PDA

View Full Version : Full Body Workout working surprisingly well.

Sean_Warrior
07-29-10, 7:46 am
Just thought id post this up here.

after a long time using a 4 days split i was a bit aprihensive about doing a workout like this.

But it has been really productive. ive come out of the rut i was in the Chest and Arms.

Im doing the routine in a HIT fashion using Forced, Negatives and Drop sets where needed.

a sample workout out would be.

1-2 warm ups sets before compound movements

Incline Press - x2 Sets 6-10 reps
Flat Flys - x2 Sets 6-10rep
Chins - x2 Sets 6-failure
Barbell Row - x2 sets - 4-6reps
Smith Machine OH Press - x2 Sets 6-8 reps
DB Seated Lat raise - x2 sets 6-8 reps
Barbell Curl - x2 Sets 6-8 reps
Close Grip - x2 sets 6-8 reps
Leg Ext - x2 sets 10-15reps
Toe raises - x4 50-100

This seems alot but with the sets and the shortended rest periods it doesnt take that long. with a workout partner this take me about 45-50 mins.

The exercieses ive been changing every workout. swapping incline for flat, barbells for dumbells etc.

this has been working pretty well for me, ive been doing monday,thursday and sunday leaving 2 days rest time with it. if ive workout in the am, i have only left 1 day on some occassions if im recovered enough.

is anyone else doing something similar and getting decent results???

C.Coronato
07-29-10, 10:16 am
Welcome my man. If it works for you, then thats all the matters. Everyone is different. Glad to see your doing well with it tho.

suicidegripme
07-29-10, 6:50 pm
I went from doing a Westside style split to a body part split and my gains have gotten better. A big change is always nice both physically and mentally. I was getting tired of lifing heavy weights all the time (lower back was getting beat to sh*t too) and the change really got me motivated to start lifting again. Glad you found something that works for you too!

aussie bulk
07-29-10, 8:34 pm
Just thought id post this up here.

after a long time using a 4 days split i was a bit aprihensive about doing a workout like this.

But it has been really productive. ive come out of the rut i was in the Chest and Arms.

Im doing the routine in a HIT fashion using Forced, Negatives and Drop sets where needed.

a sample workout out would be.

1-2 warm ups sets before compound movements

Incline Press - x2 Sets 6-10 reps
Flat Flys - x2 Sets 6-10rep
Chins - x2 Sets 6-failure
Barbell Row - x2 sets - 4-6reps
Smith Machine OH Press - x2 Sets 6-8 reps
DB Seated Lat raise - x2 sets 6-8 reps
Barbell Curl - x2 Sets 6-8 reps
Close Grip - x2 sets 6-8 reps
Leg Ext - x2 sets 10-15reps
Toe raises - x4 50-100

This seems alot but with the sets and the shortended rest periods it doesnt take that long. with a workout partner this take me about 45-50 mins.

The exercieses ive been changing every workout. swapping incline for flat, barbells for dumbells etc.

this has been working pretty well for me, ive been doing monday,thursday and sunday leaving 2 days rest time with it. if ive workout in the am, i have only left 1 day on some occassions if im recovered enough.

is anyone else doing something similar and getting decent results???

errrr..... you're missing the lower part of your body there mate. In order for it to be full body, surely it would entail all the major muscle groups......... (read legs)

Sean_Warrior
07-30-10, 3:29 am
Its a deliberate thing to not do legs. There already super huge, they're probably my best body part along with back. I do however throw some Leg Press or Squats in every 3rd workout just to maintain what ive already built up.

scals
07-31-10, 5:00 pm
Thats a very interesting approach. But like Christian said, if it works for you thats awesome!

PORTERHOUSE
07-31-10, 8:30 pm
I generally operate off a 4 or 5 day split, but every now and then I like to run a full body routine for 4-5 weeks to shake things up. The one I use is something I designed, but utilizes a 20-rep squat to begin each session, and focuses 100% on compound movements, done 3 X a week. Every time I have done it all my lifts have gone up dramatically, and I always have made solid mass gains. When I switch back to normal splits, its like they're completely new as well. I make new gains again. Its amazing how completely changing my training for a few weeks can make such a difference.