PDA

View Full Version : The CAGE Event: Sgt Rock vs. Big D in the Deadlift Showdown

Sgt Rock
07-30-10, 8:24 pm
That's right! For the thousands that have been following my DL thread, you should be stoked in knowing that the DL will be represented in grand fashion in the Cage, in a way that only Animal could possibly do!

Tell me what you guys want to see

A big raw lift
A big geared lift
with
heavy bent rows 405 for reps no straps
and or
stiff leg dls 6 plates for reps

any ideas?

What an honor to be back. God bless.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

Nix0r
07-30-10, 8:36 pm
Big geared. I want to see the biggest numbers possible thrown, Rock!

I'll fuckin' be there.

Flash419
07-30-10, 9:41 pm
Big geared. I want to see the biggest numbers possible thrown, Rock!

I'll fuckin' be there.

Agreed... X 2!!

BamBam
07-31-10, 12:32 pm
A BIIIGGGGGG salute to you Rock... I will be waiting to see you lift again.. I vote for a big GEAR lift... but whatever you do bro I'll be there cheering

IN IRON,
BB-

Mr. Dead
07-31-10, 12:56 pm
A big RAW lift!!!

Beach91
07-31-10, 3:28 pm
Id love to see the SLDLs with Big Weight!

Vaze_06
07-31-10, 4:11 pm
A big RAW lift!!!

x2

Thrawn
07-31-10, 4:49 pm
Big RAW lift!

Maccabee
07-31-10, 9:38 pm
I want to see a massive lift Sgt Rock and please have videos!

Northman
08-01-10, 1:04 pm
Huge RAW lift!

C.Coronato
08-02-10, 10:33 am
RAW all the way!

mritter3
08-02-10, 10:37 am
def. gotta go with a huge Raw lift....def. an honor to have you back in the cage Rock..missed ya at the arnold man...def. hope to catch a video of this...gonna be sweet.

JUGGERNAUT
08-02-10, 10:40 am
sweet

rev8ball
08-02-10, 10:59 am
That's right! For the thousands that have been following my DL thread, you should be stoked in knowing that the DL will be represented in grand fashion in the Cage, in a way that only Animal could possibly do!

Tell me what you guys want to see

A big raw lift
A big geared lift
with
heavy bent rows 405 for reps no straps
and or
stiff leg dls 6 plates for reps

any ideas?

What an honor to be back. God bless.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

Holy shit! The madness has returned!
Can't wait to see ya, bro....

naturalguy
08-02-10, 1:13 pm
Looking forward to this. Rock lifting on his home turf, the return of The Cage at the O. It's going to be a big weekend.

Mr. Dead
08-02-10, 1:26 pm
Looking forward to this. Rock lifting on his home turf, the return of The Cage at the O. It's going to be a big weekend.

It keeps getting better and better...

Sgt Rock
08-05-10, 8:49 pm
I could just do all of the things listed, and I just might......how about that?!

Rev was born and raised here, between he and I we will ensure everyone has a good time, just ask.

Semper Fi

BamBam
08-05-10, 8:55 pm
I could just do all of the things listed, and I just might......how about that?!

Rev was born and raised here, between he and I we will ensure everyone has a good time, just ask.

Semper Fi

Awesome mentality bro.. I change my vote to RAW lift... Can't wait to see vids of this

IN IRON
BB-

rev8ball
08-06-10, 12:56 am

Semper Fi

Damn skippy! Ready to tear up our back yard, Animal Style?

J-Dawg
08-08-10, 1:10 pm
Can't wait to see what Sgt. Rock has in store for The Cage at the O.

deanna7272
08-09-10, 9:33 am
We missed you this year at The Cage...

I remember quite clearly seeing your last attempt and I know you're ready... Bring on that RAW lift...

boyer77
08-11-10, 12:12 pm
It will be good to be in the presence of another former Marine! Two Sgt's in the same cage... oh the possibilities!!!

Sgt Rock
08-13-10, 8:49 pm
It will be good to be in the presence of another former Marine! Two Sgt's in the same cage... oh the possibilities!!!

Oh my...is mayhem Leatherneck!

Deanna I missed you and all the guys as well, consider this as

IM BAAAAAACK!

Semper Fi

NickW
08-19-10, 12:13 pm
Looking forward to seeing you back in the cage Rock!

G Diesel
08-19-10, 12:23 pm
Good to hear the rock will be back where he belongs--doing work in The Cage.

See you in Vegas my brother.

Peace, G

Sgt Rock
08-25-10, 1:04 am
Thanks guys, and gals! I am looking forward too it more than you can imagine.

God bless

Semper Fi

Aggression
08-25-10, 9:29 am
Sgt Rock in the Cage at the O. I like it. Let's see a big RAW deadlift.

Sgt Rock
09-01-10, 12:46 am
I always though 725 and 765 looked good on a DL bar, loaded with 45's instead of the 100's, agree? Who pulled this week? Results?

I think pulling heavy, sets of fives and threes, of a 2-3 inch box, or even standing on a 100 lb plate is one of the best excercises for start strength, lockout power, and grip strength, reason? Time under tension. The stroke is longer, strengthening the entire pull, start to finish. Give it a try!

Semper Fi

BamBam
09-01-10, 10:52 am
I always though 725 and 765 looked good on a DL bar, loaded with 45's instead of the 100's, agree? Who pulled this week? Results?

I think pulling heavy, sets of fives and threes, of a 2-3 inch box, or even standing on a 100 lb plate is one of the best excercises for start strength, lockout power, and grip strength, reason? Time under tension. The stroke is longer, strengthening the entire pull, start to finish. Give it a try!

Semper Fi

I agree... more 45's the better.

I agree man, pulling from a box sucks.. but it is a staple for my deadlifting work.

Havent got to pull this week yet, but I finally broke the 800 barrier this month on reverse band deads. I'll fill those shoes one day man.. God Bless and STAY STRONG!

IN IRON,
BB-

Universal Rep
09-02-10, 5:19 pm
hahaah lets get it thennnnnnnnnnnn

Start ur thread and call the sarge out...

Mr. Dead
09-02-10, 5:20 pm

Oh hell... Gotta see this!!!

Big D
09-03-10, 9:37 am

was never much for talkin trash when it comes to lifting...on the football field a different story.. but in the gym i let my lifts talk for themselves...;)

Sgt Rock
09-04-10, 5:57 am

Do you think that would be a good idea?

Semper Fi

rev8ball
09-06-10, 3:33 am

Semper Fi

Oooh shit, the Marine has landed!

*runs for cover*

Big D
09-07-10, 8:50 am

Semper Fi

i mean... it sounded like a good idea

Sgt Rock
09-07-10, 11:28 am
Well then, im all ears.

All your going to need to bring to the Cage are:

a belt

a one ply suit ( no squat diapers or bullet proof triple ply shit), no briefs, keep it simple, a ONE ply suit,

yourself

maybe some chalk and talk

We will work up conventional and sumo for a bit, add a belt, then maybe even wear a one ply suit. This will best decide the winner and keep gear to a minimum, which is what I and the fans want, whoever wins will lift the most weight, ON EVEN GROUND. The best pullers can pull both styles, this wont change here, maybe work up to or over at least 600 both styles, then choose your personal style.

I have done this in the Cage 7 years, I welcome the challenge more than you could possibly ever know, although many on hear know what's on my mind, it will become apparent soon enough.

There was a thread a while back on what the fans wanted, most said raw, some said gear, ALL I have spoke to are opposed to excessive gear, soo.......some raw, sumo and conventional, with and without a belt, and then some one ply gear stuff, wont be hard to decide the winner. The challenge was issued to me, the fans decided the rules, and those rules are the ones THAT I WANT as well, soo.....consider if official, unless corporate says different which I am sure they wont. I should get the priviledge on the final say on the rules, that shouldnt even have to be spoken, all I have to say is, thank you, thank you, for igniting my fire................ask Eric Downey or Rev8Ball for...........the rest of the story. I will be bringing it, quote me. I wish all involved good health coming into and leaving the event.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

BamBam
09-07-10, 11:35 am
Well then, im all ears.

a belt

a one ply suit ( no squat diapers or bullet proof triple ply shit), no briefs, keep it simple, a ONE ply suit,

yourself

We will work up conventional and sumo for a bit, add a belt, then maybe even wear a one ply suit. This will best decide the winner and keep gear to a minimum, which is what I and the fans want, whoever wins will lift the most weight, ON EVEN GROUND. The best pullers can pull both styles, this wont change here, maybe work up to or over at least 600 both styles, then choose your personal style.

I have done this in the Cage 7 years, I welcome the challenge more than you could possibly ever know, although many on hear know what's on my mind, it will become apparent soon enough.

There was a thread a while back on what the fans wanted, most said raw, some said gear, ALL I have spoke to are opposed to excessive gear, soo.......some raw, sumo and conventional, with and without a belt, and then some one ply gear stuff, wont be hard to decide the winner. The challenge was issued to me, the fans decided the rules, and those rules are the ones THAT I WANT as well, soo.....consider if official, unless corporate says different which I am sure they wont. I should get the priviledge on the final say on the rules, that shouldnt even have to be spoken, all I have to say is, thank you, thank you, for igniting my fire................ask Eric Downey or Rev8Ball for...........the rest of the story. I will be bringing it, quote me. I wish all involved good health coming into and leaving the event.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

Holy God... this got me fired up!! I wish I could see this in person... wow... Good luck Rock.. bring the house down!!

Thrawn
09-07-10, 11:38 am
^-^ \m/

Oh, its on now =)
I am SO disappointed i cant be there. I would sell my left nut to witness this.

naturalguy
09-07-10, 12:31 pm
^-^ \m/

Oh, its on now =)
I am SO disappointed i cant be there. I would sell my left nut to witness this.

You should be able to see it on the webcam.

I will be there to witness this in person, it's on now!

BamBam
09-07-10, 12:34 pm

Lucky! lol... I will def be hitting up the webcam

Thrawn
09-07-10, 12:35 pm

Webcam? GREAT. Not the same, but thats at least something!

G Diesel
09-07-10, 12:59 pm
A moment from The Cage I will never forget is Sgt. Rock, a day or two after doing a full deadlift exhibition and yanking 700+, walking into The Cage after a kid in the crowd called out McFly and Bobby Fields who each just pulled 405 for a ton of reps in the first Pros vs Bros.

Rock steps up with toothpick in mouth and still wearing his Animal Dickies--shirt tucked in, no gear at all, and bangs out 17 consecutive reps of 405 all to a complete dead stop on each rep. Totally impromptu and unplanned. The fucker went so hard he almost hyperventilated. It was fucking crazy. One of the most impressive random acts of strength I've ever seen.

That's who the fuck Sgt. Rock is for the uninitiated.

Peace, G

Big D
09-07-10, 1:01 pm
Well then, im all ears.

a belt

yourself

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Sarge look what you went and did... i dont need a diaper or a bullet proff vest.. all i need big boy- is my red cons and a bar with plates on it..

you can talk about how long you have done it and who i need to talk to.. but that dosent interest me... you might have been the show back in the DAY.. but now its my turn. you need to move over and make room for the kid... the next COMING.

you can make whatever rules you want...
ill have asingle ply suit.. but i dont need it.
you wanna go raw thats fine.

we can work our way up to whatever youd like.. and then youll see when the smoke clears and the chalk settles who should be talking shit and who should have their mouth shut.

see ya in vegas ;)

J-Dawg
09-07-10, 1:39 pm
Looking forward to this event fellas.

BamBam
09-07-10, 1:51 pm
Looking forward to this event fellas.

The event just got a big adrenaline shot... wow...

Universal Rep
09-07-10, 2:38 pm
The event just got a big adrenaline shot... wow...

I think this thread and/or event needs an official mediator and/or judge for Sgt Rock and/or Big D... Whatever happens I'm sure this event is gonna be sick.

BamBam
09-07-10, 2:53 pm
I think this thread and/or event needs an official mediator and/or judge for Sgt Rock and/or Big D... Whatever happens I'm sure this event is gonna be sick.

Hell, I'll do it lol. As far as judging (like the lifts) then I KNOW someone in Vegas will be down to do it and would help. My power reaches as far as the FORVM right now lol. If I had the cash I'd be in Vegas in person but right now, my funds are low and I'm saving for my Arnold road trip..

Thrawn
09-07-10, 4:32 pm
A moment from The Cage I will never forget is Sgt. Rock, a day or two after doing a full deadlift exhibition and yanking 700+, walking into The Cage after a kid in the crowd called out McFly and Bobby Fields who each just pulled 405 for a ton of reps in the first Pros vs Bros.

Rock steps up with toothpick in mouth and still wearing his Animal Dickies--shirt tucked in, no gear at all, and bangs out 17 consecutive reps of 405 all to a complete dead stop on each rep. Totally impromptu and unplanned. The fucker went so hard he almost hyperventilated. It was fucking crazy. One of the most impressive random acts of strength I've ever seen.

That's who the fuck Sgt. Rock is for the uninitiated.

Peace, G

I believe this was that momentous occasion? 'This is MY house' is what he is saying at the end i believe =) What a formidable Animal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpxGU9ORfA

Animal Rep
09-07-10, 5:18 pm
Big things could happen at the Cage. Both great athletes. Experience? or Youth? Only time will tell.

Big D
09-09-10, 11:49 am
almost 2 weeks out...
the fire is starting to burn hotter...
i made my first APPEARANCE in Columbus...
this time im going to make a STATEMENT in Vegas..
it dosent matter who is standing across from me in there..
this is my time.

Universal Rep
09-09-10, 11:50 am
almost 2 weeks out...
the fire is starting to burn hotter...
i made my first APPEARANCE in Columbus...
this time im going to make a STATEMENT in Vegas..
it dosent matter who is standing across from me in there..
this is my time.

How was it like in C-Bus brother? You amped up for this year in Vegas?

Big D
09-09-10, 11:52 am
How was it like in C-Bus brother? You amped up for this year in Vegas?

it was like no other.. having hundreds of the Animal legion out there watching and losing their fuckin minds.. it was NUTS.

Vegas is going to be second to none... the past is the past--- Vegas doesnt know whats gunna hit it

BamBam
09-09-10, 11:56 am
What are the Vegas odds on both competitors?

Universal Rep
09-09-10, 12:05 pm
it was like no other.. having hundreds of the Animal legion out there watching and losing their fuckin minds.. it was NUTS.

Vegas is going to be second to none... the past is the past--- Vegas doesnt know whats gunna hit it

That's the spirit, brother...

Universal Rep
09-09-10, 12:06 pm

You an oddsmaker?

BamBam
09-09-10, 12:12 pm
You an oddsmaker?

I am a closet gambler... I go to the horse parks here in Kentucky and bet ALL the time.. I get it from my grandfather.

rev8ball
09-09-10, 12:16 pm

I will check with my associate, Guido, downtown.....

BamBam
09-09-10, 12:57 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=33201

Might wanna check this out... ANIMAL odds...

Universal Rep
09-09-10, 12:57 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=33201

Might wanna check this out... ANIMAL odds...

Oh snap.

J-Dawg
09-09-10, 1:06 pm
What's the final decision for "gear" for this lift?
Belt + Chalk + _____?

Raw or single-ply?

G Diesel
09-09-10, 1:08 pm
What's the final decision for "gear" for this lift?
Belt + Chalk + _____?

Raw or single-ply?

As long as the boys agree so the playing field is level, the above parameters look perfect.

Peace, G

BamBam
09-09-10, 1:11 pm
As long as the boys agree so the playing field is level, the above parameters look perfect.

Peace, G

I believe they said it would be singly ply... working up raw, then adding the single ply suits. And yeah, belt/chalk. Rules were "set" by Sgt Rock and D' agreed (or it seems by his reply)

J-Dawg
09-09-10, 1:20 pm
Nice. Sounds like that's squared away then.

Sgt Rock
09-10-10, 10:29 pm
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Sarge look what you went and did... i dont need a diaper or a bullet proff vest.. all i need big boy- is my red cons and a bar with plates on it..

you can talk about how long you have done it and who i need to talk to.. but that dosent interest me... you might have been the show back in the DAY.. but now its my turn. you need to move over and make room for the kid... the next COMING.

you can make whatever rules you want...
ill have asingle ply suit.. but i dont need it.
you wanna go raw thats fine.

we can work our way up to whatever youd like.. and then youll see when the smoke clears and the chalk settles who should be talking shit and who should have their mouth shut.

see ya in vegas ;)

First off dont call me Sarge, I dont know you, its disrespectful to say that to a Sgt in the USCM, SERGEANT, ROCK OR BRENT WILL DO NICELY thanks
You havent earned the right to shoot your mouth of, you have done absolutely nothing. Your a better puller eh? Im SURE you dont want to have a contest BOTH sumo and conventional, hook grip, front grip, I have mastered the deadlift all styles. Bring your single ply suit, and make sure your lifts are clean, this is in front of thousands of people, not a federation that allows diapers and six inch high squats and hitched deadlifts. I will let me lifting do the talking, just like I have before with 11...yeah...11 world titles. If your really feeling froggy come over to the WABDL worlds in November, since your such a great puller, and take me on with judges there, I have already got you the invite WITH NO QUALIFICATION NEEDED.......just something to think about, it is after all, a DEADLIFT CONTEST. BOy I sure an hoping your pulling conventional, so we can showcase to the bodybuiding crowd what brute back strength is, at least tell me your going conventional?

Semper Fidelis, that means ALWAYS FAITHFUL
USMC

Sgt Rock
09-10-10, 10:31 pm
FYI its SINGLE PLY, warmup as needed, bar can go up, stay the same, cant go down, challenger goes first, thats HIM. 4 attempts, NORMAL DEADLIFT RULES APPLY. You finish, I start, its not a regular contest or we would have judges etc. You can take as much time as you want between reps, once you finish, I will start.......simple.

Semper Fi

BamBam
09-11-10, 11:33 am
FYI its SINGLE PLY, warmup as needed, bar can go up, stay the same, cant go down, challenger goes first, thats HIM. 4 attempts, NORMAL DEADLIFT RULES APPLY. You finish, I start, its not a regular contest or we would have judges etc. You can take as much time as you want between reps, once you finish, I will start.......simple.

Semper Fi

Hell yeah..

Sgt Rock
09-11-10, 6:28 pm
FYI its SINGLE PLY, warmup as needed, bar can go up, stay the same, cant go down, challenger goes first, thats HIM. 3 attempts, NORMAL DEADLIFT RULES APPLY. You finish, I start, its not a regular contest or we would have judges etc. You can take as much time as you want between reps, once you finish, I will start.......simple. 3 attempts as in a normal show, this will be a spectacle, fun for all, I hope everyone shows regardless of who's camp they are cheering on.

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock
USMC

I hope this years Cage is the best ever

rev8ball
09-13-10, 1:47 am
Sgt Rock
USMC

Damn skippy...... gonna tear it UP this year!

Sgt Rock
09-13-10, 4:45 am
To answer all the pms, emails and even calls I have got on this one, HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES

Keep in mind we dont have 3 judges and a sanction to hold a legit PL show so we are trying to make it as fun and as by the rules as possible

CHALLENGER GOES FIRST!!!! THREE ATTEMPS WITH SINGLE PLY GEAR, THATS ONE SUIT, NO BRIEFS, CHALK, BADY POWDER AND A BELT, NOTHING MORE, NO STRAPS, NO DIAPER SQUAT SUITS, NO DOUBLE PLY ANYTHING. THE WEIGHT CAN GO UP, OR STAY THE SAME, IT CANNOT GO DOWN, EACH COMPETITOR HAS 3 ATTEMPTS PERIOD.
BAR HAS TO BE COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT, KNEES LOCKED, SHOULDERS ERECT, NO HITCHING. THERE WILL BE 15 MINUTES BETWEEN ATTEMPTS, THATS MORE THAN PLENTY

AFTER CHALLENGER GOES, I GO. SAME RULES APPLY, I HAVE THREE ATTEMPTS IF I DECIDE I NEED THEM.

OBVIOUSLY HEAVIEST SUCCESSFUL LIFT PER THE RULES WINS, AND BECAUSE THE CHALLENGER IS GOING FIRST, I MUST PULL FIVE POUNDS MORE, AND NOT TIE EVEN IF I WEIGH LIGHTER, I WILL GIVE HIM THIS ADVANTAGE AS HE IS PULLING ALL OF HIS ATTEMPTS FIRST, THIS MORE THAN EVENS IT OUT.

ANY QUESTIONS? Its really very simple.

SOME OF THE RULES FOR DISQUALIFICATION, READ THE RULE BOOK THERE ARE MORE, THESE ARE THE BASICS

HITCHING A LIFT
NOT LOCKING THE KNEES OUT
NOT COMPLETING THE LIFT
TAKING MORE THAN 15 MINUTES BETWEEN LIFTS
DROPPING A LIFT AS OPPOSED TO BRINGING IT DOWN WITH CONTROL
SUPPPORTING THE WEIGHT ON YOUR THIGHS
NOT HOLDING IT LONG ENOUGH AT THE TOP WHILE KNEES ARE LOCKED AND SHOULDERS ERECT, JUST HOLD IT CONVINCINGLY AS IF SOMEONE WERE GIVING A DOWN SIGNAL

Those are but a few, but in the pull if you dont hitch, and lock it out all the way, knees locked out and shoulders erect, NOT back, and dont let it free fall after lockout, 99 percent of lifts will be ok.

Questions?
How can we make it better?

The one ply gear is non negotiable at this point, as is no straps.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

Sgt Rock
09-13-10, 4:46 am

Semper Fi

THIS SHOULD READ 3.....THREE ATTEMPTS AND NOT FOUR!

Semper Fi

naturalguy
09-13-10, 8:18 am
Sgt Rock
USMC

I think you will get your wish

Big D
09-13-10, 8:57 am
First off dont call me Sarge, I dont know you, its disrespectful to say that to a Sgt in the USCM, SERGEANT, ROCK OR BRENT WILL DO NICELY thanks
You havent earned the right to shoot your mouth of, you have done absolutely nothing. Your a better puller eh? Im SURE you dont want to have a contest BOTH sumo and conventional, hook grip, front grip, I have mastered the deadlift all styles. Bring your single ply suit, and make sure your lifts are clean, this is in front of thousands of people, not a federation that allows diapers and six inch high squats and hitched deadlifts. I will let me lifting do the talking, just like I have before with 11...yeah...11 world titles. If your really feeling froggy come over to the WABDL worlds in November, since your such a great puller, and take me on with judges there, I have already got you the invite WITH NO QUALIFICATION NEEDED.......just something to think about, it is after all, a DEADLIFT CONTEST. BOy I sure an hoping your pulling conventional, so we can showcase to the bodybuiding crowd what brute back strength is, at least tell me your going conventional?

Semper Fidelis, that means ALWAYS FAITHFUL
USMC

okay BRENT..
you got alot to say.. and thats fine. ill just shut you up in a week or so. you like to run your mouth about gear and about federations and this that and the other thing... but WHAT THE HAVE YOU DONE? YOU ARE A DEADLIFT SPECIALIST?!?!?!?!?!!?

you sit there for HOURS and watch EVERYONE ELSE do TWO.. YES BRENT.. TWO other lifts that COMPLETLY tax their body... while youre stitting there sipping on your gatorade. so please dont talk to me about you mastering the deadlift.

yea buddy i pull sumo and conventional although i dont train both ways.. if you want to pull both then why not lets go for it.

the WABDL? how about you talk to me about a real federation and ill be more then happy to make the trip. theres a reason its called a FULL POWER MEET.. cuz there is 3 lifts not 2... so get it right ROCK.

as far as me not being able to run my mouth...? who are you KIDDING? ive been powerlifting for 2 years BRO. youre what? 35? you have 11 world titles? how many of them still stand? cuz i know in the 2 years ive been in this game i have 8. and guess what? THEY ARE ALL STILL THERE. so dont talk to me about earning shit.

the rules are fine and i have no objections... we can pull in the parkin lot in sandals or on the Goddman Olmypia STAGE.. just so that EVERYONE,,,, YES BRENT EVERYONE can watch the "king of the deadlift" be dethrowned.

and please for your next reply.. watch your mouth.. you dont know who youre speaking to.
THANKS.

BamBam
09-13-10, 10:49 am
This thread gets me pumped up... I wana go drink LAVA or something... WHOO!!

IN IRON,
BB-

Thrawn
09-14-10, 6:16 am
Cant wait for this to go down.
Personally i dont care much for the tug-of-words that is going on right now, playful or not. Words are meaningless when it comes to the deadlift. The iron will speak instead =)
Its the gripping and ripping that will decide.
I hope for a fair and respectful display of power from both athletes. Cant be there in person, but you bet i am sitting behind the webcam when its on!

Good luck to both Sgt Rock and Big D!

Sgt Rock
09-16-10, 10:29 am
okay BRENT..
you got alot to say.. and thats fine. ill just shut you up in a week or so. you like to run your mouth about gear and about federations and this that and the other thing... but WHAT THE HAVE YOU DONE? YOU ARE A DEADLIFT SPECIALIST?!?!?!?!?!!?

you sit there for HOURS and watch EVERYONE ELSE do TWO.. YES BRENT.. TWO other lifts that COMPLETLY tax their body... while youre stitting there sipping on your gatorade. so please dont talk to me about you mastering the deadlift.

yea buddy i pull sumo and conventional although i dont train both ways.. if you want to pull both then why not lets go for it.

the WABDL? how about you talk to me about a real federation and ill be more then happy to make the trip. theres a reason its called a FULL POWER MEET.. cuz there is 3 lifts not 2... so get it right ROCK.

as far as me not being able to run my mouth...? who are you KIDDING? ive been powerlifting for 2 years BRO. youre what? 35? you have 11 world titles? how many of them still stand? cuz i know in the 2 years ive been in this game i have 8. and guess what? THEY ARE ALL STILL THERE. so dont talk to me about earning shit.

the rules are fine and i have no objections... we can pull in the parkin lot in sandals or on the Goddman Olmypia STAGE.. just so that EVERYONE,,,, YES BRENT EVERYONE can watch the "king of the deadlift" be dethrowned.

and please for your next reply.. watch your mouth.. you dont know who youre speaking to.
THANKS.

LOL...THIS ENITRE THREAD while your stewing over, boiling over guessing what my stances are on gear and what I have done in the sport, your totall making an ass of yourself.

I HAVE DONE MORE FULL MEETS THEN YOU HAVE DREAMED OF SON.....SO SHUT YOUR SOUP COOLER RIGHT THERE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I will NOT take this disrespect from someone that was but a fetus when I did my FIRST FULL POWER MEET....YEAH DID YOU READ THAT....FULL POWER MEET...SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK BOY.

Guess you kinda put your foot in your mouth didnt ya? I have blown out BOTH my pecs, as well as a grade 3 tear on my quad, torn both patella tendons, torn bicep, both rotator cuffs, and STILL keep on trucking in what it is that God allows me to do. Im down to the deadlift but damn am I good at it. I wont let YOU label me, I am whatever the fuck I want to be. NOW YOU HAVE STIRRED THE POT. As for your world titles, YOU HAVE ZERO YOU JACKASS....they only count in my book in the OPEN DIVISION, NOT THE IM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK DIVISION, so grow a set, enter the open, then we can compare world titles.

While your busy impressing your little boyfriends with you incorrect posts disrespecting your elders, I will be in the gym busting my ass, you see little D, I have been in this sport longer than you have been alive, that alone should garner respect from you, but since it doesnt, I will FORCE it on you....you asked for it.

I live in Las Vegas as well, but you know that, as you seem to know everything. So sure we can deadlift in the parking lot, or heck, your probably a world class 8 title cage fighter too, in the PG 13 division, guess I better bring backup to the show for my safety.......you lit the fire......big mistake....now you will pay. This is MY HOUSE.

Way to wuss out on the deadlift challenge of WABDL, largest SHOW IN THE COUNTRY, I do DEADLIFT SHOWS JACKASS so I dont sit and watch anyone do their lifts, I show I am the best in the one discipline God allows me to do, in your book thats a bad thing....wow, your the judge now too. You know you cannot beat me in a damn Cage much less a real show so you decided to back out of the BIGGEST POWERLIFTING EVENT OF THE YEAR, I GOT YOU IN WITH NO QUALIFITCATION. IF ITS SO EASY SIPPING GATORADE AND SO EASY TO BEAT ME, THEN YOU WOULD COME.....I GOT YOUR NUMBER, AND I GOT YOUR COLOR TOO SON.....YELLOW, its funny I googled you and got....NOTHING LOL. SO TELL ME WHY WONT YOU DO THE WABDL WORLDS, ITS THE ONLY LEGIT ONE LIFT DL TITLE, YOU CERTAINLY COULDNT WIN YOUR WEIGHT CLASS, SO WHY DO YOU BRAG ITS SO EASY, IS IT THE LACK OF GEAR THEY ALLOW, OR THE OTHER RULES.......ITS ON................

You got something else to say? Say it to my face, Little D. You made it personal, the gear and federations statements were true, if the shoe fits......and...your the one that got offended...so...I guess it fits, CINDARELLA.

I will have a few surprises in store in the CAGE for my FANS, including the best corner man in the biz, as well as a few things with my pull guaranteed to give you guys your moneys worth. I hope you guys learned what NOT to do here. Don't tug on supermans cape.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

U Mad Brah?
09-16-10, 10:37 am
srs thread brahonies...

BamBam
09-16-10, 10:39 am
LOL...THIS ENITRE THREAD while your stewing over, boiling over guessing what my stances are on gear and what I have done in the sport, your totall making an ass of yourself.

I HAVE DONE MORE FULL MEETS THEN YOU HAVE DREAMED OF SON.....SO SHUT YOUR SOUP COOLER RIGHT THERE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I will NOT take this disrespect from someone that was but a fetus when I did my FIRST FULL POWER MEET....YEAH DID YOU READ THAT....FULL POWER MEET...SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK BOY.

Guess you kinda put your foot in your mouth didnt ya? I have blown out BOTH my pecs, as well as a grade 3 tear on my quad, torn both patella tendons, torn bicep, both rotator cuffs, and STILL keep on trucking in what it is that God allows me to do. Im down to the deadlift but damn am I good at it. I wont let YOU label me, I am whatever the fuck I want to be. NOW YOU HAVE STIRRED THE POT. As for your world titles, YOU HAVE ZERO YOU JACKASS....they only count in my book in the OPEN DIVISION, NOT THE IM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK DIVISION, so grow a set, enter the open, then we can compare world titles.

While your busy impressing your little boyfriends with you incorrect posts disrespecting your elders, I will be in the gym busting my ass, you see little D, I have been in this sport longer than you have been alive, that alone should garner respect from you, but since it doesnt, I will FORCE it on you....you asked for it.

I live in Las Vegas as well, but you know that, as you seem to know everything. So sure we can deadlift in the parking lot, or heck, your probably a world class 8 title cage fighter too, in the PG 13 division, guess I better bring backup to the show for my safety.......you lit the fire......big mistake....now you will pay. This is MY HOUSE.

Way to wuss out on the deadlift challenge of WABDL, largest SHOW IN THE COUNTRY, I do DEADLIFT SHOWS JACKASS so I dont sit and watch anyone do their lifts, I show I am the best in the one discipline God allows me to do, in your book thats a bad thing....wow, your the judge now too. You know you cannot beat me in a damn Cage much less a real show so you decided to back out of the BIGGEST POWERLIFTING EVENT OF THE YEAR, I GOT YOU IN WITH NO QUALIFITCATION. IF ITS SO EASY SIPPING GATORADE AND SO EASY TO BEAT ME, THEN YOU WOULD COME.....I GOT YOUR NUMBER, AND I GOT YOUR COLOR TOO SON.....YELLOW, its funny I googled you and got....NOTHING LOL. SO TELL ME WHY WONT YOU DO THE WABDL WORLDS, ITS THE ONLY LEGIT ONE LIFT DL TITLE, YOU CERTAINLY COULDNT WIN YOUR WEIGHT CLASS, SO WHY DO YOU BRAG ITS SO EASY, IS IT THE LACK OF GEAR THEY ALLOW, OR THE OTHER RULES.......ITS ON................

You got something else to say? Say it to my face, Little D. You made it personal, the gear and federations statements were true, if the shoe fits......and...your the one that got offended...so...I guess it fits, CINDARELLA.

I will have a few surprises in store in the CAGE for my FANS, including the best corner man in the biz, as well as a few things with my pull guaranteed to give you guys your moneys worth. I hope you guys learned what NOT to do here. Don't tug on supermans cape.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

Vegas don't know what's coming..

Sgt Rock
09-16-10, 10:41 am
My last post on this matter...

If I were going to get all flustered and call out a veteran of the sport, and claim how awesome I was, going to the MASTER division is really a daring move lol....but for that move.......its gonna cost........dearly.

Lets make it simple.

VEGAS IS MY HOME NOW, THE 702, 207, AND 617
I TRAIN IN VEGAS
I SPAR IN VEGAS, YES, I BODYGUARD MANY MMA STARS, IM BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT JOB INVOLVED IN A SPORT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE
I WORK IN VEGAS
I WIN IN VEGAS.

Semper Fi

BamBam
09-16-10, 10:44 am

If I were going to get all flustered and call out a veteran of the sport, and claim how awesome I was, going to the MASTER division is really a daring move lol....but for that move.......its gonna cost........dearly.

Lets make it simple.

I TRAIN IN VEGAS
I SPAR IN VEGAS, YES, I BODYGUARD MANY MMA STARS, IM BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT JOB INVOLVED IN A SPORT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE
I WORK IN VEGAS
I WIN IN VEGAS.

Semper Fi

If you don't mind me asking, who all have u been a bodygaurd for? Pretty cool how guys who are that well trained in fighting come to you for protection... That says alot in itself.

U Mad Brah?
let teh liftin do ur talkin brahonies... words typed up in teh absence of teh lifting = teh weaksauce

Big D

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

You think your stances and or gear matters to me? It doesn’t. you think the fact that your old has any value to me? It doesn’t. you did your first full meet when I wasn’t born? You want a medal? Can I control that? NO- so who’s the jackass?
I don’t care about your injuries. They mean nothing to me. Just like my injuries should mean nothing to you. So if youd like to go around and bitch and moan about them be my guest. But I don’t care.
And no, because you’ve been around the sport longer doesn’t garner respect. RESPECT ISNT GIVEN ITS EARNED- and SORRY BRENT you havnt earned shit in my book.
Who said anything about cage fighting?? Haha whos all worked up now?
You keep calling out my age like I have control over that- which is funny. Cuz im not calling you out for being an old fuck cuz you were born in the 70s am i? no so how about- if youre gunna run your mouth you do it over something that can be controlled.
Who backed out of anything? When/where is this “WABDL” meet?
How about you squat before you pull? And well see what a “great” deadlifter you are.
You have my number? My color? That’s a joke. And talking to your face? You started this by running your mouth OVER A FORUM. I made perfectly clear that I don’t like to talk.. but you went and opened your mouth.. and hey that’s fine. Whatever you gotta do to sleep at night.
But im all set. You and this stupid back and forth garbage is a waste of my time.
You take your surprises, your “corner man” and your other things and shove em’.
I don’t need shit to beat you.
As far as Superman’s cape? I don’t have to tug on it if im wearing it.
See you in Vegas.

Big D
09-16-10, 10:46 am

Lets make it simple.

I TRAIN IN VEGAS
I WORK IN VEGAS
I WIN IN VEGAS.

Semper Fi

ALL THIS COSTING NONSENSE. just stop talking OVER THE COMPUTER and do your talking ON THE PLATFORM. end of story.

i dont care what you do, where your from or where you live.

DO YOUR TALKING ON THE PLATFORM.

U Mad Brah?
09-16-10, 10:53 am
wat ever happend to two good brahs lifting together for teh comraderie of teh cage... tis seems too srs brahs...

save teh drama for my dollarama brahs.

G Diesel
09-16-10, 11:01 am
Whatever happened to standing nose to nose and going all out, honoring your opponent and the spirit of competition?

You raise your game and I raise mine and from that we both grow and everyone that witnesses it walks away inspired.

I know we live in a WWE UFC world where shit talking is a sport in and of itself but in my opinion that game is lame.

The caliber and credentials of the two athletes involved are so legit that I feel like this back and forth, while entertaining, undermines them and The Cage.

Peace, G

U Mad Brah?
09-16-10, 11:44 am
talkin pwns liftin brahs

Beowulf
09-16-10, 11:56 am
Whatever happened to standing nose to nose and going all out, honoring your opponent and the spirit of competition?

You raise your game and I raise mine and from that we both grow and everyone that witnesses it walks away inspired.

I know we live in a WWE UFC world where shit talking is a sport in and of itself but in my opinion that game is lame.

The caliber and credentials of the two athletes involved are so legit that I feel like this back and forth, while entertaining, undermines them and The Cage.

Peace, G

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Perhaps this is a time honored practice among powerlifters, this kind of colorful back and forth.

d1sc1ple
09-16-10, 2:36 pm
Man I will be happy whether it is RAW or Geared, I appreciate any type of big lift, GOOD LUCK and Lift SAFE Gents.

U Mad Brah?
09-16-10, 3:18 pm
fun police check brahs... way too srs in here brahonies...

Aggression
09-16-10, 3:20 pm
Shut up and Lift.

JUGGERNAUT
09-16-10, 3:24 pm
I would not be surprised if both you guys hating on each other become best friends after this weekend. We are all from a similar mold and fighting with our own is just wrong.

Big C
09-16-10, 4:10 pm
I've competed in (2) Cage competitions over the past couple years...won one, lost one but it was all in good fun and pointless to talk shit beforehand. The guys I were going against were pros so if I were to open my mouth that would be been have been stupid....besides, I have too much respect for Ox and House to say anything.

With that said, good luck to both participants and I'll be lookin for vids when it's all said and done.

Beowulf
09-16-10, 5:31 pm
I would not be surprised if both you guys hating on each other become best friends after this weekend. We are all from a similar mold and fighting with our own is just wrong.

Like I said, I wouldn't necessarily take what they are saying to each other at face value. I'd like to think that each has a genuinely healthy respect for the other.

Mr. Dead
09-24-10, 6:40 pm
How did this turn out...???

J-Dawg
09-24-10, 7:21 pm
How did this turn out...???

It was quite the show between the two. Big D did 776 sumo. I believe Rock did 760 conventional.

NJC_Manhattan
09-24-10, 8:01 pm
I watched it over the stream today and I gotta say, those two were lifting serious weight. Very impressive from both.

G Diesel
09-24-10, 11:25 pm
These two guys fucking killed it today. Pure strength, passion and balls... All laid on the line.

Impressive and inspiring. My favorite event of the day.

Peace, G

Seath308
09-25-10, 1:56 am
I want to see the Video!!!! I was at working during the stream ...What time did this event start???

Thrawn
09-25-10, 5:29 am
It was quite the show between the two. Big D did 776 sumo. I believe Rock did 760 conventional.

This does not tell me who won, i think? I believe that the challenge was in the same category. Either conventional or sumo.
Did Big D win sumo style and Sgt Rock the conventional style challenge?
Or did they go with their strongest style into the challenge???
...need...
...more...
...info, plzz.... =)))))

These two guys fucking killed it today. Pure strength, passion and balls... All laid on the line.

Impressive and inspiring. My favorite event of the day.

Peace, G

I have NO doubt both put it all out there. Must have been awesome to have witnessed that in person.

C.Coronato
09-25-10, 10:18 am
CRAZY event. I got video of it all. Ill have it up ASAP.

BamBam
09-25-10, 11:29 am
CRAZY event. I got video of it all. Ill have it up ASAP.

Can't wait to see this..

IN IRON,
BB-

Seath308
09-25-10, 9:59 pm
So How did they settle this feud? A hand shake or a Big fuck you? lol

kryptiq
09-25-10, 11:04 pm
Cannot wait for the vid, was at the gym when it went down =/

Maccabee
09-26-10, 11:03 pm
I went on the USTREAM link and I was able to watch it.

It was insane. Only confusing part was that Sgt Rock went 3 times, but Big D went 4 times.

Aggression
09-27-10, 8:55 am
So How did they settle this feud? A hand shake or a Big fuck you? lol

With both of them being fiercely competitive people in nature, it was serious business come game time. Once the chalk dust cleared, they put competition aside and talked shop. It was great to see two tremendous athletes face off against each other when it comes to the deadlift. Both stepped their game up big time for this event. Big D's previous best ever was ~725lbs. His last lift was around 775lbs. A HUGE 50lb PR. I'm glad I was a part of it. I recorded every lift, so once I upload them, I'll post.

Beowulf
09-27-10, 10:22 am
Was there a winner?

BamBam
09-27-10, 11:18 am
Was there a winner?

I don't know if there was a "winner" but if BIG D came out with a 50 lbs PR, that's a pretty good "win" in my book...

IN IRON,
BB-

Thrawn
09-27-10, 11:23 am
Strange that nobody knows the outcome of this event. It was a challenge. Several ppl have seen it, either live or on webcam. But no one knows the winner or if there even was one.

Beowulf
09-27-10, 11:24 am
Strange that nobody knows the outcome of this event. It was a challenge. Several ppl have seen it, either live or on webcam. But no one knows the winner or if there even was one.

Were there rules for the event? Was it a challenge or just an exhibition?

Thrawn
09-27-10, 11:33 am
Were there rules for the event? Was it a challenge or just an exhibition?

It was a challenge. Big D called out the Sgt, leading to this challenge and the Sgt laid down the rules. Both agreed on it.

Big Al
09-27-10, 11:35 am
There was some mix-up with rules and shit. The end of the day Big D pulled the most weight!!! Rock took his super suit off after his third lift and was done but D wanted to keep going and the fans wanted more so he went up to 775 and pulled that shit. D was so fired up he held the weight at the top for 20 sec and just smiled. Was a great time and Big D is a showmen for sure. He never stoped smiling and joking the whole time.

Aggression
09-27-10, 11:37 am
I thought of it as an exhibition between 2 great deadlifters. If you want specific details, in the end, Big D lifted more weight, with his final pull being somewhere in the area of 775lbs.

EDIT: What Large Allen said ^^

Thrawn
09-27-10, 11:39 am
Hmmmm. Great to see such big heart and spirit!
BUT the rules were clear. THREE lifts, not more. Who pulled the most in the third attempt?

Beowulf
09-27-10, 11:40 am
It was a challenge. Big D called out the Sgt, leading to this challenge and the Sgt laid down the rules. Both agreed on it.

Oh so there were rules, but it sounds like the rules weren't followed? Or were they? More confused than before, lol.

Thrawn
09-27-10, 11:47 am
Oh so there were rules, but it sounds like the rules weren't followed? Or were they? More confused than before, lol.

Yeah, a bit confusing. Post 69 in this thread the Sgt laid down the rules.

Beowulf
09-27-10, 11:50 am

Was there a "judge"?

Thrawn
09-27-10, 11:53 am
Was there a "judge"?

If i remember correctly, the Sgt did not see the need for a real judge to be present. The lifting would do the talking.

BamBam
09-27-10, 12:35 pm
If i remember correctly, the Sgt did not see the need for a real judge to be present. The lifting would do the talking.

Would have been very difficult to get a judge in there and do this like u would a meet, but yeah, the weights talk louder than men..

IN IRON,
BB-

NickW
09-27-10, 12:38 pm
There was some mix-up with rules and shit. The end of the day Big D pulled the most weight!!! Rock took his super suit off after his third lift and was done but D wanted to keep going and the fans wanted more so he went up to 775 and pulled that shit. D was so fired up he held the weight at the top for 20 sec and just smiled. Was a great time and Big D is a showmen for sure. He never stoped smiling and joking the whole time.

It was definitely a great show! Big D impressed the shit out of me!

Big D
09-27-10, 1:05 pm
It was definitely a great show! Big D impressed the shit out of me!

thanks Nick.. means alot coming from you brotha

Beowulf
09-27-10, 1:07 pm

So Sgt. Rock won, but Big D lifted more. That sound about right?

NickW
09-27-10, 1:14 pm
So Sgt. Rock won, but Big D lifted more. That sound about right?

rules were pretty much chucked out of the equation from the start, from my understanding.

prowrestler
09-27-10, 2:12 pm

acccording to what you just said, then BIG D won this.

if there is no judge, and the weights would say all that needs too...

BamBam
09-27-10, 2:45 pm
acccording to what you just said, then BIG D won this.

if there is no judge, and the weights would say all that needs too...

Isn't that how it usually goes down with anything? Guy who lifts more on the platform wins... so... I guess that D wins..

Oh well, it was an awesome weekend from what I hear, so no matter who "won".. these guys both grew inside and out from this.. thats a definite win to me.

IN IRON,
BB-

Seath308
09-27-10, 8:31 pm
Well In my eyes the challenge was who could Pull the most weight / who was the stronger deadlifter ... who cares if it was done in 3 or 4 lifts. Who had more weight on the bar with a complete lift is the OBVIOUS WINNER But hey that just me. GREAT WORK D!!! 775 That should help you with getting that 2600 pound total!!!

kryptiq
09-27-10, 11:13 pm
Just proud that both of these Animals can back up any talking they do, that's rare on the internet these days, nice pulls to both of em.

Big Al
09-27-10, 11:15 pm
ok this is sgt rocks rules"

a belt

a one ply suit ( no no briefs, keep it simple, a ONE ply suit,

yourself

We will work up conventional and sumo for a bit, add a belt, then maybe even wear a one ply suit. This will best decide the winner and keep gear to a minimum, which is what I and the fans want, whoever wins will lift the most weight, ON EVEN GROUND. The best pullers can pull both styles, this wont change here, maybe work up to or over at least 600 both styles, then choose your personal style.'

Then he left for 20min to go put on his (squat diapers or bullet proof triple ply shit), then rock said they couldnt pull sumo.... you see how the rules got thrown out the window...
The end of the day BigD got my respect for putting on a show for the fan and never getting rude or negitive in the cage.

Thrawn
09-28-10, 3:28 am
then rock said they couldnt pull sumo.... you see how the rules got thrown out the window...

Yes, that would settle the whole matter as far as i am concerned. If he threw out his own rules, then its all out and the last man standing with the most weight should be triomphant.
Congratulations to both athletes for putting it all out on the line and an extra congratulations to Big D for coming out on top!
Awesome display of power and will!

Big Al
09-28-10, 7:37 pm
Thrawn, You would have enjoyed it...was fun to watch.

J-Dawg
09-28-10, 9:30 pm
I think it's pretty simple, even with all of the complex rules of the event (many which were broken anyway, lol). At the end of the day, the heaviest weight lifted at the event wins which was Big D with a 776lb deadlift. Next time, Animal will have to make the rules for events that go head to head to prevent any misunderstandings.

Sgt Rock
09-29-10, 1:37 am
HOLY SHIT I come on here and what a shit storm. First off THE RULES WERE SENT TO ME BY CORPORATE.....I have the email.....it was

SINGLE PLY

3 ATTEMPTS

PULL ANY WAY YOU WANT

D said he could outlift me conventional so I rode him about it, what you guys dont know is he and I have no ill will against each other, it was a SHOW....a FUCKING SHOW guys, come on now. THe guy called my cell after the event and asked me to get him on an exlusive Vegas guest list, which I did.

As for the BS TALK about the diapers and all of that pointed in MY DIRECTION. I wore a SINGLE PLY SUIT, and chose to put it on in the bathroom as I was instructed to do so by Universal brass in the past.

As for the event......I oulifted him in 3 lifts...fair and square, he took a fourth, I chose NOT to do a fourth, what would have happened? Who knows? Lets just get this straight before this turns into a bogus thread.

UNIVERSAL SET THE RULES, THE DID NOT GO BY MY SUGGESTIONS, THE RULES WERE EMAILED TO BOTH OF US, THERE WAS NO...HEY GUYS WHAT YA THINK? IT WAS...THESE ARE THE RULES FOLLOW THEM.

Im not going to sit here and give him shit for me outlifting him conventional, yes he did say he could, and no I dont think he can.

FOR THOSE THAT COMPETE, IF YOUR GRANTED A FOURTH ATTEMPT, WHICH IS FOR A RECORD, IT DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE TOTAL......

THis wasnt a contest, was there some hitching? Bar not set down under control by him.OR EVEN ME? Who knows.......all I know is he and I wanted to give a show, and we did.

Everyone please stay on track and keep it positive, we dont hate each other, never have.

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock
09-29-10, 1:41 am
ok this is sgt rocks rules"

a belt

a one ply suit ( no no briefs, keep it simple, a ONE ply suit,

yourself

We will work up conventional and sumo for a bit, add a belt, then maybe even wear a one ply suit. This will best decide the winner and keep gear to a minimum, which is what I and the fans want, whoever wins will lift the most weight, ON EVEN GROUND. The best pullers can pull both styles, this wont change here, maybe work up to or over at least 600 both styles, then choose your personal style.'

Then he left for 20min to go put on his (squat diapers or bullet proof triple ply shit), then rock said they couldnt pull sumo.... you see how the rules got thrown out the window...
The end of the day BigD got my respect for putting on a show for the fan and never getting rude or negitive in the cage.

Hey Al.....READ MY POST BELOW...SGT ROCKS RULES WERE NOT FOLLOWED, UNIVERSAL OWNS THE CAGE, WE GO BY UNIVERSALS RULES. As for my DIAPER...dude your making me laugh. WE BOTH WORE SINGLE PLY STUFF.........come on now Al...I would expect more of you. If you had that much of an issue, next time take me aside and we can work it out bro. I have done this a very long time. SINGLE PLY BRO...POLYESTER. The VELOCITY SUIT IS IPF APPROVED, SINGLE PLY. I chose to put it on in the bathroom and it didnt take me twenty minutes to put on Al.....at least THIRTY!
As for the NEGATIVITY, we decided to put on a show as I outlined below, he and I are friends, we hyped it up. AND HAD THE MOST TALKED ABOUT PART OF THE ENTIRE WEEKEND AT THE CAGE......MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Keep training heavy Al....Looking good bro.

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock
09-29-10, 1:45 am
BIG D....

Hey bro hit me up...I misplaced your digits. GREAT PULLING bro

Im glad you were taken care of at the club.

Do you guys want to see part two? We have something in mind...if you think we can pull that much with the trash talking, how about if we

WORK TOGETHER, ANIMAL STYLE, AND GO INTO THE 800'S SUMO AND CONVENTIONAL...PLUS A LITTLE EXTRA SURPRISE HE AND I ARE WORKING ON

FOR THE ARNOLD

NOW WHO WANTS TO SEE IT........THATS RIGHT GUYS, WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER FOR THE ARNOLD, SHOULD WE HAVE THE PRIVILEDGE TO ATTEND.

Semper Fi

kryptiq
09-29-10, 1:52 am
BIG D....

Hey bro hit me up...I misplaced your digits. GREAT PULLING bro

Im glad you were taken care of at the club.

Do you guys want to see part two? We have something in mind...if you think we can pull that much with the trash talking, how about if we

WORK TOGETHER, ANIMAL STYLE, AND GO INTO THE 800'S SUMO AND CONVENTIONAL...PLUS A LITTLE EXTRA SURPRISE HE AND I ARE WORKING ON

FOR THE ARNOLD

NOW WHO WANTS TO SEE IT........THATS RIGHT GUYS, WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER FOR THE ARNOLD, SHOULD WE HAVE THE PRIVILEDGE TO ATTEND.

Semper Fi

I plan on attending the Arnold and of fucking course I wanna see it. Two awesome Animals that are already beastly working together? Sounds like a god damned stampede is about to hit Columbus in 2011.

Thrawn
09-29-10, 4:34 am
Alright then, all cleared up!
Then i have to correct: Sgt Rock, congratulations on your victory.
And for the both of you putting on a show: you had me fooled =) Glad to know you are brothers, as i should have suspected in the first place.
And now you are both teaming up?
OUT OF THIS WORLD!
I SO regret being broke, that would be so mindblowing to watch!

naturalguy
09-29-10, 8:06 am
At the end of the day this was about two great lifters, raising their game and putting on a great exhibition for the people at the expo and those watching at home on the webcam, mission accomplished. Hats off to both of these guys Sgt. Rock and Big D were great and put on great performances.

U Mad Brah?
09-29-10, 9:04 am
wutever happened to strongest lift wins brahs... end of teh day, thats all dat matters brahonies... why stop when u can lift more... if you can brahs... total weaksaucery brahonies... i tink in the eyes of teh fans, teh winner is clear brahs...

G Diesel
09-29-10, 9:07 am
It was a great event, in my opinion the best in The Cage.

I felt you guys should've kept going until there was a clear winner, instead of worrying about official rules or number of lifts. I know the word was belt + single ply (or raw) + chalk. There was never a set limit on the amount of lifts allowed in The Cage. Big D was the guy who lifted the most, Rock was welcome to attempt to better him in that case and didn't as he was adhering to traditional powerlifting meet standards.

Regardless of the drama, it was a great show. But I could do without the semantics and bullshit.

Peace, G

Big D
09-29-10, 9:08 am
cant we all just get along?!

U Mad Brah?
09-29-10, 9:14 am
cant a good brah lift till he cant go no more brahs? why quit brahs... fuck rules if ur rep is on teh line...

Big D
09-29-10, 9:28 am
girls just wanna have fuuuunnnnn

Sgt Rock
10-01-10, 1:40 am
Bottom line.....we BOTH won. WEhn you go into an event like that, ITS NOT SANCTIONED, IT DOESNT COUNT IN THE TOP 100 STANDINGS. Next time we can get a hard set of rules and a few judges and do it right, so there is no wondering who won.

I was looking to pull an 750 or so, which would make me very happy and I know D hit a BIG PR as well. I trained sumo for this cycle and smoked some big weights. I decided to switch at the end due to the challenge and it just felt so gosh darn right....picture for a minute this....

A 242 lifter, doing 810-821 CONVENTIONAL.........at a big meet, a worlds we say where its over a week of lifting

Two days later the SAME guy goes 804 SUMO........never been done in my eyes, thats a goal that im sure many would like to reach...just a though.

As for the CAGE. BIG D and I are friends and are going to help bounce ideas off each other.
We got along the most out of many in this lol. We wanted to cause a little animosity to make it intersting, dont get me wrong it was real, but.....what you didnt know as it would be over after the lifting is done.

ITs over...we BOTH won, cant we let it be at that? WE gave the fans a good show, came out uninjured, lets concentrate on the fact we were all blessed to watch world class pulling, with no injuries, and in the end, everyone hit a PR< and all had a good time.

Semper Fi
Sgt Rock
USMC

machineman
10-01-10, 7:13 am
I suspected there was some tomfoolery! But like Sgt said, everyone came away uninjured and put on a great show. Congrats to both of you!!