PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 117

bigweights74
07-24-10, 1:36 pm
What are everyone's thoughts on UFC 117 Silva vs Sonnen??

Personally I would love to see Sonnen dethron Silva but lets be honest thats not gonna happen in this life time or any other. Sonnen should stick to his politcal love and thats it. He has really ran his mouth too much for this fight to be even fun to watch. I dont have any problem with an educated athlete but he isnt running for office and he isnt trying to win our votes. I understand the trash talking and the pre fight hype but lets be real he is too i guess smart when he does it. It basically makes him sound stupid. So I got Silva takin this one easy unless he decides to do his run around the ring dance. What are your picks??

ontheEDGE
07-24-10, 4:16 pm
I agree, his trash talking sound a bit off. Somethings just not right and I think he's gonna lose anyway. There's nothing that Silva has shown me to make me think he has any weaknesses so he's me pick...but I would loooove to see him lose.

J Wong
07-24-10, 5:41 pm
Sonnen has the tools to beat Silva imo, I think he can definitely drag it to the mat and win 3 rounds with his wrestling, but Sonnen has some very bad submission defense, and Silva is great off his back. I would like to see Sonnen win, but I think Silva will submit Sonnen.

I am looking forward to Fitch/Alves, I think Fitch will grind this one out.

TigerAce01
07-24-10, 8:26 pm
I've been gunning for Sonnen since he entered the UFC...ask my fiancee, I will not shut up about Chael.

I say Sonnen by Unanimous decision, winning 4/5 rounds.

-Ace

J Wong
07-25-10, 2:27 am
I've been gunning for Sonnen since he entered the UFC...ask my fiancee, I will not shut up about Chael.

I say Sonnen by Unanimous decision, winning 4/5 rounds.

-Ace

Yup, I really think if Chael can avoid the sub, he will win a decision. I just don't like how he basically falls into a guillotine in every TD attempt. He was lucky against Dan Miller and Nate Marquardt, they were to gassed to pull off the subs they had locked in.

ZombiePower
07-27-10, 2:35 pm
not really a exciting or good match up but silvas gonna win

ZombiePower
08-02-10, 9:33 pm
just saw the commercial sonnen has no chance in hell man he said hes gonna punch holes in andersons face and hes talking all this shit,anderson just got pissed off by dana white forgotten about by fans and lost all respect all because he played around in his last fight litterally playing around and still won andersons pissed off and sonnen IS NOT gonna like what he finds when he literally steps in the octagon and see how mad anderson silva got and how bad hes gonna want his respect back.
Honestly sonnen has no chance.

ZombiePower
08-02-10, 9:38 pm
What are everyone's thoughts on UFC 117 Silva vs Sonnen??

Personally I would love to see Sonnen dethron Silva but lets be honest thats not gonna happen in this life time or any other. Sonnen should stick to his politcal love and thats it. He has really ran his mouth too much for this fight to be even fun to watch. I dont have any problem with an educated athlete but he isnt running for office and he isnt trying to win our votes. I understand the trash talking and the pre fight hype but lets be real he is too i guess smart when he does it. It basically makes him sound stupid. So I got Silva takin this one easy unless he decides to do his run around the ring dance. What are your picks??

deadly on his back, deadly off his back, elite striking, elite striking defense, great submission, great groud defense, his dodging is amazing when you find his weakness please come and tell me a 1 hour story about it, not trying to attack you man but im backing you up on whoever in the world thinks sonnen is gonna beat silva.

HIGA MONSTER
08-08-10, 2:53 pm
I AM STILL PISSED!
FOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woke up this morning to make my coffee and I was still mad.
I was ready to go lift shit last night after that main event.

What a fuckin great PPV other than that. Best PPV I've seen in a while.
Roy Nelson can take a fuckin punch by the way. He's gonna get better IMO.

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
08-08-10, 3:42 pm
KO of the night: Stefan Struve

Submission of the night: Anderson Silva & Matt Hughes. Hughes also got it because Dana had never seen a guy do a submission that way.

Fight of the Night: Silva vs Sonnen

$60,000 for each fighter

HIGA

J Wong
08-08-10, 4:36 pm
deadly on his back, deadly off his back, elite striking, elite striking defense, great submission, great groud defense, his dodging is amazing when you find his weakness please come and tell me a 1 hour story about it, not trying to attack you man but im backing you up on whoever in the world thinks sonnen is gonna beat silva.

I would tell you a 1 hour story, but I am pretty sure you saw Silva getting beat on the feet and on the ground for 23 minutes.

ZombiePower
08-11-10, 12:25 pm
I would tell you a 1 hour story, but I am pretty sure you saw Silva getting beat on the feet and on the ground for 23 minutes.

sonnen was tough but his cockiness on his ground striking really got to his head in the last round his triking game was decent but the only reason silva wasnt dodging and doing his great shit he does is because dana is beng a asshole and wants him out of the ufc so silva had to get serious and put on a show good fight but everyone knew silva was gonna submit him.

wedge
08-11-10, 1:35 pm
sonnen was tough but his cockiness on his ground striking really got to his head in the last round his triking game was decent but the only reason silva wasnt dodging and doing his great shit he does is because dana is beng a asshole and wants him out of the ufc so silva had to get serious and put on a show good fight but everyone knew silva was gonna submit him.

Dana wants whats best for the business. Who wants to watch a fight where a guy, the champ even, runs away from his challenger?
Pathetic and disrespectful, no matter the fighter.

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 2:37 pm
118 .. Here comes JERSEY Higa!!!

FITGYM
08-11-10, 2:55 pm
Sonnen is a great UFC fighter ... He just ran out of gas and conditioning is the key. He gave it all and in the end Silva was better conditioned and finished the job.

I was hoping that Sonnen won but Silva will have to step his game up cause the next fight will be that much harder

HIGA MONSTER
08-11-10, 4:40 pm
118 .. Here comes JERSEY Higa!!!

I heard Frankie Edgar has been training hard with J-Wow and Snookie.
Hopefully, that will help him with his tanning bed abilities...

"ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

HIGA

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 4:51 pm
I heard Frankie Edgar has been training hard with J-Wow and Snookie.
Hopefully, that will help him with his tanning bed abilities...

"ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

HIGA

Ouchhh .. haha. I guess we will have to just see. On a side note, i have seen them. They train at my gym .. Its embarrassing.

HIGA MONSTER
08-11-10, 6:46 pm
Ouchhh .. haha. I guess we will have to just see. On a side note, i have seen them. They train at my gym .. Its embarrassing.

Whatever, I know you "spot" her on SDL's from time to time...

HIGA MONSTER

ZombiePower
08-11-10, 9:47 pm

you serious?

C.Coronato
08-12-10, 9:42 am
Whatever, I know you "spot" her on SDL's from time to time...

HIGA MONSTER

Hahaha .. so .. lol

you serious?

Yea man. Myself and Aggression live in the town next to where "Jersey Shore" is filmed. We both grew up there. The cast ventured out for a new gym, and they landed at mine. I see them at least once a week.

ZombiePower
08-12-10, 4:27 pm
Hahaha .. so .. lol

Yea man. Myself and Aggression live in the town next to where "Jersey Shore" is filmed. We both grew up there. The cast ventured out for a new gym, and they landed at mine. I see them at least once a week.

lets not get off subject about ufc 117 but the whole crew? and isnt there like cameras and stuff there?