PDA

View Full Version : The Animal Cookie V. 2.0

AntoineV
07-28-10, 6:37 pm
This is an upgraded version of the original animal cookie (who was just dehydrated microwaved oatmeal mixed with splenda)... I tried to keep the recipie as natural as possible and there is no sugar at all in it. It is also high in monoinsaturated fats and fiber, making it good for cholesterol.

Ingredients :

1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
10g splenda
1/2 cup natural almond butter
1 egg
1/4 cup eggwhites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 :

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover baking sheets with aluminium foil, then coat the foil with PAM.

2 :

In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and baking powder. In a large bowl, mix splenda and the natural almond butter until uniform. Beat in the egg, eggwhites and vanilla. Mix in the flour and oat mixture until just combined. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (or as you wish) onto the prepared baking sheets, at least 2 1/2 inches apart.

3 :

Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes (varies on the sizes of the cookies), or until edges turn golden. Cool, then peel cookies fof with your fingers. Be sure to re-spray baking sheets with PAM if you do more than one batch.

Nutritional info for one whole batch :

CARBOHYDRATES : 103 g

Fiber : 29 g
Sugar : 5g

FATS : 71 g

Saturated : 9 g

PROTEIN : 56g

Total calories : 1275

The ammount of calories per cookie depends on how many you make. 8 cookies would be 160 calories per cookie.

ENJOY! good for a carry on snack with a protein shake when it's time to add mass, without gaining mass. A good quality cookie with natural ingredients that are actually good for you.

The Misfit
07-28-10, 10:20 pm
This is a proper cookie.

I'll be busy with these this weekend.

Thanks for the recipe Antoine.

AntoineV
07-29-10, 1:45 am
ENJOY! good for a carry on snack with a protein shake when it's time to add mass, without gaining mass. A good quality cookie with natural ingredients that are actually good for you.

I meant without gaining FAT... because there is no sugar in there. This cookie can actually be a good source of carbohydrates and fats.

AntoineV
07-29-10, 1:46 am
This is a proper cookie.

I'll be busy with these this weekend.

Thanks for the recipe Antoine.

No problem bro!

JasonG
07-29-10, 3:14 am
Nice! Thanks for this.

charlievanriper
07-29-10, 3:29 am
Dammmmmmmm I'm coookin cookie this weekend lol
Thx Antoine

This is an upgraded version of the original animal cookie (who was just dehydrated microwaved oatmeal mixed with splenda)... I tried to keep the recipie as natural as possible and there is no sugar at all in it. It is also high in monoinsaturated fats and fiber, making it good for cholesterol.

Ingredients :

1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
10g splenda
1/2 cup natural almond butter
1 egg
1/4 cup eggwhites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 :

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cover baking sheets with aluminium foil, then coat the foil with PAM.

2 :

In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and baking powder. In a large bowl, mix splenda and the natural almond butter until uniform. Beat in the egg, eggwhites and vanilla. Mix in the flour and oat mixture until just combined. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (or as you wish) onto the prepared baking sheets, at least 2 1/2 inches apart.

3 :

Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes (varies on the sizes of the cookies), or until edges turn golden. Cool, then peel cookies fof with your fingers. Be sure to re-spray baking sheets with PAM if you do more than one batch.

Nutritional info for one whole batch :

CARBOHYDRATES : 103 g

Fiber : 29 g
Sugar : 5g

FATS : 71 g

Saturated : 9 g

PROTEIN : 56g

Total calories : 1275

The ammount of calories per cookie depends on how many you make. 8 cookies would be 160 calories per cookie.

LT
07-29-10, 4:19 am
Omg,Bodybuilding forces me to learn how to bake cookies. thanks man.

Grue
07-29-10, 5:40 am
Think i'll need to call in the girlfriend, before I burn down the kitchen on this one

is this like cookies you keep in the box or fridge? Basicly what I'm asking; Can I make a bunch on the weekend to eat through the week?

mritter3
07-29-10, 8:26 am
thanks for the great recipe man...def. looking forward to trying this one out.

naturalguy
07-29-10, 9:36 am
Sounds good

G Diesel
07-29-10, 9:44 am
Mmmm cookies... Thanks for the innovation Antoine.

Peace, G

AntoineV
07-29-10, 12:50 pm
Think i'll need to call in the girlfriend, before I burn down the kitchen on this one

is this like cookies you keep in the box or fridge? Basicly what I'm asking; Can I make a bunch on the weekend to eat through the week?

Don't have to put them in the fridge. Just ziploc bags or tupperware is fine.

AntoineV
07-29-10, 12:55 pm
Variations :

V.2.1

Instead of natural almond butter, if you can use natural peanut butter... but you will increase the ammount of saturated fats and reduce the monoinsaturated fats. Carbs will increase also.

V.2.2

If you want a very low fat version it's possible. You need to replace the natural almond butter with unsweetened MOTT'S apple purée... I didnt try this yet, but the apple purée will replace the almond butter as a fixing agent... I don't exactly know the quantity yet.. I will try it soon and get back to you guys. I'd suggest trying half a cup at first..

AntoineV
07-29-10, 12:57 pm
Mmmm cookies... Thanks for the innovation Antoine.

Peace, G

No problem. Glad you guys like it.

Sphinx
08-30-10, 11:23 am
Is the splenda necessary?

AntoineV
08-31-10, 1:07 am
Is the splenda necessary?

It replaces the sugar... it's mainly for taste. I don't know if the cookie will hold together as well though. Probably. Try it out... if it doesnt stick as well incorporate some apple sauce

Sphinx
08-31-10, 5:35 pm
It replaces the sugar... it's mainly for taste. I don't know if the cookie will hold together as well though. Probably. Try it out... if it doesnt stick as well incorporate some apple sauce

Tried it out last night with a few modifications. The cookies came out rather decent, tasteless, but so far they haven't sent me to the toilet and I'm going to stick with my recipe and make adjustments. Here is what I did;

1 cup quick oats (Used it)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (Used it)
1/2 teaspoon salt (Used it)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Used it)

10g splenda (Had none and forgot to buy it, I used a teaspoon of sugar instead. I think next time I might use more. If this is the agent that binds the others together then I probably should have used more because although the cookies did clump together, there was a bit of crumbling)

1/2 cup natural almond butter (I made my own. Don't know if this would of had affected anything. I basically took a cup of almonds, roasted them in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes. Then I put them through a food processor for another 10 minutes or so. By then, the oils were released and it turned into a buttery like texture)

1 egg (Used it)

1/4 cup eggwhites (I accidentally bought liquid whole eggs instead of liquid egg whites. In reality I probably ended up using 2 eggs. Not sure what this did or didn't do to the finished product, I'll make sure to use egg whites next time)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Used it)

The batter itself was not wet and somewhat dry. It clumped together very well and I was able to mold small, burger-like cookies from it. When I cooked it, it didn't spread out or anything, it stayed in its patty form. Like I mentioned about, the taste was bland but good enough to digest. I ended up drizzling some honey over them for a bit of flavour. Overall I think it was a success and I'd like to thank Antoine for the recipe.