PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the 2011 Canadian Nationals

Dallas M
07-28-10, 1:08 am
Dallas Massey, sitting roughly 17 weeks out from my provincial qualifier.
I will be looking to compete at 2 shows this year and then taking close to a year off to add some mass before i diet down for the Canadian Nationals.

Today was legs heres what i did using a pre exhausting technique:
- leg extensions x 4
- hack squats x 3
- barbell squats x 5

- ham curls x 4
- straight legs x 4
- leg press x 4
- calf raises x 3

Dallas M
07-28-10, 1:37 am
Ill try to update my day to day routine and let everyone know how my prep is going, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask on my journey thread thanks and let the war begin!

For nutrition I am currently eating roughly between 6-8 meals a day depending on the body part I train. Leg and back days are usually 7-8 meals as I usually need the extra meals to help repair. Chicken, steak, salmon and eggs are my main source of protein along with two shakes a day post workout and before bed. Carbs consist of yams, potatoes, oats, rice and on occasion ezekiel bread. This offseason i have incorporated alot more fats and kept my carbs average so that my calories can balance out alot more by mainly putting olive oil on all my meals and eating plain brazil nuts and almonds with meals

As far as training I am currently trying new things but also keeping the weight on medium until I feel comfortable on new movements. This offseason i needed to bring my legs up so i incorparated a pre exhaust technique which seems to be working very well. I felt that i was draining all my energy on squats and leg presses first so i switched and put them last so that i could push alot more blood in to them before i went crazy on squats.

With this in mind i am currently looking to compete November 27th in London Ontario for my provincial qualifier and then looking for a show roughly 2 months later where i can then qualify for another provincial show or national level show. If i am able to qualify for nationals ill be looking to take roughly a year off to add mass before i step on stage hopefully around 205 - 215.

I

C.Coronato
07-28-10, 10:05 am
Welcome my man, you are in a good place for sure! Is this going to be your first show?

ProteinJunkie
07-28-10, 10:14 am
Welcome to the Forvm Dallas M. Another Canadian Journey – I’m in. I look forward to following along.

I also welcome you to join up with us on our CDN Tribe page too: http://forum.animalpak.com/group.php?groupid=22 which has great information about this brand pertinent to us North of the border.

Dallas M
07-28-10, 2:42 pm
I was going for my provincial qualifer in april but as i was dieting down around 5 weeks out and i injured my rear delt and couldnt really train chest or shoulders so when that happened i decided to pull out. So yea this will be my first show but its not new to me due to the fact that i had already dieted down for a show and was pretty much ready to compete.

Tonight is chest so look out for my new chest technique i have been working on !

Mr.Strand
07-28-10, 10:04 pm
Yeah man I'm in on this! I need to get a journey log going too, I never thought to do one online haha I just write it down in my little black book.

Dallas M
07-28-10, 11:22 pm
yeaa robin another great canadian bodybuilde, everyone check him out on youtube Robin Strand a great contender for mr junior canada 2012.

Today was chest and i like to do a double pump then a stretch follwed by a pump and another stretch.

- incline barbell press x 4
- incline dumbells x 3
- low reverse cable crossovers x 4
- incline machine press x 3 dropsetting from 3 plates to 1
- dips x 3

B. Rowe
07-29-10, 12:40 am
Hoppin on this as well bro...best of luck

Dallas M
07-31-10, 2:27 pm
took the past two days off just to recover and enjoy a little bit of summer for a change, probably gonna get back on the offseason diet tomorrow and try to hit 210 by the end of summer.

whats everyone else doing for their offseason this summer ?

Mr.Strand
08-01-10, 6:48 pm
took the past two days off just to recover and enjoy a little bit of summer for a change, probably gonna get back on the offseason diet tomorrow and try to hit 210 by the end of summer.

whats everyone else doing for their offseason this summer ?

Training eating and sleeping, haha. 210 by the end of summer eh? what's your first cycle going to be?

Dallas M
08-01-10, 10:54 pm
universal torrent, animal m stack, animal pump and nitro are what gets my weight up!

today was arms and biceps are one of my weak points so i usually do a 2-2-1-1-1-1 routine which is basically 2 triceps then 2 biceps and then bouncing back from triceps and biceps. For me this has really helped my arms come up, so if anyone wants to try it it will work really well.

today was different i was short on time so i tried something a little different, i superseted 4 tricep excercises all at once with a 40 second break in between 2 movements. after my triceps were pump i quickly shifted over to biceps where i focused on the squeeze and pump alot slower on the negative. for me this pretty much gets some blood in the tricep before i really focuse on my biceps.

Dallas M
08-03-10, 11:29 pm
looking forward to my new sponsor and gym opening this week, resistance fitness toronto, with the help of them i will be sure to take the overall in november.

today i did some shoulders and traps, one of my strong points so i didnt blast them to hard, here is what i did today.

- warm up, side laterals ( light ) x 5
- dumbell press x5
- rear delt flyes x 4
- behind the back cable side laterals ( cheating to one side ) x 3 with dropset
- standing barbell press x 3
- dumbell shrugs x 3
- cable trap pullups x 3

Mr.Strand
08-11-10, 9:05 pm
you should update more often haha. whens resistance opening up ?

C.Coronato
08-12-10, 9:39 am
Awesome bro. Some dudes you should check out. Two Universal Athletes in Canada:

Antoine Vaillant -- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=32262

Tony Searle -- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=31913

Dallas M
08-14-10, 2:02 am
hey guys sorry i havent been updating i have been busy cooking and hanging out at my new gym resistance all day.

Coronato, please dont get me started on Vaillant he is one of my top 3 favorite bodybuilders and has probably given me the most motivation to look like him.

As for training i started going a little heavier now that i am back to my eating regements of 6 - 8 meals a day.

Today was legs heres what went down ..

- leg extensions (3 light) (3 heavy) with stretching in between
- hack squats x 4 with dropset from 3 plates down to one
- barbell lunges x 4

- hamstring curls x 4 with drop set on last set
- straight leg deadlifts x 4

- standing calf raises (superset with) seated one leg calf raises.

Just like to give a quick shout out to my friend Christine Timmins who is competing in the womens figure next week, she looks really good and has been going crazy on her diet, hopefully she can hold on 5 more days until she takes the womens overall.

B. Rowe
08-14-10, 11:24 am
How are the gains coming?

Dallas M
08-15-10, 2:50 pm
at first i noticed i was getting alot bigger with alot of water and then i noticed i stopped putting on water and started to get dense and round with the same weight. overall im pretty happy, i would like to have been 210 by the time i started dieting but it looks like ill be 200- 205 at most.

Today is chest, heres whats going down ..

- incline barbell press x 5 (drop set on last set)
- flat dumbell press x 4 (heavy 5-6)
- incline flyes x 3
- hammer strength flat press (medium volume)
- low cable crossovers (superset with) dips

Tony
09-08-10, 5:14 pm
looking forward to my new sponsor and gym opening this week, resistance fitness toronto, with the help of them i will be sure to take the overall in november.

today i did some shoulders and traps, one of my strong points so i didnt blast them to hard, here is what i did today.

- warm up, side laterals ( light ) x 5
- dumbell press x5
- rear delt flyes x 4
- behind the back cable side laterals ( cheating to one side ) x 3 with dropset
- standing barbell press x 3
- dumbell shrugs x 3
- cable trap pullups x 3

Where is this gym in toronto man. Im in the T dot all the time.

Dallas M
10-26-10, 10:33 pm
hey tony the gym is located in scarborough right at the corner of kingston rd and midland rd
if you ever wanna train or get some filming done id love to get a training session at the gym.