PDA

View Full Version : bi's/tris or tris/bi's

Zeus92
07-24-10, 10:21 am
If im trying to bring my biceps up should i hit bis first when i have the most energy? or hit them second when my arms are already pre-exhausted from working tris and i can really deplete them completely? Thanks in advance!

MRmichael.hooker
07-24-10, 10:31 am
If im trying to bring my biceps up should i hit bis first when i have the most energy? or hit them second when my arms are already pre-exhausted from working tris and i can really deplete them completely? Thanks in advance!

BOTH! there are 4 typical ways to do it and all will help. You can do bi's alone, like Chest/Bis. You can do them like u mentioned, bi/tri or tri/bi because both will cause a different response to the muscle. And doing the tris 1st will not only preexhaust, but youll already have alot of blood in the arms to work with. Or, you can superset them together for maximum blood pump. Every guy has their own opinion, but the doing arms on same day heavy and then next time lighter, faster, supersetting, drop setting, really helped me personally bring up my arms. Whichever order you do, just squeeze your bi as hard as you can every rep.

Big Wides
07-24-10, 11:25 am
Would do tris first just because they are the bigger of the two. But if you are looking for something to hit them equally do a tricep excerise then a bicep one. Alternate until the session is done

Legacy
07-24-10, 12:08 pm
Would do tris first just because they are the bigger of the two. But if you are looking for something to hit them equally do a tricep excerise then a bicep one. Alternate until the session is done

Nailed it

RogueLion
07-24-10, 12:15 pm
Check out Schaks arm superset. Its f'ing awesome

LT
07-24-10, 12:31 pm
Great question. I would choose first to do tri, pump good blood and then biceps. But I have read somewhere what we all should do bicep 1st . And I do not know why

SailinScotty
07-24-10, 3:36 pm
Check out Schaks arm superset. Its f'ing awesome

x2 I'm guessing this is the one you mean

Arms -*
Cable Tricep Pushdowns superset w/ Standing Curls (EZ curl bar)
Set 1: 15 reps (warm up)
Set 2: 12 reps
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 10 reps
Set 5: 8 reps (drop weight and do another 8 reps)
Close Grip Bench Press superset w/Preacher Curl Machine
Close Grip Bench Press:
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 8 reps ( do a double drop set of 8 reps each)
Preacher Curl Machine
Set 1: 12 reps
Set 3: 8 reps do a double drop set of 8 reps each)
Tricep Dip Machine: 12 reps x 3 sets
Supersetted with Seated Dumbbell Curls: 10 reps x 3 sets

Legacy
07-24-10, 3:45 pm
x2 I'm guessing this is the one you mean

Arms -*
Cable Tricep Pushdowns superset w/ Standing Curls (EZ curl bar)
Set 1: 15 reps (warm up)
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 10 reps
Set 5: 8 reps (drop weight and do another 8 reps)
Close Grip Bench Press superset w/Preacher Curl Machine
Close Grip Bench Press:
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 8 reps ( do a double drop set of 8 reps each)
Preacher Curl Machine
Set 1: 12 reps
Set 3: 8 reps do a double drop set of 8 reps each)
Tricep Dip Machine: 12 reps x 3 sets
Supersetted with Seated Dumbbell Curls: 10 reps x 3 sets

That work out kicks your ass. Doesnt look like much but it fucks you. I use this whenever I needed to break a plateua

RogueLion
07-24-10, 3:46 pm
That work out kicks your ass. Doesnt look like much but it fucks you

It fucks you real hard. My biceps feel like they are going to rip off my body after the 3rd set

Sprint
07-25-10, 7:35 pm
there's a school of thought that says hit bi's first in order to fully warm up the elbows before they get put under strain by exercises such as skullcrushers or overhead extensions.
just as whats been said so far tho, mix it up!

Maccabee
07-25-10, 8:46 pm
What ever you need to improve on most is what you hit first.

scals
07-27-10, 11:12 am
Rotate it each workout.

theharjmann
07-27-10, 11:19 am
Biceps are fooking tiny compared to other muscle groups. You really dont need a lot of energy to train them....