PDA

View Full Version : I definately see 400 in my near future!!!!

charlievanriper
07-28-10, 10:21 am
ya know I do believe I could be sporting a T-shirt that says "the 400lb bench Club" before the end of the year, Now that would be something to brag and rave about dont ya think. A 52 year old guy at 180 lbs 100% All Natural busting out a 400 lb Bench Press !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C.Coronato
07-28-10, 10:23 am
Hell yea! Make sure you get vids brotha!!

charlievanriper
07-28-10, 10:29 am
Brother I'll be posting regular video's from 350 on up.

Aggression
07-28-10, 10:40 am
Brother I'll be posting regular video's from 350 on up.

in for videos. good luck, C.

JUGGERNAUT
07-28-10, 11:10 am
do it up

G Diesel
07-28-10, 11:19 am
That is an awesome milestone to work towards, Charlie.

Good luck on your conquest of 4 pies.

Peace, G

charlievanriper
07-28-10, 1:26 pm
Misfit gave me this inspiration after hitting 325, he said that 400 was in the future now I believe its possible. Hell I started this run with just the idea of hitting 350 again lol, now my brothers have me convinced I can hit the big one.

So ya its on baby!!!!!

thx G
Misfit
jug
Aggression
Christian TTL
I wont let you guys down!!!

machineman
07-28-10, 3:11 pm
Good luck Charlie!! You got this.

prowrestler
07-28-10, 4:22 pm
train smart and itll come. theres many bench programs to help you out also

scals
07-28-10, 5:00 pm
Getting lean with thermadrene and specialized, and rockin 400. Thats gonna be damn impressive!

charlievanriper
07-28-10, 5:06 pm
Getting lean with thermadrene and specialized, and rockin 400. Thats gonna be damn impressive!

Ha Ha yep, You guys are gonna have to get SP to do that sleeveless T shirt or Tank for me ha ha. Thx Scals just a repping SP baby!!!

charlievanriper
07-29-10, 3:25 am
I have decided a new name and a new thread, Misfit sent me a messege and refered to me as a Freak and I love it yes its true, so tomorrow look for my new Journey thread!

The written commitment has been signed, The challenge has been laid down at my feet and the New Journey has begun!!!

Tomorrow Look for the New Post " A Freak of Nature Answers the Challenge!

Everyone Has gotten a post about this "I think "

prowrestler
07-29-10, 3:26 pm
u should post videos in the "pit" section and get some tips from competitive benchers. you can probably take 400 sooner then you'd think after some advise like that.

charlievanriper
07-29-10, 3:41 pm
Thx Pro will do first beginning Vid should be after Chest day next week. This week after a few warmup sets I ran it from 305x1 with my spotter with me, 315x1, then jumped to a single 325. My spotter said I had another in me, but I had alot more heavy work ahead of me with Inclines and Declines then DB finishers, so I walked away just happy that I pushed my heart out with that 325.

Big C
07-29-10, 4:21 pm
Carb up with several 5-layer burritos and get under that bar son!!!!

charlievanriper
07-29-10, 4:23 pm
Carb up with several 5-layer burritos and get under that bar son!!!!

LOL Yay Taco Bell

Big C
07-29-10, 4:52 pm
LOL Yay Taco Bell

Border Patrol. You're the big man in Arizona so keep those illegals under control!!!

charlievanriper
07-30-10, 1:18 am
Todays session was unbelievable, but anyways I wanted to say I have a good friend that trains Athletes and does Powerlifting and He says not to settle with 405, but he believes I have 425 in me and said today he will push me to that number and will not let me settle, so crap it looks like I am in for some serious workouts. I know this sounds crazy, and I hope you guys understand to me its totally freaking insane but all you guys believe I can hit it and Cid believes I can hit it and all my friends that are heavy lifters and Powerlifters all believe its a reachable goal so yes deep inside me I know and believe I can do it, but on the surface I am shaking like a leaf at the thought and sound of that to me "astonomical number".

Well I am off to bed I have Shoulders and Tri's tomorrow and my Back needs a lot of rest.

Cid says if I want to reach this I have to put as much emphasis on my Back as I put on my Chest and of course I agree with him so today was that start, a dual journey for a huge back and a Huge Bench lol a whole lot of Huge going on around here lol!!!!!!!!!

prowrestler
07-30-10, 1:30 am
dont forget strong as fuck triceps.

charlievanriper
08-05-10, 9:32 am
I'm only 70 lbs away so far!!!

Current Max PR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHrwCVh6bo8

charlievanriper
08-05-10, 10:41 am
Chest with a Couple Brother’s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu, August, 5, 2010

3 whole eggs for BK, with Coffee

4oz steak and 3 whole eggs for lunch

protien shake pre w/o

Other than Dustin working my Back & Trap day, we all did Chest work.
Intra the same as always - Carb Max, leucine, Creatine

After warming up with RC work 4 sets asst’d RC exercises .
Started with
Barbell Bench Press - 135×1, 185×1, 205×1, 225×2, 275×4, 315×1 ( on second rep the bar started slipping and I did not want to waste energy on another rep) 327.5×2
Barbell Incline Press - 245×5, 250×4
Barbell Decline Press - 275×6, 285×4, 295×2

Then We hit Dumbbell work
DB Incline Press - 110×6, 110×5, (tryed 115 but was to cooked )
DB Flat Bench - 120×5, 120×2

Finishing work
HS Decline Press - 2ppsx20, 2ppsx18
Freemotion Machine Crossovers
High - 60×20
Mid - 60×20
Low- 60×16

This proceeded all my videos I posted on my Video log thread, ( which I guess was a bad Idea so I am going to stop posting thier and as well as this thread and only run 1 thread, The hell with it I thought it was a good Idea.

Cooked -Cooked - Cooked
Imedieately after -
post training Shake ( 2 scoops whey ISO, water, Carb max, Leucine, Creatine) MAX/GXL, EPA oil Cap,

Dinner - Grilled Cheese with ham and tomato, onions, 2 whole eggs, small Salad
9pm - 3 whole Eggs
12 midnight 2 tbl PB ( I was up late loading Videos)

BamBam
08-05-10, 5:59 pm
ya know I do believe I could be sporting a T-shirt that says "the 400lb bench Club" before the end of the year, Now that would be something to brag and rave about dont ya think. A 52 year old guy at 180 lbs 100% All Natural busting out a 400 lb Bench Press !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey bro... if you need help hitting this PR, then shoot me a PM. Just recently got certified as a powerlifter and my bench has jumped like crazy.

charlievanriper
03-30-13, 3:28 am
Wow I remember that day lol, well being in and out of Contest prep I sure hve not hit this PR or anything close these days :)

charlievanriper
03-31-13, 4:10 pm
Hey bro... if you need help hitting this PR, then shoot me a PM. Just recently got certified as a powerlifter and my bench has jumped like crazy.

Brother, I am going to continue the Journey thru my old thread A-Freak-Answers-the-Challenge-A-Rising-Beast
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?32641-quot-A-Freak-Answers-the-Challenge-A-Rising-Beast-quot&highlight=

hope to see you guys come stop in occasionally

JHOORNSTRA
03-31-13, 11:45 pm
Nice, Get it

JHo