PDA

View Full Version : Why no pork?

Bigun
07-31-10, 11:17 pm
I was just wondering why pork is not more popular. I was looking at tenderlion macros the other day and it is was very close in fact the same as lean beef. I eat alot of chicken breast, tuna, turkey and was looking to change things up. My family likes to try to eat the same things as me for simplicty but I can see thier really not likeing the same old menu options. I know they all like pork so I thought I could try it out in my diet for a while. Just thought thier might be a good reason for it not being very popular.

Legacy
08-01-10, 1:29 am
I eat pork all the time bro. I think a lot of people stay away from it because they think there is a lot of fat in it. Best thing to do is marinate the pork so it stays moist. I always grill my pork up. Great piece of meat and your right, it doesn't seem popular, but shit I eat it all the time, favorite meat after steak.

Pizzalamp
08-01-10, 8:36 am
pork is vile

it contains similar virus properties that are found in AIDS patients

plus i remember seeing an interview w a serial killer who ate his victims and when asked what human felsh tastes like he said just like grilled pork

Machine
08-01-10, 11:32 pm
I find Pork to be a very good source of protein and I don't see anything to limit the inclusion of a dietary staple...it works for me. But if people don't feel the same as I do...that is okay too.

Good luck.

MACHINE

cstmgp
08-02-10, 6:42 pm
pork is vile

it contains similar virus properties that are found in AIDS patients

plus i remember seeing an interview w a serial killer who ate his victims and when asked what human felsh tastes like he said just like grilled pork

I'm afraid I'm going to need a source on this one! That is a strong statement that I am guessing varies greatly depending on environmental issues. I also enjoy pork as a good source of protien.
Shaun

AntoineV
08-03-10, 1:57 am
Personally I never eat pork... after seeing one of those vids on youtube where they show what happens when you pour Coke soda on porkchops.. I lost interest in pork... :O

My main meat sources are :

Horse
Chicken
Beef
Salmon
Tuna

I've also read in the past that Pork carries more bacteries than the other meat. But if you like pork and you only eat lean sources of it.. I say go ahead. I just don't like the taste that much either.

Bigun
08-03-10, 2:56 am
Man ive never heard of the whole worm thing. I looked it up on Youtube just now and I have to say that is pretty damn nasty. There is also just as many vids saying thats BS. I tend to beleive its BS myself.

Thrawn
08-03-10, 6:59 am
I find Pork to be a very good source of protein and I don't see anything to limit the inclusion of a dietary staple...it works for me. But if people don't feel the same as I do...that is okay too.

Good luck.

MACHINE

X2!

Nothing wrong with a good porkchop.

Pizzalamp
08-03-10, 7:47 pm
im on my home laptop now so i dont have all the articles and research stuff with me-so ill post them up tommorow but here is som,ething i found just by googling

scary stuff

sabbatarian christians also forbid pork,and for good reason.for 1 thing,every cell of the swine is infested with retrovirus,which is not killed in the cooking process.(the aids virus is incedentally a retrovirus,if you want to know what they can do)also,swine were created to be natures garbage disposal,not to be eaten for food.i am not a sabbatarian,and do not feel it is a sin to eat pork,but as a medical professional i know it is unwise to do so.colonic transit time of pork is much slower than that of other foods, thereby increasing the contact of your body with the toxins of a filth laden meat.not to mention the retrovirus in the meat.our patients who eat pork have more gouty arthritis and malaise,and i would dare say probably more cancer. god had a reason for prohibiting swines flesh in the old testament.while the risk of trichinosis is diminished by modern day cooking,it is not eliminated.and swine have not changed. they are just as unclean a meat today as they were in old testament times.

cstmgp
08-03-10, 10:39 pm
That is interesting info, and I'll have to check into it further. It seems as though if the meat were that bad or dangerous you would see more mainstream info on the matter. I wonder if these factors are more prevelant in certain cuts of meat? It's going to take some pretty nasty stuff to make me write off ham and bacon!!! lol
Thanks for the info,
Shaun

Legacy
08-03-10, 11:49 pm
I can understand the bacteria and all that shit on pork, but when you are cooking food on 400 degrees of throwing it on a grill, a lot of that shit won't be there come time to eat it. Just my 2 cents. I still eat pork

Big C
08-03-10, 11:57 pm
My main sources of protein (meat wise) are beef, chicken, turkey and tuna and talapia.

I don't eat a lot of pork....nor do I really care to b/c of reasons mentioned above...but once in a while I will enjoy some pork chops. When it comes to bacon, I love me some turkey bacon.

College Boy
08-04-10, 9:20 pm
'the aids virus is incedentally a retrovirus,if you want to know what they can do'

Most retroviruses are actually extremely fragile - AIDS, for example, can survive for only a matter of hours outside of a host. Just saying - and the fact that some people who eat pork have certain medical conditions is not a verifiable link. Correlation does not prove causation, and many conditions require a genetic predisposition. Maybe when you get back to your materials you could provide some further info? Like the name of the retrovirus? I'm not trying to be a dick - I'm actually just interested, as I am getting fucking as bored with steak chicken and eggs as the next guy.

C.B.

Pigskinmuscle
08-04-10, 9:41 pm
Personally I never eat pork... after seeing one of those vids on youtube where they show what happens when you pour Coke soda on porkchops.. I lost interest in pork... :O

Horse
Chicken
Beef
Salmon
Tuna

I've also read in the past that Pork carries more bacteries than the other meat. But if you like pork and you only eat lean sources of it.. I say go ahead. I just don't like the taste that much either.

Damn... I wish I could get my hands on some horse meat... what does it taste like?

anyways, I eat a ton of pork... gonna have some for dinner right now!

Vinny G
08-04-10, 9:44 pm
i eat pork

T. Kemble
08-04-10, 10:08 pm
Come over and try my pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and mustard on wholegrain kaiser rolls and you will certainly enjoy pork.

Machine
08-04-10, 11:01 pm
Come over and try my pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and mustard on wholegrain kaiser rolls and you will certainly enjoy pork.

Fuck! That sounds good brother.

MACHINE

Thrawn
08-05-10, 5:11 am

That sounds like the business!!
Awesome idea. That kinda food will make you GROW, no doubt.

Aggression
08-05-10, 8:51 am
Chops, bacon, ribs, sausage, taylor ham (pork roll). Shit, I'll indulge every once in a while. Its not a staple in my diet, but I sure won't turn it down if its around.

G Diesel
08-05-10, 9:01 am
I don't use it as a source of clean bodybuilding protein typically, but being of Italian (Dad's side) and Czech/Austrian descent (Mom's side), I grew up with pork in my diet and never go too long without some sausage or porketta or bratwursts or panchetta or prosciutto or bacon in my life on a cheat day. Life's too short to deny yourself some flava. Haha.

Peace, G

joe-yamma
08-05-10, 9:32 am
fyi, this thread made me hungry this morning haha

here you go guys... that Coke thing is false:
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/porkworm.asp

as G said, i'm italian so i eat pork.

Howitzer
08-07-10, 3:36 pm
Many ancient religions, Judaism and Islam for example, forbid the consumption of pork for one reason: It wasn't safe. We now know that the magic number is 160 degrees Fahrenheit. When pork is cooked to this temperature, the worm causing the disease process known as Trichinosis is destroyed. Before the discovery of these facts, eating pork could in fact be dangerous, which is why it was forbidden to eat by so many cultures.
To make statements like "We shouldn't eat pigs, they eat everything" is unfair. Ever see what a chicken eats, or a freaking tuna? EVERYTHING. I'd almost rather eat hog than chicken considering the filth a bird will eat, except for one detail: People eat everything too, and we've done okay so far.

BigChrisF
08-07-10, 4:06 pm
AIDS is not a virus. Retroviruses cannot be killed by cooking because they are not alive to begin with. They can be destroyed with heat like everything else can.

Girevik 69
08-07-10, 5:36 pm
I've never heard of this "pork retrovirus"... I'll have to research that one.

The main taboo against pork is trichinosis, a type of parasitic worm that buries itself in your muscle tissue and causes various problems ranging from flulike symptoms, to death, in some cases. That being the case, it is logical as to why the Levitical Dietary Laws were established, in ancient times.

However, there is one other reason as to why Jews, Muslims, & some Christians avoid pork: it apparently tastes like people.

Yep, that's pretty enlightening, if you ask me. Ask a "contingency cannibal" (i.e., one who resorted to cannibalism purely for survival purposes, like the Uraguayan rugby team in Alive) what human flesh tastes like, and chances are (if they are actually willing to talk about it) they will say it tastes like pork. In Tahiti, where cannibalism was once common, people are referred to as "Long Pig". Evidence of cannibalism is routinely found at archological sites of paleolithic peoples. Therefore, the Levitical Dietary Laws may also have been established to ban any "reminders" of Man's more visceral past.

Given all the above, I guess I must be in touch with my Inner Warrior-Cannibal, because I do indeed enjoy pork in it's many forms--pig roast, American BBQ & Mexican pulled pork, pork chops, sausage, bacon, etc.

gi4arata
08-07-10, 5:57 pm
X2!

Nothing wrong with a good porkchop.

x3

Joe J
08-08-10, 7:03 pm
Try some of my home cooked garlic sauce marinated fried pork and then try and tell me about the bacteria!

On a more serious note, I don't think that pork should be seen as meat not to be eaten. Whether for the coke propaganda YouTube videos or religious reasons. The fact is that man has eaten pork for many centuries and no clear harm has ever come as far as I am concerned.

AntoineV
08-08-10, 10:19 pm
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/graphics/pork3_small.jpg

Joe J
08-09-10, 7:06 am
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/graphics/pork3_small.jpg

Hahaha, that is under the section 'cokelore'. Interesting to think even coke propaganda can reach this far!

Topher
08-10-10, 7:37 pm

Horse
Chicken
Beef
Salmon
Tuna

Are you shittn about the horse meat?????

Howitzer
08-10-10, 9:48 pm
It's not consumed that regularly in the US. but horse meat is fairly common in Europe unless I'm mistaken.

BigChrisF
08-11-10, 3:10 am
We have a horse rendering plant in northern Illinois that primarily sells horse meat to places in Europe. It's very popular places over there.