PDA

View Full Version : Mildly super setting HRT?

cstmgp
07-23-10, 5:39 pm
At times I am on a bit of a time constraint at the gym. Could I cut down the break time and alternate the excersises to allow for some recovery between sets? I'm sure it's something I'll have to play with, but wondering if this somehow defeats the structure of the program.
Shaun

Rage
07-26-10, 12:30 pm
At times I am on a bit of a time constraint at the gym. Could I cut down the break time and alternate the excersises to allow for some recovery between sets? I'm sure it's something I'll have to play with, but wondering if this somehow defeats the structure of the program.
Shaun

Hi Shaun. The most important part is getting the work done. Let us know how this works for you. It's not my way or the highway around here. Variations are ok and encouraged.

cstmgp
07-26-10, 7:01 pm
I'd like to stick to your original plan as much as possible, as I am not seasoned enough to really tweak it yet. I'm sure after a good 5-6 week run I will be able to make some adjustments to further suit the workout to my individual growth.
Thanks for all the info on this system though, I feel like i am able to really pack in the knowledge before even begining the punishment in the gym.
Shaun

cstmgp
07-27-10, 5:04 pm
Hit arms last night for my first installment of hrt, wow! It definitely drains the tank like nothing else I've tried. By the end of the workout I was assisting the positive motion of my curls with the other hand just to get the final negatives in. I've never had that kind of pump in my arms, hopefully it will lead to some good growth in the next few weeks.

BTW, I did superset the bis and tris excersises, but still took at least 30 sec between sets. (more like a minute toward the end)
Shaun

cstmgp
07-28-10, 11:31 pm
Leg day was killer, my theory is that this routine forces intensity. Many lifters don't have great intensity in the gym, this style forces that extra effort.
Shaun

Rage
07-29-10, 8:38 pm
Thats right Shaun. Great job brother. Keep it going.

cstmgp
08-08-10, 8:48 am
Starting week 3 of HRT, I must say I am excited to get this weeks sessions going. The last two weeks were brutal, and that was while trying to find my working weights. Now that I have a prety good idea of what weights to punish myself with, this week should bring a whole new level of burn, and hopefully growth.

I am usually skeptical of people claiming fast results, or "growth in the first week", but I have to say I've seen noticable improvement in areas after only two weeks. There has even been a small amount of measurable growth in my arms. Overal a great program Rage, and I can't wait to be posting here after week 6 or 8 with some real results.

Shaun

Rage
08-10-10, 1:28 pm
Good to hear Shaun..HRT is a great training tool to keep in the gym bag.