PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions - Doing workouts wrong?

Oxbowsky
08-01-10, 7:33 pm
Today was shoulders and legs day and it's my second time doing so, except this time my left shoulder felt a little tense during the workout but not after and my right shoulder didn't feel tense at all not during or after. I know it has to hurt to build so do you think that means I did the shoulder workouts wrong? My right shoulder feels completely fine and my left pretty much does now too.
[side note] - my back did hurt a little bit during the workout and still does I do have some back issues i dont know if this is normal during a shoulder workout or not.

My other question is for the leg curls I can't figure out how to fix it so it's my size! Is there any other workout I can do that will work the exact same body parts?

Thanks for your help guys

BY THE WAY: Got my arm measured yesterday...12 inches around while flexing LOL

Legacy
08-01-10, 9:49 pm
Today was shoulders and legs day and it's my second time doing so, except this time my left shoulder felt a little tense during the workout but not after and my right shoulder didn't feel tense at all not during or after. I know it has to hurt to build so do you think that means I did the shoulder workouts wrong? My right shoulder feels completely fine and my left pretty much does now too.
[side note] - my back did hurt a little bit during the workout and still does I do have some back issues i dont know if this is normal during a shoulder workout or not.

My other question is for the leg curls I can't figure out how to fix it so it's my size! Is there any other workout I can do that will work the exact same body parts?

Thanks for your help guys

BY THE WAY: Got my arm measured yesterday...12 inches around while flexing LOL

If your back is hurting during your shoulder workout your doing something wrong. Remember bro, form comes before weight. Make sure your form is really good for all your exercises and then begin adding the heavy poundages.

As far as legs go two exercises that should be a staple in your routine is standing one leg hamstring curl and stiff legged deads. I almost always throw in a glute/ham raise as well. Legs are a big muscle group bro, just curious as to why you train them with shoulders? Why not give them their own day? What are your current goals bro?

Oxbowsky
08-01-10, 10:57 pm
I train them together because it says to on workout #14
There was a few of the shoulder workouts I felt like I had to be doing right though. The shrugs really isn't to difficult to get the technique down and I was using 15s then 20s then 25s on my tiny shoulders and still not tense or sore.

Legacy
08-01-10, 11:15 pm
I train them together because it says to on workout #14
There was a few of the shoulder workouts I felt like I had to be doing right though. The shrugs really isn't to difficult to get the technique down and I was using 15s then 20s then 25s on my tiny shoulders and still not tense or sore.

Just because your not sore doesn't mean something is not working. With that being said though you don't want to have some doms (delayed onset muscle soreness). Like I said previously, make sure your doing all your sets and reps good. Its not just about lifting the weight, you need to create that mind to muscle connection and focus on the workout. Just dont lift it to lift, make your body and muscles do the work with your mind recognizing it.