PDA

View Full Version : Squat vids Powerfreak

Powerfreak
08-02-10, 2:08 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX3y2JKm7HI

First real squat training for the meet.

Just trying to get used to the mono-lift and get my stance figured out.

The weights were: 505,595,685

Went to 775 but it didn't feel right so i racked it.

Going to go back in two weeks.

Stance is still way to narrow, this raw shit is gonna take some getting used to.

Brian Weston

MonTanaMusCle
08-02-10, 2:26 pm
They looked solid bro . . . very strong ! ! !

charlievanriper
08-02-10, 2:36 pm
All I can say is Dam Brian, nice. And my little Arse gets all excited about my lifts lol.

JUGGERNAUT
08-02-10, 2:41 pm
brute power

Powerfreak
08-02-10, 3:26 pm
Thanks all.

Just gettin' started. Didn't realize how far I cut that last one..damn it!

I still have not decided wether or not to use wraps. Might give them a try next time, since they are alowed at the meet in the "Raw" division. Just have to make sure that I have some one there to wrap me in training and at the Meet.

Hope to do much better the next time. Supposed to be going back in two weeks.

12 weeks til' the meet.

Brian Weston

C.Coronato
08-02-10, 4:21 pm
Looking good Powerfreak!

naturalguy
08-02-10, 4:44 pm
Powerfreak is back!

G Diesel
08-02-10, 4:46 pm
Raw fucking power man. Awesome.

Peace, G

Big Wides
08-02-10, 7:15 pm
nice to see you back and squatting big bro

mritter3
08-03-10, 8:06 am
very strong man...looking good

ghost
08-03-10, 9:23 am
love it. great work Bri.

Aggression
08-03-10, 9:46 am
Looking pretty damn easy with that big weight. niCe.

Machine
08-04-10, 11:15 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX3y2JKm7HI

First real squat training for the meet.

Just trying to get used to the mono-lift and get my stance figured out.

The weights were: 505,595,685

Went to 775 but it didn't feel right so i racked it.

Going to go back in two weeks.

Stance is still way to narrow, this raw shit is gonna take some getting used to.

Brian Weston

You looked fantastic BW...so happy to see you in the mix...they better look the fuck out!

MACHINE

Powerfreak
08-05-10, 2:01 pm
You looked fantastic BW...so happy to see you in the mix...they better look the fuck out!

MACHINE

Thanks Brother!

heading back this weekend. hope to do a little better.

Brian Weston

Powerfreak
08-06-10, 1:54 pm
Just got notice that OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT will be providing me with all of their latest powerlifting gear.

Although this is a new company the owner Rudy Rosales has been in the game for a long time.

Overkill is on the hot track with cutting edge designs and materials. Squat suits,breifs,bench shirts, deadlift suits etc.

I am way beyond excited to get into this new gear after my raw meet is over.

Brian Weston

BigChrisF
08-07-10, 4:56 pm
It's good to get back to the heavy squats. One of the best total body exercises you can do.

I don't agree that your stance is way too narrow for raw squat. Without the hip support from a suit, standing really wide will start to really hurt my hips after a few weeks. I would just focus on getting more depth and you should be golden.

Powerfreak
08-08-10, 7:33 am
Well, went back to squat this weekend. It went fairly well.

Put wraps on @705.
The person I had wrapping me had not wrapped me before, ittakes a little time to learn how a person prefers their wraps.
The wraps were giving me a bitch of a time getting down. the 705 was high but it felt good.
jumped to 755, again with t he damn wraps but it was close, if I would have forced a dip at t he bottom I would have been right on.

We did get some video but I haven't seen it posted yet, as soon as it is I will get it on here,

going back next week. Hopefully will get the wraps dialed in, but even so the guy helping me will be doing t he meet also and won't be able to wrap me there, so I have to find someone else for that.

Also, I was able to get my stance a little wider and everyting felt better, but still dialing it in.

Anyway, looking to hit 800 next week. That was the goal for the meet, but if I can get it this far out, alift closer to 900 might be possible.

Brian Weston