PDA

View Full Version : Giving Thx

Grue
08-02-10, 5:45 am
What I've learned from this forum and especially the pros. It’s not just training advice and diet routines but a way of life. I've learned to grow up, be a man and stop complaining.

A person like me who loves his sleep, and hates waking up early in the morning, eating so early and making food (I hate making food). I've learned to suck it up. I get an average of 6 hours of sleep a night now. I don't miss my gym sessions and I eat my 7 meals a day. This might sound like nothing to most of you, but its hell on earth for me... But I do it gladly. It's war. I might hate it at moments, but overall I'll do it with a smile on my face.

From my few years of hitting the weights, I've learned that there is no magic pill; there is no genie in a bottle that will make me big. It’s me and me alone. Getting big will take years of hard work, in and out side the gym. I will hurt, I will suffer, and not to forget my diet, which is a battle on its own.

But after a while, when I see myself in the mirror. To see the amount I have gained, to know I have made myself into this through hours and hours, days and days, months and months of hard work. The feeling of accomplishment I get; can't be compared to anything.

I got where I am today on my own. But that’s not completely true. I would not have been here, what I am. If it wasn’t for this forum; for the pros taking their time helping me, motivating me!

Just like to say. Thanks. Not just for all the advice, but thanks for the "bitch slap". The get of your ass and pay your dues attitude you guys give me, for helping me in this brutal battle against myself. You guys have made a difference in my life, not just in the gym but out side as well.

Thanks
Grue

Legacy
08-02-10, 9:14 am
It’s not just training advice and diet routines but a way of life. I've learned to grow up, be a man and stop complaining.

This is the best statement in your post. I hope more people follow this. No one ever gets anywhere by complaining about shit. When shit hits the fan you go two options, either go in a corner and cry about what happened or grab that shit by the horns and take it for a fuckin ride. Complaining doesn't get you anywhere, dealing with a situation and overcoming it does.

Sprint
08-05-10, 8:39 am
X2 Legacy

& I like this bit as well...

From my few years of hitting the weights, I've learned that there is no magic pill; there is no genie in a bottle that will make me big. It’s me and me alone. Getting big will take years of hard work, in and out side the gym. I will hurt, I will suffer, and not to forget my diet, which is a battle on its own.

Everybody wants to go to heaven...but nobody wants to die.

G Diesel
08-05-10, 9:20 am
You've got it figured out, Grue. Anything worth achieving is going to take time, effort, consistency, enthusiasm, planning and patience. I'm glad that minding these virtues has paid dividends in your training life and that the fellas here have been able to contribute to your journey.

Keep pushing forward bro.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
08-05-10, 1:56 pm
Welcome my man.

Firedrake
08-06-10, 1:06 am
Well said, Grue -- solid wisdom for a young man!

U Mad Brah?
08-06-10, 1:52 pm
thanx brahs