns- 2 x 12 (40lbs) at end of every rep, squeeeeezed for 3-5 secs

Warm up 3 sets EZ bar, Then 4 working sets 16-22 reps (completeee failure!)
2 sets incline D-bell curl 10-14 reps supersetted with standing db alt curls

Had a great pump. 2 of my fellow gym buddies comented how pumped my arms looked, so thats a good thing lol

MRmichael.hooker
10-06-10, 9:17 am
Did a light hamstring workout this a.m. Did quads/calves on Sunday, but I had decent weight on the hack squat, and worked hams pretty good. Plus wanted to do some cardio as well, so didnt kill myself on the hams. Just getting some blood pumping through. Alot of stretching and posing the wheels

Lying curls- 3 warmup, 4 x 14
1 leg curls- 4 x 14
SLDL- 1 x 20

Agent O, 2nd day, just as insane as day 1 was

MRmichael.hooker
10-08-10, 1:20 pm
Had to combine back & chest in one workout to give myself fri and sat off. 2 days till the workout with Jay Cutler... so fucking pumped! Anyways,

Seated cable pulleyrows- 3 warmups (i used the rope attachment so i could bring the contraction back much further than just stopping at the stomach

Cable pulleyrows SUPERSETTED Widegrip Pulldowns - 2 x 12-14
Tbar Row SUPERSETTED Straightarm pulldowns- 2 x 12-14
1arm db row- 2 x 12
Seated hammerstrenght pulldowns- 2 x 12 + drop set per set

Incline Bench- 3 warmup sets, 5 x 215lbs (bodyweight) x 10-12

Nothing to kill the chest, just wanted to get a good pump in it and havent done barbell incline bench in a while, so just something different.

MRmichael.hooker
10-11-10, 5:09 pm
Changing things up for a few weeks. Just want to break the norm and do something different. I'm gonna do the new Animal Routine 19 for a few weeks (The House's routine)

Deads- 4 x 6-12. I did get 315lb for 6 reps,which I feel good about because its the first time i've done deads in 2010.
Chins- 6 x failure
Bentover revgrip rows- 4 x 12
DB Pullover- 4 x 12
Back Extn- 4 x 12

Rope crunches- 4 x 20reps (25lbs)
Rope crunches- 3 x 10 (60lbs)
Decline crunch- 1 x 25

Stairmill - 30 mins

Very very good workout. The addition of deads really felt nice. I've been doing a lot of rack pulls, but no deads from the floor. Also, the stairmill was great because I tried to squeeze the glutes on every step. I will not step on stage without striated glutes

MRmichael.hooker
10-11-10, 7:50 pm
Cut out some udo's oil, and the fruit. I was getting real good results keeping the fruit in, but i started to plateau around 211lbs, so time for change

Meal 1: 9 egg whites, 2 whole, 2/3c oatmeal with 1/2 TBL udo's oil

Meal 2: 7 oz Tilapia, 1/2c green beans, 1/3 c brown rice

Meal 3: 7 oz Chicken, 1/2c broccoli, 1 c rice , 1/2 TBL udo's oil

Meal 4: 2 scoops Myofusion protein, 1/3c oats

Meal 5: 7 oz Chicken, 1c salad , 1/2 TBL udo's oil

Before Bed: 2 Scoops Myofusion protein, 1/2 TBL udo's oil

DAILY TOTALS:
CALORIES: 3,219.5
PROTEIN: 416g
CARBS: 157g

MRmichael.hooker
10-12-10, 11:38 am
2nd day on the Animal train. #19... all I can say is fml. Nice, hard workout. If you have yet to try this routine, grab some straps and give this a go for a week. Just something different and its rough.

Barbell press (did em seated just because my back is pretty sore from the deads yesterday) - 3 warmup, 4 x 6-12
Db lat raises- 4 x 6 - 12 (did them a diff. way that Jay was showin on Sunday, and it was highly affective and burnt like a bitch)
Db incline reardelt rows- 4 x 6 - 12
Bbell front raise- 4 x 6-12

skullcrushers- 3 w.u / 4 x 6-12
Cable pressdowns- 4 x 12
Rev grip cable pressdowns- 4 x 12

Stepmil - 20 mins (10 mins squeezing the glutes very hard, 10 mins everyother step)

Exhausted! I stood for about 10 mins in the shower just relaxing. Agent O gave me such a mental push to complete every rep possible.

MRmichael.hooker
10-19-10, 1:21 pm
First day of Chest using the Animal #19 routine. Decent workout, didn't get the BEST of pump, but was real sore. Had to do bis, traps, forearms as well because I had drill this weekend, so couldn't hit the gym at all during the weekend.

**1 pak of Nitro pre
Incline Barbell: 4 x 6-12
Incline DB Flys: 3 x 8
Incline Cable flys: 3 x 12
Flat db bench: 4 x 6-12
Dips: 4 x fail
Cable Crossovers: 4 x 6-12

**1 scoop of bcaa between chest and bis/traps

(For time purpose, I did bis/traps in a tag-a-long fashion)
Barbell curls: 4 x 6 -12 **each set was supersetted with db shrugs**
Hammer curls: 4 x 6-12 **each set was supersetted with db shrugs**
Reverse ezbar curls: 4 x 12 **each set was supersetted with behind back shrugs**

**1 scoop bcaa stack + 1 scoop glutamine post

MRmichael.hooker
10-20-10, 7:09 pm
Took Mon & Tue off, was pretty damn sick. Throwin up anything I ate down. Only ate 2 times monday, and only 1 stayed down :( Back in the game today though. Needed a little motivation, so I made it to the gym before 6am, so it was nice and dark outside. Perfect scene to set the hardcore mood

Deads: 3 warmup, 4 x 12-6
Chins: 6 x failure
Bent bbell rows: 4 x 12-6
DB Pullovers: 4 x 12
Back extn: 4 x 12

Once again, another SOLID workout! Ready for shoulders tomorrow. Got my univ/animal package yesterday and realized I forgot to get Omega, so bought 2 months worth of it lol. For anyone who might be reading this journey (if anyone lol) you gotta try out this routine. Off season or contest prep, its a nice change from the norm. Just good volume and heavy heavy poundage. When it becomes off season time again (feels like forever away) i'll definently use this program again

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-10, 4:57 pm
Had a nice begining, middle of the workout was ehhh, end was great. The very inner of my right trap was hurting pretty bad, so doing rear delts hurt, and then doing front raises hurt on the way down. I finished both, but had to seriously drop the weight. I just made sure to very very stretch at the end. Only planned on doing the 6-12reps on tri's, but a buddy/member of the gym hoped in with me during my cable work, so we really smashed it.

Bbell press: 3 warmup, 4 x 12-6
Side lat raises: 4 x 6-12 (55lb db's for 7reps, could have gotten more but started to swing and didn't want to use cheat reps today new PR)
Rear delt w/ db- 4 x 12 (light weight)
Front Raises- 4 x 12 (liggght weight)

Cable closegrip pushdowns- 4 x 12-6
Cable rope pushdowns- 2 x 12, 2 x 15 + 1 drop set
Cable widegrip pushdowns- 4 x ? (tons of drop sets, after all the drops on my last set, I stopped counting at 55)

MRmichael.hooker
10-22-10, 7:16 pm
Needed a kinda quick workout before we close the gym, so wanted to hit my most troubled area on the quads... the tear drop. LEG EXTENSIONS BABY!!

Leg Extensions: 3 warmup
6 x 6-10 HEAVY AS POSSIBLE!!
6 x 19-30 (2-3 second holds at top)
1 x 20
1 x Triple Drop supersetted directly into Leg Press x 30 (10 feet norm, 10 feet close, 10 feet wide)

FUCK MY LIFE

MRmichael.hooker
10-23-10, 1:00 pm
My animal bro i finally found in my gym hit the chest with me. Had a good start, but once again, pain left me having a decent middle of the workout. My fault though. Our DBells go from 100-110-125-150lbs. Fuckin blows! Its a large jump. Got the 100's 12 times, and couldn't get the 125s up. My wrist didn't support the weight on my right hand. rest of the workout blew dick until the cable crossovers.

Incline DB Bench: 3 warmup, 4 x 12-fail (70x12/85x12/100x12/125=nope!/110x7)
Incline fly: 3 x 8
Smithmachine bench: 4 x 8-10 (i dont care if you say 'oh smith bench is gay and won't work, blah blah' it has given me alot of great development in my chest in the past 12 weeks)
Dips: tried it twice, my wrist wouldn't hold me up on the right arm. fuck
Decline hammer strenght machine: 4 x 12-15
Cablecrossovers- 4 x 12 (got a very good pump in the chest to finish the workout. Very pleased)

MRmichael.hooker
10-30-10, 3:20 pm
Hurt my rotator cuff on Tuesday. Went to Chiro on Thu & Sat. Going back twice this coming week, then leaving for most of November for an Army school, so.. GAY! But 4 weeks off, i'll be nice and revamped to hit it hard when I get back. Have fun bros, see you guys in a month

MRmichael.hooker
11-14-10, 2:58 pm
sup bros. just stopping by while i have a second to say hey. hope everyone is well. another week left of my leadership school, then back to work in the gym. take care bros