PDA

View Full Version : video logs

Cole673a
08-07-10, 2:59 am
im gonna keep updating my youtube profile, dont have much of anythign on there yet, but will be addign on soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Animalc673

Legacy
08-07-10, 11:04 am
im gonna keep updating my youtube profile, dont have much of anythign on there yet, but will be addign on soon.

Might wanna take some plates off of that leg press and control it more on the negative portion and don't use the momentum to bring the weight back up.

Remember bro, it ain't what you do, its how you do it.

BamBam
08-07-10, 12:46 pm
Might wanna take some plates off of that leg press and control it more on the negative portion and don't use the momentum to bring the weight back up.

Remember bro, it ain't what you do, its how you do it.

Agreed... plus, your knees look like they r pinching inwards which equals INJURY... And, if your knees are shooting in like that, it is a sign of weak hips (just trying to help).

But listen to Legacy... "Form is Function"

IN IRON,
BB-

Cole673a
08-07-10, 1:09 pm
thats why i am posting them for help, i need to put up better vids though i wasnt even planning on putting them up, i just had to put some more on there

BamBam
08-07-10, 1:15 pm
thats why i am posting them for help, i need to put up better vids though i wasnt even planning on putting them up, i just had to put some more on there

Understandable, but always good to have an outside eye. Only thing I saw was your knees going in so do more adductor and abductor work for your hips.

Any help I can be man let me know... I will try to point you in the right direction.

IN IRON,
BB-

Cole673a
08-07-10, 1:17 pm
so do more squats?

BamBam
08-07-10, 1:19 pm
so do more squats?

Well squats and deads are the 2 best things you could ever do for yourself..

What stance do you use on squats and deads? Also, abductor and adductor work can be done with bands, on a specific machine (if your gym has one) or with a swiss ball (my fav.)

Legacy
08-07-10, 1:21 pm

Thats good bro, best way to learn. You can never know too much, always more to learn. Post them up and if there is something that needs to be tweaked we will let you know.

BamBam
08-07-10, 1:47 pm
Thats good bro, best way to learn. You can never know too much, always more to learn. Post them up and if there is something that needs to be tweaked we will let you know.

Very well said... tha'ts what family is for..

IN IRON
BB-

zubda345
08-08-10, 2:43 am

Bro, U better take some plates off or ur gonna get some serious ass kicking injury.

Just remove some plates, don't let ur knees bend inwards.

And I think ur knees are also tilting a bit more out then your toes in ur squats, can anyone else give him some help??

zubda345
08-08-10, 2:59 am
and another thing, when ever you pose just remember that U don't have to hide ur muscles or any part of ur body, just open up ur arms a bit more wider then U opened previously, Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpys-yn7k0Q&feature=fvw

Watch it from 2:41 and listen carefully what Arnold says, focus on every word of his.

Good luck!

BamBam
08-08-10, 1:31 pm
Bro, U better take some plates off or ur gonna get some serious ass kicking injury.

Just remove some plates, don't let ur knees bend inwards.

And I think ur knees are also tilting a bit more out then your toes in ur squats, can anyone else give him some help??

Well man I mean if he wants to do some heavy leg presses for whatever reason then just put some knee wraps on (Dorian Yates did it). Just don't let the weight sled slam into the bottom and control the weight. I don't do leg presses hardly, if at all, anymore but I am also a powerlifter and don't need to as much.

Also, on the squat.. shit, depth is good. Weight... thats a matter of feel. Use the RPE scale for burnout sets, and also on some other of your lifts. If you need an idea on what the RPE scale is then let me know. I have turned my squat into a pure powerliting stance and my knees don't hurt at all (*knock on wood*), my hips r strong, my core is bigger and stronger, and my hams - ass - and lower back r doing the work. But before I ramble, it was hard to tell from that angle what you need to work on if anything on squat.

IN IRON,
BB-

zubda345
08-08-10, 2:22 pm
Bro, I personally have no experience of Knee straps. I mean he could barely do 3 reps of leg press in my sight he should try no to go heavy like this, he can cut some weight now and increase it after some weeks. Well, but let him try we'll see what he gets to.

BamBam
08-08-10, 2:27 pm
Bro, I personally have no experience of Knee straps. I mean he could barely do 3 reps of leg press in my sight he should try no to go heavy like this, he can cut some weight now and increase it after some weeks. Well, but let him try we'll see what he gets to.

I know some people frown upon knee wraps, sleeves... or anything some would call GEAR... but I have used them on the leg press and squat before and they have def. helped me. All they do is allow for a rebound out of the bottom range of motion of any exercise, as well as increased stability and "safety". If he did his research and used the right pair (nothing serious or super heavy) then he would be fine but I do agree that he needs to build a good foundation on a certain exercise before he tries to add in any type of "GEAR" to his lifts. Although, bottom line, in the video, he got the weight up. Now would I advocate him doing reps or sets like this every week in and out... HELL NO... I got better leg press workouts in the past doing sets of 20-40 reps instead of 3. Remember, leg press is for aesthetics and size, not strength. Does it serve a purpose, yes, but not anywhere near the Squat or Deadlift.

zubda345
08-08-10, 3:59 pm
Yeah, I also use "GEAR" it is great. N yes I would LOVE to call Squats the KING OF EXERCISES!! n u said what I wanted to say man, we'r Bros!! :)

BamBam
08-08-10, 4:15 pm
Yeah, I also use "GEAR" it is great. N yes I would LOVE to call Squats the KING OF EXERCISES!! n u said what I wanted to say man, we'r Bros!! :)

Hell yeah we r brothers... everyone in here is..

But what GEAR do you use? Just curious. I see you are 17 and just making sure that you r building a good enough foundation at a young age before trying to get into suits or what-not

IN IRON,
BB-

Legacy
08-08-10, 6:21 pm

I think gear can be an unneeded decision by a lot of people. I see people all the time wearing belts in the gym, and although there is nothing wrong with it, you don't need a belt when doing seated calf raises or incline dumbbell curls. I also see guys walking around with knee wraps around them all the time. There is one guy who I find particularly funny, no matter what day what muscle or what exercise, he always has a belt on, knee wraps, elbow wraps, wrist wraps, and straps. Gear has its use for certain things.

Especially being young, I've realized the worst thing you can do is wrap everything up. You need to let you joints and tendons grow with the muscle. Unless truly needed, don't let just the muscle do all the work and give the joints and tendons extra help, make them work just as hard. You will definitely appreciate it in the long run. Its pretty much the same concept that we all talk about which is building that strong foundation first and then after a while let the detail come in.

I am guilty of it too though, I use some gear, I only use straps when i train traps, and I might wear wrist wraps on heavy pressing sets, other than that, I let my body handle whats coming.

BamBam
08-08-10, 6:26 pm
I think gear can be an unneeded decision by a lot of people. I see people all the time wearing belts in the gym, and although there is nothing wrong with it, you don't need a belt when doing seated calf raises or incline dumbbell curls. I also see guys walking around with knee wraps around them all the time. There is one guy who I find particularly funny, no matter what day what muscle or what exercise, he always has a belt on, knee wraps, elbow wraps, wrist wraps, and straps. Gear has its use for certain things.

Especially being young, I've realized the worst thing you can do is wrap everything up. You need to let you joints and tendons grow with the muscle. Unless truly needed, don't let just the muscle do all the work and give the joints and tendons extra help, make them work just as hard. You will definitely appreciate it in the long run. Its pretty much the same concept that we all talk about which is building that strong foundation first and then after a while let the detail come in.

I am guilty of it too though, I use some gear, I only use straps when i train traps, and I might wear wrist wraps on heavy pressing sets, other than that, I let my body handle whats coming.

I saw where MACHINE said on another thread that ... "... I guess everyone needs their armor.." speaking of course of using GEAR like that on everything. Personally, I use wrist wraps on Bench and Squat as well as my curls and tri work. Some of my accessory work I try to use as little as possible. Now, on lower body days, squats and deads, belt is a must. I also will put on my blue REHBAND knee sleeves and keep them on but it helps keep my joints and ligaments warm with a little "pressure" so to speak. Try to make it as raw as possible, but will use support to stay healthy wherever I can and need. Good point though Legacy

Legacy
08-08-10, 7:00 pm
I saw where MACHINE said on another thread that ... "... I guess everyone needs their armor.." speaking of course of using GEAR like that on everything. Personally, I use wrist wraps on Bench and Squat as well as my curls and tri work. Some of my accessory work I try to use as little as possible. Now, on lower body days, squats and deads, belt is a must. I also will put on my blue REHBAND knee sleeves and keep them on but it helps keep my joints and ligaments warm with a little "pressure" so to speak. Try to make it as raw as possible, but will use support to stay healthy wherever I can and need. Good point though Legacy

Absolutely there is no problem using them to help yourself with longevity, thats a must. I was trying to make the point that the younger guys need to learn to build that foundation first instead of going straight to using equipment. They also need to read up on them to understand why they are used and stuff like that, basically do your homework. Same thing with supplements; a lot of young guys go straight to the supplements instead of working out kinks in their diet and then figuring where to put what supps.

BamBam
08-08-10, 7:01 pm
Absolutely there is no problem using them to help yourself with longevity, thats a must. I was trying to make the point that the younger guys need to learn to build that foundation first instead of going straight to using equipment. They also need to read up on them to understand why they are used and stuff like that, basically do your homework. Same thing with supplements; a lot of young guys go straight to the supplements instead of working out kinks in their diet and then figuring where to put what supps.

True... alot of it has to do with media (magazines mainly) to push these kids to use supps more than showing them pictures of guys dieting lol. I agree whole heartedly man... build your foundations on stone... then the rest gets easier.... well.. you know lol

Legacy
08-08-10, 8:06 pm
True... alot of it has to do with media (magazines mainly) to push these kids to use supps more than showing them pictures of guys dieting lol. I agree whole heartedly man... build your foundations on stone... then the rest gets easier.... well.. you know lol

Yeah Jay Cutler takes NitroTech and CellTech and hes Mr. Olympia, "gain 25 lbs in a month", must work lol. Magazines get out of control with some of their stuff. Thats why I believe scientific books and strength and conditioning books teach the most.

Cole673a
08-08-10, 9:35 pm
I read just about every Muscular Development magazine cover to cover, it has some very good articles and sorry i know i probably look like i dont know much about what i am doing. I havent actually taped me doing a actual workout, those are a week or so old and i jsut takem them for fun, heres my leg routine.

Week 1

Leg Exts. 3 sets of 12(warm up)
Squats.Set of 20,15,12,10,8,6,6
Leg Press 6 sets of 20 reps
Walking Lunges 5 sets.
leg curls(machine) 3 sets of 12

Week 2(i do hrt training often with this)
Leg Exts. 3 sets of 12(warm up)
Squats 4 sets of 8
Leg Press 4 sets of 8
Front Squars 3 sets of 8
Leg Curls 3 sets of 12

Cole673a
08-08-10, 9:36 pm
i will upload new videos soon, ill update everyone in my journey as i do.

zubda345
08-09-10, 1:20 am

But what GEAR do you use? Just curious. I see you are 17 and just making sure that you r building a good enough foundation at a young age before trying to get into suits or what-not

IN IRON,
BB-

I use wrist straps some times n belt while I dead lift or some times when I do heavy back!

U r right, There r also some Parrots in my gym who wear belt all the time!

Legacy
08-09-10, 1:23 am
U r right, There r also some Parrots in my gym who wear belt all the time!

Parrots hahahaha

zubda345
08-09-10, 1:24 am

IN IRON,
BB-

I m building a good foundation, But I still gotta lose some more belly fat from sides n front!

BamBam
08-09-10, 12:07 pm
I m building a good foundation, But I still gotta lose some more belly fat from sides n front!

Shit, I'm a powerlifter... u r talking to me about belly fat? lol... One good thing that will help you lose some of that weight is LEUCINE

I added it to my arsenal and it rocks!!

Also, Cole, post vids asap and if you r gonna read a magazine, pick up Powerlifting USA or Muscular Development.

I love the parrots comment lol

IN IRON,
BB-

zubda345
08-09-10, 1:13 pm
Parrots hahahaha

Fuck yeah, they r Parrots. They don't know what they do, they think of the gym manager as some Killer builder. He's all fucked up, Idk i have never seen him in shape, many old gym champs say that he do not know how to exercise and anything about that. I also know that he doesn't know how to exercise. N Parrots are His parrots like me n one of my friend say, "Ahhh here they come THE PARROTS!!"

Shit, I'm a powerlifter... u r talking to me about belly fat? lol... One good thing that will help you lose some of that weight is LEUCINE

I added it to my arsenal and it rocks!!

Also, Cole, post vids asap and if you r gonna read a magazine, pick up Powerlifting USA or Muscular Development.

I love the parrots comment lol

IN IRON,
BB-

N where n how can I get Leucine??

BamBam
08-09-10, 1:25 pm
You should buy them a pack of crackers and they won't get the joke.. lol..

You can get Leucine pretty cheap at GNC... you can also look on dpsnutrition.com or bodybuilding.com

I got 120 Leucine caps at GNC for $3 bucks on sale cuz nobody buys the stuff.

IN IRON,
BB-

Cole673a
08-09-10, 1:56 pm
im doing shoulders tonight i will be sure to get a video or two up tonight

Cole673a
08-09-10, 11:20 pm
posting standing shoulder press now

zubda345
08-10-10, 3:34 am
You should buy them a pack of crackers and they won't get the joke.. lol..

You can get Leucine pretty cheap at GNC... you can also look on dpsnutrition.com or bodybuilding.com

I got 120 Leucine caps at GNC for $3 bucks on sale cuz nobody buys the stuff.

IN IRON,
BB-

HAHAHA.

So, in how much time will they show any kind of result??? n how to use them?? like what will b their dosage??

zubda345
08-10-10, 3:38 am
posting standing shoulder press now

OK bud, Press was good, But U can go a bit slow to make muscles a bit more pump. (by bit slow I don't mean that now U become a snail but I mean only decrease the speed a bit)

The Misfit
08-10-10, 4:32 am
OK bud, Press was good, But U can go a bit slow to make muscles a bit more pump. (by bit slow I don't mean that now U become a snail but I mean only decrease the speed a bit)

Agreed. Minor correction to your statement zubda345...

Controlling/slowing the descent is not practiced for reasons of achieving a "pump". If anything, ignore the pump. The whole idea of controlling the descent is this, you reduce the risk of injury and at a muscular level, more damage is done, example:

Boat rowers, sawing lumberjacks and gymnasts. They all do repetitive movements with the same load, a boat or canoist rower is trying to power along a boat as fast as he can, a sawing lumberjack is using power to saw down a tree, a gymnast does repeated movements with bodyweight. All are pushing the limits trying to use as much power as possible for the task at hand. Which one of those three has a discernable musculature? Boat rowers dont have huge backs, sawing lumberjacks dont have huge arms but gymnasts always have that musculature. They sure arent eating to get huge and most likely they arent doing incredibly heavy weight training but you can always see the musculature on a gymnast. Why? Well which one of those three does controlled negative movements? The rowers and sawers are just using positive movements and it does virtually nothing for their musculature (science agrees with that theory-concluding that the positive movment is a strength/priming phase and the eccentric is where the magic happens)--the gymnasts on the other hand are all doing heavy eccentric and controlled negative work (iron cross/rings, pommel horse etc etc etc)--the moral of the story is your whole thinking in all this should get to the point where your curling a weight up just for the simple reason of controlling the descent downward so you can get bigger

zubda345
08-10-10, 7:30 am
It's also true Bro. But I feel a lot of difference if I go slow rather then going fast.

Try to work it out in ur mind some time ull feel some pump.

BamBam
08-10-10, 6:38 pm
HAHAHA.

So, in how much time will they show any kind of result??? n how to use them?? like what will b their dosage??

I take 6 pills before I workout, and 2 with each meal. The bottle should say how much to take

I agree, slow down the reps a bit. Also, maybe widen your hands and keep your back tightened... almost locked. The stricter the better. If you widen your hands and it hurts, ignore what I said and press what feels good

IN IRON,
BB-

Cole673a
08-11-10, 12:14 am
well my main priority is to always keep good form, but what i have been doing is always either working out being explosive or slower and controlled i figured switchin it around would benefit me? i also do regular traing based areoun 4 exercises per body part and 4 sets of 8 usually and then the next week i do hrt training so one week heavy next hrt

The Misfit
08-11-10, 2:17 am
well my main priority is to always keep good form, but what i have been doing is always either working out being explosive or slower and controlled i figured switchin it around would benefit me? i also do regular traing based areoun 4 exercises per body part and 4 sets of 8 usually and then the next week i do hrt training so one week heavy next hrt

Do you mean to say, you alternate between

1. explosive concentric (positive) followed by an uncontrolled eccentric (negative)

and

2. controlled concentric (positive) followed by a controlled eccentric (negative)

??

There is a misunderstanding here in which one of us has missed the point, hmmm.
I think that no matter what and how you train, you should always and I mean always control the weight on the eccentric part of the movement, there are instances in which this is easier said than done.

Controlling the weight on the decent, it makes sense, did you read the example in my previous post?
That very example, I borrowed, a post by Dante Trudel, the man who came up with DC training. Within the principles of DC, you will find that eccentric control is a key concept. Much with HRT, the forced negatives are much the same concept:

Controlling the eccentric phase of the movement will result in the most muscular damage at a cellular level.

Is this not the whole idea of training with resistance/bodybuilding? We beat ourselves up in the gym for the sole purpose of "damaging" the muscles only so that we may begin consuming copious amounts of food and sleeping for recovery and growth.

In regards to your training rotation. From my short time on the FORVM, through discussion, I have come to the realization that no one training method (Volume, HIT, DC, HRT) is superior to the other. Every one (individual bodies) reacts differently. It's all about finding out what works and what doesn't...and yes var..(I'm struggling to type)...varie...(I might just my vomit)...variety...is key.

Hope that has helped??

zubda345
08-11-10, 7:40 am
I take 6 pills before I workout, and 2 with each meal. The bottle should say how much to take

IN IRON,
BB-

There's a ton of on this stuff on web sites, can U find me one and post the link here??

Cole673a
08-11-10, 3:00 pm
[QUOTE=The Misfit;993761]Do you mean to say, you alternate between

1. explosive concentric (positive) followed by an uncontrolled eccentric (negative)

and

2. controlled concentric (positive) followed by a controlled eccentric (negative)

??

yes thats how i have been training for past month or so, is that bad?

boyer77
08-11-10, 3:04 pm
[QUOTE=The Misfit;993761]Do you mean to say, you alternate between

and

??

IMO every movement should be controlled for best growth. I live by the rule of constant strain on the muscle forces it to break down even further which then causes it to heal even stronger...and bigger.

zubda345
08-11-10, 8:47 pm
Yeah, the above person is correct!

The Misfit
08-11-10, 9:37 pm

Eccentric Contractions—Muscle Actively Lengthening

(as sourced from http://www-neuromus.ucsd.edu/musintro/contractions.shtml)

During normal activity, muscles are often active while they are lengthening. Classic examples of this are walking, when the quadriceps (knee extensors) are active just after heel strike while the knee flexes, or setting an object down gently (the arm flexors must be active to control the fall of the object).

As the load on the muscle increases, it finally reaches a point where the external force on the muscle is greater than the force that the muscle can generate. Thus even though the muscle may be fully activated, it is forced to lengthen due to the high external load. This is referred to as an eccentric contraction (please remember that contraction in this context does not necessarily imply shortening). There are two main features to note regarding eccentric contractions. First, the absolute tensions achieved are very high relative to the muscle's maximum tetanic tension generating capacity (you can set down a much heavier object than you can lift). Second, the absolute tension is relatively independent of lengthening velocity. This suggests that skeletal muscles are very resistant to lengthening. The basic mechanics of eccentric contractions are still a source of debate since the cross-bridge theory that so nicely describes concentric contractions is not as successful in describing eccentric contractions.

Eccentric contractions are currently a very popular area of study for three main reasons: First, much of a muscle's normal activity occurs while it is actively lengthening, so that eccentric contractions are physiologically common (Goslow et al. 1973; Hoffer et al. 1989) Second, muscle injury and soreness are selectively associated with eccentric contraction (Figure 2, Fridén et al. 1984; Evans et al. 1985; Fridén and Lieber, 1992). Finally, muscle strengthening may be greatest using exercises that involve eccentric contractions. Therefore, there are some very fundamental structure-function questions that can be addressed using the eccentric contraction model and eccentric contractions have very important applications therapeutically to strengthen muscle.

So what does all this mean?

Control the eccentric phase of the movement

You do this well in your squatting video.

Cole673a
08-12-10, 12:38 am
ok well i will stick to control from now on.

BamBam
08-12-10, 5:31 pm
ok well i will stick to control from now on.

Good call.

Cole673a
08-13-10, 12:08 pm
keep in touch on videos i would apprecaite any advice, im hoping to compete one when im ready. me and a couple friends are gonna record our whole leg workout this saturday, its my weakest point but thats what i want to improve

BamBam
08-13-10, 12:22 pm
keep in touch on videos i would apprecaite any advice, im hoping to compete one when im ready. me and a couple friends are gonna record our whole leg workout this saturday, its my weakest point but thats what i want to improve

Got anything new coming bro? Leg workout should be good to see to know what you are hitting and what u aren't, along with weaknesses you may have.

IN IRON,
BB-

zubda345
08-13-10, 1:38 pm

Just don't worry n keep posting videos, every one has week points U won't believe mine is Arms n I m also improving them.

My Fav is Wheels But U know I didn't knew ho to squat I couldn't take my ass down, But a friend of mine (A friend on Animal pak) helped me, I just posted a video n he then corrected me now I m Doing pretty well on squats. So just don't quit up n keep postin vids we'll do our best to improve ya!!

Cole673a
08-14-10, 2:00 am
well im never quitting, my strong point was my chest before my arm fell out of socket its just now startign to let me work chest again, its been like 4 months....but it gave me time to bring legs up

zubda345
08-14-10, 9:42 am
Good Good. Keep it up!!

BamBam
08-14-10, 11:30 am
well im never quitting, my strong point was my chest before my arm fell out of socket its just now startign to let me work chest again, its been like 4 months....but it gave me time to bring legs up

Bigger shoulder girdle... this will all but make certain that this won't happen again

Cole673a
08-14-10, 5:04 pm
Bigger shoulder girdle... this will all but make certain that this won't happen again

what do you mean?

BamBam
08-14-10, 5:14 pm
what do you mean?

You said your arm came out of socket... a bigger shoulder girdle, along with strengthened rotators will assure you won't have those problems again.

I have some good rotators exercises if u need them and anything else u need holler..

IN IRON-
BB-

Cole673a
08-14-10, 6:51 pm
oh ok i didnt know what girdle meant

BamBam
08-14-10, 10:23 pm
oh ok i didnt know what girdle meant

Shoulder girdle is the sum of the mass of your delts, upper back (on either side), traps, upper lats, top of your bis, and about 1/4 of your outter chest. At least that's how I define it...

Cole673a
08-15-10, 12:19 am
well i use to always neglect shoulders and thats most likely what caused it, but i got many positives from the injury. i full work every body part now and brought my weakest body part up alot

BamBam
08-15-10, 1:30 pm
well i use to always neglect shoulders and thats most likely what caused it, but i got many positives from the injury. i full work every body part now and brought my weakest body part up alot

As long as you are learning and actually trying to better yourself then you will be fine.

Cole673a
08-15-10, 9:26 pm
tom im doin shoulders what exercise should i video?

BamBam
08-16-10, 11:54 am
tom im doin shoulders what exercise should i video?

Any pressing.. really anything bro. Your call... just what you think you may need help on

Cole673a
08-16-10, 10:52 pm
im uploading a vid of me doing seated barbell shoulder press (Also HRT) let me know what you think.

zubda345
08-17-10, 2:04 pm
It was OK 4rm my point of view!

zubda345
08-17-10, 2:24 pm
I've also posted my 4 months old Leg press video on YouTube. If I was wrong that time at any point let me know.

Cole673a
08-24-10, 11:41 am
im gonna post me doing deads today, am about to leave for the gym now wish me luck some days deads feel great others not so great but ill give them hell, later.

Cole

zubda345
08-24-10, 3:09 pm
Gud luck man!!!

I also hate Deads some times!!

Cole673a
08-24-10, 4:12 pm
i was plan on going to 5 plates but just stuck with 4 and repped it out. about to upload it now

Cole673a
08-24-10, 6:03 pm
is now up

zubda345
08-24-10, 8:44 pm
If I was U i would also bend my my knees a bit while going down!

Stiffed legs deads are for Hams. If U were doing hams then that was OK!

zubda345
08-24-10, 8:46 pm
I suggest looking at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs-wOHN5tdw&feature=search

Cole673a
08-24-10, 11:54 pm
i think my shorts and the angle make it look like im not bending my knees as much as i am, but yes i see where your coming from.

Cole673a
08-25-10, 12:24 am
but still i need to bend my knees more, next week i will try and improve my form. and have another vid up

The Misfit
08-25-10, 3:32 am
Zubda and Cole, it's good to see critique and advice being thrown around here. It's what this place was made for.

Deadlift, deadlift, deadlift. As simple as the exercise may seem (pull the bar up off the ground) there is a tinge of complexity needed in terms of technique. The only advice I would give would be to set your body and the bar before pulling. When you initiated the lift, you rolled the bar towards you, avoid this as it compromises technique and causes other parts of your body to over compensate.

I won't go any further in my critique as I am still addressing issues with mine. Instead I'll post links to articles and videos on deadlift technique. While the link Zubda provided is of some value, I'm not too sure that it is of great value. I believe you will benefit more from a powerlifters instruction as opposed to an individual on the so called "expert village".

How to deadlift the proper way without wrecking your back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRlk6264I

Dave Tate on deadlifting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2_mCh2dUI

Improving the deadlift
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/improving-the-deadlift/

zubda345
08-25-10, 4:47 am
but still i need to bend my knees more, next week i will try and improve my form. and have another vid up

Yeah U do that.

Zubda and Cole, it's good to see critique and advice being thrown around here. It's what this place was made for.

Deadlift, deadlift, deadlift. As simple as the exercise may seem (pull the bar up off the ground) there is a tinge of complexity needed in terms of technique. The only advice I would give would be to set your body and the bar before pulling. When you initiated the lift, you rolled the bar towards you, avoid this as it compromises technique and causes other parts of your body to over compensate.

I won't go any further in my critique as I am still addressing issues with mine. Instead I'll post links to articles and videos on deadlift technique. While the link Zubda provided is of some value, I'm not too sure that it is of great value. I believe you will benefit more from a powerlifters instruction as opposed to an individual on the so called "expert village".

How to deadlift the proper way without wrecking your back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRlk6264I

Dave Tate on deadlifting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2_mCh2dUI

Improving the deadlift
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/improving-the-deadlift/

Thankx Sir. I'll look forward n post a comment ASAP!

msktyshha
08-25-10, 11:55 am
great videos and critique guys....I am hooked to this thread

Cole673a
08-25-10, 5:36 pm
i can tell you one thing my lower back is sore lol, and i also work construction so its just that much more fun lol, anyway im hittin chest tonight i may video some dumbbell presses, i am happy with my barbell bench but since my shoulder injury idk if my dumbbel press is back right yet.

zubda345
08-26-10, 4:19 am
I guess U should upload ur Dumbbell presses cause n not barbell presses if u have a shoulder injury. Cause Dumbbell give a lot of range of motion to each arm individually!

BamBam
08-26-10, 4:30 pm
Ditch the straps on the deads...

IN IRON,
BB-

Cole673a
08-26-10, 6:04 pm
are they bad to use? i read that bodybuilders should use strap so they focus more on working the target area or something like that?

BamBam
08-26-10, 6:20 pm
are they bad to use? i read that bodybuilders should use strap so they focus more on working the target area or something like that?

I used to use them, and now I don't due to my powerlifting, but, my back is bigger and wider, and my grip is about 100 times stronger. Good to use every now and then, but switch to an "over under" grip and you won't have a need for straps.

The Misfit
08-26-10, 8:22 pm

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Do not take what others say as being the bottom line. When on the forums you do not want to be looking for a solution, rather you should be looking for ideas.

My stance on straps is this:
My grip is a limiting factor in heavy deads and bb rows so rather than use straps throughout all my working sets, I instead save them only for the final set. By doing this I allow my grip to be worked in the preceding sets. Come my heavy final set I want to get the most reps possible but my grip will always give out, this is where straps come in.

Cole673a
08-27-10, 12:27 am
in my eyes for bodybuilding straps should be used, i can understand not using for powerlifting. i am just trying to focus on the muscle im working and getting the msot work done by that certain muscle im working to the fullest extent.

intoodeep25
08-27-10, 9:32 am
my stance on straps is as followed. if your on your heaviest set, and your grip gives out before your back does, meaning you could have gotten more reps but physically couldnt hold the bar, then straps should be used. if you can perform the set and maintain your grip, straps should not be used.

zubda345
08-27-10, 11:20 am
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

If Anybody doesn't use them it's OK. Any if he does use it it's not of any loss or -ve effect!!! Just don't worry!!

I use them some times n I don't use them some times I now do deadlifts with over under grips but still some times I use them when I like/desire 2!

It's not a big deal from my point of view. Just don't be a fool like those who keep wearing belts n Gloves/straps all the time. There's not a loss of it. But U Look stupid as a Parrot when U keep wearing them all the time!

The Misfit
08-28-10, 12:41 am
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

Mind your language.

zubda345
08-28-10, 2:53 am
LOL!