PDA

View Full Version : Arm Blitz

Legacy
07-25-10, 12:21 am
So I just received a PM from a member and a lagging area he wanted to bring up was his arms. I remember using one of my specific workouts for arm development that I have used plenty of times before and have seen great results with and I thought I would share it with my fellow brothers.

There are a lot of guys on this forvm who want new arm development and I see a lot of responses to do basic things. Now don't get me wrong, I love basic exercises and routines, but sometimes you just gotta switch things up. Now if your one of the guys on here who wants better arm development, try out this routine.

I am asking ya'll to trust me on this program because I know it works. The majority of people who I know have used it have seen great results. It is a short and sweet 4 week program and although does not look like much, really depends on the mind muscle connection and making sure every set and rep counts. Now I ask you to trust me and follow this routine to the T, don't add sets or reps to the program, just do as it says.

I know there will probably be some members on here that are skeptical of the routine, but if you want new arm development and some added size, give this routine a try. The first week will go through pretty easily, but once you get to about mid week 2, you will notice your arms beginning to fill out and stay full everyday, don't let the first week fool you.

Once you start getting into workouts 4, 5, and 6, pay attention to the * symbols as they require you to add intensity techniques into certain sets. The key for * symbols are at the bottom of the page.

Although this looks like a lot, its a really simple routine to follow, just pay attention to the * symbols and intensity techniques. Try this for 4 weeks and you will notice a difference.

Weeks 1
Monday - Arm workout 1
Wednesday - Arm workout 2
Friday - Arm workout 3

Week 2
Monday - Arm workout 1
Wednesday - Arm workout 2
Friday - Arm workout 3

Week 3
Thursday - Arm workout 4

Week 4
Wednesday - Arm workout 5
Saturday - Arm workout 6

Arm Workout 1
Dips 2 x 8-10
Dumbbell Overhead Extension 2 x 8-10
Incline Dumbbell Curl 2 x 8-10
Cable Concentration Curl 2 x 8-10

Arm Workout 2
Barbell Curl 3 x 8-10
Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 x 8-10
Lying Tricep Extension 3 x 8-10
Straight Bar Pressdown 2 x 8-10

Arm Workout 3
Reverse Grip Bench Press 2 x 8-10
Close Grip Bench Press 2 x 8-10
Preacher Curl 2 x 8-10
Standing Cable Curl 2 x 8-10

Arm Workout 4
Close Grip Bench Press on Smith Machine 3 x 4-6*
Tricep Pressdown 3 x 4-6**
Seated Barbell Curl 3 x 4-6***
Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3 x 4-6**

Arm Workout 5
1 Arm Reverse Pressdown 3 x 10-12
Close Grip Bench 3 x 6-8****
Preacher Curl 3 x 6-8
Dumbbell Curl 4 x 8-12*****

Arm Workout 6
Cable Concentration Curl 3 x 10-12
Standing Barbell Curl 3 x 6-8****
Dumbbell Close Grip Bench 3 x 6-8
Rope Pressdown 3 x 8-12******

* Do the first two sets in the top half of the range of motion. On the third set do the full range of motion.
** Choose a weight heavier than that which you can lift for one rep and have a partner help you force-rep the positive portion of the exercise while you resist the negative portion on your own. After completing the third set, strip the weight and rep out as many as you can unassisted.
*** Load a bar with 10-20 plus pounds more than you can lift for 4-6 reps of normal barbell curls. Sit on a flat bench and rest the bar on your thigh. Using a shoulder-width underhand grip, curl the weight towards your shoulders.
**** On the last set, do 6-8 reps, drop the weight 30% and rep until failure.
***** Down the rack set, one pair of dumbbells equals 1 set. Start with a weight you can do for 12 easy reps, then continue down the rack with 3 more sets of dumbbells without rest. Example 10 reps with 40 lbs, immediately followed by 10 reps with 30, immediately followed by 10 reps with 25, immediately followed by 10 reps with 20. This 1 superset equals 4 working sets which is the number listed for that day.
****** For each set, do 8-12 reps, drop the weight, rep until failure, drop the weight again and rep until failure.

RogueLion
07-25-10, 12:39 am
You're the man.

_Trainlikeafreak
07-25-10, 12:41 am
You're the man.

I concur

Legacy
07-26-10, 10:33 am
Let me know what you guys feel from it. Like I said, week 2 is when you start noticing changes, a lot more fullness

Topher
07-26-10, 9:11 pm
Im still new to this stuff so I'll ask a dumb question... How is that workout not over training?????

Legacy
07-26-10, 9:48 pm
Im still new to this stuff so I'll ask a dumb question... How is that workout not over training?????

The first 2 weeks you are training arms 3 times per week, however you are only doing 4 sets total for bis and tris on each of those 3 days. The intensity and volume are very low, therefore it allows for the frequency to be high those first 2 weeks. The muscles are getting stimulated very lightly and are able to recover for the next workout. When you get into week 3 and 4, the intensity increases however, the frequency decreases to once per week and then twice per week. I've used this program plenty of times and have also taught it to others, its not overtraining I can assure you that.

Fully look at the routine, its not a lot of work, each workout only takes about 10 minutes, except for week 3 which takes longer because you are doing negatives.

Trust me bro, it works, if you've got a stale routine and need something new, this is a good 4 week difference.

_Trainlikeafreak
07-27-10, 12:09 am
first arm workout took me 15 minutes. I liked it a lot. Lookin forward to Wednesday

Legacy
07-27-10, 12:28 am
first arm workout took me 15 minutes. I liked it a lot. Lookin forward to Wednesday

Just wait til you get into the end of the second week bro. Remember to focus on the contractions of each rep since the workout are fairly quick and easy

Topher
07-27-10, 7:25 am
Thanks man you can read so much diff stuff and hear so many diff things. Sound like a good solid work out. I think I'll try it after HRT.