PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime Snacks

Tanji
08-04-10, 6:29 pm
Just thought Id set up a little thread to see what you guys eat before bedtime. All ideas are a welcome! Mention whether this snack is intended for use during bulking or cutting and important nutritional content. Before bedtime I usually have a blended casine/isolate shake with a 20g oats. 30 grams protien, 20g carb and 4 g fat.

Big C
08-04-10, 7:05 pm
Cutting not so much...it's 2 scoops of isolate in water.

But my new diet starts next week and it will be 2 scoops protein in milk and 2 scoops of natural peanut butter.

prowrestler
08-04-10, 7:37 pm
rice and beef cubes and milk

or a 1000 calorie weight gainer.

thats all i eat now adays so it depends what order i started eating those meals..

Ironfreakshow247
08-04-10, 9:11 pm
Im bulking and recently changed it up to this - 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs and an apple. It has been working great

Legacy
08-04-10, 10:17 pm
Everynight I eat 2 ounces of peanuts and a glass of milk. Been doing this for a good 3 months now and its helping my progress. Usually have my last meal 2 hours before bed and that peanut and milk snack a half hour before bed.

C.Coronato
08-05-10, 1:47 pm
2 cup of Greek yogurt with fruit mixed in - Bulking.

adidas
08-05-10, 2:00 pm
lately I have been downing a shake made up of whole egg powder, steak protein isolate, milk isolate, and some fruit (frozen strawberries or a banana) and coconut milk...

other good ideas

cottage cheese with raisens and almonds
cottage cheese w/blueberries
cottage cheese w/.....
you get the idea probably...lol

Lightnin'
08-05-10, 5:24 pm
Bulking - Cottage Cheese
Cutting - EAS lite protein drink, or make my own shake

Joseph V
08-05-10, 5:30 pm
honesly man..maybe im an idiot lmao but this is my bedtime snack bulking or cutting

chocolate nesquik powder, 2 % fat milk, with 5 grams of creatine

Kuclo
08-07-10, 9:27 pm
The whole dont eat before bed or only a small meal i think is bunk...i eat my last meal wether dieting or offseason right before I go to bed. Your body is about to go in a 5-10hour fast...why not fight it a little and give your body some cals to repair itself.

AntoineV
08-08-10, 12:14 am
I have to go with Kuclo. I usually just eat my last meal..

Spike_africa
08-09-10, 9:34 am
I'm a big fan of honey and Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.

Tanji
08-10-10, 2:16 pm
The whole dont eat before bed or only a small meal i think is bunk...i eat my last meal wether dieting or offseason right before I go to bed. Your body is about to go in a 5-10hour fast...why not fight it a little and give your body some cals to repair itself.

Yeah your right mate, it is such a load of bull****. As lifters it is essential to keep the body topped up with the essentials no matter what time of day. However I think what they need to elaborate on is the amount of carbohydrates you consume during the evening as naturally metabolism is lower during this time. Heavy simple carbohydrates such as white rices, pastas and breads need to be moderated during anytime at night and are best consumed early afternoons/evenings no matter if you bulking or cutting...it only contributes to excess fat and not quality mass. Unfortunatly alot of inexperianced lifters tend to see this as a good way to impress themselves at the scale...Just my opinion. What you boys think? To settle cravings for carbs at night I have a teaspoon of peanut butter...the fat content supresses the craving I find

Legacy
08-10-10, 2:26 pm
Yeah your right mate, it is such a load of bull****. As lifters it is essential to keep the body topped up with the essentials no matter what time of day. However I think what they need to elaborate on is the amount of carbohydrates you consume during the evening as naturally metabolism is lower during this time. Heavy simple carbohydrates such as white rices, pastas and breads need to be moderated during anytime at night and are best consumed early afternoons/evenings no matter if you bulking or cutting...it only contributes to excess fat and not quality mass. Unfortunatly alot of inexperianced lifters tend to see this as a good way to impress themselves at the scale...Just my opinion. What you boys think? To settle cravings for carbs at night I have a teaspoon of peanut butter...the fat content supresses the craving I find

Im a big believer in nutrient timing. Although it is really important for athletes, I think a lot of people can benefit from it and realizing what to eat and when to eat it.

Tanji
08-11-10, 2:59 pm
Timing is essiential ofcourse especially first thing in the morning

Billy
08-21-10, 9:53 am
Rice and Steak :)

Howitzer
08-21-10, 11:11 am
I mix up my bedtime snack. Casein shake. A couple of handfuls of almonds. A piece of steak. A can of tuna. I agree with Kuclo about the proximity of a meal to bedtime, but honestly with the amount of homework I'm going to have to do this semester, the snack is going to become more important.

Sprint
08-21-10, 11:52 am
I mix it up, sometimes whey protein mixed with milk

PB on toast (love PB)

And usually a bowl of cereal (Love cereal)

Maybe not hugely conventional, but I like to think outside the box & the above do the trick for me. I've never done a bulk or cut.

What's apparent is the continuous theme thats stomping all over the "No food after 6pm" bullshit that the health mags like to scream about the place.

charlievanriper
08-21-10, 1:24 pm
2 to 3 whole Eggs and 1/2 cup cottage cheese or 1 or 2 tb pb depending on how I feel.

Big Al
08-21-10, 3:58 pm
I eat 2 Universal peanut butter protien bars before bed. They are good as hell and it feels like I'm eating a real snack. (or some mint choc-o-chit icecream!!) LOL

StayGold
08-25-10, 7:33 am
I eat 2 Universal peanut butter protien bars before bed. They are good as hell and it feels like I'm eating a real snack. (or some mint choc-o-chit icecream!!) LOL

Hell yeah Big Al! I usually try to keep it fairly clean before bed. Usually just some milk, almods and maybe peanut butter. But mint choc. ice cream is a must !!!

Kuclo
08-27-10, 12:43 pm

I like it BIG AL!

My current before bed meal:

5-6oz meat (usually chicken or lean steak)

1-1.5 cups of oats w/.
1-2tblspn peanut or almond butter
Splash of sugar free maple syrup

N. Motta
08-27-10, 1:24 pm
I like it BIG AL!

My current before bed meal:

5-6oz meat (usually chicken or lean steak)

1-1.5 cups of oats w/.
1-2tblspn peanut or almond butter
Splash of sugar free maple syrup

Funny you mention that Steve. ^^

Do you feel that consuming a quality carb source, such as your oats, is just fine and dandy, when many say that the body will not metabolize carbs after a certain time of the day?

Not trying to argue or judge, just inquiring.

SpankyC
08-27-10, 6:43 pm
I like fast food so that the next day I can tell my friends I gained weight! Jk...anything slow digesting